Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] (55668 Views)

45-Year-Old Man Defiles A 10-Year-Old Girl, Says "She Always Tempted Him (Photo) / Married Woman I Gave Lift In Enugu Yesterday Stole My Tablet From My Car / Jealous Husband Baths Wife With With Acid For Leaving Him (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Bants(m): 10:14am On Jul 15, 2015
I dont blame her when u are forced to marry someone u dont like is hard to even enjoy their company let alone sex but killing is something i dont condone she should ve gone to court to resolve the marriage shame though 17 yrs old she hasnt experienced life at all
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by shalomm: 10:14am On Jul 15, 2015
she no even fine sef.................... but, why will her father forced her to marry someone she doesn't love.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Ayameze2015(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2015
freecocoa:
She shouldn't have killed him.

Parents should stop forcing their kids into marriages, it almost never ends well, now a life is lost and the young girl's ruined.
will you marry me even though you are my elder?

1 Like

Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by betty202020(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2015
ishowdotgmail:
Seventeen-year-old Beninoise woman, Abiodun Ojo, who killed her husband, Jimoh, in the Makoko area of Yaba, Lagos State, has said she poisoned her husband because she hated him.

Abiodun, during an interview with PUNCH Metro, blamed her father for forcing her to marry Jimoh, who she said never took care of her.

She said she had run away from the deceased three times, and was sent back by her father, who she described as the architect of her problem.

PUNCH Metro had reported that Abiodun had been handed over to Jimoh as wife by her father to stop her from marrying her boyfriend.

She was said to have given birth to a baby girl, Hannah, and was living with the victim in their home on Apolo Street, Makoko.

However, she was said to have met her former boyfriend’s elder brother, Wensu, who allegedly gave her the poison to put in Jimoh’s drink so she could marry his younger brother.

Our correspondent reported that Jimoh, a carpenter, who was retarded, had returned home from work on June 19, 2015 when his wife poured the poison into his soft drink and forced him to drink it.

The deceased was said to have collapsed and died despite spirited efforts by residents to resuscitate him.

Abiodun, who initially denied involvement in the crime, later confessed to community leaders, saying she was given the poison by her former boyfriend’s elder brother, Wensu.

The two suspects were said to have been arrested by policemen from the Adekunle Police Division and were subsequently transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation.

Abiodun said she never knew the poison would kill Jimoh.

She said, “I was born in Lagos, though I am from Cotonou, Benin Republic. My father married two wives and he had nine children. My mother had six children for him and I am number four. I did not go to school because my father did not allow me.

“I had a boyfriend, Papa, whom I dated for two years. I wanted to marry him, but my father refused because my elder sister was married to Papa’s brother.

“I was at home one day when my father brought some people and said I should look at all of them and say if I liked them, and I said yes. He then asked me to go. It was the next day that they took me to Jimoh.”

She said she was taken to a community in Ogun State, where the victim usually came to make love with her until she became pregnant.

She said when she returned to Lagos, she was not well treated by the deceased and she complained to her family members, who asked her to endure the hardship.

“On three different occasions, I ran away from home. But whenever I got home, my father would ask me to go back, saying marriage was always full of challenges.

“On the fateful day, I went to the market to buy fish for my sister-in-law when I saw Wensu on the road. He gave me the poison and said I should put it in my husband’s drink. I put it in his drink and he took it himself,” she added.

She said she regretted marrying the deceased because she never loved him.

It was learnt that the boyfriend, Papa, had travelled back to the Benin Republic.

His elder brother, Wensu, a herbalist, denied giving Abiodun the poison, saying she framed him up.

He said, “I am a herbalist by profession and I was taught the job by my grandfather in the Benin Republic when I was a child. I met her sister in the community and we married legally. She had three kids for me.

“But when I married another woman, she divorced me and married somebody else. I did not give her any poison and I have never met her husband, Jimoh, in my entire life. She is lying.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, said the suspects would soon be charged to court.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/i-poisoned-my-husband-because-i-hated-him-─-beninoise-woman/

Cc:Lalasticlala
this is bad
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Ayameze2015(m): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2015
sonofananimal1:
NAIJA WOMEN angry

JUST FEAR ALL OF THEM.

