Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). (44329 Views)

A Trip To Gberefun Village, Badagry, Lagos (Video, Photos) / A Trip To Porto-novo's Historical Sites (pics) / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by michealade(m): 11:19am On Jul 15, 2015
Donmichaelz:
one of nairaland best topics,,educative,inspiring and emotional not Tonto dikehing,maheedaing,who wore it better,,itsz even better Dan all Nigeria films,
all nigerian films joined tugeda no reach titanic at all...
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by adebayour26: 11:36am On Jul 15, 2015
I remember a part in d movie, when d ship shoupd av taken 3 days to get to its destination, the CAPTAIN said they should give the newspaper something new & Unique to write about, so they increase the speed so they can arrive at the destination earlier than expected by everyone.

It's such a pity. I LOVE TITANIC, but I feel sorry for how everything ended.
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2015
Sile12 be blessed in your research efforts...thanks
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2015
ollah1:

you are right but seun cares more about traffic and the fact is people careless about informative and educative threads. This thread has only 5 pages since yesterday, imagine if it was any of those normal day to day threads, it would have surpassed that number.

They're not making comments maybe because there's nothing to comment about on the threads. People prefer making comments on romance and celebrity threads. If there's a topic that says " I caught my husband sleeping with my mother or friend, what do I do?" then you see lots of comments, the story can even be a fabricated one. But you see people insulting and deceiving themselves.
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by 234GT(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
God bless the OP!
God bless the soul of that dog. The average dogs like 'tanimola' would not have given a bleep!
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sile12:

They're not making comments maybe because there's nothing to comment about on the threads. People prefer making comments on romance and celebrity threads. If there's a topic that says " I caught my husband sleeping with my mother or friend, what do I do?" then you see lots of comments, the story can even be a fabricated one. But you see people insulting and deceiving themselves.

That's exactly the point, they read through and ignore or won't even open at all. U rightly said it
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by nezer83: 12:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nice job OP!. this thread is educative.
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by ExInferis(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
mcchaka:
Bro where is the real Jack?

there were no jack or rose. both were made up to fictionalize the drama of the sinking.

at OP, the previous photo captioned "Titanic at the bottom of the ocean" is not the real titanic, that's a model.
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by ExInferis(m): 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sile12:

this picture is of the Deep Sea Challenger submersible when Cameron went to the deepest part of the ocean.
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Aproxy: 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sile12:
A colourised photo of the ship under construction before 1912.
Have not been this captivated by a single post on NL.... None ever.... Kudos
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by kritikali(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
lomprico:
See as everybody sidon camly for this thread, no fighting, no insults. Thats nice smiley seun pls give d op an award.

Except for one i.diot who brought up radio biafra..wel let the e-peace reign...
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by 1miccza: 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
mistytohcute:
is jack on that list?
what about rose
She's still swimming
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Georgematics(m): 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
fashrola:

That's the captain's duty to ascertain all crews and passengers onboard his ship are safe and accountable during fire accident, Abandon ship.... ship wreckage

That's why captains are brave and not coward
I heard the jazz players on the ship refuse to abort the ship but kept playing the music till the whole ship sank [not base on d movie but in real life]
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by kritikali(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
neoapocalypse:

If it had been an all black band it would have been totally different , a black would save his skin first , " Gimme that violin , I bet that shiite can float".

U cracked my bigoted ass up mahn...can't stop lafiin grin cheesy grin
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by computerwiz: 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
THUMPS UP BRO. AM RAY ANY NICE, SMART AND DOWN TO EARTH LADY NEEDS A TRUE ADAM THEM DIAL OR TEXT 08141559717.
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
Imagine if all these oyinbo people had not died at that time, how many black people would have died slaving for them...indeed God works in mysterious ways
that doesn't even make sense undecided
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by famzynet: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nice compilation. Kudos to the op.
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
kritikali:

U cracked my bigoted ass up mahn...can't stop lafiin grin cheesy grin
A pleasure mate
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Successful01(m): 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
This thread is captivating. My first time going through a thread. Good job OP.
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by fashrola(m): 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
Georgematics:

I heard the jazz players on the ship refuse to abort the ship but kept playing the music till the whole ship sank [not base on d movie but in real life]

Well I dunno why that happened sha... but in the real scenario it doesn't makes sense, in a cruise liner... They are just passengers (They can't be called crew) I think the officers on duty didn't carried out their duty properly by evacuating everyone on the ship, cos once the 'abandon ship' alarm is signalled by the Master, then every crew and passenger must run to their Life raft station for further instructions.. maybe that part was made up to make the movie more emotional and interesting, cos no sane person will keep playing their instruments when there's an emergency which may result in death...
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by vivavik(f): 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
Info is power. Nice piece, never been touched by a story like this one. More grease sile12
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by cococandy(f): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
I love this thread
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Calbarian(m): 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sile12:

**smiles**

Adupe grin

Please, try to not be discouraged by such comments. Even just a tad bit.

To everyone, his/her opinions but the good you're doing, regardless of the resources required, must go on.

With regard

2 Likes

Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Calbarian(m): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sile12:

booquee, Social Studies B.Ed.

Which school?
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Georgematics(m): 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
fashrola:

Well I dunno why that happened sha... but in the real scenario it doesn't makes sense, in a cruise liner... They are just passengers (They can't be called crew) I think the officers on duty didn't carried out their duty properly by evacuating everyone on the ship, cos once the 'abandon ship' alarm is signalled by the Master, then every crew and passenger must run to their Life raft station for further instructions.. maybe that part was made up to make the movie more emotional and interesting, cos no sane person will keep playing their instruments when there's an emergency which may result in death...

You may google this if you want; The ochestra musicians in the titanic [real life, not movie] kept playing thier music to calm people down as long as possible. there were 8 in numbers. they refused to get into the live boats but kept playing till the ship sank and they all died. there are still remembered as heros till today.

2 Likes

Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by bukatyne(f): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
This thread gave me the bumps sad

Wonderful thread @OP
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by imran90(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
ikwoche:
This is the first time I will be reading every page in a post. Nice one. God bless you
it has neva happen to me before, reading since without getting bored.

1 Like

Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by BabaNath(m): 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
The day I watched this movie, I wept for love, friendship and loyalty. I learnt from the story

2 Likes

Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
vivavik:
Info is power. Nice piece, never been touched by a story like this one. More grease sile12

Thanks 6.
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by asumo12: 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2015

Millvina Dean (1912-2009, staring through an original Titanic porthole) was only a few months old when she boarded the Titanic with her family. She was the youngest survivor of the wreck (photographed in 1994).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Watersmith(m): 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sile12:
20. Sailor David Blair forgot to leave a key as the Titanic set off on its maiden voyage. His shipmates were unable to open a locker containing the binoculars that were to lookout. Lookout Fred Fleet, who survived the disaster later told an official inquiry that if they had binoculars,
they would have seen the iceberg sooner.

...the true titanic killer
Re: A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
Calbarian:

Probably for the same reason why a Prof. can't seem to get his tenses right.
loooooooooooool... Guy, u Don collect my phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me / Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Ekesons First Class Cabin In Road Buses Makes History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.