Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. (9390 Views)

UNDERCOVER MAID - A Short Fictional Story By Umar Yusuf. / Mission Sambisa!!! (all Is Fair In Love And War) / When Mission Becomes Impossible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2015
emperorfidel:

Anytime.

A little observation, you may do well by changing the title of the story.
Okay.
Was thinking of doing that.
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Freeezzz(m): 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
I still remain fidel to this story! cool
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by emperorfidel(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
Freeezzz:
I still remain fidel to this story! cool
must you use my sweet name? why didnt yu say yu gonna remain freeze to this story?
hehe
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Freeezzz(m): 6:19am On Jul 21, 2015
Hehehehehe my oga, you know that you're a name sake with an Icon so, I'm trying to idolize the name; all in a good spirit.
cool
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:28am On Jul 21, 2015
I kept staring at her before Adimchi's voice brought me back to my consciousness.

"Get a bottle of your finest wine for my friend here" he ordered one of the waiters. He then turned to me and offered a blunt. I respectfully declined. I was afraid of cigars and weed. Only the thought of inhaling so much smoke into my body system made me nauseous.

I kept looking at the girl while the chief fondled her and was exploring her body. I couldn't believe the kind of problem I had gotten myself into.

The waiter returned with the wine and some glasses. As he served it the chief began to speak.

"I just called you here today to thank you for what you did for me Mr. Ermm..."
"Ifeanyi sir" I interrupted.
"Yes. Ifeanyi." He said, "And forget that sir nonsense. You have earned the right to refer to me as Adimchi"
"Okay Sir. I mean Mr Adimchi" I stuttered
"You saved me millions yesterday" he said, "I'm very grateful for that. I have to find a way to reward you for your actions."
"Thank you sir" I said. "But I'm okay..."
"That is nonsense" he quickly interrupted me. He coughed and brought out his phone from his pocket. "What is your account number young man?"

I gave him my account number and he started to type some things on his phone. After a few minutes he lifted his head and said, "I just transferred 500 thousand to your account"
"You shouldn't have sir"
"Forget it. That is even nothing. If you play your cards right and follow the rules I will make a very wealthy and feared man in this city."

I kept quiet without knowing what to reply. I noticed the girl was looking at me. I cast a quick glance in her direction and she looked away. I and the chief continued talking for a few minutes before he received a phone call.

He picked it up and kept silent for a while as the person on the other end of the line spoke.
"Okay then. Keep him there and make sure he doesn't escape" he dropped the phone then talked to the girl "Go outside my guards will take you to the house. I'll meet you there later tonight"

She gave him a peck on the chick, winked at me and then walked out of the room.

Adimchi then looked at me and cleared his throat. "I have one more gift for you this night" he said as he stood up. He signalled me to follow him. We stepped out of the club to find two Ford Explorers parked outside. We got into the one in front and drove off while the second one followed us close behind.

There were two other guys in our car. The driver and a body guard holding a gat in the passenger seat. After a few minutes we got to a warehouse around the Waterlines area.

I stepped out of the car wondering what this surprise could be as we walked towards the back of the building. I made out four guards standing at the back with a man kneeling in the center with a bag over his head. He was quietly sobbing and shaking in fear.

The chief ordered one of his goons to give me a gun. We then walked to the man kneeling in the center. The chief ordered them to take the mask off.

I realised it was one of the guys who was with us at the docks yesterday who ran away.

"As you should now know, I don't like people abandoning my goods when I send them on a message" he said smiling wickedly at me. "I offer this man to you now for abandoning you yesterday. Kill him."

A thousand thoughts raced through my mind. I was about to kill a man in cold blood.

This wasn't me.

But I had to show strength.

Without saying a word I lifted the gun to the man's head and slowly placed my finger on the trigger...
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by emperorfidel(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Freeezzz:
Hehehehehe my oga, you know that you're a name sake with an Icon so, I'm trying to idolize the name; all in a good spirit.
cool

yeah I know bro, was joking. how yu dey bro
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by johnmanuel1743(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
following ooooooo dont do us davidflo style biko
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Freeezzz(m): 12:40am On Jul 22, 2015
emperorfidel:

how yu dey bro
I dey sir, thanks for asking. Still still, committed to this like Boko Haram to horror. cool

1 Like

Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 7:41am On Jul 22, 2015
Will drop an update or two later on in the day.
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Freeezzz(m): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
Will drop an update or two later on in the day.

Na you sir.

cool
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2015
I stood there dumbfounded not knowing what to do. I had killed people before but that was in the heat of a gang battle or in self defence. This was a whole different ball game.

I was about to kill a man in cold blood.

The place was quiet as everyone looked at me with expectations. It seemed like I had been standing there for hours. This was my chance to gain more trust from the boss. I had to show strength.

