Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

OBJ: I Refused The Choice Of A Corrupt Successor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ: I Refused The Choice Of A Corrupt Successor (559 Views)

Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan / Why I Refused To Detonate My Explosive – Female Bomber (pic) / Why I Refused To Honour Efcc’s Invitation – Tompolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OBJ: I Refused The Choice Of A Corrupt Successor by neolboy(m): 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Olusegun Obasanjo, former president of Nigeria, says late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was the best among those who intended succeeding him.
The former president asked those who felt he exercised poor judgment in choice of his successor to “wait for their time” and see if they would be able to perform better.
He said he could stand “before God and man” to show that he did his best for Nigeria. He was speaking on Wednesday during an interview with Channels Television at his residence in Abeokuta, capital of Ogun state. “With all the people that are available, for successor, what we came up with was about the best that, at that time we could think of,” he said. “Even if you take your son as your successor, you are not sure of what he will do when he gets there. Don’t ever kid yourself. “What do I know about any successor? What he presents. When he gets there he presents it differently. “We did our best, but if you say our best is not good enough, I will say, when it comes to your turn, do better.
Obasanjo said he had to turn down “a very corrupt person” who approached him for the job. “Is it the one that we know are corrupt that we will now go and take? No,” he said. “If I give the job to the corrupt, will I be able to defend myself before God and man?” Some of those who wanted to succeed him include his vice- president, Atiku Abubakar, Mohamed Marwa, Peter Odili.

source: https://www.thecable.ng/obj-refused-choice-corrupt-successor
Re: OBJ: I Refused The Choice Of A Corrupt Successor by neolboy(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
pot calling kettle black
Re: OBJ: I Refused The Choice Of A Corrupt Successor by jcross19: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
neolboy:
Olusegun Obasanjo, former
president of Nigeria, says late
President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua
was the best among those who
intended succeeding him.

The former president asked those
who felt he exercised poor
judgment in choice of his
successor to “wait for their time”
and see if they would be able to
perform better.

He said he could stand “before
God and man” to show that he
did his best for Nigeria.
He was speaking on Wednesday
during an interview with
Channels Television at his
residence in Abeokuta, capital of
Ogun state.
“With all the people that are
available, for successor, what we
came up with was about the best
that, at that time we could think
of,” he said.
“Even if you take your son as
your successor, you are not sure
of what he will do when he gets
there. Don’t ever kid yourself.
“What do I know about any
successor? What he presents.
When he gets there he presents
it differently.
“We did our best, but if you say
our best is not good enough, I
will say, when it comes to your
turn, do better.

Obasanjo said he had to turn
down “a very corrupt person”
who approached him for the job.
“Is it the one that we know are
corrupt that we will now go and
take? No,” he said.
“If I give the job to the corrupt,
will I be able to defend myself
before God and man?”
Some of those who wanted to
succeed him include his vice-
president, Atiku Abubakar,
Mohamed Marwa, Peter Odili.

source: https://www.thecable.ng/obj-refused-choice-corrupt-successor
what can I say about this old criminal? Is not even ashamed of his legacy, obj when you die if you can't pack all those looted money to the grave , you are a fool , infact a giant fool.

(1) (Reply)

14 Dead, 47 Injured In Damaturu Bomb Blast - Channels Television. / Fayose Again!!! Storms Market To Buy Soup Ingredient. / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.