Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. (86074 Views)

Free Range Snail Farm Construction System.(videos) / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
And more..

1 Like

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Scrooge(m): 12:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
Well done! what vegetation should be planted inside the green house? An exhaustive list if I may ask. thanks.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by bukenson: 2:00pm On May 27, 2016
please i am interested in Snail farming. can i have your contact please
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by bukenson: 2:02pm On May 27, 2016
i have a space at my site. i need to do snail farming.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Danoluwa(m): 3:29pm On May 27, 2016
pls how do how i sterilize d soil and make it free from ants before use in the pen. Any other way apart from using insecticides.

1 Like

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:17am On Jun 04, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBP56hXMTno

Snail farming in Nigeria,Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 9:38am On Jun 04, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 10:49am On Jun 04, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Afrocatalyst: 8:30am On Jun 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by karlxavier(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2016
Please I want to ask about this curtain system way of snail farming, is one going to be feeding the snails on a daily basis? I though it's a green house and fruits would be planted there? Are their any special feeds to be given to these snails? How about the hatching of the laid eggs by your breeder stocks? How can one take care of all these? I need answers.. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by karlxavier(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
Also tall about the cost of the feeds you mentioned above, how can one produce his or her feeds? I also heard that snails have many kind of foods and all. I have also heard about limestone.. So, which do you advise us to do and how many kilograms of feed would you give to your snails on a daily basis?
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Adeyinka1758(m): 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
delpee:
Please beware of ants. Find out how to deal effectively with that.
Hello Bae, please i will nid ur help 2morow... Just read thru my signature... Lanicky nids ur epp... Hop u don't mind if i mention u 2morow? Thanks
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Adeyinka1758(m): 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
fairygeh:
lwkmd
Lanicky nids ur epp tomorrow, please ur vote counts alot.. Thanks the votin thread wil be at the home page tomorrow.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Arogunmasa(m): 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2016
Afrocatalyst:
Ready to accept the breeders

i have SPACE LIKE THIS how much will it take to put up something like that. i also have a place, half plot but its prone to flooding pls advice.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by phillings247: 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
is roofing a must for a free range snailry system
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Baroba(m): 3:41am On Aug 03, 2016
phillings247:
is roofing a must for a free range snailry system

If you want birds, lizards ants to have a field day in your pen, try constructing one without roof..
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by Me4sure: 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
WOW
Thank you for all these information
Can I start my snail farm inside my house
I plan to use a room inside my house and my balcony
I read about someone that used a room inside her house
Can I do the same as I currently do not have a plot of land
How much will it cost me from start to finish
The room is a normal room side with two big windows, while the balcony is the size of a normal balcony
Also my friend wants to know if she can use her backyard
Its about half of a quarter plot
Thank you
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by porchville5: 1:30am On Sep 11, 2016
Do you know, you don't have to buy food to feed snails? Do you know, this is the only leave snails feed on for years without any problems? This does not mean they don't eat others, but if you feed them with others you might have to buy some special treatment plants, but if you have this plant in this video in their habitat you do not need treatment plants, this has made snail farming a very lucrative and stress free business, all you need is few tips, 1. Type of soil ,this is because they feed also on soil, if you give them wrong soil they will die 2. Nature of the environment, the environment must be kept wet and away from pest esp ants 3. Avoid direct sun light, that is why you will have to plant this plant on this video in the snail house, these and many more tips you need to be successful in snail farm, just watch the video and subscribe to the channel so that you will get the full lecture on how to raise snail successfullly without spending a dime......................................................................................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uErXZerGUGA
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by porchville5: 1:34am On Sep 11, 2016
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by porchville5: 1:41am On Sep 11, 2016
Me4sure:
WOW
Thank you for all these information
Can I start my snail farm inside my house
I plan to use a room inside my house and my balcony
I read about someone that used a room inside her house
Can I do the same as I currently do not have a plot of land
How much will it cost me from start to finish
The room is a normal room side with two big windows, while the balcony is the size of a normal balcony
Also my friend wants to know if she can use her backyard
Its about half of a quarter plot
Thank you

Yes you can actually use your room for the snail farming, but you will have to protect the windows with a mosquito net and leave it open, then till the room if floored already, fill a to a considrable level with soil that can retain water and grow plant, plant the plants they eat, and stuck it with achatina species of snail, remember the window have to be kept open for some sun rays to come in....
Watch this clip and see what I mean and what snail eat, subscribe to our YouTube channel to get more direction and contact us with any questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uErXZerGUGA
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by heezey(m): 6:25am On Oct 01, 2016
Are you interested in Snail farming?
Click here to discover the success secret of snail farmers that no one talks about: Snail farming In Nigeria: Exposing the hidden secrets
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by petitmonde(m): 6:44pm On May 11, 2017
Afrocatalyst:

We treat the soil before the snails arrive. With cypermethrin(alpha action) + deltamethrin. That takes care of it while the galvanised sheets used in making the perimeter fencing protects the entire field against burrowing animals like lizards,snakes,rabbits and rodents.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by petitmonde(m): 7:00pm On May 11, 2017
Afrocatalyst:

Nice observation.

Those ones will be taken care of at the outside perimeter. The ground just round the outside perimeter will be treated once every month with fumigation chemical using a watering can so it can go deeper into the ground. That takes care of underground travellers.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by petitmonde(m): 7:29pm On May 11, 2017
Afrocatalyst:

You don't handle them once and relax,you do a control every two weeks round the farm.

This can be done using a knapsack sprayer.(best to buy one for the farm).

Ensure before the breeders arrive,that you treat the soil with a good chemical (probably Newlion Fumigation Chemical).

After which you give it at least two weeks with everday irrigation,before introducing the breeders.

Once they arrive,treat the surroundings(outside the perimeter fencing alone) once every two weeks. Do it as a ritual and you will never experience ants or termites invasion.

Ensure you don't let the sprays of the chemical get into the greenhouse. Very important.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by platinumtt: 2:31am On May 12, 2017
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by pheonixdld2(m): 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2017
Danoluwa:
pls how do how i sterilize d soil and make it free from ants before use in the pen. Any other way apart from using insecticides.
Boil the soil..... put in sack and boil or pour hot water boiled to 75`c and pour into the intending laomy soil in a bucket twice and use in your own.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by pheonixdld2(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
pheonixdld2:

Boil the soil..... put in sack and boil or pour hot water boiled to 75`c and pour into the intending laomy soil in a bucket twice and use in your pen.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by cosade(m): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
Afrocatalyst:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FklJqkPRNFU

Ogun

Hello Afrocatalyst, some of us following your various threads on Nairaland would like to know how successful the snail farms you constructed have been.
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by paragraph: 2:23am On Jan 05, 2018
@Afrocatalyst
I'm interested in starting this snailery. I'm around Ota. Kindly send me the BOQ. My email is paragraph81@gmail.com. Regards
Re: PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. by mutfad: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2019
@op, kindly send me BOQ for a plot your land i'll need your expertise mutfad 21century @ yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tilapia And Cat Fish Coming Out Of The Ground In Delta After The Rain (Photos) / Catfish Farming.Start Small.Let's talk diseases and treatments.coming soon.... / Strange Bird Killed By Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.