I said a quick prayer in my head and pulled the trigger.

The bullet cut through the night air. It didn't have a long distance to travel. It pierced the guys skull and flew out behind him. He fell to the ground with a loud thud while a pool of blood started forming around him.

The chief came to my side and placed his hands on my shoulder.
"That's a good boy." He said, "you and you" he pointed at two guards, "take care of this mess"

He then dragged me along with him to his car saying some inaudible things. I couldn't hear a word of what he was saying as my mind lingered on what I had just done.

'One evil to cure a million evils' I kept repeating myself. He was a gangster anyway if I didn't kill him he was eventually going to kill other innocents. I tried convincing myself but couldn't.

It had been a long day and I took my leave to go home.

Immediately I got home I picked up a drink. I was going to drink my way out of this guilt.

But my body felt numb to the alcohol. It wasn't having the effect I desired. I needed to talk to somebody. I grabbed my phone and Dialled my brothers number. It was 3 A.M but I didn't care. He picked after my third attempt.

"Really Tega" I said sleepily.
"Hey bro" I replied, "How're you doing"
"Well I was doing fine before you decided disturb my sleep" he joked.

We laughed. Maro had always loved his sleep. When I still lived with my parents we shared a room. I always had to beat him to wake up because he liked sleeping deep into the day.

"Shut up " I said, "As if you won't continue sleeping till 1 PM"
"You know na"
"So what's been going on"
"Well my matriculation was last week..."
"Oh my God. I'm sorry I didn't show" I interrupted feeling guilty.
"Don't worry. It's not really a big deal" he said "We cool as long you don't miss my grad"
"I'm setting a reminder on my phone right now" I said jokingly
He laughed "Yeah. As if you'll be using the same phone in five years"

Rukevwe had decided to follow in my footsteps and study Mechanical engineering. I wasn't a total failure you know. At least I had graduated with a second class upper in mechanical engineering.

We talked for a few minutes on a few things before he asked me.

"We're having lunch with mum and dad this weekend" he paused, "You should come"
"I dunno bro." I replied "I'll try"
"You better"

We talked for a few minutes before hanging up. My relationship with my parents was a bit strained at the moment. Like this was what I needed right now.

Family drama.

I relaxed on the couch as the alcohol began to kick in. In a few minutes I was fast asleep.

1 Like

Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by vizela20(f): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nice one Op..#Following
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Mekky05(m): 5:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
vizela20:
Nice one Op..#Following
. Hello Esther..
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by vizela20(f): 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
#Wat up Mekky?? Ow u?
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by emperorfidel(m): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
OP, that should be matriculation in the stead for convocation.
nice story, following. ...
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by emperorfidel(m): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
emperorfidel:

Thanks for the spot bruv. Modifying...
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Freeezzz(m): 9:38am On Jul 23, 2015
Tega my friend, stay in there - don't lose your soul.
cool
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
Freeezzz:
Tega my friend, stay in there - don't lose your soul.

cool
Tega will try. But it won't be easy oh.

1 Like

Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
"Omo Gozie forget that thing Chelsea go treat man utd Bleep up this weekend" Ovie said as he downed his beer
"You dey craze. Man utd don dey scatter people since" Gozie replied "We go show una this weekend"
"Guy no be una defence. Make hazard carry ball first you go no say na Godwin" They all laughed

It was Thursday. Me and the gang where just chilling at a local bar discussing football. Football is a very important part of my life. I support Manchester United. I was drawn to them ever since the first time I saw David Beckham playing in a united shirt. It started casually but pretty soon I had fallen in love.

"No worry. We go see this weekend" I said. "Abi una wan bet?"
"if you get mind drop 10k" Ovie insisted
"Sure" I replied. "Just be ready to pay me my 10k next Monday"

The 10k was nothing to me right now. I had over half a million burning a hole in my bank account. We ordered some more drinks and were beginning to get intoxicated before Ovie received a call.

After a few minutes he dropped the phone and his face got serious.

"Okay we have to start moving" he called the attendant and we paid for our drinks.

As we got to the car he asked me if I was armed. I replied and said no.

"No wahala" he said.

As we got to the car he opened the boot and handed me a pistol.

"Where we dey go sef?" I asked as I tucked the pistol into my belt.
"Na those guys wey been come disturb us for docks the other day" he replied stone faced "We don find their warehouse. We dey strike back this night"

'Oh no' I thought. Look at me thinking this was going to be a peaceful night.

We drove to Waterlines and Ovie got down from the car and went into a building. After a few minutes he came out with six guys. They were carrying jerry cans and tput them in the back seat of our car.

I could smell the odour of the petrol from the jerry cans. Ovie got in the car and started it while the other guys got into a station wagon parked beside the building.

