Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. (86080 Views)

Free Range Snail Farm Construction System.(videos) / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by yemmit90: 11:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
@op, will you allow those plantain to grow a little bit before you stock? The place might be too open for the snails to survive or do well?

secondly, i dont know if you have been doing it somewhere before? If not, i would have advise you to start small and grow big.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by delpee(f): 11:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
Please beware of ants. Find out how to deal effectively with that.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Infamous(m): 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
Afrocatalyst, I'm really proud of you and what you are doing. More power to your elbow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by LADEMINUS: 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
@OP pls send bill of quotation for a plot of land at ibadan to fatimaicare@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by esere826: 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
I think the snails will escape
If you dont want them to escape and you want to reduce ant issues
then build a water fence around the staked area
you do this by digging the perimeter at a horizontal water level and then using a mixture of trampoline and cement to seal it
you then run water through your perimeter fence

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by BOUNTYDOG(m): 12:24am On Aug 08, 2015
rattlesnake:
poverty undecided undecided undecided

Makes Dangote work
Or makes one go to school to study
Or do u mean fear of

2 Likes

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 1:27am On Aug 08, 2015
delpee:
Please beware of ants. Find out how to deal effectively with that.

That's taken care of. Google Australian free range farming system and download it. That'd what we are following to the last detail.

1 Like

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by corperscorner: 1:54am On Aug 08, 2015
[size=15pt]na the kyn thieves wey dey my area no go make me do this kyn project unless I relocate.

I once kept a broiler chicken in an iron cage, chained to the ground and woke up one day to realise the cage and it's content had been vapourized overnight.

the way the area boys for my Syd go take strategize ehn. Dem go give person tym make hin breed the snails wella till maturity bfur dey launch their strike.....

awon eruku[/size]

19 Likes

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by aiyeboy(m): 2:45am On Aug 08, 2015
corperscorner:
[size=15pt]na the kyn thieves wey dey my area no go make me do this kyn project unless I relocate.

I once kept a broiler chicken in an iron cage, chained to the ground and woke up one day to realise the cage and it's content had been vapourized overnight.

the way the area boys for my Syd go take strategize ehn. Dem go give person tym make hin breed the snails wella till maturity bfur dey launch their strike.....

awon eruku[/size]

Baba you sure say no be the same area we dey so?
I still dey find my goats

16 Likes

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by mikolo80: 3:50am On Aug 08, 2015
what of soldier ants coming from below

1 Like

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by mikolo80: 3:51am On Aug 08, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
I will be showing you samples of the free range snail farming style in Lagos Nigeria. Bear in mind that this style can be replicated in any part of Africa, Europe,America,Australia or Asia.

This style boasts of increased productivity, freshness of snails and fast growth of snails(reach tablesize by 6 months).

The beauty of it is that no matter how small your land is, as long as there is soil on the ground, you can practise this. And if you have a space as much as 20 acres,we can set it up for you.

I decided to post it in the investment section because it could be a little bit capital intensive in the set up stage, but once set up, it becomes a function of plug and play.
One thing is certain though, your investment will be worth it 6months from farm set up.

Collins

Preparation.
what of underground soldier ants
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 4:34am On Aug 08, 2015
mikolo80:
what of underground soldier ants

We treat the soil before the snails arrive. With cypermethrin(alpha action) + deltamethrin. That takes care of it while the galvanised sheets used in making the perimeter fencing protects the entire field against burrowing animals like lizards,snakes,rabbits and rodents.

4 Likes

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by mikolo80: 5:08am On Aug 08, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

We treat the soil before the snails arrive. With cypermethrin(alpha action) + deltamethrin. That takes care of it while the galvanised sheets used in making the perimeter fencing protects the entire field against burrowing animals like lizards,snakes,rabbits and rodents.
thumbs up.but how long does it last. I was thinking of chicken wire plus net
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by fairygeh(f): 6:22am On Aug 08, 2015
corperscorner:

awon eruku[/size]
lwkmd

2 Likes

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by lucompton: 7:18am On Aug 08, 2015
@ Afrocatalyst did you say dey plant their food in same garden
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2015
lucompton:
@ Afrocatalyst did you say dey plant their food in same garden

Yes pls
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by mima247(f): 7:59am On Aug 08, 2015
Nice work poster but couldn't you hv done ur pest elimination some other way?you have to remember dat if ur snails are for consumption or export then pesticide levels must b very low or u could hv just used the pesticides on the borders u dug around d farm perimeter only.also hv u thot of planting moringa for nutrient dense snails.thank me later with some harvest grin
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by ladys1(f): 8:09am On Aug 08, 2015
@Op pls I will need your expertise and experience . I ve acquire a land for snail and fish farming if possible ram too. I jus need someone to guide me if your fee wouldn't be too much. I stay in abuja.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by JstLeslie(m): 8:23am On Aug 08, 2015
[quote author=Afrocatalyst post=36650786]

Sent! I also need the cost implication, I've acquired an acre of land for different purposes, I want to use a plot for Heliculture. This is my email emenaloleslie@yahoo.com. Please do send me the cost implication as I also look forward to working with you
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by stonecoldcafe: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2015
corperscorner:

awon eruku[/size]

Just tie common red cloth, stick chicken feather, buy calabash join, put normal white chalk and charcoal for inside the calabash and fear nor go gree dem next time.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by otiigba1(m): 8:47am On Aug 08, 2015
@op what bout security? Are there no snail thieves in your area? Just an observation, plus i hear nigerians will thief anything even SNAIL grin
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by otiigba1(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Just tie common red cloth, stick chicken feather, buy calabash join, put normal white chalk and charcoal for inside the calabash and fear nor go gree dem next time.
i suspect this idea must be for security, grin grin chai! Some nigerians and gullibility, what if the thief just smash the calabash and discard the red cloth,stick and chicken feathers?
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by peedeeasobie(m): 8:56am On Aug 08, 2015
rattlesnake:
what is SNLD undecided undecided

you are child.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by BELEXYFARMS(m): 8:58am On Aug 08, 2015
Afrocatalyst, nice one sir. Maybe you should direct all the visitors from ur other topic to this one. I was momentarily confused when i saw a similar topic and same author but the comments by posters different.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Courageous007(m): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2015
How I wish Nigeria is an environment that encourages young people with good innovation and lucrative ideology! Empowerment of the youth by our government to venture into this farming system, will really go along way.SMH!
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by fortunechy(m): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2015
am stiil lukin to seeany snail.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by stonecoldcafe: 9:47am On Aug 08, 2015
otiigba1:
i suspect this idea must be for security, grin grin chai! Some nigerians and gullibility, what if the thief just smash the calabash and discard the red cloth,stick and chicken feathers?

Are u not a Nigerian? You nor know as people fear juju?
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by otiigba1(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Are u not a Nigerian? You nor know as people fear juju?
yes o! Them fear juju well! well! grin grin

1 Like

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2015
How much dos the construction cost,if you do it and the snail breed?thanksis snail farming technology. It is what anybody can do. You construct your snail farm yourself and get your breeder stock from me if you so wish.

If you also want me to supervise the construction,then you pay me for my time and consultancy.

Anybody can do it. And please have no worries about marketing your snails. That should be the least of your problems. I can vouch for that.

If for any reason you want me to handle the construction and acquiring of your materials,then you must give me my freedom to do so both financially and time wise.

Posting them soon.

Meanwhile,below are some of our other farms.[/quote]
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 08, 2015
Pls how much is it to learn fish farming,snail farming and graasscutter farming?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tilapia And Cat Fish Coming Out Of The Ground In Delta After The Rain (Photos) / Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... / Strange Bird Killed By Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.