Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Believers' Place - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers' Place (13622 Views)

Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / Bible Believers Games / Bible Believers Challenge #biblebelieverschallenge Day1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

Jesus and the Apostles didn't explicitly teach on the issue of tithe. However they spoke a lot about giving of which we can conveniently say that tithe is a part of. Whoever is struggling to meticulously ensure he doesn't give above/below that 10% or he doesn't give it to certain people still has a long way to go. Someone is still struggling with tithe when God's calling us to a higher level of giving with the understanding that He owns us and all we have. Like Jesus was, I just wish we'll be balanced. He said...Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith...
He wasn't commending the religious rulers in His days. In this same chapter hear what He told the multitudes and His disciples
The scribes and Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not...
Is Christ contradicting Himself? How could He ask His disciples to keep obeying those rulers He had publicly corrected? Not at all. He's simply placing a balance and putting everyone where they belong. On one hand the people teaching and collecting the tithes have missed it yet He instructs His followers to obey their teachings (including teachings on tithe. Remember the pharisee that proudly prayed to God in the temple he made reference to paying his tithe and fasting among other things). So we are not the ones to set things in order. Do your part - give liberally and cheerfully. Wherever or to whoever or for whatever should be a consequence of your relationship with God. And you're not to judge others who do not give exactly as you do.
Am sorry you are limited in knowledge.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

I'm trying hard to believe you're learning. Sometimes you speak like you're already made up and you're just looking for what to criticize. I can only trust God to give us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him...
I learn dear from brethens........ can be inscrutable sometimes.... but I learn.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

Quoting those verses here would be quite burdensome. I've just read them. The instruction is that they bring their tithes, have a feast, eat together and remember the widows, levites etc. That's quite clear sir. What I asked however was where we are instructed to supervise and ensure that those things are done. Also where we are told that we must stop giving tithe if it is not used as expected. We must stay within the bounds of the Bible please. I am not cut out for elaborate talks on this please. We use Scriptures to interpret Scriptures. We do not pick and interpret Scriptures in isolation. Generally when God gives us instructions, they are without conditions. For example, love your enemies. Pray for them that persecute you. Honour your father and mother. Pay your tax. Etc. Whatever the recipients of these instructions do or do not do is no excuse for us to flaunt His instructions. We do not honour our parents because they're good or perfect or right. We do not love our enemies because they always end up changing. We do what we're asked to do because we're asked to do it irrespective of what anyone else does. Let me tie up what I'm saying. That reference doesn't tell us to quit paying tithes if the leaders in the temple stop using it faithfully. Two, that Scripture is part of the Old covenant as it deals with what to eat and what not to eat. But we know from Jesus' words that what we eat does not defile us. Three, there are a number of other Scriptures that say a lot more about tithe than the aspect of eating and feasting. We can't make this the ultimate and use it in isolation. Please note that I do not personally have an issue with tithe. I'm doing all this talk because I feel you're trying to nullify the whole essence of tithe giving because YOU FEEL that many religious leaders have dealt unfaithfully and greedily with tithes and offerings.
Look at you dear.....You think am against tithe? No am not! am only against greediness and traditions on Tithe.
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Look at you dear.....You think am against tithe? No am not! am only against greediness and traditions on Tithe.

Lol. The funniest thing is that none of us here created those traditions, neither are we tithe collectors to be greedy about it. We are tithe payers and by God's grace won't cease paying wink

In other words, you should go and find your right audience. I mean those that would actually get moved by your words. Probably those pastors you call greedy. smiley

All you've been giving are excuses that would support your non payment of your tithe. Bros, me I no go support you, aunt HFOG won't support you either and maybe a few others won't also. tongue

Just rest. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

Lol. The funniest thing is that none of us here created those traditions, neither are we tithe collectors to be greedy about it. We are tithe payers and by God's grace won't cease paying wink

In other words, you should go and find your right audience. I mean those that would actually get moved by your words. Probably those pastors you call greedy. smiley

All you've been giving are excuses that would support your non payment of your tithe. Bros, me I no go support you, aunt HFOG won't support you either and maybe a few others won't also. tongue

Just rest. cheesy
Am opening a blog soon to correct things

Between I pay my tithe ......and that's where you get it wrong
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:
I know that's Psalm 1 @HFOG even though it's a different version from my bible. But reading your post just made it look like fresh words to me. Thanks for sharing smiley

I hope everyone's weekend is going great? Mine has been great. I started with Father today and when I spend so much time with Him after I awake, my whole day just seems to be so different. It's just awesome to put Him first in our lives as every other thing would automatically fall into place. wink
Many thanks for your kind words sir. That's The Living Bible I used there. Yeah, starting the day with Father makes the day pleasurable and prepares us for all that the day holds.

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Oh? You do pay? Why then do you pay if you get pained? You might miss the blessings for paying and then complaining thereafter.

