Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA (2962 Views)

We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA / ANTI-GAY LAW: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law–united States Govt. / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Gay Law In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by seedgreen(m): 9:12am On Jul 13, 2015
The United States government has vowed to continue to press the Nigerian government to reverse its anti-gay law.

The US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, said this during a live-web chat with journalists in Washington. Our correspondent monitored the web chat in Abuja.
Thomas-Greenfield also said that America was not bothered that Chinese companies were fast taking over the African market from their US counterparts.
President Goodluck Jonathan had on January 7, 2014 assented to the Same s*x Marriage (Prohibition) Bill 2013 which criminalises homosexuality in the country.

On January 14 when it became public that the President had signed the bill into law, the US, Canada and the European Union openly expressed reservations over the law.
Thomas-Greenfield, who said the US had adopted the protection of the rights of same-s*x people as part of its foreign policies, vowed that Washington would continue to mount and sustain pressure on Nigeria and other countries to reverse their laws against the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender community.

She said, “As a government, it is one of the highest priorities and strongest values that discrimination against anyone based on their sexual orientation and gender identity is wrong.
We believe human rights should be available to everybody.

“As a policy, we will continue to press the government of Nigeria as well as other governments who have provided legislation that discriminate against the LGBT community.”
Thomas-Greenfiled, who did not agree that pressuring Nigeria to reverse the anti-gay law amounted to interference, said the country and Uganda had the hardest legislation on the gay community.
She said, “This is very much a work in progress, but I think you will agree with me that the law in Nigeria really went far in discriminating against this community but also people who associate with them.

“So we will continue to press the government, to press the legislature to change these laws and provide human rights for all Nigerian people regardless of their sexual orientation.”
She, however, did not disclose if the US would impose sanctions on the countries with anti-gay laws to achieve its objectives.
Thomas-Greenfield was optimistic that the U.S would win the fight to protect the LGBT community.
She said, “With what is happening in the US, you can determine how far we are willing to go. We strongly believe human rights for all people and we are particularly opposed to legislation that actually targets the gay community for discrimination.
So we are prepared to push this as a policy not just in Africa but across the world.”

http://codedgist.com/news/we-will-pressure-nigeria-to-reverse-the-anti-gay-law-usa/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by shalomm: 9:13am On Jul 13, 2015
oya mode do the needful
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by superleo1(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2015
Nice, we want our right.
He who has no SIN should cast the first stone.

If they like, let them not reverse it, because it hasn't stopped homosexualism in Nigeria. And doing my things inside bedroom. undecided
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by omokoladele(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2015
This is pure madness
Is it a must?
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by feldido(m): 9:21am On Jul 13, 2015
These guys must be high on Cheap Crack.

How do they intend doing it if not sanctions? We have better allies if they think we can't do without them after all they've stopped buying our oil, we still de survive. We go manage.

Nigerians know what they want.
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by whirlwind7(m): 9:22am On Jul 13, 2015
This United States Ass is not bothered that China has overtaken their country economically...only bothered that men in Nigeria are not legally permitted to drill each other in the shyte hole.

Talk about priorities grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by waternopassgari: 9:22am On Jul 13, 2015
U see why homosexual Caitlyn Obama wanted GEJ out. So he can come and teach our male son to reject women and only have sex with their fellow man.

Who said Obama is black, make thunder fire you. Obama is a product of a white who.re and mad ape.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by waternopassgari: 9:26am On Jul 13, 2015
America dont know the kind of people they are messing with. We will turn this country upside down before allowing homosexuality to become our way of life.

If this is why u supported Buhari so he can use force, becos u damn well know he has poor human rights record. We will show u that we are not scared of the OLD man, we once forced him out of power and will do it again if he tries any nonsense.

I rather live under American sanction/military action than homosexuality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by feldido(m): 9:32am On Jul 13, 2015
superleo1:
Nice, we want our right.
He who has no SIN should cast the first stone.

If they like, let them not reverse it, because it hasn't stopped homosexualism in Nigeria. And doing my things inside bedroom. undecided

Who's this? Try come out if u no go jail... Nonsense, so if ur father been marry his fellow man, u for exist?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by superleo1(m): 9:33am On Jul 13, 2015
feldido:

Who's this? Try come out if u no go jail... Nonsense, so if ur father been marry his fellow man, u for exist?
I rather not have existed than be born gay.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by feldido(m): 9:36am On Jul 13, 2015
superleo1:

I rather not have existed than be born gay.
U are a disgrace to humanity for saying this.

1 Like

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by GrandMufti: 9:36am On Jul 13, 2015
Instead of them to pass strict laws on gun control.... and yet they it freedom angry angry

1 Like

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by 4Kemzy(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2015
It's nw crystal clear why they explored all possible means to oust GEJ and implant their stooge 'Daura President"(D.D) to soft pedal their satanic and evil agendas in Nigeria. Obama! You are daring God's will and will not go unpunished. Thunder fire you and your ass fucking ilk... 'ODIOK ONO FI"

1 Like

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by 4Kemzy(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2015
It's nw crystal clear why they explored all possible means to oust GEJ and implant their stooge 'Daura President"(D.D) to soft pedal their satanic and evil agendas in Nigeria. Obama! You are daring God's will and will not go unpunished. Thunder fire you and your ass fuc.king ilk... 'ODIOK ONO FI"

1 Like

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by trailblaiza(m): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2015
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 13, 2015
If you like pressure the government to change it but you can never kill the Nigerian spirit that will make the average Nigerian to accept homosexuality as a lifestyle.

