Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money (1579 Views)

PDP Doesn’t Need Your Stolen Money – Sheriff Tells Fayose, Wike To Leave / "Release Our Stolen Funds" - Buhari To Switzerland President / Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by socialmediaman: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2015
Our Criminal Politicians Should Return Our Money

Our politicians are stealing and embezzling money because we support them, we don't treat them like betrayers, they know they're always welcome back home after disgracing us. North, South, East and West, we're all guilty of this, no exception. Tell me your region or state and I'll tell you one alleged corrupt politician or condemned criminal (politician) living like a hero there.

But we want a developed nation like the United States, right? At this rate That's not gonna happen, take that to the bank!

We are already complaining about insecurity, unpaid salaries, accidents on the bad roads, lifeless bodies lying on the streets, unemployment, lack of loans, lack of good healthcare, lack of basic facilities... Yet we don't want politicians who stole trillions of money belonging to us to be probed, are we not the architect of our own problems?

Here we are with a virtually empty Federation Account, only $29 billion dollars in our foreign reserve, rising dollar and inflation due to a highly mismanaged economy which was most visible within the previous administration, yet when the president talks about recovering our money, we start shouting persecution because those alleged criminals in government said so, this is unheard of...

By the way, here are some of the after-effects of massive looting and corruption which will rear their ugly heads in a short time to come:

1. It won't be long before the teachers, unions etc start calling for industrial action again. They have long overdue agreements which have not been implemented, that may not want to sound insensitive right now because government is still barely 2 months old, but trust me, it's gonna happen soon.

2. Employers will relieve workers and adjust to the hard times. Believe it or not, Nigeria's economy will shrink if the price of oil continues to fall. The former Minister of Finance, Okonjo Iweala said this herself.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/05/06/nigeria-borrows-for-recurrent-expenses-no-money-for-capital-projects/

Do not also forget that Sanctions have been lifted against Iran, a major world oil producer.

3. Salaries will be owed. If you were hoping that this will go away, I am sorry, it won't. The previous government may have continued with unsustainable borrowing to pay its large number of workers at the expense of savings and capital investments in order not to lose elections, but unfortunately, we were headed for destruction and this present government will not tolerate that to happen within its own jurisdiction.

Fellow Nigerians, all that is asked of you is to throw away that ethnicity be clouding our judgement. It is better for a factory to be built in your community so you can be employed and speak for yourself, than a politician steal all the money and hire you with peanuts to protect them and do their bidding

One thing is sure, Nigeria will not survive with politicians stealing and embezzling our money at the expense of developing our industry sectors including health, agriculture, education, energy and technology. Let's put tribalism behind and face reality. Wise up my fellow Nigerians, Support Buhari's government to return our looted money.

God Bless Nigeria our Dear Nation.

- SocialMediaMan

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by CecyAdrian(f): 8:10am On Jul 17, 2015
Nigerians really amaze me. Any attempt to make one return stolen money is seen as witch hunting. They gladly support evil.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by Dannyset(m): 8:10am On Jul 17, 2015
If he/she is not from ur region or party, then it's witch hunting:-Typical Nigerians mentality.
We want a better economy, yet we don't want these looters to face the wrath of the law. And the same law too doesn't allow these thieves to worry about their act. They steal billions and get bail of millions and u think money will be recovered? Yinmu bro!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by INTROVERT(f): 8:10am On Jul 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by xender(m): 8:11am On Jul 17, 2015
we need steady light abeg.
now as I type dis my phone is 1%
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by jimi4us: 8:12am On Jul 17, 2015
we should tell you our state so that you will tell us the looters there abi? OK mention 5 looters in my state(Lagos state) let me see if you will pass this exam.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by socialmediaman: 8:14am On Jul 17, 2015
xender:
we need steady light abeg.

now as I type dis my phone is 1%

That's exactly why I created this topic. You need steady light but people have embezzled that money for their convenience. Will you support them to be probed and all the money returned?
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by efilefun(m): 8:17am On Jul 17, 2015
cool
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by mandhi(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2015
Totally agree with you, monies stolen must be returned, I don't care if it's my uncle that stole it. It should be recovered and use for the right purpose.
GOD Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by xender(m): 8:24am On Jul 17, 2015
socialmediaman:

That's exactly why I created this topic. You need steady light but people have embezzled that money for their convenience. Will you support them to be probed and all the money returned?
if it will lead 2 steady light... then I support
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by babadem2much(m): 8:26am On Jul 17, 2015
God bless you and your generation my sister. Truth be told as better things will never depart from U

CecyAdrian:
Nigerians really amaze me. Any attempt to make one return stolen money is seen as witch hunting. They gladly support evil.

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:09am On Jul 17, 2015
So its the looted funds that has halt Nig's Development, mteeeew Change your mentality stop deceiving yourselves either they return the looted monies or not if Nigeria will be great it will be great so forget sh*t. Dude.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by socialmediaman: 9:28am On Jul 17, 2015
mandhi:
Totally angry with you, monies stolen must be returned, I don't care if it's my uncle that stole it. It should be recovered and use for the right purpose.
GOD Bless Nigeria.

