Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Believers' Place - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers' Place (13571 Views)

Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / Bible Believers Games / Bible Believers Challenge #biblebelieverschallenge Day1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 7:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Summary is the church should retrace her step because she had erred and soil her garment with greediness

And you're perfect?? No. The church has erred in what way now?? Tithe-related issues??
What are you doing about the mistakes of the church? Are you helping to reconcile them to God? Or are you making it worse by apportioning blames and spreading the wrong doings??
Like HFOG said, God's ways are not our ways, neither are His thoughts like ours.
"Let him that thinks he stands take heed; lest he fall".

starlingslimnet:
Of course not but you have,if your tithe is spent on pastors who are supposed to feed themselves.

[font=serif] shocked shocked
What?? You mean you know what tithes should be used for?? See me see blessing!! cheesycheesy
Seriously? My dear, has it occurred to you that you're trying to play God?? In Leviticus, the priests, Levites, we are made to know didn't work. But of course, the ate. What did they eat?? Manna? They even ate some of the offerings! As they were directed.
Now, there was a special bread, just for the priests. Where did it come from
You need to change this mindset please. OK. Some pastors have become greedy. But swidy, are to judge? It isn't our place to! God is more than able to repay every man according as his work is.
You're trying to understand God's ways?? Sorry but I gotta tell you you'll fail.
Geez! Minus even church issue sef, with this attitude, you'll have problems. You want to know what all your money us used for?? There's bound to be frictions. Because I personally, were I your wife, can't account for all what the money is used for. Not that I can't, but I won't!

Imagine you give me money monthly for upkeep, and then decide what I should buy with it. Wrong! Or decide what hairstyle I should make just because you're paying for it. So wrong! You're trying to control everything dear. Let it go.

Do your part.

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by davien(m): 8:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
can't anyone answer my question here? undecided
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2015
davien:
can't anyone answer my question here? undecided
You're asking your question on the wrong thread sir. We do not intend to defy the purpose why this thread was created. Many thanks for understanding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The Kingdom of God is not a field yet Christ compared it to it.If you can't understand parables how will you understand Christ? God has principles my brother.I will Stop at that.

Lol. I want to rest concerning this abeg. I love to pay my tithes and really, it's a personal decision. If you couldn't get convinced in your church about tithe payment, then I can't.

Remain blessed. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by davien(m): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

You're asking your question on the wrong thread sir. We do not intend to defy the purpose why this thread was created. Many thanks for understanding
So in other words you want everyone to keep quite and swallow your views...typical!
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

I had to quote you here. You did misunderstand his analogy. Paper translates to money and if you want to be literal, paper is money and both paper and money have value. So your application paper being thrown away is same as money wrongly used or misappropriated.

Lol. I laughed at this. He wasn't "comparing" but was giving an "analogy". If you also claim God is all powerful, why do we "pray" that our "prayers" get to God since He listens to our heart? Why do we "pray" that the angels take our "prayers" to God after all he sees our hearts and knows our needs?

You also claim that the effect of the tithe is not your business because you're not a council member, you can as well give your tithe to thieves and sorcerers and all. If you really do not care about how this same Gospel you're currently preaching will be propagated. Or you assume God will come consume the offering with fire like he did in those days as recorded in the Bible?

Lol. *sigh* I give up concerning this abeg. It was great talking to you about tithing! smiley

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:
Talking about the GM and someone applying for something and relating that to God doesn't exactly fit in to me. To conclude that when I give to a church system that misappropriates funds I'll miss the blessing of giving because God would not have a record of my giving would not be right even Scripturally. That translates to faulting God as limited in knowledge and bias in judgement. Why are we so hasty to pass judgement not just on the church leaders but even God? During Jesus' time, He condemned the religious rulers for their hypocrisy severally but he never told his followers to rebel against them or their teachings. He even told his listeners to obey the teachings of the Pharisees but not their lifestyles. He talked about them exploiting widows yet He commended the widow that gave her mite in the temple. We would be taking too much into our hands by assuming the position of criticizing every religious leader who collects tithes and offerings. If you have evidence of their unfaithfulness what is the right thing to do? If you approach them and they refuse to turn a new leaf, what next? Does broadcasting their evil ways and convincing others to shun giving solve anything? What does the Bible recommend? We must realise that the easiest person to change is ourselves and we all would give account of ourselves before God. If as you walk with God, He persuaded and instructed you to quit giving tithes, good for you. Many times we focus on frivolities and ignore the priorities. Giving is taught everywhere in the Bible. Whether it is giving in the church or to the poor and whatever percentage it is God's Word gives you us principles to guide our giving.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Cc Kaboninc starlingslimnet