YOU GO JUST DEY SLEEP PEACEFULLY ONE DAY, PERSON GO JUST CARRY KNIFE DEY CHOKE YOU angry
aboki! Na beninoise no b 9ja laday oo, abeg me and freecocoa don tangle
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Deckynyansha(f): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2015
dis kind thing Self...mtchwww. RIP 2 d dead
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by ahamonyeka(m): 10:20am On Jul 15, 2015
Wensu and abiodun what did you people gain in taking the life of jimoh?since you do not love him you should have refused completely at the initial time than allowing him make love to you.

Secondly,why would your father force you to marry somebody whom you don't like well,your father is the architect of the whole thing.

You and wensu should be cooling off behind the bars.nonsense human beings from benin rep.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by damiloladuke: 10:23am On Jul 15, 2015
the evil that men do will always live after them surely...if men were God

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ MY HILARIOUS FUNNY PERSONAL DIARY
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by seanjy4konji: 10:24am On Jul 15, 2015
end time ladies...

be careful brothers.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by emmatok(m): 10:24am On Jul 15, 2015
AreaFada2:

An underage girl forced to marry a guy she doesn't love.

In developed countries, only few years in a juvenile correctional facility. The ex-in-law (herbalist) should spend longer in jail if indeed he gave her the poison & instructed/instigated her to use it.

The father carries the most blame. 9 or 10 kids (depending on your maths) and two wives, without ability to even educate them.

Sadly, the father has no legal culpability in the murder. He too would deserve some jail time for his recklessness in my opinion.

In some develop countries she will be tried as an adult.
Some Kids are sentenced for murder in US.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 15, 2015
Ayameze2015:
aboki! Na beninoise no b 9ja laday oo, abeg me and freecocoa don tangle
OK.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by columbus007(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2015
This is the reason why I'am always very careful of short women grin
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by emmatok(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2015
That's why men should be careful with women attached to their Ex boyfriends.

Don't marry such women under any condition.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by 9jatatafo(m): 10:28am On Jul 15, 2015
17 years is an under age while call her a woman? She is a teenage mother. Though she looks older with her physique and looks. Kpai your bleeper? Na wa oo
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by AreaFada2: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2015
emmatok:

In some develop countries she will be tried as an adult.
Some Kids are sentenced for murder in US.

US law nor be here o. grin cheesy
I hardly count US penal system as that of a developed country. Very brutal.

US law doesn't really consider the effect of social issues on criminality. After all, the laws are enacted and enforced by the privileged.

You make guns yakpa everywhere like candies, and then you're surprised that unhinged youths shoot people. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Intendy: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2015
Orisirisi we go dey hear
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by ogogoromasta: 10:41am On Jul 15, 2015
Ayameze2015:
will you marry me even though you are my elder?

Hahahahahahahahahaha grin
Freecocoa go hear am
todai
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by peeta89(m): 10:46am On Jul 15, 2015
This lady is above 17years of age. Is she thinking when she try to reduce her age she will not be sent to prison Kus she is not up to 18yrs? Jonzing she will spend the rest of her life in prison.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by emmatok(m): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2015
AreaFada2:

US law nor be here o. grin cheesy
I hardly count US penal system as that of a developed country. Very brutal.

US law doesn't really consider the effect of social issues on criminality. After all, the laws are enacted and enforced by the privileged.

You make guns yakpa everywhere like candies, and then you're surprised that unhinged youths shoot people. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Well US is a developed country.
The woman and her boyfriend got no excuse here.
If you fight for the woman, what about the men that gave her the poison.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by peeta89(m): 10:50am On Jul 15, 2015
Good morning friends. I received this from a reliable friend so I decided to share with with those who are qualified. Good luck.

