Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,358 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins (39481 Views)

Kidnappers Shot Dead By Police In Enugu (More Photos) / Another IMSU Student Murdered By Suspected Cultists In Owerri. Graphic Pics / Boy Killed In Delta State By Suspected Cultists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by wellmax(m): 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
The serene atmosphere at Obafemi Awolowo University OAU, Ile-Ife was on Tuesday night shattered as a lecturer in the department of Agricultural Economics of the institution, Dr. Deji Adejobi, was killed by suspected assassins at his residence located at The-Dawn area, near the Ife toll gate in Ile-Ife, Osun State.

According to Adejobi’s gateman (names withheld), who recounted how the incident took place said the assailants trailed the deceased to his house at exactly 10:10 on Tuesdayevening and shot him twice after shooting into the air to scare the residents of the community.

Also, one of the children of the late lecturer, Oyin Adejobi, in an emotion laden voice narrated how her father was murdered in cold blood.

“As we finished our evening prayer at 10:05 pm, Dady drove into the compound. Then I overheard an argument between the gateman and some strange people. I quickly looked from the window and I saw another black car that entered our compound together with Daddy’s car. Our gateman was querying the occupants of the other car but they hit him and ordered him to lie down.

“The men in the black car came out before daddy could alight from his car and one of them shot into the air. Two of them advanced to daddy’s car while others came inside. Grandma started begging those that came inside to spare our lives . Suddenly, we heard gunshot twice from the outside.

“The assailants left at 10:20 and took daddy’s car away. I overheard daddy begging them that they should not take him away. When they left, we thought they took him away and we started praying for the safety of daddy without knowing that he had been killed. When the police came, they saw his lifeless body in the flower”, Oyin explained .

The younger brother of the deceased who is also the Public Relations Officer PPRO for Ogun State Police Command, Prince Olumuyiwa Adejobi described the death of his brother as very pathetic.

The Police Public Relation Officer for Osun State Police Command, Mrs Folashade Odoro while confirming the incident said the command has commenced investigation into the matter and assured that the police would fish out the killers

The Public Relation Officer of OAU, Mr Abiodun Olanrewaju also said the death of Dr Adejobi was very unfortunate, adding that the
management, staff and students of the university were very sad about the development.

Olanrewaju regretted that it was unfortunate that university lecturers have become the target of kidnappers, armed robbers and assassins. He warned that the trend is dangerous for education system in the country. -VANGUARD

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/assassins-kill-oau-lecturer/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by wellmax(m): 8:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
Whao, so painful. He was my lecturer back in uni days. I remember him as an intelligent an adventurous young man who became a Doctor at I think 28. Though he was always controversial, we students loved him still. This is quite unfortunate.
RIP Dr Deji Adejobi,

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by marqueetim(m): 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
RIP. One of the vices that those of us who aspire to be a lecturer could face angry Yet we remain undaunted.

6 Likes

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by Mekybliss(f): 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
RIP
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by feldido(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
Assassins and Lecturers these days... undecided

1 Like

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by aspabay(m): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
Cc. Seun. Lalasticlala
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by Born2eatPussy(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2015
I BLAME
[size=20pt]BUHARI[/size]

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by ritababe(f): 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
assassin or STUDENT

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by tonbratom(m): 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
RIP
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by MrMcJay(m): 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
First, it was Prof Olomo, then Dr Omisore and now this?

There is clearly something fishy here.

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by sukkot: 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
well dayumm

1 Like

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by allanphash7(m): 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
RIP Dr
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
blame it on buhari

1 Like

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by steffans(m): 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
oh no..

RIP

1 Like

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nyesom Ezenwo Wike Nyemsom means give is following me in Igboland, Ezenwo means king's son in Igboland, and Wike means,strong child.

Hit me like if you are a proud Igboman.

Carry Go wike. We Abians got your back,you can't enter rivers without talking to us. Ndi Ike.

I pray that God give you a better place sir. Sad day for our country,death to all criminals in Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by UnknownT: 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Make e no b students wey him don frustrate their lives tire treat him fuckuplipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by nypomaino: 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
Na wa oo...assassins have stopped Killin politicians! Na intellectuals dem dey face now. Oh Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by AutoCarTracker(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
RIP. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by coolshegs10(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
...Too sad. Destiny wasters re at work.

With a voice that roars like thunder,u will declare this loud and clear.
"Any power/personality,assigned to cut short my destiny, you are a Bastard! DIE !!!".

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by victor2fresh(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
RIP
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by shine96: 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
RIP
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hmmm
RIP
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
wellmax:
Whao, so painful. He was my lecturer back in uni days. I remember him as an intelligent an adventurous young man who became a Doctor at I think 28. Though he was always controversial, we students loved him still. This is quite unfortunate.
RIP Dr Deji Adejobi,

young man this is time for liez

RIP sir
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by sweatlana: 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nah wa o what's happening in great ife nau?

That institution has produced some of the nation's finest..
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
What on earth was his offense? Why are fellow humans so wicked. Well, what do I know? May his soul find peace with his creator, our Lord.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
My race... God have mercy.
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by vicadex07(m): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
I suspect biafrans in this. They are lazy cowards. Continue, we are coming for you

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by 9jatatafo(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
RIP lecturer.
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by Mznaett: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
If na wicked man good for ram but if na beta man then let justice prevail
Re: Dr. Deji Adejobi - An OAU-Ife Lecturer - Shot Dead By Suspected Assassins by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Family Demands Body Of 11-yr-old Girl Whose Guardian Raped To Death (Pictured) / Fleeing Nigerians Arrested In China, As Police Operatives Storm Market / Wanted Kidnapper Who Shoots With 2 AK-47 Guns At The Same Time, Arrested. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.