I'll begin to call you my Aunty in the Lord for this. God bless You. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
It was given to the givers in Deut 14:22-29 perhaps you have not read it before and pastors avoid the place also. This is why you must know what your offerings is used for.
Quoting those verses here would be quite burdensome. I've just read them. The instruction is that they bring their tithes, have a feast, eat together and remember the widows, levites etc. That's quite clear sir. What I asked however was where we are instructed to supervise and ensure that those things are done. Also where we are told that we must stop giving tithe if it is not used as expected. We must stay within the bounds of the Bible please. I am not cut out for elaborate talks on this please. We use Scriptures to interpret Scriptures. We do not pick and interpret Scriptures in isolation. Generally when God gives us instructions, they are without conditions. For example, love your enemies. Pray for them that persecute you. Honour your father and mother. Pay your tax. Etc. Whatever the recipients of these instructions do or do not do is no excuse for us to flaunt His instructions. We do not honour our parents because they're good or perfect or right. We do not love our enemies because they always end up changing. We do what we're asked to do because we're asked to do it irrespective of what anyone else does. Let me tie up what I'm saying. That reference doesn't tell us to quit paying tithes if the leaders in the temple stop using it faithfully. Two, that Scripture is part of the Old covenant as it deals with what to eat and what not to eat. But we know from Jesus' words that what we eat does not defile us. Three, there are a number of other Scriptures that say a lot more about tithe than the aspect of eating and feasting. We can't make this the ultimate and use it in isolation. Please note that I do not personally have an issue with tithe. I'm doing all this talk because I feel you're trying to nullify the whole essence of tithe giving because YOU FEEL that many religious leaders have dealt unfaithfully and greedily with tithes and offerings.
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

So you really need scriptures to know that the church is God's house?

Hahaha! Abi..
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

I'll begin to call you my Aunty in the Lord for this. God bless You. smiley
Haha. No way. I'm just learning to walk with the Lord a day at a time. Amen to your prayers. God bless you more.

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
davien:
So in other words you want everyone to keep quite and swallow your views...typical!
If that's what you choose to understand it's perfectly fine by me. You're entitled to your opinion. :-)
Re: Believers' Place by davien(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

If that's what you choose to understand it's perfectly fine by me. You're entitled to your opinion. :-)
Only not here as you've pointed out...only your opinions and goals matter...
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
lol......it is a good thing to do so......That's why we are here discussing.... you might not realize have learnt previous things from you today
I'm trying hard to believe you're learning. Sometimes you speak like you're already made up and you're just looking for what to criticize. I can only trust God to give us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him...

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
Please, let's stick to the PURPOSE of this thread. I've realised that no matter what is said here, to convince some fellows would take them having personal encounters with God which I don't think they wanna have.

This tithe talk has become a distraction for me and I won't even talk about it anymore. There are 'unbelieving believers' here and maybe atheists here too to shift our focus from our mutual edification.

It'll be easy for us to just ignore, really. For now, let's forget tithes! cheesy

So, who has some RHEMA to SHARE?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
davien:
Only not here as you've pointed out...only your opinions and goals matter...
Unfortunately your words can't make us feel guilty neither can it make us change our purpose for the thread. Because your words are simply a statement of your opinion not necessarily a statement of fact. Btw, we're derailing if you do not mind. :-P
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:
Please, let's stick to the PURPOSE of this thread. I've realised that no matter what is said here, to convince some fellows would take them having personal encounters with God which I don't think they wanna have.

This tithe talk has become a distraction for me and I won't even talk about it anymore. There are 'unbelieving believers' here and maybe atheists here too to shift our focus from our mutual edification.

It'll be easy for us to just ignore, really. For now, let's forget tithes! cheesy

So, who has some RHEMA to SHARE?
Many thanks for this reminder. Truth is talking would achieve little or nothing till one has an encounter with the Lord. We need to pray and God'll reach out to sincere seekers. I initially wanted to ignore the tithe thingy but your reply to that illustration of a person applying to work somewhere gave me some morale. I'm thinking I still have a little space in my heart to reply one or two things so please bear with me. I think it's becoming obvious that struggling with tithe giving or usage is not really one of the essentials of the gospel. Sooner or later it will fade away.

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
Today, I went to 'my secret place' just to worship God. Mehn, it was lovely spending such a short time with Him this afternoon. Just telling Him how much I love Him and how much He means to me. I couldn't just hold back those tears.

