Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

The Police Is Your Friend !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Police Is Your Friend !!! (1258 Views)

"Police Is Your Friend"- US Based Nigerian Lady Says After Hitching A Ride. PIC / Photos From The Police And Navy Clash In Calabar / When The Inspector General Is Your Friend (hilarious Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Damzy997(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this topic... Mods, help me pls
The phrase "the police is your friend" is actually an irony because the police are more about terrorizing, bullying, and killing innocent Nigerians for no reason.
At the same time, the civilians still need to provide concrete evidence against the misconducts of the police either by taking pictures or videos. But before you bring out your device to take a picture or video, make sure the police isn't aware because if you are taking a selfie around Nigerian police officers, they become apprehensive and demand to see what you are doing with your device.
This makes me remember an incident in which a policeman stopped our bus at a checkpoint, so after collecting his so-called "settlement" from the driver, he saw a girl with her phone. He thought the girl was taking images of him collecting money from the driver, instead, she was actually browsing because I was seated next to her. Instead of the policeman to inquire what she was doing with the phone, he just gave her a slap and seized the phone, browsed through it and not seeing anything discriminating accused her of hiding the images.
Though, the police officer handed the phone back to her without apologizing, but trust Nigerian women with their "ever catching" curses. I later learnt the girl had taken note of the policeman's name which was written boldly on his tag. Then she called her dad after our vehicle had left the checkpoint, she narrated everything that transpired. Seems the dad was a high-rank officer. What happened next I don't know !!!..
Let's check out this statistics; Hundreds of soldiers have been killed in the war against Boko Haram. The number of innocent Nigerians killed by policemen yearly is in thousands. Therefore, you are more likely to be killed by a police officer than terrorists in Nigeria. Interesting right
The number of people killed in the Biafra war is lower than the number killed by the police in the last decade. Yet they say "the police is your friend".
Some may disagree with me, criticize me for my opinion, but what I discussed above is the way I see things. This may not completely solve the problem, but at least, it could be a huge step in the right direction.
I'm not trying to say that all police officers are corrupt, there are also honest people there, but as they say "the bad ones have overshadowed the good ones".
THE POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND.
SOURCE: www.9jainfonet..com
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
It's actually "FIEND" and NOT "Friend"
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Drhenrysaint(m): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
friend indeed...
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by amani337(m): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
boko haram is my bff
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by nice101(m): 6:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
Yea "the police is your friend" responsible ones though :-/:-/
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by baralatie(m): 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
If you think police is not your friend try arm robber
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by bolument(m): 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
may God help us
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by horpe132(m): 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2015

. The police is your friend,,,,,,,,,,,,BAIL is FREE !!!
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Damzy997(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
unpredictedone:
Yea "the police is your friend" responsible ones though :-/:-/
yh u ar ryt
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Damzy997(m): 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
PvtParts2:
sarcasm or correction?
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Damzy997(m): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
horpe132:

The police is your friend,,,,,,,,,,,,BAIL is FREE !!!
if i hear say bail is free
Re: The Police Is Your Friend !!! by Damzy997(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
PvtParts2:
fiend is actually a harsh word to use

(1) (Reply)

Full List Of Delegates Who Accompanied Buhari To US / JUST IN: Ahead Of NASS Resumption, Gbajabiamila Meets With Buhari Again / Tempted To Touch! The Price Of Office Romance: Story About A Girl And Her Boss..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.