Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive (36682 Views)

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) / 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization / Fulani/fulbe Traditional Beliefs And Mythology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Missyetty(f): 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
If you eat fish eyes, you will become a dullard

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by rosy4u(f): 8:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
SweetWJ:
Hi rosy, hw ar u doin?
I'm fine dear... gud evening
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by misreal(m): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Introvert get thee behind me tongue tongue tongue
FTC Na God win grin cheesy grin

Back to topic the last point about hairstyle, some dumb people still believe it.

I dedicate this achievement (FTC) to my parents, my weyrey crew grin and to my gf who made me believe in myself again. She made me believe I could achieve anything in life if I set my mind on it.
To my fellow niralanders, don't let nobody tell you you can't. Just believe in yourself and your dream. YES YOU CAN
THANKS
the fear of introvert is the beginning of FTC...lol grin
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Aluta continua grin cheesy
misreal:
the fear of introvert is the beginning of FTC...lol grin
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by KingsleyCEO: 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
That PMB will make one naira equal one dollar and that non working Nigerians will be paid #5000 monthly. @PMB HOW YOU WAN TAKE DO AM?
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by hopilo4life(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
If Rain is falling and Sun is Shinning at the Same time,it means Elephant is giving birth
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by STEVENcrack(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
People still believe that APC is change.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by STEVENcrack(m): 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
People still believe that when you look at d mirror in d nyt that ur ancestors wud pay u a visit.

That if u use d same water u use to wash a dogs face for urs that you see spirits.

If you croSs the leg of a pregnant woman that the unborn child wud take ur resemblance.

That say na follow me follow me na so slave trade take start. (Lol)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Joshuadon: 9:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Childhood Delusion...cheesy

Drinking Fanta & Same time eating Mango leads to instant death ........chaicheesy this silly belief made me never enjoy such succulent combination.....cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by remigiusizunna(m): 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
If u jump over a small baby's head without jumping back ,the person will not grow again. Omo see dwarfism.
BuhahahahahahahahahahaIf u jump over a small baby's head without jumping back ,the person will not grow again. Omo see dwarfism.
Buhahahahahahahahahaha
If u jump over a small baby's head without jumping back ,the person will not grow again. Omo see dwarfism.
Buhahahahahahahahahaha
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by remigiusizunna(m): 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
[/color]If u jump over a small baby's head without jumping back ,the person will not grow again. Omo see dwarfism.
Buhahahahahahahahahaha[color=#770077]If u jump over a small baby's head without jumping back ,the person will not grow again. Omo see dwarfism.
Buhahahahahahahahahaha
Buhahahahahahahahahaha.....
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by charliejose: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
kennyman2000:
Dont drink coconut water or you'll be dumb.. if i should calculate the quantity of coconut water have drank all my life. it must have been up to 2 buckets and no traces of dumbness in me..
ehmmm biko, how sure are u? undecided undecided
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Naijacitizen(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Introvert get thee behind me tongue tongue tongue
FTC Na God win grin cheesy grin

Back to topic the last point about hairstyle, some dumb people still believe it.

I dedicate this achievement (FTC) to my parents, my weyrey crew grin and to my gf who made me believe in myself again. She made me believe I could achieve anything in life if I set my mind on it.
To my fellow niralanders, don't let nobody tell you you can't. Just believe in yourself and your dream. YES YOU CAN
THANKS

INTROVERT don loose FTC daily. Dia ris God oo
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Chykeschicago: 10:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
If I HEAR .....
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by jamesuba: 10:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
Back then sha !!!!
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Shubbylee(m): 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
IF YOU BEND (WITH YOUR HEAD BTW YOUR LEGS) IN THE MARKET....U'LL SEE SPIRITS AND GET A BIG KNOCK FROM THEM AND GO MAD!! I'VE NEVER TRIED IT B4 THO!! LOOOOL!!
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by SexySapphire(f): 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lekinz, the one about Ijebu people is kinda true. I know lots of people from Ijebu that are so very stingy. A typical example is one man in my church, he's stingy to the extent that people call him Arsene Wenger. He never jokes with a penny, even after service on sunday, for the man to help people with his car is a problem, he will just kick and start shouting "ko sepo" (there's no fuel) as if they will put a straw in his tank and drink his fuel. I've met lots of ijebus that didn't prove that saying wrong tho I've met some really nice ones but it's a case of 2/10.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by IBBG(m): 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
tbagjames:
11 . Voting PMB will bring about change
Hehehehehehe.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by SexySapphire(f): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
stephenqueen:
[size=10pt]