Oh, how I love to worship Him. Oh, how He loves to be worshipped. I just need more of His grace to draw near unto Him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

I've stopped deliberating on this tithe issue a long time ago till when God is ready to teach me personally on it but I pay my tithe consistently and I tell you I reap the fruits and also encourage people to pay theirs. But there's one thing I know is that this world has been cursed from the beginning and so is it's fruit but we are not cursed and when I pay my tithe , God sanctifies the remaining 90% . I can't remember when last I could not account for my money or when I had to waste in on sickness or unimportant issues , this is just my believe. Whatsoever happens to the tithe after I pay it is not my business.
ur right anyway...I pay mine too cos I kw the blessings that comes with it.
Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

So have I sinned if I choose to give my tithe to a church or pastor?
no dear, not at all. But alot of pastor's make it look like we must bring it to church and make it look big and even go ahead to say we rub God and there re curses. that's misleading the ppl.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:
Today, I went to 'my secret place' just to worship God. Mehn, it was lovely spending such a short time with Him this afternoon. Just telling Him how much I love Him and how much He means to me. I couldn't just hold back those tears.

Oh, how I love to worship Him. Oh, how He loves to be worshipped. I just need more of His grace to draw near unto Him.
Glory. Nothing beats worship except if it's not accompanied by obedience. Sweetest place to be is His presence. Oh, tears. Tears of joy, gratitude and awe.
*singing*
I can only imagine...

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

Many thanks for this reminder. Truth is talking would achieve little or nothing till one has an encounter with the Lord. We need to pray and God'll reach out to sincere seekers. I initially wanted to ignore the tithe thingy but your reply to that illustration of a person applying to work somewhere gave me some morale. I'm thinking I still have a little space in my heart to reply one or two things so please bear with me. I think it's becoming obvious that struggling with tithe giving or usage is not really one of the essentials of the gospel. Sooner or later it will fade away.

You're my loaded aunt in the Lord, so as you're led, please do. And no, paying tithes to me is not an essential to me also. Jesus is the only way to heaven, not tithing. I'm extremely sure that there are saints in heaven who never paid tithes. But some of us just want to enjoy heaven while on earth before we actually make heaven. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
Alezy:
no dear, not at all. But alot of pastor's make it look like we must bring it to church and make it look big and even go ahead to say we rub God and there re curses. that's misleading the ppl.
While there are still a lot of pastors that do not do that. Is it everyone that says Lord, Lord that will enter the kingdom? Why do we act suprised like the Word wasn't clear about what we should expect in perilous times? We've been told not to be deceived...I just trying to think what would be achieved by starting up a crusade against those who have gone in the way of Balaam. No matter what we say or do many will keep deceiving others and deceiving themselves. Tithe issue is just a little way many have gone astray. There are many other issues. So overfloging it or disbelieving in tithe altogether or crusading against it to me is almost always a futile effort.

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Maybe it's time I asked you questions too...

Where in the Bible did Christ teach the disciples to pay Tithe? or the Apostles urge the church to pay tithe?
Jesus and the Apostles didn't explicitly teach on the issue of tithe. However they spoke a lot about giving of which we can conveniently say that tithe is a part of. Whoever is struggling to meticulously ensure he doesn't give above/below that 10% or he doesn't give it to certain people still has a long way to go. Someone is still struggling with tithe when God's calling us to a higher level of giving with the understanding that He owns us and all we have. Like Jesus was, I just wish we'll be balanced. He said...Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith...
He wasn't commending the religious rulers in His days. In this same chapter hear what He told the multitudes and His disciples
The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not...
Is Christ contradicting Himself? How could He ask His disciples to keep obeying those rulers He had publicly corrected? Not at all. He's simply placing a balance and putting everyone where they belong. On one hand the people teaching and collecting the tithes have missed it yet He instructs His followers to obey their teachings (including teachings on tithe. Remember the pharisee that proudly prayed to God in the temple he made reference to paying his tithe and fasting among other things). So we are not the ones to set things in order. Do your part - give liberally and cheerfully. Wherever or to whoever or for whatever should be a consequence of your relationship with God. And you're not to judge others who do not give exactly as you do.

