Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Behind The Shades Episode3 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind The Shades Episode3 (686 Views)

Getting More Interesting(episode3): Jumai!..conflit Between True Love&true Life. / Getting More Interesting(episode3): Jumai!..conflit Between True Love&true Life. / The Shades Of Deception By Olarhtunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Behind The Shades Episode3 by Donperfecter(m): 6:54am On Jul 13, 2015
EPISODE 3: BEHIND SHADES
Previously on BEHIND SHADES:My heart melted that instant, no man has ever done this to me, so I didn’t have any problem at all, and it is just a matter of time. Should I say no, or should I just make him beg a longer more before I accept. I would have to think about it because I don’t really know what to say now...
Can I take you out for a date or something, so you could know me better? He asked me. If na you, wetin you go talk?, yes ohh. He left my office. I smiled all through the day, this is a testimony oh. According to my friends, Gods time is the best. George called me few days later, we both went out for a date. In fact my dressing was out of this world. I called one of my designers to design something unique. He couldn't take his eyes off me. “do you have an answer for me now?” he asked again. I wasn't expecting that kind of question so soon. My friends do tell me that, once you keep a man on hold for too long, he would move his eyes elsewhere without thinking. Let that not happen to me, I just have to say yes. Yes, I told him. He was so happy, his smile was so beautiful. I hope this one wont break my heart.
George and Becky became so fond of each other that they couldn't do without seeing each other in a day. It was already a year down the relationship. Everything was going on well. Until….
George cuddled her so tight as they listened to Brandy’s Fall at the background. When are we going to take this to the next level? She asked him. He paused, sat up and looked at her in a big surprise. “what do you mean by taking this to the next level”? he replied. Ahh Ahh haba, stop pretending like you don’t know what I mean by next level. We are getting older by the day and I feel its right if we just get married. Baby, I want to spend the rest of my life with you”Becky said softly.
“I thought we said we are going to take things slowly, lets do this my way” he replied. Don’t you want to get married to me, am I not good enough, why are you taking so long?” Becky asked with a cracked voice, about to shed tears. “it Is not like that, there is time for everything, now its time for me to show you that love every woman deserves. Its time to show you off to the world as my girl.” He said, smoothed her face with his palms. “I want to be showed off as your wife and not your girl” she walked out of the room in anger.
The next day she was with her friends as usual in her compound. The gate man brought in a young man to her, he introduced himself as a parcel delivery man and that he has a parcel for her. She collected the parcel, opened it and saw a note and a diamond ring in it. The letter read;
“I have kept it since, waiting for an appropriate day for me to ask this big question. Becky, ever since I met you, you gave me a whole new life, you changed my life for good. I am grateful to meet an angel like you, please forgive me if I have kept you waiting this long. I love you and I am asking you on my knees to please marry me”.
She screamed with a great surprise and tears in her eyes. A car painted in pink and “Please be my bride’written all over it.” drove into the compound. Becky’s heart was literary in her mouth. Her friends were all full of smiles. This was a big shock to her. After so many years finally, she found love again.
It was the day fixed for the engagement party, everyone gathered with Becky. She was so beautiful that night. Everyone waited for George to show up, but he didn’t, 9pm passed, 10 passed, 12am passed. His numbers were all out of reach, his office said he wasn’t there and he had left since afternoon.
Becky, who was now on the ground was crying bitterly, what if he was dead on his way here? She thought to herself. Where is George? Where is my fiancee?. Everyone left the engagement party in disappointment. She cried uncontrollably.
Watch this space for the next Episode of Behind Shades.

(1) (Reply)

The Hunter And The Cap - A Story / For My Val! / My Portrait Painting Portfolio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.