Well, since you probably ay in a church where your pastor makes you feel like tithe is a do or die affair, I believe you have a choice to go to another church where they hardly mention it and they don't make you feel like they live off your tithe. In my church, I can't even remember the last time the pastor hammered on paying tithes and people do pay every week.

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 6:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Okay sir. I hope you have time too to examine yourself as we're instructed to do in the Word. Remember that as you point a finger at others at least three others are pointing back at you.

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:

I wish you'll put half as much passion in spreading the good news. You asked before if I do not wonder why the gospel isn't spreading as it did in the early church. I think it's majorly because you and I are not going into the world as the Lord said we should. Philip turned the whole of Samaria to Jesus so did the Samaritan woman at the well. Leave those men who are not doing anything. Focus on yourself. How many souls have you won for the Lord? God's looking for a man. Aren't you one?

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
I learn dear from brethens........ can be inscrutable sometimes.... but I learn.
Okay then. Good to know.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Am sorry you are limited in knowledge.
No need to apologize at all. That's a statement of fact. I am very aware that I know in part. Eagerly expecting His return when I'll know as I am known.

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

I wish you'll put half as much passion in spreading the good news. You asked before if I do not wonder why the gospel isn't spreading as it did in the early church. I think it's majorly because you and I are not going into the world as the Lord said we should. Philip turned the whole of Samaria to Jesus so did the Samaritan woman at the well. Leave those men who are not doing anything. Focus on yourself. How many souls have you won for the Lord? God's looking for a man. Aren't you one?
When I said I learn from you you wouldn't believe me right? You know Christ waited 30yrs to began his ministry... .am waiting for the time to go out there and do what God sent me to do dear....but first some things needs to be cleared...
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

Okay sir. I hope you have time too to examine yourself as we're instructed to do in the Word. Remember that as you point a finger at others at least three others are pointing back at you.
The spiritual man judges everything without himself being judged. Dear you are getting it wrong but one thing have seen in your writings is we should Stop discussing things that don't move the Gospel forward instead of quibbling on words.And I think you are right nobody has been blessed by our words on tithe... So Let me ask you got any idea how I can get to move the Gospel forward in my area considering I work 6hrs a day?

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

Oh? You do pay? Why then do you pay if you get pained? You might miss the blessings for paying and then complaining thereafter.

Well, since you probably ay in a church where your pastor makes you feel like tithe is a do or die affair, I believe you have a choice to go to another church where they hardly mention it and they don't make you feel like they live off your tithe. In my church, I can't even remember the last time the pastor hammered on paying tithes and people do pay every week.
Sorry bro you are failing the Christains
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:

I'm failing christians? Lol. cheesy Mehn, na you sabi. Besides, christians are humans. I'll rather NOT FAIL God; that's all that really matters. wink

And you should really listen to HFOG and end this talk already. It's not getting anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

I'm failing christians? Lol. cheesy Mehn, na you sabi. Besides, christians are humans. I'll rather NOT FAIL God; that's all that really matters. wink

And you should really listen to HFOG and end this talk already. It's not getting anywhere.
Perhaps you don't take your time to read my replies to her. .

You fail a Christain you fail God.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:

You sound hurt. I hope I'm wrong :-(
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Perhaps you don't take your time to read my replies to her. .

You fail a Christain you fail God.
Not always true. Sometimes a Christian can get out of tune with God.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

You sound hurt. I hope I'm wrong :-(
Glad to know you care but I don't get hurt or get offended by anything ...strange right? But that's what God has done for me in Christ....

Guess you are married with kids right? Well say Hi to family...

And on my question you haven't giving an answer to it....

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The spiritual man judges everything without himself being judged. Dear you are getting it wrong but one thing have seen in your writings is we should Stop discussing things that don't move the Gospel forward instead of quibbling on words.And I think you are right nobody has been blessed by our words on tithe... So Let me ask you got any idea how I can get to move the Gospel forward in my area considering I work 6hrs a day?
It takes a great man to acknowledge his wrongs. I'm humbled by your words and I'll be honoured if you indeed reduce the tithe talk. About spreading the gospel despite your schedule...give me some time to respond.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Glad to know you care but I don't get hurt or get offended by anything ...strange right? But that's what God has done for me in Christ....

Guess you are married with kids right? Well say Hi to family...

And on my question you haven't giving an answer to it....
Oh...I'm relieved. Glad I was wrong. Yep, I'm married and blessed with a sunshine - baby girl. Would extend your regards. What about you?
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

Not always true. Sometimes a Christian can get out of tune with God.
Yea perhaps but the light remains....The Scripture says "We should correct one another in the Spirit of humbleness" Now look at our discussions despite of our differences in views we still talk with such understanding and love...compare that with his chattings does that look Christain in any way?

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

Oh...I'm relieved. Glad I was wrong. Yep, I'm married and blessed with a sunshine - baby girl. Would extend your regards. What about you?
Wow!! a baby girl....what a blessing that is....

