Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] (46516 Views)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Student Shot Dead (Photo) / UNIBEN Students In Class Formations Ahead Of Their Graduation / UNIBEN Students Generate “Supplementary” Income In The Hostel [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by naijaboiy: 12:50am On Jul 20, 2015
Two Female students of the University of Benin,,Ugbowo Campus were hit by an oncoming vehicle at 10:15Am sunday morning,,19th July 2015.

It was gathered that the two girls were hit by an Army Vehicle with the inscription "Thunder Storm Patrol 28" while they were crossing the Lagos/Benin Expressway which is just in front of the school gate. They were both coming out of their off-campus hostels Located at BDPA Beside Odaro Plaza.

After the hit,,one of the girls was found lying on the road while the girl who was hit first was found in the bush close to the Road side and they were both rushed to the hospital.

An I.D Card found in one of the girl's Bag indicated she was a 200 level student of philosophy while the details of the other cannot be confirmed yet.

As at the time of filing this report,,it was gathered that the 200 level philosophy student named Halim Rita Awele was dead while the other girl is in critical conditions. She is currently suffering from internal Bleeding.

Different reactions have rolled in on the danger of that express road just in front of the school. Separating an off-campus from the school gate.

Here is what the ex-secretary general of the SUG,,precious erhiabo had to say about the situation.
"It hurts

The solution is this, we take up diggers and shovel to that road tomorrow, no one will tell the government to take over and either construct a flyover or make speed break.

The SUG can take this up tomorrow being a public holiday. We all should be there because volunteers are needed too.

Rest in peace to one of ours, it could have been you or me."

Picture of the dead Rita at the mortuary below.

http://www.ngschoolz.com/two-female-uniben-students-hit-by-an-army-vehicle-one-confirmed-dead-photo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by naijaboiy: 12:50am On Jul 20, 2015
[b]This is so sad mehn! sad

That expressway has taken the lives of so many students. In fact it is Believed that at least 3 students get hit by a car every year on that road. Sometime in march a guy was hit by a vehicle while he was crossing the road to the school gate for night class. Thank God he survived it.

Last year it was a 400level pharmacy student who was hit on the road and he died on the spot.

Now we have these two girls. And we are just in july. Nobody knows what will happen before the year runs out. I just hope nobody gets hit again.

I've been asking myself,,is it that the school authority or the federal government cannot construct a flyover/pedestrian bridge for students or at least a simple speed break? The rate at which students are getting killed on that road is alarming.

That's an expressway for God sake and the cars that pass there always speed without impunity.

Auchi polytechnic has a pedestrian bridge just in front of the school gate and the road is not even as wide as this one in UNIBEN.

It's still because of this road why I can't get an accommodation in that BDPA off campus opposite the school. I can't imagine myself having to cross an express road every single day when i'm going to school. undecided

It's fùcking risky!

Rip Rita...

#UnibenLovesYou... cry
[/b]

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by dayojags10(m): 12:54am On Jul 20, 2015
RIP
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Hormohtoondeh(f): 12:55am On Jul 20, 2015
R.I.P
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Shortyy(f): 1:00am On Jul 20, 2015
*shivers
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Bilabong(m): 1:09am On Jul 20, 2015
May the souls of the departed through the mercies of God r i p

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by iamkingzlee(m): 1:11am On Jul 20, 2015
Soldiers now hit and run These Same people will nearly kill Danfo drivers that will even hit and rush to the hospital. R.I.P to the dead.. Never did she expect she"ll leave and not return cry I pray the other survives..

God continue to keep and protect us.....

1 Like

Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Davinex(m): 1:15am On Jul 20, 2015
R.I.P
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by abdulaz: 1:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Her watch just ended, so sad.
R. I. P.
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 20, 2015
X
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by boolet: 3:51am On Jul 20, 2015
Too bad.
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by brixton: 5:03am On Jul 20, 2015
I thought they relocated the fly over in front of ubth to uniben gate?