This is good for our country, coming from a wise and patriotic Nigerian
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by socialmediaman: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
So its the looted funds that has halt Nig's Development, mteeeew Change your mentality stop deceiving yourselves either they return the looted monies or not if Nigeria will be great it will be great so forget sh*t. Dude.

Tell me one single great nation with so much corruption, with the citizens preventing corrupt leaders from being prosecuted. Do you think money from development comes from heaven? Economists predict what will happen, it happens, yet you want your country to develop by miracles?
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by ki02020(m): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2015
jimi4us:
we should tell you our state so that you will tell us the looters there abi? OK mention 5 looters in my state(Lagos state) let me see if you will pass this exam.

Am very sure you are not from lagos as you claimed
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by ki02020(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2015
jimi4us:

Am very sure you are not from lagos as you claimed.....and am very sure are expecting your answer to include Tinubu
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by ddippset(m): 9:35am On Jul 17, 2015
INTROVERT:
Ok
what happened to you? You ain't for game no more?
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by stevecantrell: 9:44am On Jul 17, 2015
CecyAdrian:

This is why you should never feel sorry for them. Most of those screaming witch hunt here are the most vulnerable, economically.
When the shit hits the fan they will scream the loudest.
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2015
@socialmediaman, I don't have the strength to flex muscle with you, with this Nigeria's system 20 years is not enough to return stolen monies I have told you, you guys are funny a govt that promised 5k for unemployed citizen that means they don't have problem with those already employed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by fowowe411: 9:48am On Jul 17, 2015
I have said it over and over, tribalism will kill us in this country and it is one of the major obstacles in the fight against corruption. Politicians know that Nigerians are so gullible and unnecessarily emotional about things, hence they keep playing mind game with us. I could remember during Stella Oduah saga, even when it was proven that she did bought the alleged car people were still ranting. In fact it will be easier for a donkey to pass through a needle than for you to convince an Ibo man that Stella Oduah, Allison Maduekwe embezzled money, rather they will tell you it is because they are Ibos and people don't want them to grow. Also try and arrest an "Alhaji" he will either tell you it is a conspiracy against the north or Muslims LOL.

The country tire me sef..... Until Nigerians begin to look beyond ethnic bigotry ehn.... corrupt politicians will continue to linger and we will continue supporting them.
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by socialmediaman: 9:55am On Jul 17, 2015
@fowowe411 we must kill tribalism else it will kill Nigeria, we bring tribalism to even cases of corruption, people are longer ashamed to be defending criminals, but they want robbers to stop, they want insecurity to end, they want the country to be develop etc. this self deceit must end now!
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by jimi4us: 9:57am On Jul 17, 2015
ki02020:

Am very sure you are not from lagos as you claimed.....and am very sure are expecting your answer to include Tinubu
good, you pass.
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by Gr8tasign: 10:04am On Jul 17, 2015
To recover and return to nigeria abi na to re-share among themselves?

Nigeria is a failed country and it is a self-deceit to convince oneself that nigeria will ever be better. "Convince", yes! Cos the truth is deep within u but u are forcing urself to accept mirage of a dream.

Ask Lord Lugard, "Oil and Water can never mix", therefore, let us address the root of our problems once and for all.

Up BIAFRA!

Down nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by KnowAll(m): 10:04am On Jul 17, 2015
I wrote an article so many years on this forum why there are no trillionaires $£€ in d world. That is because d western nations who are in d most case the vestiges of democracy frowns at any form of corruption no matter how minute.

If a man can put half of d money d US or d UK is making in a year in his or her personal account wiithin 4 years that man or woman would be a trillionaire hence why there no trillionaires in d world.

But yet we have people celebrating Jonathan a man who kept 4 trillion naira half of what we made in 4 years. Could u guys imagine d dept of corruption we have being through. Jonathan and some few of his ministers and probably some other persons unknown, who are also probably less than 50 persons shared d same amount as d 170 million innocent souls in Nigeria. How callous can this people be.

Less than 50 people got paid more than d federal, state, & LG in d last 4 years, haba!!!! shocked

Surely Nigerian politicians have mental problems!!! cry
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by CecyAdrian(f): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2015
stevecantrell:

This is why you should never feel sorry for them. Most of those screaming witch hunt here are the most vulnerable, economically.
When the shit hits the fan they will scream the loudest.