Pls if u live in Lagos or you know anyone also lives in Lagos below 25 years of age with a 2.2 kindly forward d person's cv. Contact centre( access bank is recruiting). - Pay is 100k. Oluwatomilayo.bewaji@accessbankplc.com. You might be called tomorrow
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Cammo: 10:53am On Jul 15, 2015
AreaFada2:

An underage girl forced to marry a guy she doesn't love.

In developed countries, only few years in a juvenile correctional facility. The ex-in-law (herbalist) should spend longer in jail if indeed he gave her the poison & instructed/instigated her to use it.

The father carries the most blame. 9 or 10 kids (depending on your maths) and two wives, without ability to even educate them.

Sadly, the father has no legal culpability in the murder. He too would deserve some jail time for his recklessness in my opinion.
First of all, I refuse to accept that she's 17 years old, in which case she would have been married to the deceased at the age of 16 (because she actually bore him a child) right? That's not true, so let's kick out the 'juvenile' clause. Secondly, how are you sure the ex-inlaw (herbalist) gave her the poison? Who's her witness? You see, it's just her own words against him. She's obviously looking for people to share her punishment with. And if truly he gave her, is her admittance to hating the husband not enough reason to make her request for poison? There's no moral justification for her act and she alone should be punished for her crime
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by lolly2pops: 10:56am On Jul 15, 2015
Haaai! Nigeria and its backwardness!
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by nerdsdesk: 10:56am On Jul 15, 2015
i dont know if it was right thing to do but i am sorry for your condition.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by AreaFada2: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2015
emmatok:

Well US is a developed country.
The woman and her boyfriend got no excuse here.
If you fight for the woman, what about the men that gave her the poison.

Lol. Not boyfriend by ex-husband of her own sister, but happens to be brother of the guy she always wanted to marry.

She's 17. Perhaps already married before even 16. Should a guy me marrying an under-age girl?

I feel sorry for the dead guy but the blame goes round.

Marry a lady who doesn't love you & you're toying with death.

If she was older and actually planned it, she could have had him shot by assassins. You know how many murders are never resolved. Even that of an attorney-general & minister of justice.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by olajumoke12: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2015
this is serious
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by olawoyintolani: 11:28am On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by horlarwaley92(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2015
Na WA ooo, and why she marry the man when she know say she hate am
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2015
Annstar:
so who are we to blame

We will blame the people that forced her to marry the half imbercile. If this is the same story I had followed earlier then. Why would you force or deceive a girl to marry that kind of person against her wish?
Most parents are guilty of this, even the so called elite usually force or manipulate their daughters to marry people against their wish just to Selfishly maintain their 'useless' social status at the expense of their daugher's future or destiny.

Blame the people that manipulated her to marry that man

and not

the

DEVIL ;>;>;>
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 15, 2015
blazer90707:
Wetin we no go hear for naija
Lord plss bless me with a lady that will have another mind set out side ladies mind,..I know God always in side of a Quite people like me
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by MarieSucre(f): 11:56am On Jul 15, 2015
She took his life! Does she even know what she's done. He had just that one life and she took it. She is heartless. Nigeria is a large country, she could run anywhere in the opposite direction away from her father and husband. I want to sympathize with her, I really do but what she did is just unforgivable seeing as he is dead. Jail awaits you Mrs.
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 15, 2015
YuhDarlinHubby:

freecocoa yuh dont even hav
a huzzzband to poison
even if yuh wanted to
my d*** is still on offfaa doe wink
says who?
for ur information i am freecoca's husband and she will never poison me cool cool
Re: Woman: I Poisoned My Husband Because I Hated Him [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Did you read the story?

Yes I did.

Papa forced her to marry a man she didn't love. She kept running but papa kept taking her back. Till she conspired and had hubby poisoned. I did read it. Just felt like going off course.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brave African Man Wrestles Knife-Wielding Man In London Bus(video) / Woman Gang-Raped And Robbed Of N30,000 In Edo & Killed (Photo) / Botswanan Rape Victim Refuses To Testify Against Culprit. Says He Satisfied Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.