Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,502 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. (86078 Views)

Free Range Snail Farm Construction System.(videos) / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 4:08am On Sep 05, 2015
dennismukoro:
will the chemical not affect the snail. also how many snail will it contain

No it won't. It should be done outside the perimeter itself. How many will what contain?

Shelter.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Glaxx(m): 4:16am On Sep 10, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

No it won't. It should be done outside the perimeter itself. How many will what contain?

Shelter.

Please, what material did you use for the roof?
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 6:56am On Sep 10, 2015
Glaxx:

Please, what material did you use for the roof?

I didn't. The owner suggested that (which is OK).

That's the normal mosquito net you know.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Glaxx(m): 8:12am On Sep 10, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

I didn't. The owner suggested that (which is OK).
That's the normal mosquito net you know.
OK. But like how much is the net roofing in the picture worth?
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by dennismukoro(m): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2015
i mean how many snail will contain let say 50by 50
Afrocatalyst:

Shelter.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 10:15am On Sep 10, 2015
Glaxx:

OK. But like how much is the net roofing in the picture worth?

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by crossblane1(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
how long does it take a snail to start laying eggs
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
crossblane1:

Am watching you Afrocatalyst nice one!!! Be in touch with you soon!! Target 50,000 harvest.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
crossblane1:

Every snail becomes sexually active from 6months. They then mate with their kind. This can happen at the same sixth month,depending on how good the environment is. Some have the opportunity to mate later than others.

Mating can last up to 12hours. During this exercise,the two snails involved exchange semen and fertilize each other. (Hope you know each snail is a haemophrodite?).

After the whole exercise egglaying starts. And the good thing about them is that one mating can serve them for as long as 4years. They are very good sperm storers. They lay once every two months with the right environment. In snail farming,environment is everything.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Glaxx(m): 7:53am On Sep 13, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

Every snail becomes sexually active from 6months. They then mate with their kind. This can happen at the same sixth month,depending on how good the environment is. Some have the opportunity to mate later than others.

Mating can last up to 12hours. During this exercise,the two snails involved exchange semen and fertilize each other. (Hope you know each snail is a haemophrodite?).

After the whole exercise egglaying starts. And the good thing about them is that one mating can serve them for as long as 4years. They are very good sperm storers. They lay once every two months with the right environment. In snail farming,environment is everything.

When you say environment, what do you mean exactly. Is it the soil composition or noise and disturbance.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Glaxx(m): 7:53am On Sep 13, 2015
Afrocatalyst:

When you say environment, what do you mean exactly. Is it the soil composition or absence of noise and disturbance.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2015
Glaxx:

When you say environment, what do you mean exactly. Is it the soil composition or absence of noise and disturbance.

All of them.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Harbim(m): 1:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
ajokbem:
I'm interested in starting this snailery. I'm in ijebu ode. Kindly send me d BOQ. My email is adebimpeajoke@gmail.con

Am also in ijebu ode... and am interested, i will like to visit your farm Adebimpe.. you can contact me on 07051398050
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by crossblane1(m): 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
Is it advisable to use condemned refrigerator as a cage.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by automania: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
Partner(s) needed for snail farming.
Hi guys, I am looking for serious minded investor/partner to start a snail farm with who can afford to invest 1.5m.

I already have a plot of land at Arepo behind Punch office Lagos.

I will also provide personnel to manage the farm and security.

We plan to run it on the Australian free range system(that is the reason for the need for capital), starting with 2000 snails with projections to harvest more than 40,000 in 6 months period and then repeat. With this projection we are looking at over #10m in a year.

If you are interested call or email Automania to set up a meeting.

Call 08062187803
Email osnoko@gmail.com
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by crossblane1(m): 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]is it normal for the snail to be dormant in the afternoon and why is it that most of my snail leave the soil in the cage and climb up.pls don't be angry with my questions'am a newbie in this line of biz.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by crossblane1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]is it normal for the snail to be dormant in the afternoon and why is it that most of my snail leave the soil in the cage and climb up.pls don't be angry with my questions'am a newbie in this line of biz.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by crossblane1(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
[/color]is it normal for the snail to be dormant in the
afternoon and why is it that most of my snail leave
the soil in the cage and climb up.pls don't be angry
with my questions'am a newbie in this line of biz.[color=#990000][color=#990000]
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 5:30am On Sep 27, 2015
he Youth in Agribusiness Development and Innovation(YABDI) invites you to her Lagos Agribusiness Empowerment summit 2015.

