Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti (698 Views)

Alleged Budget Padding: I Will Not Withdraw My Accusations'- Jibrin Tells Dogara / I Withdraw My Congratulatory Message To Obaseki And Reject Edo APC Primary / Alex Otti Dancing With Ladies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti by Ndlistic(m): 12:54am On Jul 13, 2015
UMUAHIA—ABIA State governorship candidate on the platform of All Progressive Grand Alliance [APGA] in the last general elections, Dr. Alex Otti has denied rumours that he was negotiating with Governor Okezie Ikpeazu and his party, PDP to drop his petition at the tribunal describing the rumours as “wicked, baseless and blatant falsehood”.

Dismissing the rumour as laughable, Otti said negotiating to withdraw his petition would amount to betrayal of the trust the people who supported and voted for him reposed on him.

He however admitted that different emissaries from his opponents had continued to approach him for a truce but insisted that no amount of pressure and persuasion would make him to drop the struggle to pursue the matter to a logical legal conclusion.

Otti, in a statement issued weekend in Umuahia, said that the mandate freely given to him by Abia people through the ballot was non-negotiable, saying he was marching on with the legal action at the tribunal.

Entitled “My governorship mandate non-negotiable”, Otti described the rumoured secret talks with his opponents for a possible reconciliation as untrue and handiwork of political jobbers.

“The rumour is baseless, blatant falsehood and the wishful thinking of idle political jobbers and rumour peddlers, in their deliberate attempt to cause mischief and deceive unsuspecting members of the public.

“To negotiate away the mandate from Abia people, who trooped out in their numbers and voted for me because of their conviction and belief in my ability to bring about the desired change, will amount to a betrayal of the people’s trust.”

“And rather than betray the trust, I am more emboldened and resolute to explore all the legal means possible to reclaim the stolen mandate in order to be able to fulfill my campaign promises to put smiles on people’s faces.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/ill-not-withdraw-my-petition-against-ikpeazu-otti/

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti by jlinkd78(m): 1:06am On Jul 13, 2015
Good luck though I just v this feeling dat Ikpeazu is working
Re: I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti by kestolove95(m): 1:09am On Jul 13, 2015
Otti is d gov. But found him self in d wrong party..but okezie is just a caretaker gov
Re: I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti by mrvitalis(m): 1:50am On Jul 13, 2015
Wish you luck.... .. . Let the true wish of the people uphold
Re: I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti by Sardongarigan(m): 1:54am On Jul 13, 2015
Ok
Re: I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:25am On Jul 13, 2015
None of my biz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti by stinggy(m): 7:05am On Jul 13, 2015
kestolove95:
Otti is d gov. But found him self in d wrong party..but okezie is just a caretaker gov

APGA is a wrong party in the East now?
Re: I’ll Not Withdraw My Petition Against Ikpeazu —alex Otti by Ratebuster(m): 7:07am On Jul 13, 2015
pls go and sit down you think your evil deeds with T.A will not come after you. desperate power monger

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Seal-off Of 36 Houses In Asokoro / Re: Hungerbad's Response On "We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Why Do Jonathanians/Taniods Want Obua Dead??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.