Rest in peace miss Awele!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by donwise1(m): 5:04am On Jul 20, 2015
sad
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by adorable29(f): 5:17am On Jul 20, 2015
Really, it makes NO SENSE why there are no speed brakes in that region. I mean, even on streets at the adjacent BDPA that are a 100times LESS BUSY than the main gate have got speed brakes everywhere.

So I ask. Are the authorities just non chalant or are they using those students blood for sacrifice? I support the protest...

Another family has been thrown into mourning cos of their 'I dnt care attitude'!

3 Likes

Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by free2ryhme: 5:31am On Jul 20, 2015
naijaboiy:
Two Female students of the University of Benin,,Ugbowo Campus were hit by an oncoming vehicle at 10:15Am sunday morning,,19th July 2015.

It was gathered that the two girls were hit by an Army Vehicle with the inscription "Thunder Storm Patrol 28" while they were crossing the Lagos/Benin Expressway which is just in front of the school gate. They were both coming out of their off-campus hostels Located at BDPA Beside Odaro Plaza.

After the hit,,one of the girls was found lying on the road while the girl who was hit first was found in the bush close to the Road side and they were both rushed to the hospital.

An I.D Card found in one of the girl's Bag indicated she was a 200 level student of philosophy while the details of the other cannot be confirmed yet.

As at the time of filing this report,,it was gathered that the 200 level philosophy student named Halim Rita Awele was dead while the other girl is in critical conditions. She is currently suffering from internal Bleeding.

Different reactions have rolled in on the danger of that express road just in front of the school. Separating an off-campus from the school gate.

Here is what the ex-secretary general of the SUG,,precious erhiabo had to say about the situation.
"It hurts

The solution is this, we take up diggers and shovel to that road tomorrow, no one will tell the government to take over and either construct a flyover or make speed break.

The SUG can take this up tomorrow being a public holiday. We all should be there because volunteers are needed too.

Rest in peace to one of ours, it could have been you or me."

Picture of the dead Rita at the mortuary below.

Cc: Lalasticlala,,ishilove.

sad
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by sanandreas(m): 6:25am On Jul 20, 2015
Rip cry
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by slickb(m): 6:35am On Jul 20, 2015
embarassed rip
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by DEGREE2466(m): 6:38am On Jul 20, 2015
One of the reasons living in BDPA is my least alternative.

The most annoying thing is the speed at which vehicles ply that road knowing fully well that students are always crossing the road. Why Nigerians are so impatient I don't know.

Speed break isn't an option as that is a federal road but pedestrian bridge.

Below is the picture of the dead student

8 Likes

Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Winna01(m): 6:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Just see what they have don to dat beautiful girl. And her eyes where open sh-t #painful death
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 20, 2015
Rip cry
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Kunzu(m): 7:03am On Jul 20, 2015
rip
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by pfijacobs(m): 7:30am On Jul 20, 2015
Man.. My bae called to tell me yesterday of her coursemate who died.. I didnt take it seriously.. Apparently she invited for dier concert in G.P.A and she accepted.. Life is indeed unpredictable. RIP
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Davinciko: 7:32am On Jul 20, 2015
My exact thoughts. We need a pedestrian bridge and speed bumps on that road for Christ's sake. Mods do the needful. Rip to the dead
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by mytime24(f): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2015
RiP to d dead
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by oy13(f): 7:38am On Jul 20, 2015
Rip cry
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 20, 2015
R I P sad
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by IceSplash(f): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2015
RIP cry
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by yungEX(m): 7:53am On Jul 20, 2015
Moral of the story? Always be conscious when doing anything i'm practicing that now RIP halim
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by dkronicle(m): 7:54am On Jul 20, 2015
Some stuffs makes me speechless.
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by bunmioguns(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2015
embarassed..

Rip
Re: Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] by akpumping7720(m): 7:58am On Jul 20, 2015
R.I.P lady.... Sad news this early monday morning. May God console her family and give them the fortitude to bear the loss!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 UNILORIN Accident Victims Die / FUTO Student Arrested For Pouring Hot Water On Fellow Student Over Toothpaste / How Many Did This, Back In Secondary School Days? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.