Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians (9069 Views)

Boko Haram Are Displacing More Nigerians - UN / Femi Fani-kayode: Are Christians Second Class Citizens In Nigeria? / Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians – report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by MalcoImX: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
A report on the website of Radio France International (RFI) has revealed that some members of the terrorist group, Boko Haram are of the christian faith.
According to the report, little is known about the Islamist sect and much public information about them is not correct.

The European Conference on African Studies set to hold this week gave Nigerian researchers an opportunity to meet in Paris and took part in a round table entitled “Within and around Boko Haram in Nigeria”.
|
Read the comments of two researchers below:
Ini Dele-Adedeji (School of Oriental and African Studies):
* Boko Haram’s pledged allegiance to the Islamic State.
“Transnational, international aims – I have not seen evidence to support that. So I think they want to carve out a Sharia state in a part of northern Nigeria. But I don’t think they intend for it to cover the whole of sub-Saharan
Africa.”
Murray Last (University College of London):
1. Lack of knowledge about Boko Haram.
“The real problem of Boko Haram is that no one has actually infiltrated them or if they have, they haven’t come out, or they’ve joined them. So the level of knowledge about the insides of Boko Haram is remarkedly small.”
2. Boko Haram leadership – Abubakar Shekau.
“If you analyse the photographs you seem to have so many people that might be Shekau. Shekau has been pronounced dead by the Nigerian press and army so many times. So what one’s dealing with is quite possibly the title of leader like Shekau, which could be applied to anyone.”
3. Number of fighters, salary and Christians.
“It’s almost certainly bound to be about 5,000, but some people put the numbers up way higher. The other problem is that of course as far as we know it’s quite a good job, at one point you could be paid 400 dollars a month for just simply joining them, you wouldn’t have to go fighting, you would spend your first months doing logistics or training. It’s quite profitable joining Boko Haram because you not only loot places, but you share the loot out at the end. And the third point that I think is important to realise is that there are plenty of Christians who are part of Boko Haram because it’s a job.”http://www.naij.com/486149-report-claims-many-boko-haram-members-are-christians.html
Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by Dollyak(f): 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
Troll. Go back in your hole. Read the misleading article again. The article is just a baseless speculation.

MalcoImX:
I think is important to realise is that there are plenty of Christians who are part of Boko Haram because it’s a job
So because Boko Haram are getting paid $400 they must be a christian.
What a stupidd logic. Disgraceful.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by kestolove95(m): 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
I dont know if dey are xtian or wat eva, all i know is dat dey are not muslims

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by MalcoImX: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hmm, France and Boko Haram!
Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by doublewisdom: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
Muslims be deceiving themselves.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Muslims are Terrorist!

18 Likes

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by CUM4WHAT(m): 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
NONSENSE

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by midolian(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
I don't care. All I know is "Boko Haramites are not muslims".

I am a proud muslim and not a terrorist. Every good muslim should know the teachings of islam. Terrorism is above all murder. Murder is strictly forbidden in the Qur’an. Qur’an 6:151 says, “and do not kill a soul that God has made sacrosanct, save lawfully.” (i.e. murder is forbidden but the death penalty imposed by the state for a crime is permitted)

Quran 5:53 again says, “whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”

Every true muslim should know this. And to those who have chosen to believe all muslims are terrorists, you should know better. If killing of innocent souls was in the teachings of islam, every muslim would go out there to kill without the fear of being caught.

And whoever has a hand in these attacks that have claimed the life of many will soon be exposed and will know no peace.

#peace

Cc: Oremussanctus

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by Pavore9: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
A 'consolation' article.......make l laugh small! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
Fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yes because "ALLA AKUBA" is Chanted by Christians.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by vedaxcool(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
The only tag these hagrams deserve is the tag that starts with an A....and ends with an... L

1 Like

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by whytepawn1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
useless article.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by dulaman: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
see the way they are saying the article is useless because they mention xtain involve in BH.
and the source is France oh

2 Likes

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by feedburner(m): 5:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
all boko haram members are moslem but the converse is not true grin

1 Like

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by mrjangaweed: 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
all terrorists are Muslims but not all Muslims are terrorist - facts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by mofayodeyahoo: 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
Abubakar shekau, kabiru sokoto, yusuf muhammadu, are all christians...rubbish
even thier allegiance with Islamic state are being coordinated by a Reverend?

