Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Believers' Place - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers' Place (13635 Views)

Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / Bible Believers Games / Bible Believers Challenge #biblebelieverschallenge Day1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 5:08am On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

Our lives and bodies are owned by God. So what do we own?

Again, we say our lives are a gift from God. Meaning God gave us life as a gift. So if God gifted us a life, saying he owes us is like we're a debt onto Him.
Let me try. How do I illustrate this? Hmm. The president of our nation was elected (rigged or not) and one way or the other found himself as the first citizen of this blessed nation. Truth is he is in charge and can do as he pleases. Nigeria's resources are at his disposal. It's his for the looting or spending or investing.

But isn't that only half of the truth? Does that paint the whole picture? Would he be there forever? Doesn't he stand the risk of being voted out or eliminated/killed? And if things were ideal in this world, shouldn't he give an account of his tenure when it is over?

Don't know how much sense this makes to you but our president is there by trust and that trust is a gift. If he sees it as his right and so squanders the opportunity would that be a wise choice?

Life is a gift to us because we didn't create ourselves. We never chose our gender, parents, race, siblings, tribe or birth date. We simply found ourselves here. Moreover we know that we can't create another. In that sense life is a gift. It is also a gift because we do not choose our death date except we opt for suicide of course. So many (younger, older, wiser, more foolish, holier, more sinful, richer, poorer, better, worse and what have you) are no more alive. Not necessarily because of anything they did or did not do. So when we wake up to the dawn of a new day we know beyond a doubt that life's been given to us as a gift or trust or privilege - whichever makes more sense to you. Take the process of sleeping (complete unconsciousness) and breathing (free air) for example. Who do we pay to have all these? Do we really deserve it?

On the other side of the coin, our life is not ours. Isn't that obvious? You do have complete charge over your property, don't you? But do we have complete charge over our lives? Can we quit living (breathing) at will and return to live at will for as long as we wish to?

For two major reasons God owns our lives. One, creation. Two, redemption. Life is yours in the sense that you're consciously living it - decisions, thoughts and actions. But it's not really yours because you didn't make it and you have no right to take it. It's simply a gift and opportunity God's entrusted to you. You make of it whatever you want to but remember that ...God will judge us for everything we do, including every hidden thing, good or bad.

Haven't you yet learned that your body is the home of the Holy Spirit God gave you, and that He lives within you? Your own body does not belong to you. For God has bought you with a great price. So use every part of your body to give glory back to God, because He owns it.

I have been crucified with Christ: and I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And the real life I now have within this body is a result of my trusting in the son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Re: Believers' Place by kaboninc(m): 7:09am On Jul 17, 2015
BreezyRita:
Kaboninc, are you an atheist?? Are you here to contest our beliefs??
Please , I need to know this first.

To answer your question, am NOT an atheists.

These questions I ask are questions faithful do ponder about themselves.

I have lots and doubts BUT it doesn't make me an atheists. So dear, am not here to contest your beliefs but seek answers or insights. If you have any, I would love to read it.

Good morning!

Cc: HFOG

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

Here we go...
I can do anything I want to if Christ has not said no, but some of these things aren't good for me. Even if I'm allowed to do them, I'll refuse to if I think they might get such a grip on me that I can't easily stop when I want to. For instance, take the matter of eating. God has given us an appetite for food and stomachs to digest it. But that doesn't mean we should eat more than we need. Don't think of eating as important, because some day God will do away with both stomachs and eating.

You are certainly free to eat food offered to idols if you want to; it's not against God's laws to eat such meat, but that doesn't mean you should go ahead and do it. It maybe perfectly legal, but it may not be best and helpful. Don't think only of yourself. Try to think of the other fellow, too, and what is best for him.

Lol, you sound like you're preaching to me or trying to convince me. All you've done is to actually make what all I said lucid by expatiating on it with those examples.

Thanks for that smiley

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 7:32am On Jul 17, 2015
I'll like to use an example of worldly/secular music. Before 2013, I used to listen to all them lil wayne, drake, eminem, name them even though some of their lyrics were so raw. But my love for God then was still in it's babyhood stage. I wanted to stop but I didn't look for a replacement to aid in stopping. Then I'll go back to my secular.