A day full practical training on various crops and livestocks that will change your life for the better.

The training will be highly interactive with practical do it yourself demonstration on Cucumber, Plantain, Pineapple Cultivation and introduction to free range Grasscutter/Snail farming in Nigeria.

The training venue is LEADWAY ASSURANCE TRAINING CENTRE (LTC). 10, Abebe Village Road, Apex Mill Building (Roof Top) beside UBA Bank, along Nigerian Breweries, Iganmu - Lagos.

Date:1st October 2015
Time 8am to 5pm
Registration Fee: N10,000
Bank Details: MCUBE GLOBAL CONNECT LIMITED
Zenith Account No:1014183776

Join Practical and seasoned Agropreneurs like:
Mr Collins Amadi (https://www.nairaland.com/afrocatalyst) the Nigeria free range snail expert.

Mr Jasper Chidera (https://www.nairaland.com/jasper7) Foremost Cucumber Guru as he takes you through the Million naira cucumber business.

Mr Adewunmi Babafemi Samuel (https://www.nairaland.com/theunbeatable) MD Bsaideal integrated farm Akure, Ondo State. An highly versatile livestock farming expert will be revealing the step by step secret of grasscutter rearing business in Nigeria using modern techniques system.

Mr Akin Asher MD Asher Mobile fish farm Ibadan (https://www.nairaland.com/nikashow) will be teaching the secret of lucrative Modern/Mobile fish farming business.

Mr Adeniyi Sola Bunmi, Nigeria Agribusiness Transformation Ambassasor (https://www.nairaland.com/world1) as he takes you through Mega Opportunities in Plantain/ Pineapple Cultivation in Nigeria.

This is a training you don't want to miss.

If you have wondered where to spend your independence holiday on 1st October 2015, then look no further than the 1 day Lagos Practical Agribusiness Empowerment Summit that will transform your life.

Register for training today

Training cost ONLY N10,000

Certificate of Participation and Light refreshment included!
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by midastouch: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2016
Welldone @Afrocatalyst. Thinking outside the box.

A word of advice: Treat the supporting wooden pillars and protect them from termite infestation. I learnt the hard way.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 5:45pm On Jan 19, 2016
midastouch:

A word of advice: Treat the supporting wooden pillars and protect them from termite infestation. I learnt the hard way.

Sure.

Thanks for the advise.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Lutherlyrical: 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2016
Good day..please am an aspiring snail farmer..I just built a 5ft length, 3ft width and 3ft height pen. I have three of those and i want to know how many breeder snail can be housed in each of them for proper mating and breeding. I intend to move the hatchings to another location but i need a perfect breeding ground in terms of density..Thank you
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 6:06am On Jan 20, 2016
Lutherlyrical:
Good day..please am an aspiring snail farmer..I just built a 5ft length, 3ft width and 3ft height pen. I have three of those and i want to know how many breeder snail can be housed in each of them for proper mating and breeding. I intend to move the hatchings to another location but i need a perfect breeding ground in terms of density..Thank you

Standard stocking density is 20 snails to a sqm.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by mrsage(m): 12:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Good
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by IamUmason(m): 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
what if I use mosquito nets
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Gbosh(m): 6:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
ch3ckm8:
@afrocatalsyst I hear ants are a major concern in snail farming. Please how are the snails protected from ants in free range

Hi, Please how do you handle ANTS on the farm, Reply needed thanks
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Gbosh:

Hi, Please how do you handle ANTS on the farm, Reply needed thanks

You don't handle them once and relax,you do a control every two weeks round the farm.

This can be done using a knapsack sprayer.(best to buy one for the farm).

Ensure before the breeders arrive,that you treat the soil with a good chemical (probably Newlion Fumigation Chemical).

After which you give it at least two weeks with everday irrigation,before introducing the breeders.

Once they arrive,treat the surroundings(outside the perimeter fencing alone) once every two weeks. Do it as a ritual and you will never experience ants or termites invasion.

Ensure you don't let the sprays of the chemical get into the greenhouse. Very important.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
midastouch:

Thank you.

note taken.

Galvanised poles are the best for supporting pillars(though a bit more expensive) but this can be effective too. Woods treated with black oil after erecting.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
Just started.

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 5:48pm On Feb 10, 2016
Varities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tilapia And Cat Fish Coming Out Of The Ground In Delta After The Rain (Photos) / Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... / Strange Bird Killed By Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.