Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike (19493 Views)

Photos: Couple Welcome Quadruplets After Seven Years Of Childless Marriage / Sex Workers Hold Candlelight Procession For Slain Colleagues In Abeokuta / Osun Workers Reject Half Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by ziccoit: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2015
phantonce:
The truth of the matter is that osun state needs to go on a sacking spree.

It is glaring clear that the state cannot meet its financial needs again and to think the state has the largest civil service force after Lagos is baffling.

The Era of tiwatiwani govt is over as it glaring shows this people are only after there pocket which they don't really work for.

Money will be saved and enough will be available for infrastructural development.

An Era whereby 7bn is generated monthly and 5bn is used to pay salary not to talk of its current fall to less than 3bn is a joke.

When the intervention fund dries up, I wonder what will happen?

And to think the government was even planning to create more government

#heremeout
I am just trying to make sense

Sacking spree or what are you talking about? Ok, before that, hear these;

1. Osun state is the only state in SW operating blanket free health service fo all. Ondo, as rich as its restricts it to underaged, pregnant women and elderly.

2. Osun state is the only state giving free food to school children till now.

3. Osun state is the only state that employed about 20k youths doing nothing and being paid 10k per month.

4. Osun state is the only state with a lot of useless branding programmes like Agba-Osun, O-beef, O-fish etc which has gulped billion of Naira without return in term of profit to the government.

5. Do you know that in a LG in the state the salary and allowances of 20 political office holders is higher than the entire working force of the LG?

See, I can go on and on and on.

Let him redress all those anomalies and if things fail to improve then we can go the way of your suggestion which should be a last resort because you need to know we are talking about people welfare here.
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by henrysam(m): 8:31am On Jul 15, 2015
When a house is built with spittle the dew will definitely come and crash it. The is the case with Aregbe. My brother who works in Osun just told me now that half salary of January was paid to him yesterday from 8 months been owed.
How do we reconcile this and they have gone to the press shouting salaries had been paid.
Our leaders should be examined henceforth in psychiatric hospital before they are presented for election.
What baffles me is that some idiots are still hailing Aregbe in Osun for punishing their people.
Just like it was rightly said, it's either his juu is catching them or they remain to be a fool.
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by fisaylab: 8:35am On Jul 15, 2015
Aygem:
Resumed strike after seven months strike?
Am I the only one seeing this?

YES, you are the only one seeing rubbish,seeing they dont,reading they dont,you can complete my song.
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by ajepako(f): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2015
Aygem:

I read seven weeks, not month
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Princephelar(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Kindly download "THE INTERVIEW" my audio comic skit. Link on my signature. Tnx for d love y'all
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by ajepako(f): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2015
ziccoit:
I have problem with my governor's (yes, Aregbesola is my person & APC my beloved party) style of leadership. My guy tells lies like there is no tomorrow. Imagine entered into agreement you quite knew right from the word go you would never abide by or impossible to follow. Why must he lie? Doesn't he know anything build on foundation of lies can never succeed and if it does would never last.

The guy needs some rocking to redirect his whacked thinking process.

Thumbs up for your honest and unbiased stance on issues..
Respect..
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by ajepako(f): 8:44am On Jul 15, 2015
omogin:
I have said they should merge osun with a working state like ekiti for instance. Fayose should be able to fix the APC rot there, lol...

guy! you head dey there! ori e wa nibe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2015
ziccoit:

1. Osun state is the only state in SW operating blanket free health service fo all. Ondo, as rich as its restricts it to underaged, pregnant women and elderly.

3. Osun state is the only state that employed about 20k youths doing nothing and being paid 10k per month.

4. Osun state is the only state with a lot of useless branding programmes like Agba-Osun, O-beef, O-fish etc which has gulped billion of Naira without return in term of profit to the government.

5. Do you know that in a LG in the state the salary and allowances of 20 political office holders is higher than the entire working force of the LG?

Let him redress all those anomalies and if things fail to improve then we can go the way of your suggestion which should be a last resort because you need to know we are talking about people welfare here.

Many jobs will also be losed thus sacking is imperative
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 15, 2015
dangerous01:
. Wait what did you even know about the society you are talking about sacking spree as if the workers are animal .are you a human being how do you expect sacked workers to feed and maintain their fammily a lot of them have childrens in higher institution with their meager salaries they cnt even maintain their fammilies probaly u wan to say that d government wiil pay them off is the government that has nt pay retiree 4 eleven months that wiil now pay freshly sacked workers gratituty or u want 2 tell them 2 go and farm tell me which farm produce can mature in one month.#aregbese be wise

So he should not sack them and keep owing them.
Bravo Bros.
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by hollarwaley: 9:20am On Jul 15, 2015
rozayx5:
udom is working wike is working APC states are fighting and striking and bombing

keep it up

how many APC states re fighting nd who even told u there are fightings in those APC states... lover of negativity
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by kenoz(m): 9:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Okay
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by cfame1(m): 10:34am On Jul 15, 2015
Aregbe only paid 50% of January salary
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by sunshine1974(m): 11:24am On Jul 15, 2015
I had thought the FG placed a ban on the sale of kai kai.
Aygem:
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by funstufz: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
ziccoit:

I thing I will support you on the above statements esp. No. 5 even though it might not be the whole truth but there is an iota of truth in it, these people live large on the innocent people they promised to alleviate their poverty, What I am yet to understand is WHY?

From the recent happenings now in Osun State, it looks like the workers will go back on the same strike they suspended?

Why?

All the jingles about payment was a ruse to lure the workers back to work.

One can imagine a situation where PENSIONERS were paid ONLY HALF SALARY for NOVEMBER, and these people are telling the whole world that they are paying workers.
Haba

Pensioners (most of them rely solely on this stipends to survive and buy drugs for their upkeep) suffer in the hand 'Aregbe' and his people who have decided not to listen to their plight.......... I wonder what they have in mind doing these to the workers, Pensioners especially.

NB,

Before you refute any of the above claims, please go down to Osun State and see, hear and feel things for yourself.

Quotes are meant for matured minds only.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are North Sudanese People Black / A Mathematical Approach To Making It In Life / Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.