Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,917 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:56 PM

Nigeria, Christians And Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Christians And Biafra (809 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Sends Message To All Christians And Apostle Suleiman From Deten / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View / Welcome To Islamic State In Nigeria, Christians Please Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Christians And Biafra by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
Good day everyone,

just this morning i saw a news article where buhari accused radio Biafra of telling lies against him. This is me telling y'all that it's untrue; radio Biafra never accused Buhari of having anti-Igbo sentiments(though i have reason to believe he does for some reasons of mine). Instead, that was a voice recording of the sarduana of sokoto(ahmadu bello) in 1966 just before the january pogroms, where he expressed his clear dislike for igboes. He accused them of having a domineering edge over the natives of every land they inhabit.

With this, i think Buhari should look for better media advisors and consultants. This is to avoid releasing statements based on 'hear-say'.

But that is not what i'm here for today. How many of you have heard about the 1989 declaration in Abuja? Very few of you i guess, which is another reason why we should always study history. Lemme give you a bit of what it says. It says amongst other things that
"Only muslims should be appointed to strategic posts, non-muslim religions should be eradicated, Nigeria should become a federal sultanate, and western law should be replaced with sharia
. How can this be good for a Nigeria with many diverse religions? This is one of the many reasons driving the Biafrans.

Again is the double standard of the nigerian constitution. In section 1 of the Nigerian constitution, it states that 'the constitution is supreme' in Nigeria. Then, it goes ahead to include the sharia law which has it's own rules and regulations. This is like a law inside a law. And it will do us well to know that nowhere in the constitution is christ, christian or church mentioned.
I also noticed that in line with the Abuja declaration in 1989, all the top offices are filled with muslims.

i would have dropped some more of my observations but i don't have time now.
No insults please, i just raised these so we can all look into it like humans....not 'monkeys and baboons' cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Nigeria, Christians And Biafra by axiliborha(f): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
cheesy
Re: Nigeria, Christians And Biafra by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
Am a descendant of Israel!
Re: Nigeria, Christians And Biafra by ifex370(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
NIgeria isngt going anywhere until such issues are addressed....

now eyes are being opened

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Christians And Biafra by SirBrightoc(m): 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
Tribal hatred will not allow some people to critically analyze these facts and the consequencies.
Re: Nigeria, Christians And Biafra by Appleyard(m): 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
Whatever! The Abuja declaration of 1989 is one of the senseless and tribalistic propagations of the core ethnic Hausa political demagots still myopically thriving under the influence of the carry-over wicked British policy of Divide and Rule. But in reality, nothing has changed much since that time. Most parts of the North, despite having the upper hand in appointments to key ministerial and strategic positions, still remain the most backward and marginalized at all levels in the country.

The truth is, the problem of Nigeria goes beyond ethnicity and the issue of regional and religious dychotomy. It has more to do with a "complete failure in leadership and lack of career politicians," conversely resulting in distortion in national ideology and defect in national interest and directives principles of state policy and objectives.
Rather, what we have is a backload of greedy, selfish and inhuman political and economic dwarfs, both in acts and in ideas, all emanating from a colonial bloodline of divide and conquer; the aftermath of the civil war, and the dscovery of oil, supremely uncladded the true nature of the Nigerian leadership cadre. And the pathetic overall result, is the looting, mismanagement and massive corruption that has become the norm of society today--with political infighting, witch hunting, and motivated killings of political and economical opponents all accross the nation: with no region, geopolitical zone, tribe or religion left out in the carnage for the soul of power. A true and despicable legacy of the Nigerian leader.

The recent Biafra, on the other hand, is just a misconcepted agitation recently awaken by some disgruntled elements who felt left out in the scheme of things, not actually because the Igbos are marginalized. The real Biafra struggle died with the legend, Odumegwu Ojukwu, who in those good, old days, fought for what he rightfully percieved as a northern/western Nigeria ploy to undermined the rest of the Nigeria state. And the events that followed in the wake of the western regional elections of 1965, couple with rapid trends of coups and counter coups, was the last straw that broke the camel's back. Thus, the civil war that follows can rightly be interpreted as a result of tribal differences and percieved ethnic supremacy, particularly with the North.

But today, the story is different. Although no igbo has tasted the hot seat of power in the Aso Villa (mainly attributed to the loss of the civil war,) but not much has changed. every part of this country remain marginalized in so many ways that can make a true patriot cry in agony. It is no longer a case of this tribe or that region dominating or trying to dominate. In fact, the northern part of this country touted as the Problem, has produced most of the leaders of this country, but yet, is today the most backward and under developed part in the country. The south-south that produces the bulk of the nations wealth, has nothing of note to show for it; not even when their own son was opportuned to sit on the golden seat. So too the south east: what have the governors, senators reps, chairmen, etc, etc etc, done for the people over there? Nothing, other than to loot, mismanage and kill one another over the little coming to that part.

It thus means that we have a common enemy, and that common enemy is the Elites! The RULING ELITES!

(1) (Reply)

BSU Medical Students Dump Dead Colleage's Coffin In Vc's Office / 95 Generals Moved In Fresh Army Shake-up / Ongoing Re-organization Of The Party - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.