Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

"newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer (2080 Views)

Please Help Out! Advice From Experienced Web Designers Needed / How To Be A Successful Web-developer / Im A Wapka Newbie Pls Help Wapmasters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by nitation(m): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ webguru

Why do you enjoy the "wanna-be" what you 're not? It still amuse me. You wanna show the crowd you 're a pro when you not.

@Segsalerty,

Your comment about knowing what you doing is the best. i think webguru's point is absolutely careless. I for one wouldn't follow such.

Don't give yourself glories that you don't worth. When the actual test arrives, you will be no where to be found!

- nitation
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2009
As for being a pro. . .that one is another level o. . .i dont know about that. . .though i will say i am a little step above the amateur level though. . .
As for pro. . .i am getting closer to that level . . . not there yet, i am not even a pro with javascript sef . . . not to talk of the whole DHTML techniques. . .
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by nitation(m): 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ DHTML

For you to have written acknowledged scripts for dynamic drive, then you be pro. Am still following your footsteps.

Abeg I need e-learning small oo my brother

- nitation
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2009
Olodo-like-me, i cannot even write an sql injection, na u be the supermaster! i salute o . . .
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 19, 2009
interesting, i need to vomit urgently, lol
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by nitation(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2009
@webdezzi

remember to go with a bucket. uhnnnmmgmgm!

- nitation
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2009
lol. . .but it is true naa. . .i am not yet there. . .still struggling. . .
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2009
oh! that was meant for another thread

hmmmm! life.

i remember back in college
u know! during exams, there is this guy who moves round with theraja (the biggest textbook i met in college)

and when you try to psych him up as efiko, yea we all know this guys knows "book".
what irritates ppl is he starts to hail himself, right in front of you.

imagine u hail someone as "efiko", and he replies, "awa ni yen", and adds "you no see that test? na one olodo dey my side, the guy just dey disturb me, upon say the guy dub me sef, e still fail am."

@DHTML/NITATION
we know you guys are pros, just admit it like my college guy
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by nitation(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2009
@webdezzi

Thats funny! I had a friend like that too. Passed away though!

- nitation
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2009
Maybe nitation is a pro. . . as for me, maybe, just maybe i have some of the makings. . .
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by webguru(m): 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2009
@nitation there are some things you don't understand about the tough Nigerian business environment.

Some secrets here that u'd gasp if u knew. So i know what im saying.

For someone who wants to earn a living from webmastering, and comes out to say im an amateur, how many
would give him the chance. I've gone thru that road, pretoria and lagos are 2 different things.

By the way hanging out on sitepoint.com and other tech forums made me realise none of us can really
say we are pros, so any pro made himself.
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by nitation(m): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2009
@Webguru

You have a point. For sake of making money [lol] agreed.

- nitation
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2009
ask me, i will signup with another username (for money making) and use my current "mummy-fied" username to learn more from pros like Nitation and DHTML
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by yawatide(f): 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2009
hmmmm! life.

i remember back in college
u know! during exams, there is this guy who moves round with theraja (the biggest textbook i met in college)

and when you try to psych him up as efiko, yea we all know this guys knows "book".
what irritates ppl is he starts to hail himself, right in front of you.

And in my days, there used to be a few people who would walk around with ababio, the chemistry textbook and the gigantic biology textbook (do you guys still use those today? tongue). Such people would make me feel bad cos I never seemed to have the time to read all 3 at the same time yet come exam time, I would always do better than them.

Lesson of the day:
Nothing is what it seems wink
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by nitation(m): 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2009
I never named myself that ooo webdezzi. We all here to share, point out the wrongs and proffer solution

I think mummy Yawatide should be given all that credits. Wetin me know?

- nitation
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2009
osei yao ababio and P N Okeke, science students' samurai for waec

i always wish i cud get the ababio guy to do my chemistry for me then, to much 1-2-3 methyl eltyl penthozyde
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2009
At this point. . .no sitting on the fence is allowed, you are either a pro or a newbie. . .

So pros in the house please raise up your hand!
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by segsalerty(m): 11:18pm On Mar 20, 2009
I, NEWBIEE 1(ONE) grin
No sit on the fence, where are others
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 21, 2009
sorry, am stuck to the fence, it's safer here
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 21, 2009
Segun, maybe we have to break that fence down or lure him down. . .

Hey dezzi, we are gonna break down that fence. . .better climb to the roof or just lay low. . .

On second, thots, i think i should just climb up the fence mysef and sidown there?!
Re: "newbie" Vs "veteran/experienced" Web Developer by segsalerty(m): 9:02am On Mar 22, 2009
Rule 1, NEVER BREAK THE RULE ( NO CLIMBING/SITTING ON THE FENCE ) coz its not as safe as you think ! Its only Lizards that tha Fence is meant for tongue so, better belong somewhere wink
Once again , I, ONE grin NEWBIEE!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Knows How I Can Code An Sms Api/gateway Into A Web Application? / $100 Paypal Funds For Sale. Contact Me For ASAP Deal! / Does Anyone Know Of A Free Online Course On Internet Security?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.