Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

How Can I Break The Oath? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Break The Oath? (2714 Views)

HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? / Should I Break My Engagement With Her / Should I Break My Engagement With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Break The Oath? by chijoy7(f): 11:48am On Jul 16, 2015
Hello AVL fans,I got married November 2013. We did traditional and white wedding. Since we got married we have been TTC (Trying To Conceive).
We have sought help from two doctors and my husband's sperm count was low while I had PID. 
We were treated and my husband was given some drugs to boost his sperm but still nothing.
He refused to see the doctor for another appointments saying he was ok that we should not discuss anything related to the matter again. 
So I left him and trusting God for a miracle. May this year my husband came back from work one night that he went to one church they told him am the cause of his downfall.
He said since he married me he has not been progressing that he can't continue living in bondage.
He said they told him my mum initiated me to a marine spirit and is affecting his progress.
I was surprised at his accusations and I told him people were misleading him that he should not fall for it. 
I told him to say what is in his mind and he should stop accussing me and my mum. 
The next day he drove me out of his house and sent all my loads to my parent's house.
He told them he doesn't want to see me near his house or else he will call police for me. He told my parents am a badluck to him and he has never progressed since he married me.
My parents were surprised at his behaviour and they were angry at him. My junior brother called him and was insulting him on phone for his actions,he insulted my brother back. 
The next day he brought some policemen to my parents house to arrest my brother,lying that my brother came to his house with some people at midnight to rob him.
We bailed my brother that very day. My parents told him that since he was no longer marrying me he should come and remove the oat he placed on my head cos he insisted I take an oat during our traditional marriage that no man will sleep with me except him.
Now that am not living with him any more am not free cos am under his bondage and I can't remarry in future if he didn't remove it .
He told my parents he must collect N150k for the money he spent on me and my parents collected N35k from him as the bride price.
He has refused to schedule a meeting with us to tell us the outcome of the N150. 
AVL fans please advice me because am not myself. 
I don't know what I did wrong to deserve these treatments from him.
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 16, 2015
commit suicide!
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Feranchek(m): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Zyzman: 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2015
Go to herbalist in ur village or church
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by kaima1984(f): 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
sweetie there is hope,cry no more,God is watching over u,just get down on ur knees n cry unto d Lord,he must surely answer,as for ur hussy i know he must regret it sonnest
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by freecocoa(f): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Let's pretend that the oath would have worked in the first place, but since he said he's no longer interested, doesn't that render the oath useless? Move on with your life.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by FlySly05: 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
I can't believe someone can be as desperate as you to marry under such conditions. Who does that these days, I mean taking oath with a partner because you feel its "love". Have you ever thought about different circumstances occurring that could make the oath irreversible ?

I'd say you designed and executed your current predicament, I can only pray the guy comes back to his sense and take you back or use him church mind release that curse for your head.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
@op. Its a pity that you're passing through this at the moment. That is a very dangerous thing.
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
chijoy7:

Hello AVL fans,I got married November 2013. We did traditional and white wedding. Since we got married we have been TTC (Trying To Conceive).
We have sought help from two doctors and my husband's sperm count was low while I had PID. 
We were treated and my husband was given some drugs to boost his sperm but still nothing.
He refused to see the doctor for another appointments saying he was ok that we should not discuss anything related to the matter again. 
So I left him and trusting God for a miracle. May this year my husband came back from work one night that he went to one church they told him am the cause of his downfall.
He said since he married me he has not been progressing that he can't continue living in bondage.
He said they told him my mum initiated me to a marine spirit and is affecting his progress.
I was surprised at his accusations and I told him people were misleading him that he should not fall for it. 
I told him to say what is in his mind and he should stop accussing me and my mum. 
The next day he drove me out of his house and sent all my loads to my parent's house.
He told them he doesn't want to see me near his house or else he will call police for me. He told my parents am a badluck to him and he has never progressed since he married me.
My parents were surprised at his behaviour and they were angry at him. My junior brother called him and was insulting him on phone for his actions,he insulted my brother back. 
The next day he brought some policemen to my parents house to arrest my brother,lying that my brother came to his house with some people at midnight to rob him.
We bailed my brother that very day. My parents told him that since he was no longer marrying me he should come and remove the oat he placed on my head cos he insisted I take an oat during our traditional marriage that no man will sleep with me except him.
Now that am not living with him any more am not free cos am under his bondage and I can't remarry in future if he didn't remove it .
He told my parents he must collect N150k for the money he spent on me and my parents collected N35k from him as the bride price.
He has refused to schedule a meeting with us to tell us the outcome of the N150. 