But when I was growing in God for real, replacements came automatically. In fact I didn't know there was such a huge gospel music ministry out there then. Right now, all those songs are past tense and my gospel songs are over a thousand now and to go back to secular, for me, is impossible.

Some might say secular music is not bad; well, if such songs would always talk about girls, money and others, making me think more on those things and shifting my focus from God, then na, I can't be a fan of such.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 7:38am On Jul 17, 2015
But how can you know what God says when you don't spend sufficient time reading and meditating on His Word?
I'd like to speak on the power of Word study and meditation today....
Ma HFOG has said it all.

But while reading Joyce Meyer's Battlefield Of The Mind, I realised the power of thoughts cannot be over emphasized. Our thoughts are us. They are powerful. They become words and actions. And having negative thoughts means you are negative in person. Bad thoughts produce bad attitudes. There's no two ways about it. But the Bible helps us in this. God has given us a way out.
Joshua 1:8 - This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

When most Christians hear of meditation, they become wary due to the meditation practices of pagan and occult religions. We must therefore be wise enough to realise that if meditation produces such power for evil, there's no end to the power it can produce for the cause of good. . Psalms 1:2-3 speaks also of the godly man. 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

There is no end to what God can show us out of one verse of Scripture. The Bible is one dynamic book!
I've studied a certain verse one time and got one thing, another time see something new that I did not even notice before.

God keeps revealing His secrets to those who are diligent about the Word. Most times, we want to live off of someone else's revelation. Study the word yourself and allow the Holy Spirit to bless your life with truth.

Meditation on God's Word is one of the most important things we can learn to do. All day long, as you go about your daily affairs, ask the Holy Spirit to remind you of certain Scriptures so you van meditate on them. The more you meditate on God's Word, the more you will be able to readily draw upon its strength in times of trouble. "The entrance of His gives light and gives understanding to the simple".
What's more?? It takes away negative thoughts and keep us God-minded! I know this. Many times I've found myself in a place where I'm about to say or do something ungodly. And suddenly a scripture enters into my mind and I'm reminded it is wrong.

We have the mind of Christ - 1Corinthians 2:16. So if Christ wouldn't think it, we shouldn't!

Memory verse: Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

By this continual "watching" our thoughts, we begin yo bring every thought captive unto the obedience of Jesus Christ - 2Corinthians 10:5

Peace!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Believers' Place by kaboninc(m): 7:53am On Jul 17, 2015
Hi HFOG

Good morning to you.

Thanks for your reply. It was very clear and precise.

However without the existence of other things like the air we breathe, life is meaningless. So life exist because these other things exist.

On the leader elected by the people, of course he will be judged because we gave him our trust to lead us. Because we "needed" a leader to lead us and take us to the next level (wherever the last level may be). To avoid chaos. But for life, where will I be if I was not living in the first place? Will I be existing?

I also understand the need to be judged because there are lots of injustice in the world. Some need to be compensated for good things they've done. I understand that we need to be conscious of the fact that someday, we'll be judged. Hence we must put ourselves in order.

When we say life is a gift, does it then mean that we were once existing? Somewhere and God decides to bring us here and "gift" us "life" like a "second chance"? And ask us to live and some of us mess up and some do not and we get judged and thrown away into some hell dungeon and others to some paradise?

What of infants who die out of a cause that's not theirs? What happen to their "gift"? Would they be given another "chance"? The Bible recorded of a place where God said he'd visit the iniquities of our fathers up to the fourth generation. So those born in these generations were "gifted" a life of a "wrath" from God?

What of children born with terminal diseases...were they "gifted" such life?

These questions and lots more are just there. So please don't take me as an atheist. Btw, have you seen the mail I sent you?

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:00am On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

To answer your question, am NOT an atheists.

These questions I ask are questions faithful do ponder about themselves.

I have lots and doubts BUT it doesn't make me an atheists. So dear, am not here to contest your beliefs but seek answers or insights. If you have any, I would love to read it.

Good morning!

Cc: HFOG

Sir, I'll drop 3 verses for you.

