Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise (1484 Views)

Mothers And Daughters Who Look The Same Age (Unbelievable Photos) / How Mothers Advertise Their Daughters For Marriage In Form Of Birthday Wishes / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise by rosy27(f): 7:25am On Jul 19, 2015
pls my son is a year old, he is yet to bring out teeth and he started having caugh and catarrh for the past one week now. I started with septrin, i couldn't give him caugh syrup cus he react to any drousy drugs, when septrin is not working we went to pharmacy where he was given azithromycin with tuxil D but any time we give him drugs the caugh becomes worse. He cant sleep well, the caugh will wake him up. Pls is there anybody that has idea of what i can do to help. My mother said i sould be givind him palm oil that its the teeth he wants to bring out that cause the caugh, that no drugs can help it.
Re: Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise by mayorkyzo: 7:52am On Jul 19, 2015
I personally advice you take him to see a doctor..
Re: Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise by eme1n(m): 7:53am On Jul 19, 2015
Go to the clinic, don't wait till it's too late..

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise by pato405(m): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2015
Relax. you mothers worry too much. All children don't sprout teeth the same time. However the first upper incisors appear between 6-8months. Your baby is probably a little delayed but it will eventually appear. Dietary or environmental factors might be responsible. How often do you breastfeed? Do you give vitamine C? Early morning sun exposure also helps with calcium which is necessary for strong bones and teeth. Children react and respond differently, so don't use other kids as yardstick to get worried.

Coughing is very common in children. The good news is that it is often viral (particularly when it is associated with catarrh) and so, self limiting. in other words, it will resolve even when untreated. Most cough syrups are only to reassure the mother that she is doing something to take care of the cough, otherwise, they don't really do much. Necessary precautions could be taken to avoid reoccurrence - such as not exposing the baby to cold and dust. Tixylix is a good, non drousy syrup. You could try using it. Antibiotics (such as Augmenting) are only reserved for severe coughs associated with bacteria infection. Above all, remember prayers. cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise by rosy27(f): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2015
pato405:
Relax. you mothers worry too much. All children don't sprout teeth the same time. However the first upper incisors appear between 6-8months. Your baby is probably a little delayed but it will eventually appear. Dietary or environmental factors might be responsible. How often do you breastfeed? Do you give vitamine C? Early morning sun exposure also helps with calcium which is necessary for strong bones and teeth. Children react and respond differently, so don't use other kids as yardstick to get worried.

Coughing is very common in children. The good news is that it is often viral (particularly when it is associated with catarrh) and so, self limiting. in other words, it will resolve even when untreated. Most cough syrups are only to reassure the mother that she is doing something to take care of the cough, otherwise, they don't really do much. Necessary precautions could be taken to avoid reoccurrence - such as not exposing the baby to cold and dust. Tixylix is a good, non drousy syrup. You could try using it. Antibiotics (such as Augmenting) are only reserved for severe coughs associated with bacteria infection. Above all, remember prayers. cheers!
oh! Thank u so much u just made me feel better.
Re: Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise by rosy27(f): 8:46am On Jul 19, 2015
thank u all for ur advise. Am going to see a doc very soon
Re: Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise by olamydey(f): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2015
Hello rosy, like seriously u have not taken ur son to the hospital? And UV been using drugs on a 1yr old? Please stop self med and drug administration without a visit to the doctor.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Is Responsible For The Present High Rate Of Divorce ? / 10 Must-have Gadgets For Every Home / How Can She Bring Her Husband Back Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.