You know.....am a kid.....20 coming August....Seeing your beautiful girl I wish I will marry in life......

You know I believe people meeting each other is a divine plan from God....and meeting you I think is one...

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Wow!! a baby girl....what a blessing that is....

You know.....am a kid.....20 coming August....Seeing your beautiful girl I wish I will marry in life......

You know I believe people meeting each other is a divine plan from God....and meeting you I think is one...

I believe that too. How come you're working already? Are you through with school?
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Yea perhaps but the light remains....The Scripture says "We should correct one another in the Spirit of humbleness" Now look at our discussions despite of our differences in views we still talk with such understanding and love...compare that with his chattings does that look Christain in any way?
But we're not all the same you know. We need to give ourselves some allowance. You guys are placing me in between. I feel odd. Wish you two would relate just fine.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

I wish you'll be milder with him :-(
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

I wish you'll be milder with him :-(

I'm sorry. sad It's probably because we're both guys, I'm acting stern. That's why I called you my aunt in the Lord for the maturity I see. Anyway, I'll rather be mute than sound harsh next time. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
So, we thank God for today. Tomorrow is a busy day for me and I have but a short time to prepare tonight for tomorrow's service. Have a lovely night everyone and a great time in His presence tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

I believe that too. How come you're working already? Are you through with school?
Graduated 2012 from secondary school.......had my O'level once(took a prayer to God to get that done...and after it was done I continued with my sinful life; cos have not been found by then)..........wrote JAMB and Post JAMB 2013 passed.....yet not given admission (Glad I wasn't... cos it will be devastating)

Christ found me you know cos am the one lost....but He thought me a lot of things....like all I know Christ taught me...You know God told me to overcome challenges I had to put him first in all things and attach no importance to non spiritual things(Glad he gave me the grace to obey; cos I faced war from my parent cos of my Faith in Christ.....you know.....they had curse me and do things to get me angry and offended.....call me bastard and all that......threatened to Stop sponsoring my education not knowing I have giving God the first place and education or no education I had survived; I learnt What patience is through this storm )

Currently working for a Prof as a Library Attendant......students things you know..... pursuing my education though....Waiting for OAU to release their postutme.... cos I put in for Biochemistry.... actually I put in for Medicine but I thank God I didn't score high like I expected..... as that will give me a chance to produce my album once am in school..

I should have told you God give me the gift of worship... changed my voice too... given me more than 150 songs of praise.... you know like Don moen.... and inspirations to write too... like four books now he has given me insight to write on and am Even yet to start... they are "Understanding His Deeds And Miracles", "In Defense of The Truth", "The Ancient Path" and "The Testimonies"

But when I see you I believe you are a blessing to me.....cos I must tell you the Truth I don't know which one to start with...

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

I'm sorry. sad It's probably because we're both guys, I'm acting stern. That's why I called you my aunt in the Lord for the maturity I see. Anyway, I'll rather be mute than sound harsh next time. Thanks smiley
You're making me smile. Many thanks for your humble words. God bless your heart. You shouldn't be mute altogether. Your posts did some good your know. You'll just add some gentleness when necessary and everything will be okay. :-)
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
HFOG:

Graduated 2012 from secondary school.......had my O'level once(took a prayer to God to get that done...and after it was done I continued with my sinful life; cos have not been found by then)..........wrote JAMB and Post JAMB 2013 passed.....yet not given admission (Glad I wasn't... cos it will be devastating)

Christ found me you know cos am the one lost....but He thought me a lot of things....like all I know Christ taught me...You know God told me to overcome challenges I had to put him first in all things and attach no importance to non spiritual things(Glad he gave me the grace to obey; cos I faced war from my parent cos of my Faith in Christ.....you know.....they had curse me and do things to get me angry and offended.....call me bastard and all that......threatened to Stop sponsoring my education not knowing I have giving God the first place and education or no education I had survived; I learnt What patience is through this storm )

Currently working for a Prof as a Library Attendant......students things you know..... pursuing my education though....Waiting for OAU to release their postutme.... cos I put in for Biochemistry.... actually I put in for Medicine but I thank God I didn't score high like I expected..... as that will give me a chance to produce my album once am in school..

I should have told you God give me the gift of worship... changed my voice too... given me more than 150 songs of praise.... you know like Don moen.... and inspirations to write too... like four books now he has given me insight to write on and am Even yet to start... they are "Understanding His Deeds And Miracles", "In Defense of The Truth", "The Ancient Path" and "The Testimonies"

But when I see you I believe you are a blessing to me.....cos I must tell you the Truth I don't know which one to start with...
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Woooow! You've swept me off my feet with this lengthy mail. Give me time to digest it please. Maybe by tomorrow or so I'll have the right words to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? / Summerise The Bible In One Sentence / Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.