We drove in silence along the Aba road until we got to first artillery. We then drove off the highway along a dirt path until we got to a bushy area.

Ovie parked the car and killed the engine.

"Wait in the car while I scan the area." He got out and crept into the bushes.

After a few minutes he returned.
"There are seven guards in front and maybe five inside"
"We're going to need more ammo then" I stated.

He reached into the back and gave me an A.k 47. We got out of the car and crept through the bushes. As we moved I stepped on a wad of bushes and heard a click.

Some sirens started going of from the building.

I had alerted them of our presence.
Shots rang out in the air as we ducked for cover behind some trees.

"What the f.uck man?" Ovie glared at me. "Couldn't you be more careful"

The shots kept blasting before subsiding a few minutes later.

"Where are the other guys" I asked
"They're coming from the other side" he replied "We were supposed to ambush them from both sides. We need to act quick before their Back up arrives"

We got down on the floor and dragged our bodies through the mud. We heard some footsteps approaching and stopped moving. The darkness would give us adequate cover.

As one of the men walled by me without noticing I stuck my hand out and tripped him. As he fell I jumped on him and delivered a knock out blow before he knew what was happening. I hadn't gone through police training for nothing.
As the second man arrived Ovie stunned him before pulling out a pocket knife and sticking it in his throat.

This guy was a stone cold killer. I had already told myself that I wouldn't kill anyone tonight unless I absolutely had to. We left the bodies and proceeded.

Suddenly a guy jumped out and pounced on me taking me unawares. He pointed his gun at me and I heard a loud bang. I thought my life was over. Blood splattered on my face and my assailant kept looking at me with his eyes wide open.

Slowly he fell on top of me and that was when I realised Ovie had shot him. I pushed his lifeless body of me and thanked Ovie.

"No problem my guy" he said "you would do the same thing for me"

The sad truth was I wouldn't. Anyway I still replied him and said "sure"

The bullets started raining again and we ducked for cover. After sometime it stopped and we heard a voice shout out "Ovie! You don die?"

It was one of our guys. We quickly scurried out of the bushes and made our way to the warehouse. They had taken out the remaining guys.

"Ifeanyi. You and Gozie should go and get the fuel from the car" he ordered "quick before more guys come"

We got the fuel from the car and started spraying it round the building. Everyone stepped back as Ovie brought out a box of matches and lit three sticks.

He threw it in the petrol and the fire travelled quickly engulfing the warehouse in flames. The dark night now had a yellowish glow. We stood there for a few minutes and watched the warehouse burn down.

When we were tired of looking we departed from the scene of the crime.
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Freeezzz(m): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
OK, Tega's still got a conscience. Nice update, please don't stop.
cool
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Mekky05(m): 3:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
vizela20:
#Wat up Mekky?? Ow u?
. I'm fine,and u?
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Mario1983(m): 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
Kul story following
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
This feels like Grand Theft Auto V
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 5:17am On Jul 24, 2015
ArrowAssassin:
This feels like Grand Theft Auto V
cheesy
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by chrisbaby24(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
Nice one bro...abeg update...e make sense die...
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 8:59am On Jul 25, 2015
We drove off and Ovie suggested that we go to the club. It had been a long night and I was tired but still reluctantly agreed.

The night was still lit up by flames and the smoke slowly rose to the skies. We've definitely fecked up tho ozone layer tonight I thought to myself.

In a few minutes we were at the club. Ovie left me saying he had to give the boss an update.

I went to the bar and ordered a few drinks then sat down and observed what was going on in the club. The dance floor was packed with girls in skimpy clothes grinding their waists against drunk nigga's who had no idea what was going on.

I hate dancing.

I can't dance.

The moves people pulled off when they danced looked so complex to me so I didn't even bother trying them. Whenever I eventually did dance I just did a simple 'old papa' dance. You know just a simple two step. Right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot. People made fun of me because of it but I didn't care. I wasn't going to jump around like a crazy person just because I wanted to dance.

The bartender brought my drink and I took a sip. It was chilled and felt good.

I then saw a few of my guys sitting at a table and went over to join them.

They were smoking a shisha Pipe and talking about women and cars. I happily joined the conversation cos it was something I loved. I'm talking about cars. I love women too but not as much as I love cars.

I had studied engineering just because of my love for cars. All types of cars. Muscle, luxury, sport , trucks you name it.

They offered me the pipe but I declined. I noticed there were a few snacks at the center of the table so I grabbed a piece. I tasted so good and I hadn't had anything to eat all evening. I grabbed another and just kept taking more.

After a while I started feeling strange and weirdly confident.

"What was in these snacks?" I asked

The guys were surprised because they hadn't noticed me eating the snacks.

"Oh sh!t. You just ate a sh!t load of pot brownies." One of them replied. "O yeah. You're gonna be real fecked up tonight."