I despise homosexuality and I have no reservation for that

3 Likes

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by mrvitalis(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2015
If we force gay men whom I believe are born that way to live a life that we find normal... .. .. Then please how different are we from ISIS AND BOKO HARAM
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by superleo1(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2015
4Kemzy:
It's nw crystal clear why they explored all possible means to oust GEJ and implant their stooge 'Daura President"(D.D) to soft pedal their satanic and evil agendas in Nigeria. Obama! You are daring God's will and will not go unpunished. Thunder fire you and your ass fucking ilk... 'ODIOK ONO FI"
Your country legalised paedophilia, polygamy, prostitution etc

After God is done firing Nigeria, he can then move to America.

Hypocrites!
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by superleo1(m): 9:52am On Jul 13, 2015
Bluetooth2:

If you like pressure the government to change it but you can never kill the Nigerian spirit that will make the average Nigerian to accept homosexuality as a lifestyle.

I despise homosexuality and I have no reservation for that
Only poor, insecure, illiterate gay dude would give a damn about Bluetooth's opinion.

It's two ways bro, I despise heterosexuality and I have no reservation for that smiley
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by ruffhandu: 10:28am On Jul 13, 2015
But is it true that Okorocha built a gay club in Owerri the Imo state capital?
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by ksbusari(m): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2015
I'm happy, their dream cannt be actualized in d next four years as lng as Buhari remains our presido.
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2015
superleo1:

Only poor, insecure, illiterate gay dude would give a damn about Bluetooth's opinion.

It's two ways bro, I despise heterosexuality and I have no reservation for that smiley

Good for you for detesting a system your parents engaged in to bring you into this world. Your heterosexual father must be proud of you. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by Dannyset(m): 10:55am On Jul 13, 2015
Would rather prefer to see this in a video when she is saying it, than believe this crap.
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by superleo1(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Good for you for detesting a system your parents engaged in to bring you into this world. Your heterosexual father must be proud of you. cheesy
That's if my father was actually heterosexual.
He might be a bisexual or closeted gay. smiley
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by wisdomiskey(m): 10:59am On Jul 13, 2015
superleo1:

Hypocrites!

See this pained guy cheesy
Is your azzhole leaking from
over drilling?
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by 4Kemzy(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2015
superleo1:

Hypocrites!
What hypocritical about my comments. My friend religiously, morally and otherwise can you commensurate those vices you've highlighted with sodomy. If your parents were gay, would you be conceived? Now think about a world where everyone is gay, procreation will extinguished. Say no to Sodomy my friend and please your creator...
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by superleo1(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2015
4Kemzy:
What hypocritical about my comments. My friend religiously, morally and otherwise can you commensurate those vices you've highlighted with sodomy. If your parents were gay, would you be conceived? Now think about a world where everyone is gay, procreation will extinguished. Say no to Sodomy my friend and please your creator...
Religiously, they are all sin, don't twist anything.
There's no proof that my daddy isn't gay. He might be a bisexual or closeted gay that married a woman.
Sorry, I don't have a creator except my parents.
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by superleo1(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2015
wisdomiskey:

See this pained guy cheesy Is your azzhole leaking from over drilling?
Sorry, gays don't have a leaking azzhole. Maybe yours and brothers own leak due to excessive usage of diildo. smiley
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by wisdomiskey(m): 11:13am On Jul 13, 2015
superleo1:

Sorry, gays don't have a leaking azzhole.
Maybe yours and brothers own leak due to excessive usage of diildo. smiley

Iyama! abeg don't talk to me
with that same mouth you
use to suck sh1t out of a
fellow man's azzhole
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by superleo1(m): 11:20am On Jul 13, 2015
wisdomiskey:

Iyama! abeg don't talk to me
with that same mouth you
use to suck sh1t out of a
fellow man's azzhole
I don't suck asshole or do girls suck men ass? grin
If you suck ur girlfriend's ass or she does the same to you, it's not my fault. cheesy
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by wisdomiskey(m): 11:29am On Jul 13, 2015
superleo1:

I don't suck asshole or do girls suck men ass? grin
If you suck ur girlfriend's ass or she does the same to you, it's not my fault. cheesy

How does it feel to suffer
faecal incontinence
due to your perforated rectum?
Re: We Will Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Anti-gay Law – USA by superleo1(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2015
wisdomiskey:

How does it feel to suffer
faecal incontinence
due to your perforated rectum?
That's a hoax. Consult google or search for opinions of homosexuals.
Seems you are keen on investigating me. Do you want me to suck you off? grin Guys are better sucker than ladies. Practically and scientifically prooven. tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Jonathan Replies Obasanjo Vanguard / Breaking News :NDA Set To Destory Nigeria (shock The World) / Rotimi Amaechi's Father In-law Buried In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.