Thier religion leaders/sponsors in North are watching from distance if they could give them religion victory

life without Christ is not far from crisis...
Christians are the only happy people on earth

others are just borrowing leave.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by dayo23(f): 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yeye dey smell! Islamic group declaring islamic caliphate are now christians. F00lish people

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by daniska3yaro(m): 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
Some niggas need brain o.s upgrade
Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by abduljabbar4(m): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
doublewisdom:
Muslims be deceiving themselves.
So french people are now muslims.

Well, I'm not sure whether they are muslims or christians but what I'm sure is that Islam doesn't teach or encourage what they do
Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by airmark(m): 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
book haram are now Christians? These guys think we are f00lz. Cowards

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by omowolewa: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
When stubbornness is at it peak, even the father of a stubborn child will ask him mama where he get am from.

Just a simple logic.

2 Likes

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by Ahmed4002(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
Their methodology is to initiate war by attacking non-Muslims/muslim in their country or other countries.
The result is that everyone suffers from
the disastrous consequences of their actions.

so disregard bokoharam as Muslim or christian as they target everyone.

Even worse, they go further by terrorizing and killing government officers, members of the armed forces and public servants, simply because they are easy targets. These groups use a “militant Islamic" ideology to justify such felonious action, declaring the ruler, the government, and it's officers to be criminals standing in the way of “true Islam", who must be eliminated. Thus, those who are innocent of any crime, but who re earning a living and raising their families,
such as officers and officials of ministries and
departments, county and city officials and
police, become targets of these extremist
ideologues. Such groups do not hesitate to kill them in surprise attacks, terrorizing the entire nation by blasting here and there and harming the innocent.

God save us
Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by watts75: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
A lot of Christians are members of boko haram, many join because of the financial incentives just like their Muslims counterparts.
Take for instance the attempted bombing of a chruch in Plateau today, the location of the Chruch is in an area exclusively dominated 109 % by Christians. And this is an area that has a vibrant local security watchdog and vigilante groups .

The question is how did a Boko Haram member penetrate all these obstacles and walked straight into a chruch and plant two explosive without anyone seeing him. My guess is that, a Christian can be contracted and paid huge amount of money just to plant the bomb.

1 Like

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by dives(m): 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
Dorrobucci:
Muslims are Terrorist!
Hmmmm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by CyberWolf: 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
abduljabbar4:

So french people are now muslims.

Well, I'm not sure whether they are muslims or christians but what I'm sure is that Islam doesn't teach or encourage what they do
are you not an ediot? The source of this article, is it Nigeria based or France based? Keep fooling yourself there. The earlier you people know the source of your problem, the better for you..

3 Likes

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by abduljabbar4(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
CyberWolf:
are you not an ediot? The source of this article, is it Nigeria based or France based? Keep fooling yourself there. The earlier you people know the source of your problem, the better for you..
Look at a mirror and you will know who an idi0t is. Report says bh members are christians! Deal with it

1 Like

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
I S L A M A B A D !!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by misreal(m): 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=MalcoImX post=35781801][/quote]hahaaha..Mr op I think Osama bin laden was a bishop before he died,while shekau is an arch bishop...nothing I no go hear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by omolami: 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
This mumu writer is as uneducated like his Buhari from Daura. Can't reason well

2 Likes

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by old2boy(m): 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2015
No true follower of Christ can join bokoharam. Even those with seemingly Christian names that do so have changed religion.

1 Like

Re: Report: Many Members Of Boko Haram Are Christians by CyberWolf: 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Look at a mirror and you will know who an idi0t is. Report says bh members are christians! Deal with it
keep fooling yourself there..terrorist angry

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasarawa Dep-Gov's Official Driver, Daniel Ogoshi, Kidnapped in Lafia / Reps Cut Short Holiday Over Bribery Scandal / Why Do Some Igbos On Nairaland Think I Am Not An Igbo Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.