1. 1 Tim 1:4 "neither pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which cause disputes, rather than God’s stewardship, which is in faith"
2. 2 Tim 2:16 "But shun empty chatter, for it will increase unto more ungodliness,"
3. Titus 3:9 "But avoid foolish questionings, genealogies, strife, and disputes about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain."

I don't know whether you're a christian but I just took out those verses from the Holy Bible. That Book is so complete! I am a very curious individual too, having questions that no one can give me an answer to and I'll get satisfied with the answer. We're humans, and it's good to question somethings.

But I realised that the devil backs me up in my questioning. How? At some point, I'll just want to cease staying in my faith. Meaning I'll just want to become an atheist or an agnostic but those verses set me free. Asking so many questions would lead to more ungodliness, would lead to arguements, and strives as the bible says.

So, my own is just to believe what I have in my Bible ALONE. And the main thing is to come to the knowledge of the truth that Jesus Chirst is the only way to eternal life. Any other thing is trivial.

A gospel musician, Lecrae said “If I’m wrong about God then I wasted my life. If you’re wrong about God then you wasted your eternity.” Wow! That's just one mad summary. It made me realise there's nothing to lose believing in Jesus. And if Jesus is not real, then I've wasted my life serving Him on earth, but if He is and I don't serve Him, I've wasted my life now on earth and in eternity. That's something to cogitate deeply on.

God Bless smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 8:08am On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

Tithe isn't part of the law , Abraham paid tithes and that was way before the law came. You can check genesis14:18-20.
Omg. ..I will love this. I need some time to sit n explain this very well cos i think it's a law.

brb
Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 8:18am On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

1. 1 Tim 1:4 "neither pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which cause disputes, rather than God’s stewardship, which is in faith"
2. 2 Tim 2:16 "But shun empty chatter, for it will increase unto more ungodliness,"
3. Titus 3:9 "But avoid foolish questionings, genealogies, strife, and disputes about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain."

I don't know whether you're a christian but I just took out those verses from the Holy Bible. That Book is so complete! I am a very curious individual too, having questions that no one can give me an answer to and I'll get satisfied with the answer. We're humans, and it's good to question somethings.

But I realised that the devil backs me up in my questioning. How? At some point, I'll just want to cease staying in my faith. Meaning I'll just want to become an atheist or an agnostic but those verses set me free. Asking so many questions would lead to more ungodliness, would lead to arguements, and strives as the bible says.

So, my own is just to believe what I have in my Bible ALONE. And the main thing is to come to the knowledge of the truth that Jesus Chirst is the only way to eternal life. Any other thing is trivial.

A gospel musician, Lecrae said “If I’m wrong about God then I wasted my life. If you’re wrong about God then you wasted your eternity.” Wow! That's just one mad summary. It made me realise there's nothing to lose believing in Jesus. And if Jesus is not real, then I've wasted my life serving Him on earth, but if He is and I don't serve Him, I've wasted my life now on earth and in eternity. That's something to cogitate deeply on.

God Bless smiley
I love this. ..looked for those scriptures n didn't fine dem. tanks alot
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 17, 2015
Hi guys
Re: Believers' Place by kaboninc(m): 8:22am On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

God Bless smiley

There are some questions that are really unprofitable. There are some questions that are fo.olish.

However, some questions are not. These questions help to strengthen your faith in whatever you believe in. Don't you think asking us not to ask these questions is unfair and could be a way to "hide" things from us?

We refer to the Bible as a perfect dynamic book. Both close reading of it would reveal some contradictions - I know most people will hold me here - but even real Christians (even some pastors) cannot deny it.

Have you observed that those who just decide to be Christians in their heart, do so not because of any compelling or fear - as we see these days, or dwelling on such verse that says we shouldn't ask some pertinent questions?

It is like saying I should have faith. If I have faith and exercise patience, and things are just not working, don't you think I'll begin to question my faith? Or maybe something has not happened to you that really shook your faith.

I could also ask you questions that could shake your beliefs especially when you use the Bible as your yard stick. But I won't. I've seen things. Am very observant.
Re: Believers' Place by kaboninc(m): 8:27am On Jul 17, 2015
Alezy:
well I do t think they (Christians) re selective in that aspect.
We are all humans. think of it, would u rather pick on a cause of negative scripture that does not really av a positive meaning to ur life at that moment than pick a positive scripture that will help u positively in all ramifications? ? that should answer ur question.

