Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,038 members, 7,956,867 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:05 PM

US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (77086 Views)

Compel Osinbajo-led FEC To Declare Buhari Unfit, Court Told / Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu / It's Wrong For Mikel, Siasia To Accept $390,000 Gift - Senator Ogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by CzarChris(m): 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Johnpaul88:
If it does happen that gay marriage is legalised in Nigeria, all you can do is to protest for a day or two and then you'll begin to wonder you hadn't anything better to do. So save yourself these rhetorics!
Are you through?

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by CzarChris(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
Johnpaul88:
If it does happen that gay marriage is legalised in Nigeria, all you can do is to protest for a day or two and then you'll begin to wonder you hadn't anything better to do. So save yourself these rhetorics!
Are you through?

Nice, now just take that opinion of yours and shove wayyyy deep into your azzzz or what's left of it anyway. undecided

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by EbolaParasite: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
emperorchedda:
oh listen
Nothing was pre determined or meant to be.

We discover things each day ourselves.

Maybe since before civilization that we had no clothes, clothes were not meant to be

Absolutely wrong!!!!
The vagina was specially designed to accept the penis and also deliver a child!!!!!!
The fact that we discover things everyday does not mean those things weren't already designed that way. We just happened to increase our knowledge about such things.
All mammals have male and female. fact. Whether we discovered that or not does not change the fact.
The womb was PRE DETERMINED PRE DESIGNED whichever way you want to put it to DELIVER CHILDREN. Our EXISTENCE depends on it. MAN ON MAN or FEMALE on FEMALE will not ensure our EXISTENCE.

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Ikiriye(m): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
The U.S. will not compel our govt to or help us get power,good Infrastructure etc.what they prefer is to offer us rubbish.well we are watching PMB,I will not be surprised if he brings the matter home cos that is the main reason they are supporting him,remember folks that GEJ rejected their offer and they frustrated his govt.U.S will not give our president anything until he pushes for gay legality.I trust our national assembly even if our president agrees it will fail just as it did before.

4 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by msogunro: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
onyxo76:

Leviticus 20:13
"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death." Leviticus 20:10

onyxo76:

'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22

"Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with they neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her". Leviticus 18:20

Let's be as angry with adulterers as we are with individuals participating in same sex attraction. Let's ban them from living in Nigeria or remove all their rights as citizens of Nigeria.

Let's not pick and choose which laws we live by.

onyxo76:

1 Timothy 1:10
for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine.

What bible did you see that in? It is not in my KJV bible. That is new to me.

onyxo76:

Romans 1:27
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

You forgot to quote Roman 1:29. There is a mention of fornication in their. How many of us had sex before marriage?

We're all so imperfect it's hilarious, but we're VERY quick to judge and condemn others. All of us need to humble ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Oluabayomi1(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
They re just kidding coz no amount of pressure ll make me to dey admire my fellow men!
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by VickyRotex(f): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
Lalasticlala, This thread again!.

I thought you closed down a similar thread (htt p://www.nairaland.com/2445606/anti-gay-law-well-pressure-nigeria) some days ago, because the news was dated back 1 year ago. That thread carried a source (http://www.naij.com/59055.html) that stated that the news was stale.

If you examine the write up, its word for word. Asides, the fact that they included PMB's plans to visit the US.

Are bloggers just trying to use this to scare people, or did the source backdate the news? Please do confirm.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by isiaqool(m): 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
they don forget say Buhari be our president who
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by shevy45(m): 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
Capital No to Bugerry my brother.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by yorubadelta(f): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
youngice:

I will marry you and give you my g-wagon

You flatter me tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by aijayHenry(f): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
Don't be surprised buhari might succumb to the kine pressure.. after all isn't it part of the change you all anticipated for. undecided
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Skillz02(m): 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.

***Modified***

So i wrote this on the last page, but feel i should add it here too.

Did not know my harmless comments will ignite a firestorm, literally.

No i am not gay, neither am i advocating for gay rights.

So, i took the time to read all the comments here, plus the insults and all, and i find them to be very entertaining.

I am also very appreciative of the mature replies by some, even if they disagree with my views. We all cannot have the same views about things in life, and for the fact that you don't see things my way,or i your way , does not necessarily need for it to get to name callings, insults and the rest.

I have a right to my views. I am a grown man,and my views is with the school of thought that the GAY people should be left alone. If they are not bothering you, they are not a threat to your being, did not steal from you, did not come to you for any kind of relationship, do not have any contact with you in any way.

THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE.

My last page on this topic.