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by davien(m): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

Unfortunately your words can't make us feel guilty neither can it make us change our purpose for the thread. Because your words are simply a statement of your opinion not necessarily a statement of fact. Btw, we're derailing if you do not mind. :-P
It's not meant to make you guilty or are you feeling guilty?....Anyone here who isn't biased can see what i'm saying....you just opened a thread in an open forum for yourself and excluded any other opinion but those that you're okay with..
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:

If someone is getting paid for his function aren't I supposed to be paid for being a song writer and teacher since that is my function?And aren't you supposed to be paid for your functions? Or you are telling me one part is important than the other?
No member of the body of Christ is more important than another. Are you telling me that paying money to someone or for something shows its importance? Haven't you noticed that the most important things in life we do not pay for them? Indeed they are things money cannot even buy. If someone decides to serve mammon not God what has that got to do with you? If you want to be paid for writing songs and ushering why not ask or device a means to get paid? They are asking and people are giving them, what's your beef? Is it your money? We cannot deny Scriptures. I quoted it before maybe you skipped it. God has ordained that those who preach the gospel live of the gospel. If every time you preach and you feel you need some money and want to raise an offering from it, what stops you? If I know you personally or if God instructs me to correct you I might politely approach you to try to help you see your wrong. But aside that what business do I have judging you? We really should learn to mind our business. We get into trouble when we take upon us what isn't our duty. Remember that what is highly exalted among men is an abomination in God's sight.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
davien:
It's not meant to make you guilty or are you feeling guilty?....Anyone here who isn't biased can see what i'm saying....you just opened a thread in an open forum for yourself and excluded any other opinion but those that you're okay with..
First off, I didn't open this thread.

Two, we won't be having this conversation if I excluded you.

Three, is it a crime to open a thread for a certain purpose and for a certain group of people?

Four, you're still entitled to stating your opinions and sentiments. Don't forget though, that they don't necessarily equate statements of facts.

Finally and perhaps most importantly, I have noticed you, okay? Like seriously. I mean I'm yet to open your profile though and check out your posts because I've not seen a reason for that. But all the same, I am still wondering what part of the owner's manual for this thread you do not understand.

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by davien(m): 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

First off, I didn't open this thread.
sorry,my mistake...

Two, we won't be having this conversation if I excluded you.
It is my opinion you wish to exclude..

Three, is it a crime to open a thread for a certain purpose and for a certain group of people?
No it's not a crime..but then you are in an open forum so there is no such thing as an isolated topic..

Four, you're still entitled to stating your opinions and sentiments. Don't forget though, that they don't necessarily equate statements of facts.
I never claimed anything to be a fact so far nor shoved any opinion on anyone...i simply want that question answered if it's not too much trouble..

Finally and perhaps most importantly, I have noticed you, okay? Like seriously. I mean I'm yet to open your profile though and check out your posts because I've not seen a reason for that. But all the same, I am still wondering what part of the owner's manual for this thread you do not understand.
I understand it and i've pointed out to also have been a "winner",and then forwarded a question you keep sweeping quitely under the rug with cheap diversion tactics..
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
davien:
sorry,my mistake...
It is my opinion you wish to exclude..
No it's not a crime..but then you are in an open forum so there is no such thing as an isolated topic..
I never claimed anything to be a fact so far nor shoved any opinion on anyone...i simply want that question answered if it's not too much trouble..
I understand it and i've pointed out to also have been a "winner",and then forwarded a question you keep sweeping quitely under the rug with cheap diversion tactics..
Sir, do have a restful night and visions of heaven. I'm out please. Many thanks for your time. Blessings. :-)
Re: Believers' Place by davien(m): 11:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

Sir, do have a restful night and visions of heaven. I'm out please. Many thanks for your time. Blessings. :-)
Besides the "heaven" part,i'll try to....you also try to avoid contradictory views both in theology and in the real world...that's definitely how to broaden knowledge and find solutions to problems..

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
Lol, what a long day! Good night fam.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 6:24am On Jul 18, 2015
Oh, the joys of those who do not follow evil men's advice, who do not hang around sinners, scoffing at the things of God: But they delight in doing everything God wants them to, and day and night are always meditating on His laws and thinking about ways to follow His more closely. They are like trees along a river bank bearing luscious fruit each season without fail. Their leaves shall never wither, and all they do shall prosper. But for sinners, what a different story! They blow away like chaff before the wind. They are not safe on Judgement Day; they shall not stand among the godly. For the Lord watches over all the plans and paths of godly men, but the paths of the godless lead to doom.

3 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
I know that's Psalm 1 @HFOG even though it's a different version from my bible. But reading your post just made it look like fresh words to me. Thanks for sharing smiley

I hope everyone's weekend is going great? Mine has been great. I started with Father today and when I spend so much time with Him after I awake, my whole day just seems to be so different. It's just awesome to put Him first in our lives as every other thing would automatically fall into place. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? / Two Die As Church Building Collapses During Service In Taraba (photos) / Happy 50th Birthday To Pastor Sam Adeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.