Maybe you should throw more light on "negative" and "positive" scriptures.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 17, 2015
OP, do something about the title of the thread, if you can. I almost avoided it due to its caption.

Good works here. For now, I'm just on the sidelines.

I advise you keep off contentious issues FOR NOW!
Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 8:50am On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

Tithe isn't part of the law , Abraham paid tithes and that was way before the law came. You can check genesis14:18-20.
well lemme just let u kw this. sure Abraham actually paid tithe but that was tithing under grace and not tithing under any law. And yes its ok to pay tithe but my problem with the church is they make it look really big as a law.

my point is tithing can be done under any circumstances, u must not walk tru the door of the church before it's said that u have paid ur tithe. A well known church I once attended, I really don't want to make mention now. I noticed the pastor saying it in quote "as long as it's not here, it not a tithe" and I have noticed it been taken same way in 99 percent of churches in Nigeria.
Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 8:54am On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Hi guys
Welcome sir! Good to have you here.

Dearpreye, I'm thinking of a better title.
Help needed please.
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2015
Alezy:
I love this. ..looked for those scriptures n didn't fine dem. tanks alot

You're welcome Sir. I'm glad I shared smiley

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

Maybe you should throw more light on "negative" and "positive" scriptures.
sometimes wen u read some chapters in the bible, u just discover it's talks about the life of some ppl and it might be of no use to u at the point. what am trying to say here is, u kw what u want from God's word/book, it has the answer to all question so if there is a burden in a particular area in ur life, all u need is an answer to that burden with the right scriptures.
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2015
dearpreye:
OP, do something about the title of the thread, if you can. I almost avoided it due to its caption.

Good works here. For now, I'm just on the sidelines.

I advise you keep off contentious issues FOR NOW!

Lol, @ first statetement, my second.
@ last statement, yes, such issues are trivial. I came here so that we'll exhort one another as Hebrews 3:10 says. For arguments, God told me to avoid them, so I just can't argue.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 9:04am On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG. ..I didn't want to quote the whole stuff but I grab what u said. I just think u were at the middle which is the most important, u didn't want to push left or right. Thanks anyway.

hope ur having a good day.

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 9:11am On Jul 17, 2015
Alezy:
well lemme just let u kw this. sure Abraham actually paid tithe but that was tithing under grace and not tithing under any law. And yes its ok to pay tithe but my problem with the church is they make it look really big as a law.

my point is tithing can be done under any circumstances, u must not walk tru the door of the church before it's said that u have paid ur tithe. A well known church I once attended, I really don't want to make mention now. I noticed the pastor saying it in quote "as long as it's not here, it not a tithe" and I have noticed it been taken same way in 99 percent of churches in Nigeria.

As much as I'd love to stay away from this very topic„ I needed to say this:

Tithing has become quite a topic of debate in church today. Your tithing should be done in a living church. Not just that, but one through which you're being fed spiritually.
Tithing is a covenant. And we know our God is a covenant- keeping God. Malachi 3:10 10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts. 12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.
Its a covenant platform for prosperity.

I'm trying to be faithful with my tithes. And I know how "blessed" I am when I do. This is a different kind of giving entirely.

You said Abraham paid tithe under grace and not the law. Are we not in the era of grace??
Whether the church makes it seem bad or not, it is our place to know the truth and walk in it.
Tell me this: Does the fact the planes crash stop people from flying?? No. They still do and get to their destinations.

Same thing goes here. The fact that "some" people teach wrongly on this issue shouldn't stop you from paying your tithes and receiving your blessings!

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

There are some questions that are really unprofitable. There are some questions that are fo.olish.

However, some questions are not. These questions help to strengthen your faith in whatever you believe in. Don't you think asking us not to ask these questions is unfair and could be a way to "hide" things from us?

We refer to the Bible as a perfect dynamic book. Both close reading of it would reveal some contradictions - I know most people will hold me here - but even real Christians (even some pastors) cannot deny it.