Are u worshiping ur pastor or God almighty?
Sodom & Gomorrah era & to America well I only sympathize on the god fearing once but God will soon responds to that mark my word

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Cityguy: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
With many ladies around who are of age and of mind, I wonder why someone would say tearing and damaging a fellow man's anal sphincter is his 'preference'. Disgusting!!! For those rejoicing that their dream of licence for assaulting people's anal cavity would soon become a reality, sorry to burst your bubble as it's going to be a tall dream indeed.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by declaro(m): 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.

***Modified***

So, i took the time to read all the comments here, plus the insults and all, and i find them to be very entertaining.

I am also very appreciative of the mature replies by some, even if they disagree with my views. We all cannot have the same views about things in life, and for the fact that you don't see things my way,or i your way , does not necessarily need for it to get to name callings, insults and the rest.

I have a right to my views. I am a grown man,and my views is with the school of thought that the GAY people should be left alone. If they are not bothering you, they are not a threat to your being, did not steal from you, did not come to you for any kind of relationship, do not have any contact with you in any way.

THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE.

You can not judge the extinction of human race as right thing to do, it has started and allowing it spread is the end of homo sapient. I do not feel comfortable anymore where I am with guy because I do not know who is who. Men are now afraid of rape from his follow men. You can not justify this with mere 'look away attitude', it is the job of all of us to protect our race, we don't want to go extinction. I am open for a serious debate from all prospective.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ModiKen(m): 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
yorubadelta:
Why don't they "compel" Nigeria to fix it's economy, electricity and bad roads? No, they would ignore those key problems but fight vehemently for the legalization of rubbish.
These are truly the end times.
Awon Oniranu angry

I totally agree with u.

This is the reason why I'm of the opinion that to a large extent the U.S is the problem of the world.

Trying to force their beliefs and laws on other countries in the name of "democracy and human rights".

Their culture accepts homosexuality; ours doesn't hence we can't decriminalize or legalize it. Shikena!

Why force us to accept what we don't want?

If our forefathers hear we accepted gayism, they wld spit on us the very second we join them in the great beyond.

If the U.S had compelled our past leaders to give us true democracy and good governance, we won't be in the mess we are in today.

The U.S. is always and only interested in a country where it stands to benefit especially material resources. We have oil and other resources, hence they are "gingering" for us to accept the LGTC.

Why haven't they made such move in Zimbabwe, cos Zim doesn't have what they need (cos they cld topple Mugabe if they really mean business). Why haven't they made moves to end insurgency in Ethiopia and Somalia, cos there is nothing of worth to them in those countries; why haven't they made strong moves to end the civil war in South Sudan, nothing of importance to them there; also why haven't the U.S compelled the govt of Central African Republic (CAR) to put and end to the killing of muslims by armed Christian militia in the country.

Oh! I pity Africa.

Until we free ourselves from the grip of the west (which has been made possible through financial and human aid, grants, IMF and World Bank policies), we wld never get to the promised land.

For starters, lets get our own currency, one currency for the continent of Africa just like Euro is used by the EU. Lets see if he west wont panic because that wld be the beginning of our liberation from poverty and hunger.

BTW, the anti-gay law, for me was the major highlight of GEJ's administration.

3 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by wexyee: 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

I hated gays.

***Modified***

THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE.

gay
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 16, 2015
This Obama and his people ate just becoming more useless to the good of this earth. Is this meant to be a priority or what? They have something evil in stock! Since its possible to reverse a fixed law then I pray other states nd countries get their sanity back and reverse such occult act.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by cally3D(m): 12:13am On Jul 16, 2015
Maintech:
If it was Jonathan i would have said maybe but with Sai Baba... you better have another thought coming because with his Islamic background that is a no-go area. He wont even seat across the table to have such a dirty, inhumane, dehumanizing, adulterous, morally-depraving, ignominious, sadistic, devilish, barbaric, demonic, and gory discussion with anyone including Obama, the killer of Osama.
So true! Boko haram no go even gree!
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 16, 2015
the way dis obama dey carry this gay issue for head i dey very sure he must be an undercover gaaycheesy.bush and clinton no carry am like dis for head oo.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by alphalpha(m): 12:47am On Jul 16, 2015
msogunro:

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death." Leviticus 20:10

"Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with they neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her". Leviticus 18:20

Let's be as angry with adulterers as we are with individuals participating in same sex attraction. Let's ban them from living in Nigeria or remove all their rights as citizens of Nigeria.

Let's not pick and choose which laws we live by.

What bible did you see that in? It is not in my KJV bible. That is new to me.

You forgot to quote Roman 1:29. There is a mention of fornication in their. How many of us had sex before marriage?