I have a questions (sorry to digreess)

Did he take the oath of faithfulness too

Or did you take the oath alone

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Mbkite(m): 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
FlySly05:
I can't believe someone can be as desperate as you to marry under such conditions. Who does that these days, I mean taking oath with a partner because you feel its "love". Have you ever thought about different circumstances occurring that could make the oath irreversible ?

I'd say you designed and executed your current predicament, I can only pray the guy comes back to his sense and take you back or use him church mind release that curse for your head.
she asked a simple question. If you can't answer it, u walk away. #Mr. Perfect
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Mbkite(m): 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
emmydeep:
@op. Its a pity that you're passing through this at the moment. That is a very dangerous thing and could spell doom if not properly handled.

I want you to smile because i know what to do about it. I'm speaking from experience of a girl that fell in love with me but was under oath with a guy in there secondary school days.

It was handled perfectly and the girl was free.
Just call me at your convenient.
Tell her what to do here! Don't take advantage man.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mbkite:
Tell her what to do here! Don't take advantage man.
we should respect the womans privacy, thats all. Its really not an online remedy but she will certainly be fine.
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by freecocoa(f): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Op please be careful about contacting anyone outside here.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by cococandy(f): 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Move on with your life

Nothing is going to happen to you.

I know this one sounds like flogging a dead horse but why the HECK would you marry someone who says you should take an oath?
Like seriously? If the marriage vows weren't enough for him, you should have told him to fvkc off. What rubbish!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by FlySly05: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mbkite:

she asked a simple question. If you can't answer it, u walk away. #Mr. Perfect

Well I offered my little advice in the second paragraph if you had taken your time to assimilate it rather than rushing to bash me. Please don't take out your frustration on me, I'm only exercising my right of free speech on here. #Mr. Spencer
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Mbkite(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
FlySly05:

Well I offered my little advice in the second paragraph if you had taken your time to assimilate it rather than rushing to bash me. Please don't take out your frustration on me, I'm only exercising my right of free speech on here. #Mr. Spencer
ur 2nd paragraph never answered her question, u only displayed high level of pessimism. I advice u revisit ur post.
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by FlySly05: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
emmydeep:
@op. Its a pity that you're passing through this at the moment. That is a very dangerous thing and could spell doom if not properly handled.

I want you to smile because i know what to do about it. I'm speaking from experience of a girl that fell in love with me but was under oath with a guy in there secondary school days.

It was handled perfectly and the girl was free.
Just call me at your convenient.

Do people still fall for such crap ? How gullible do you think the OP is telling her to call you. Na you be #Babalawo Ife abi
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by thorpido(m): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
Why do some women always agree to rubbish?What oath are you taking?
Formalise the dissolution of your marriage and that ends it.
Move on with your life.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by FlySly05: 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mbkite:

ur 2nd paragraph never answered her question, u only displayed high level of pessimism. I advice u revisit ur post.

I'm not entirely pessimistic here. Like I stated, I hoped the man reverse his action or at least free her from the oath because you never what kind of powerful black magic is hovering around her now for some commenter calling his bluff.
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by mamaafrik(m): 5:32am On Jul 26, 2021
chijoy7:

kindly drop mw your email address for talk
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by mamaafrik(m): 5:41am On Jul 26, 2021
cococandy:
Move on with your life

Nothing is going to happen to you.

I know this one sounds like flogging a dead horse but why the HECK would you marry someone who says you should take an oath?
Like seriously? If the marriage vows weren't enough for him, you should have told him to fvkc off. What rubbish!
Hello
Re: How Can I Break The Oath? by Lifestone(m): 6:38am On Jul 26, 2021
Take the Mofo to court. Who divorces by words of mouth.

(1) (Reply)

Two Woman, One Child , One Pregnant What Should I Do ? / Pls Help A Nairalander Choose One From This Two Difficult Options (am Confused) / Quarrel With A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.