Have you observed that those who just decide to be Christians in their heart, do so not because of any compelling or fear - as we see these days, or dwelling on such verse that says we shouldn't ask some pertinent questions?

It is like saying I should have faith. If I have faith and exercise patience, and things are just not working, don't you think I'll begin to question my faith? Or maybe something has not happened to you that really shook your faith.

I could also ask you questions that could shake your beliefs especially when you use the Bible as your yard stick. But I won't. I've seen things. Am very observant.

My brother, I'm intransigent, I'm obdurate, I'm obstinate concerning my beliefs! There's NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING that you would ask or say that would shake my faith. Hehe. I've read things too, I've seen things too, and I've given up on such things because of those verses I shared initially.

But, why would you want my faith to be shaken though? Is that your motive/goal here? Let me tell you Sir, you'll fail with me. You say things shook your faith? Hmm. What are those things? What are those beliefs? You mentioned patience, have you lived as old as Abraham to know what patience is? Lol.

All I can tell you is if you're in the WRONG CHURCH, you should find another now. Because not all churches are doing the work of the Kingdom genuinely. And if it's you doing things wrongly, then you need to search for those having things working from them and learn from them. So, it's left to you.
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:15am On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Hi guys

Hi. You're welcome. smiley
Re: Believers' Place by kaboninc(m): 9:19am On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

My brother, I'm intransigent, I'm obdurate, I'm obstinate concerning my beliefs! There's NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING that you would ask or say that would shake my faith. Hehe. I've read things too, I've seen things too, and I've given up on such things because of those verses I shared initially.

But, why would you want my faith to be shaken though? Is that your motive/goal here? Let me tell you Sir, you'll fail with me. You say things shook your faith? Hmm. What are those things? What are those beliefs? You mentioned patience, have you lived as old as Abraham to know what patience is? Lol.

All I can tell you is if you're in the WRONG CHURCH, you should find another now. Because not all churches are doing the work of the Kingdom genuinely. And if it's you doing things wrongly, then you need to search for those having things working from them and learn from them. So, it's left to you.

This is not a contest or war! Maybe you didn't ask some questions like I've asked here.

I'll let it slide and end with "OK"

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

This is not a contest or war! Maybe you didn't ask some questions like I've asked here.

I'll let it slide and end with "OK"

War? Not at all. After all, I called you brother. smiley

I saw a thread on a guy who claims he was once a christian, and he became a satanist because of the questions he was asking and he didn't get answers to. Now he thinks he has found his answers in satanism. Well, you just have to take a chill on questions, because you may cross the line.

I hope you remain in the race. I trust that things would work soon if you keep believing and walking with God a day at a time.

God bless us. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2015
BreezyRita don't get me wrong dear, I don't joke with my title. who am I not to pay when I know the blessings that come with it.
There re parts that really do not count anymore if u look at it as tithing in grace. For instance, it says we rub God when we don't pay our title and I think there re some list of negative things to happen when we don't comply with paying our tithe. my point is, these don't count anymore as we are in the era of grace. right now no cause of what so ever comes upon u when u don't pay your tithe.
I stick to paying my tithe cos Abraham n even Paul paid in grace and also the blessings that comes with it works. alot of ppl don't understand that it should not be done as a law anymore.

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by kaboninc(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2015
Alezy:

The two bold statements describe exactly what I was saying.

There's tithe by grace and there was tithe by law. The tithe by law said 10 percent. And it was so because of the civil structure of Israel's community.

We're now under grace (by Paul) but we make reference to things that happened under the law in our various congregations since it "pleases" us and use psychology to coerce people into submission. When you don't, you're expunged. (I'll talk about this excommunication at another time)

Why "must" I part 10 percent of my income rather than I be "persuaded"?
Re: Believers' Place by kaboninc(m): 9:51am On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

War? Not at all. After all, I called you brother. smiley

I saw a thread on a guy who claims he was once a christian, and he became a satanist because of the questions he was asking and he didn't get answers to. Now he thinks he has found his answers in satanism. Well, you just have to take a chill on questions, because you may cross the line.

I hope you remain in the race. I trust that things would work soon if you keep believing and walking with God a day at a time.

God bless us. smiley

Even if satanism and mysticism are the ONLY religions in the world, I WON'T be a member due to experience.