We're all so imperfect it's hilarious, but we're VERY quick to judge and condemn others. All of us need to humble ourselves.

let the US start it. punish adulterers, fornicators, liars, porn peddlers, satanists, etc

or legalize everything ...
then you can come lets reconsider
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by alphalpha(m): 12:50am On Jul 16, 2015
first of all, OP go St James Park, instead of to go watch Newcastle match, na to watch 2 kissing men...

wetin Kari u go dia sef,
first of all, OP go St James Park, instead of to go watch Newcastle match, na to watch 2 kissing men...

wetin Kari u go dia sef,
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 16, 2015
the way dis obama dey carry this gay issue for head i dey very sure he must be an undercover cover cheesy.bush and clinton no carry am like dis for head oo.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by olumalcolm(m): 1:05am On Jul 16, 2015
kennygee:
The devil is a liar.

Not in Nigeria

God will not allow it.

If the Americans have sold themselves to the devil, we have not.
cm and c d were wey pass am into law lookin @ yansh

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Chigold101(m): 1:17am On Jul 16, 2015
kennygee:

Then maybe we can go back to our roots and start being an independent country
Sooner than we imagine... There will be a shake in this place...
People all over Lower Niger are catching the heat of Radio Biafra
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by alex406(m): 1:20am On Jul 16, 2015
Why is same sex the only thing they can Offer? Dévil at work
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 16, 2015
If Nigerians were as passionate about fixing the country as much as they are about discriminating homosexuals and praying to God. We will live in paradise.

The same people here who pray every Sunday and judge others for their sexual orientation are busy cheating on their spouses weekly , stealing from their places of work, conning foreigners online and trafficking drugs to Indonesia.

But God forbid... we address those problems and try to fix our social issues. Our mission is to kill and maim our fellow man...Yes we are doing Gods work and keeping our society clean and off western influence.

If you ask the boys in Sambisa: Boko Haram, They are actually also doing Gods work. Killing their neighbours because God is perhaps too lazy to do it himself.

Nation of hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by sweetgala(m): 2:04am On Jul 16, 2015
Stelvin101:
False news, sometimes I wonder if all this our News Media have brain. where were they when our Senates are passing child abuse laws just to suit themselves, non of these Stwpid media said a word. just cause PMB is traveling to US for international dialogue with US on trade, Boko Haram issue and business. they want to use this as an advantage and broadcast rubbish. Africa hasn't lost her value unlike Europe and America, so anybody thinking PMB of all people who is even a Muslim for that matter who will never think of giving even a listening ear to the democrats in US government who voted for gay, that person should think well again and mind you America parliament decided on it and not President Obama himself, just like how our National house of Assembly debated on 21yrs for a female child to be able to have sex, Ex President GEJ a.k.a Mr Clueless had nothing to do with it.

The supreme Court was the body that actually imposed the gay right judgement on all states in the US.

There was no legislative oversight
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by jeff14real: 6:07am On Jul 16, 2015
[quote author=Dragonking post=35878575]

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/us-we-ll-compel-nigeria-to-accept-same-sex-marriage/214603/

Like seriously! Na by force see us see wahala shooo dem no see the distances between Nigerian and US. I wounder which one dem n understand the "NO" or "NEVER"
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by mandat81: 6:47am On Jul 16, 2015
If you want to know more about been a gay and a christian u need to read this link. Matthew vines.

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=matthew+vines&btnG=
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by simdam500(m): 7:05am On Jul 16, 2015
Freciprocal: Seems they have been watching so many vampire movies... undecided

Compel kor, propel ni grin

Don't mind them, they thought we are sired to them undecided
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 16, 2015
Not too long ago, Our people didnt have the right to rule themselves.. the unfortunate ones who were shipped across the atlantic became property. They were lynched for looking at a white woman talkless of bedding her.

Then came the movement, the fight for freedom in the americas and the opportunity to self rule on the motherland Africa. unfortunately, the argument i am hearing here today sounds very similar to the voice of the white oppressors..

The Southern states who fought a war to keep their slaves quoted the scripture and the Bible backed them up. Turns out God obviously wasnt against slavery and encourages you to honor thy master. today the racist south remains the most religious part of America... responsible for this evangelical gospel that is spreading across our continent... So before you claim ownership of your faith, Please remember that it is an inheritance from your slave master.

Our sense of morality, love and kindness can not be all scribbled on pages of a book that allows a man to enslave another.

Oh but we have forgotten this all...

Funny thing is, the white who fought to enslave us and keep us in chains had a very good reason... PROFIT.

Whats your reason for fighting against who another man decides to sleep with?

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2015
Double 6 on them dice [color=#000099][/color],you one of them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 / Pictures From President Bola Tinubu First Security Meeting With Service Chiefs / Afenifere Reacts To Peter Obi's Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.