Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted (643 Views)

Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai / El-Zakzaky Will Be Prosecuted For His Crimes – El-Rufai / Political Criminals In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by socialmediaman: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2015
My interest is not actually to see our political criminals leaders who have stolen from our collective wealth in prison, my interest is for us to recover our money and establish a punishment that will serve as a deterrent and help us move forward. There is actually no country in the world that is completely free from corruption, but in the advanced nations, you embezzle funds at your own risk, you know that if caught you will face the consequences.

I want our political leaders to also understand that there are grave consequences for financial crime in Nigeria. Nigeria can no longer harbor criminals in government places.

How I want Political criminals Prosecuted
1. The government should fully investigate and audit their various government offices to determine exactly how much was stolen, with the full cooperation of the political office criminal holder.

2. The government will then use these evidences and charge the culprits to a court of law, with their full cooperation. They will plead guilty to these charges and ask for liniency

3. The court will then make a guilty pronouncement after going through the cases, then sentence them accordingly.

4. Based on their full cooperation with prosecution and judge, and since they did not waste tax payers money investigating and prosecuting their case, the sentence will be a suspended sentence, which means they will not serve the jail term in a Nigerian prison facility.

5. The court will also pronounce the following in addition to the suspended sentence:

A. They will not be on the board of any public company for the length of their jail term

B. They cannot travel out of the country for the length of their jail term

C. They are barred from any political office or business contract with any government institution or agency for life. This is the actual purpose of the jail term, to establish that they are convicted felons.

6. The stolen funds and assets are also fully confiscated to the tune of the amount of money embezzled or stolen and returned to Government Treasury.

Anyone who refuses to volunteer information or decides to fight their case in court will lose all these privileges and will be prosecuted and sentenced like every other common criminal if found guilty.

God Bless Nigeria.

- SocialMediaMan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by lative(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2015
good!
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by DaBullIT(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2015
I second the motion

But where's the part where their assets are taken , liquidated and returned to Nigerian Treasury
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by socialmediaman: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
I second the motion

But where's the part where their assets are taken , liquidated and returned to Nigerian Treasury

Thanks bro. Updated
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by socialmediaman: 9:50am On Jul 19, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala, Ishilove I think this deserves public attention
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2015
Good starting point.
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by efilefun(m): 9:55am On Jul 19, 2015
Good
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by fulanimafia: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2015
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Corruption in Nigeria is a culture which cuts across all strata of our society, from the highly to the lowly and manifests itself on the grand scale we are used to when such elements get to a position of authority where they have public funds under their care. In short, corruption is in the psyche of most Nigerians, and only re-orientation and severe deterrent measures that can correct that anomaly.

It is in view of this sad reality that I disagree with your assertion, and strongly advocate for strict and severe jail terms for convicted looters, or at least the first few batches of them to send a strong message that corruption will no longer be tolerated under any guise

Our unique societal problems need unique measures to contain them. It worked in China (death sentence for corruption), it will work here.
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by socialmediaman: 10:04am On Jul 19, 2015
fulanimafia:
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I quite understand your position but we need a starting point. This, like I pointed out should be available to those who do not waste tax payers money digging out their cases. This should be a tentative deal to help us move forward and then constititionally fix these lapses in our Justice system which we both know cannot be solved overnight.
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by marshalcarter: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2015
How many gbosa you want??

Or

How many

Kush will you rollgrin
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by socialmediaman: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2015
marshalcarter:
How many gbosa you want??

Or

How many

Kush will you rollgrin

grin grin grin
Re: Why And How I Want Nigeria's Political Criminals Prosecuted by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 19, 2015
Hmmn.. If only they will folow dis protocol laid down by the Op,Nigeria will b better. But No,they ar all corrupt.both d prosecutor & d prosecuted...

Btw,Listen to dis freestyle by me..

http://my.notjustok.com/track/24670/

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Language Among Criteria If You Want To Join UK Metropolitan Police / VIDEO: Buhari Again......says Chibok Girls Were Abducted From Their ‘hotels’ / Buhari Is Speaking On NTA And NEPA Have The Impetus To Fiddle With Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.