These questions I ask are based on what we were told. We all met these teachings and it formed the basis of what we are today. I question these teachings because they appear confusing.

God can be all loving and all. But how you tell me matters. I hope you get my drift.

There are those who left the occult and joined Christianity. And the reverse is the same. And they both "claimed" to have "peace".
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2015
On tithing, this is my story.

I didn't use to pay tithes before, not because I don't have but I didn't have a solid understanding on it. I would pay this month and the next time would be 3 months after. Not until I saw Malachi 8 - 12 for myself.

I wouldn't post those verses here but meditating on them set me free (and they would set you free if you meditate on them too). Forget that it's in the old testament, it's still God's word. Then coupled with John 3:27, 1 Cor 4:7 and some christian literature, I got my own revelation on giving generally (tithing, offering, others).

See, your pastor eats the tithe money shouldn't be your business. God only sees your heart and blesses you for what He sees in it. Now, if in your heart, you think your pastor would eat it when you're giving it, you'll lose its blessings because you didn't give cheerfully but grudgingly. Those pastors that hammer on paying tithe, some they do it for personal gains (with spiritual implications), some they do it because they know it's for your good.

Since I started paying my tithe consistently, I've not fallen sick. I've not lost any money. I've not tasted drugs (because He said I'll rebuke the devourer for my sake). I've been blessed all-round. And funny enough, this tithe was like #200 at some point. It became #1000. I know it'll get to millions because when God says He'll bless you for something, He means it. He even exalted His Word more than Himself. Ah :O

Mehn, the ball is in your court oo. When things are not working, don't blame God if you haven't done your part. He would not do His part either. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

Hi. You're welcome. smiley
Thanks bro...
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

Lol, you sound like you're preaching to me or trying to convince me. All you've done is to actually make what all I said lucid by expatiating on it with those examples.

Thanks for that smiley
Haha...was simply writing out those Scriptures you said we should read. Thought it would be easier for some folks. Me is not preaching to you in the least oh. Trust you had a restful night. Happy holidays!

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 17, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:
On tithing, this is my story.

I didn't used to pay tithes before, not because I don't have but I didn't have a solid understanding on it. I would pay this month and the next time would be 3 months after. Not until I saw Malachi 8 - 12 for myself.

I wouldn't post those verses here but meditating on them set me free (and they would set you free if you meditate on them too). Forget that it's in the old testament, it's still God's word. Then coupled with John 3:27, 1 Cor 4:7 and some christian literature, I got my own revelation on giving generally (tithing, offering, others).

See, your pastor eats the tithe money shouldn't be your business. God only sees your heart and blesses you for what He sees in it. Now, if in your heart, you think your pastor would eat it when you're giving it, you'll lose its blessings because you didn't give cheerfully but grudgingly. Those pastors that hammer on paying tithe, some they do it for personal gains (with spiritual implications), some they do it because they know it's for your good.

Since I started paying my tithe consistently, I've not fallen sick. I've not lost any money. I've not tasted drugs (because He said I'll rebuke the devourer for my sake). I've been blessed all-round. And funny enough, this tithe was like #200 at some point. It became #1000. I know it'll get to millions because when God says He'll bless you for something, He means it. He even exalted His Word more than Himself. Ah :O

Mehn, the ball is in your court oo. When things are not working, don't blame God if you haven't done your part. He would not do His part either. smiley
I have some questions on Tithe brother.

Who are we to pay tithe to?
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 17, 2015
Alezy:
BreezyRita don't get me wrong dear, I don't joke with my title. who am I not to pay when I know the blessings that come with it.
There re parts that really do not count anymore if u look at it as tithing in grace. For instance, it says we rub God when we don't pay our title and I think there re some list of negative things to happen when we don't comply with paying our tithe. my point is, these don't count anymore as we are in the era of grace. right now no cause of what so ever comes upon u when u don't pay your tithe.
I stick to paying my tithe cos Abraham n even Paul paid in grace and also the blessings that comes with it works. alot of ppl don't understand that it should not be done as a law anymore.
I agree with you brother....you are right scripturally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Will People's Prayers Work For Me After My Death? / How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.