Feel sorry 4 who? I do not even care. If my Uncle is involved or any member of my family,they should be made to face d music.
We want change but cry foul @ any attempt @ someone making that change
Am sorry but we Nigerian are our own unmaking. We sell our conscience easily and also for peanuts. We readily give our brains to brainwashed by tribal and religious nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by CecyAdrian(f): 10:22am On Jul 17, 2015
babadem2much:
God bless you and your generation my sister. Truth be told as better things will never depart from U

Amen
And bless you brother. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by Emphany: 10:30am On Jul 17, 2015
What has he done with the supports we have given him so far... Naigerians always having faulse hopes...Trrrrrrrrrrrrash! When in ds country has money looted and brought back has eva been used in ur favour? your "kip hopes alive" tots.
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by mandhi(m): 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
socialmediaman:

This is good for our country, coming from a wise and patriotic Nigerian
Just the pure truth.
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by RisMas(m): 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2018
socialmediaman:

And you are supporting same people now, if you like, delete the topic wink wink wink
Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by FarahAideed: 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2018
Shut up !!!! What has he done with the monies he claims to have recovered thus far ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by plaetton: 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2018
socialmediaman:
Our Criminal Politicians Should Return Our Money

Our politicians are stealing and embezzling money because we support them, we don't treat them like betrayers, they know they're always welcome back home after disgracing us. North, South, East and West, we're all guilty of this, no exception. Tell me your region or state and I'll tell you one alleged corrupt politician or condemned criminal (politician) living like a hero there.

But we want a developed nation like the United States, right? At this rate That's not gonna happen, take that to the bank!

We are already complaining about insecurity, unpaid salaries, accidents on the bad roads, lifeless bodies lying on the streets, unemployment, lack of loans, lack of good healthcare, lack of basic facilities... Yet we don't want politicians who stole trillions of money belonging to us to be probed, are we not the architect of our own problems?

Here we are with a virtually empty Federation Account, only $29 billion dollars in our foreign reserve, rising dollar and inflation due to a highly mismanaged economy which was most visible within the previous administration, yet when the president talks about recovering our money, we start shouting persecution because those alleged criminals in government said so, this is unheard of...

By the way, here are some of the after-effects of massive looting and corruption which will rear their ugly heads in a short time to come:

1. It won't be long before the teachers, unions etc start calling for industrial action again. They have long overdue agreements which have not been implemented, that may not want to sound insensitive right now because government is still barely 2 months old, but trust me, it's gonna happen soon.

2. Employers will relieve workers and adjust to the hard times. Believe it or not, Nigeria's economy will shrink if the price of oil continues to fall. The former Minister of Finance, Okonjo Iweala said this herself.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/05/06/nigeria-borrows-for-recurrent-expenses-no-money-for-capital-projects/

Do not also forget that Sanctions have been lifted against Iran, a major world oil producer.

3. Salaries will be owed. If you were hoping that this will go away, I am sorry, it won't. The previous government may have continued with unsustainable borrowing to pay its large number of workers at the expense of savings and capital investments in order not to lose elections, but unfortunately, we were headed for destruction and this present government will not tolerate that to happen within its own jurisdiction.

Fellow Nigerians, all that is asked of you is to throw away that ethnicity be clouding our judgement. It is better for a factory to be built in your community so you can be employed and speak for yourself, than a politician steal all the money and hire you with peanuts to protect them and do their bidding

One thing is sure, Nigeria will not survive with politicians stealing and embezzling our money at the expense of developing our industry sectors including health, agriculture, education, energy and technology. Let's put tribalism behind and face reality. Wise up my fellow Nigerians, Support Buhari's government to return our looted money.

God Bless Nigeria our Dear Nation.

- SocialMediaMan
Usual Nonsense from a paid hack.
How much of money are Buhari, his family and cronies currently stealing?
How much is NNPC stealing to fund Buhari's campaign ?
Guess who is the minister of petroleum resources ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Be Wise! Support Buhari's Government To Return Our Stolen Money by yuvisan: 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2018
NO,NO,NO ! It is not paid nonsense at all. This is the obvious truth on ground .
Office holders are carting away Nigeria’s money, and we need someone who at least in principle is against that.
The fight against corruption may not be presently successfully being prosecuted for various reasons .
All the same, we need to continue on this path.
WHOEVER IS VOTING PDP IS ACTUALLY ENDORSING CORRUPTION AND LOOTING OF NIGERIA’S COMMONWEALTH.
MANY ARE GUILTY OF CORRUPTION ACROSS PARTY LINES ,BUT WE HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE.
ARISE TRUE PATIOTS ! MAY GOD ALMIGHTY FIGHT FOR THE NIGERIAN POOR ,THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD! AMEN !
GOODLUCK JONATHAN SIMPLY WANTS TO LAUNDER HIS PAST VERY CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION USING ATIKU.
BUT , BY GOD’s GRACE ,HE CANNOT SUCCEED. NOT AT ALL.
WE, TRUE PATRIOTS HAVE SEEN GEJ ‘s RUSE , BUT GOD FORBID , HE WILL FAIL WOEFULLY AND DRAMATICALLY.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-militants’ Meeting In Bayelsa Thwarted As  soldiers Seal Off Venue / VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Nigerian Police SHOOTING An Unarmed Civilian!!! (VIDEO) / Constitutional Position In Kogi Inconclusive Election & D Death Of APC Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.