Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Yar'adua As Successor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Yar'adua As Successor (515 Views)

Okorocha Plotting To Install Uche Nwosu, Son-in-law As Successor –APC Chieftain / Throwback Pictures Of "Where Is Umaru Yar'adua?" Protest In 2010 / Meet Late Musa Yar'adua's Daughters, All Married To Former State Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Yar'adua As Successor by Chinekepikin: 9:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has defended his choice of a successor before he leaving office in 2007.The former President was succeeded by former President UmaruYar’Adua, who died in office midway into his four-year tenure.

Obasanjo made the statement on Wednesday while giving his opinion about some views of persons who reviewed the book, “My Watch” that he may have subtly alluded to ‘poor judgement’ by the way he criticised those who came after him.

He, however, maintained that his administration was guided by facts available and the best judgement was made in the choice of members of his team and successor.

He added that those who engage in such criticism usually do not have all the facts.

Obasanjo made the disclosure in an exclusive interview with Channels Television at his residence in Abeokuta, Ogun State.“Even if you take your son as your successor, you are not sure of what he will do when he gets there.

Don’t ever kid yourself.“What do I know about any successor? What hepresents. When he gets there he presents it differently. We did our best, but if you say our best is not good enough, I will say, when it comes to your turn, do better.“With all the people that are available, for successor, what we came up with was about the best that, at that time, we could think of,” he said.The former President further stressed that he could not have selected someone he knew was corrupt for the position of President.“If I give the job to the corrupt, will I be able to defend myself before God and man?” he questioned.

Source:http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/07/obasanjo-defends-choice-yaradua-successor/
Re: Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Yar'adua As Successor by Middlefinger1: 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2015

Re: Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Yar'adua As Successor by donholy28(m): 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
D tin don pass...wetin we go use d news do now
Re: Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Yar'adua As Successor by Chibuhealth(f): 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
Incase it hit frnt page, call me 07038945509
Re: Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Yar'adua As Successor by oduastates: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nonsense.
Yaradua was a provincial governor.
A very local and unexposed one at that.
The same as Jonathan.
I can name 10 people who would have been better fit for the post.
On the matter of choosing successor, obasanjo should admit that His judgement is questionable .
3 times he has the chance( shagari,yaradua Jonathan )
3 times he made a mistake
Re: Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Yar'adua As Successor by kennydee05(m): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
The best President that never lived to serve Nigeria till capacity... RIP

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This 1993 Interview Of Obasanjo / Radio Biafra Operators Arrested, And Transmission Equipment's Seized / U.S. To Trace Nigerian Stolen Assets, Boost Military Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.