Before too long I got high and started doing some crazy things which are best left unsaid.

After a while I felt pressed and had to go to the bathroom. I felt relieved as I took a piss. Someone stepped into the toilet and I turned noticing it was the girl I had talked to last time.

"Oh sorry. Am I in the wrong toilet?" I asked.
"No" she replied. "But I definitely am." She walked towards me seductively and I could feel some sensations in my lower region.

"What are you doing?" I asked.
"You." She replied assertively.

I tried to step back but I was trapped.

"We can't be doing this" I was sweating "Are you trying to get me killed"
"Don't worry no one will find out" She was inches away from me now.
"Are you sure?" I asked stupidly
"No" her lips were close to mine. "That's what makes it so fun."

She kissed me.

I tried to resist at first but I was high and eventually gave in. Our tongues touched and we explored each others body. Her hands reached for my crotch which was already stone hard and rubbed it slowly.

I then unzipped her jeans slowly dragging them down...

(Sorry for some reason my pen I refusing to write the rest of this part. Aha! You perverts were looking for a sex scene right?)

After we were done she slipped a piece of paper into my hands.
"I'm Sarah by the way." She said before walking out.

I stood there confused as she walked out.

My mission had just gotten harder. (No pun intended)

2 Likes

Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by Freeezzz(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
Good one.
cool
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by HDoc(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
I'm impressed with ur work so far & I cnt wait 4 ur nxt update.I noticed u replaced d word "Bleep" with "FECK",if u didn't wnt 1 2 use Bleep u can still use F**K.I'm jus sayin.
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
HDoc:
I'm impressed with ur work so far & I cnt wait 4 ur nxt update.I noticed u replaced d word "Bleep" with "FECK",if u didn't wnt 1 2 use Bleep u can still use F**K.I'm jus sayin.
Thanks.
Your observation has been duly noted.
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
I had gotten home and my mind was still on Sarah.

What happened tonight was mind blowing. I knew I should back off but I had tasted it once and wanted to go for a refill.

But the mission.

I couldn't sacrifice months of hard work and mental torture just because I wanted to have sex with a lady. If I got caught that would definitely be the end of me.

I looked at the paper she had handed me. It was her phone number. I folded it and placed it in a drawer. I might use it one day but for now it was a no go.

A million thoughts still raced through my mind as I slowly dozed off.

I woke up to the smell of fried eggs and coffee. Curious, I walked into the kitchen to see Emeka sitting at the table.

"Do you always sleep this late?"
"What time is it?" I asked lazily.
"Sixteen minutes past eleven" Emeka replied.

I shrugged and sat down, taking a cup of coffee and stuffing some eggs into my mouth.

"Wait. How did you get into my house." The coffee had helped me regain some sense.
"Hey! I'm a detective. And it wasn't that hard to pick your lock" he let out a short laugh.
"Figures" I replied.

In a few minutes I had finished the eggs and coffee but I still felt hungry. I guess I was still feeling some of the effects of the pot brownies.

"Okay let's get down to business" Emeka said sternly. "I need an update"
"I've met the boss" I said nonchalantly

He had a surprised look on his face.

"What? And you couldn't get in touch with me since"
"I was busy trying to cover up my a**"
"So who is it?" He asked
"Chief Adimchi Obiora" I replied.

He looked shocked.

"The Chief Adimchi Obiora?" He asked. "Are you certain?"
"Of course I'm certain. I saw him with my own eyes"
"This changes things" he stood up and started pacing. "He's one of the most powerful men in this city. How the hell do we stop someone like that?"
"I dunno boss" I said. "My job is just to get close to him and discover info. Yours is to set the trap"
"You have to become extra careful. We can't be seen around each other anymore" he was still pacing "That man has connections in the police force and would know I'm a cop if he sees me with you. Thankfully I'm the only one aware of what you're doing or else this would have been more uncomfortable."
"So how do we communicate?" I asked

He stopped pacing and scratched his chin deep in thought.
"I'll drop a burner phone in your car later. Do you have a cap I can borrow?" He asked.

I went inside and got one for him.

"Remember. Be extra diligent now" he said as he walked out. "You're getting close to him now. He's going to be watching your every move"

I decided not to tell him that I had f**ked the Chiefs girl. He already looked worked up enough.

I went to my room and checked my phone. I had two missed calls and a message all from my brother.

'Remember about lunch tomorrow' it read.

With all the drama I had almost forgetting about lunch with my parents.

Well! Sh*t couldn't get any worse I thought to myself.
Re: Undercover In Portharcourt. A man on a mission. by HDoc(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2015
Following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ben Enwonwu's 103rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today / A Finger Deep / Port-Harcourt Named World Book Capital 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.