Chai I no fit forget the first day I drank coconut water.Me wey no sabi book before, I just dey score zero the week I drank it embarassed embarassed. Ma grandma begin dey wonder say why I dey score zero, pikin wey dey score 2/10 before dey score zero. Na hin I confess to ma grandma that I drank out of the water of the coconut she brought from farm, cum see as ma grandma shout haaaaaa iwo omo buruku yi o le mowe mo( you no fit sabi book again) angry angry. But thank God say the following week, na 8/10 I dey score
This cracked me up big time. Still can't stop laughing especially this part "pikin wey dey score 2/10 before dey score zero" lmao. So hilarious
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by oladeledave: 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
Change Your Dieting And Weight Loss Mentality

This is a notion everybody should be clear about, dieting does not come by starving. I have heard about people who literally starve

themselves all in the name of wanting to shed some heavy weight

Read More HERE
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by SELENAqueensy(f): 11:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
naijaboiy:
1)if a boy touches a girl she'll get pregnant.

2) Don't look at a mirror in the night else you will see a ghost.

3) if anybody calls your name in the middle of the night don't answer,,else you'll lose your voice.

The last two scared the shìt out of me back then. crylipsrsealed

Still scared of the last two
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by chrisgush: 11:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
there's nothing you put on nairaland that people will not comment. even the dumbest post will still attract comments.
anyway i always visit nairaland cos of the comments sha
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by chrisgush: 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
Chai I no fit forget the first day I drank coconut water.Me wey no sabi book before, I just dey score zero the week I drank it embarassed embarassed. Ma grandma begin dey wonder say why I dey score zero, pikin wey dey score 2/10 before dey score zero. Na hin I confess to ma grandma that I drank out of the water of the coconut she brought from farm, cum see as ma grandma shout haaaaaa iwo omo buruku yi o le mowe mo( you no fit sabi book again) angry angry. But thank God say the following week, na 8/10 I dey score
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by chrisgush: 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2015

Guy no be lie ooooo, ijebu people dey stingy die (apologies to ijebu people for NL, kingtom inclusive grin grin)
If your papa be ijebu man you , if u ask him to buy laptop for u na calculator hin go buy.If hin wife ask for money for food stuff, hin go say make hin wife bring the list say hin go get am for market himself.Inshort dem be akagun!!!! wink.Na why kingtom never marry and the mumu don get money.ijebu people I hail
No be lie ooooo, abòki people sabi shine shoe ah swear and their money no dey cost. grin grin( apologies to abòkis in the house) wink

very fuuny comments
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by stephenqueen: 12:12am On Jul 15, 2015
SexySapphire:

This cracked me up big time. Still can't stop laughing especially this part "pikin wey dey score 2/10 before dey score zero" lmao. So hilarious
cheesy grin grin
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by stephenqueen: 12:15am On Jul 15, 2015
Bofemsky:
Guy, you get liver dey yab Ijebus! But I no go vex plenty as you don hail!
Na yoke I dey yoke oooo, abeg no vex wink grin
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by stephenqueen: 12:20am On Jul 15, 2015
chrisgush:

very fuuny comments
Thanks
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by NobleG1(m): 3:27am On Jul 15, 2015
It shows there is high illiteracy in Nigeria.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by leederrty1997: 4:05am On Jul 15, 2015
*What about if you have a tatoo drawn on your body, you are definately a cultist.
*Beating males with a broom makes their thing disappear.
For Nigerian histories, culture and traditions, legends, places and lifestyle in the 70s: visit www.oldnaija. and thank me later.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by AlphaDibia(m): 5:29am On Jul 15, 2015
Rule One:

Never get caught up in appearances
Never take anything at face value.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Aipete2(f): 5:42am On Jul 15, 2015
lol
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by kenoz(m): 6:30am On Jul 15, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Owns The Child Born Out Of Wedlock (unmarried Relationship) / Is English Our Native Language In Nigeria / Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.