Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily (17107 Views)

Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter / Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Petrol Subsidy Removal / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Tolzeal(m): 9:50am On Jul 20, 2015
he
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by 49cents(m): 9:51am On Jul 20, 2015
BUT APC and Buhari swore that there wasnt anything like subsidy so what are they removing

yeye government, believed and defended by lunatics, voted in by fools

5 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 20, 2015
49cents:
yeye government, believed and defended by lunatics, voted in by fools

Good luck in getting the APC voted out come 2019.

If you are referring to potential voters that way....you will never win any votes, or political concessions on anything.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by RealEstate35: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2015
Na wa o! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and apartments for rent at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Omooba77: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2015
I have said it many times,it will not be long GEJ will become a Great Hero.Many people dont know how Nigeria runs,even including certified first class Economists.God bless Nigeria and deliver us from scam..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by 49cents(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2015
SB22:
NIGERIANS...WE KNOW WHAT OUR PROBLEM IS; BUT, WILL NEVER COME AROUND TO SOLVING IT...
WHY??
COS WE HATE THE TRUTH!!

God bless you for saying the TRUTH

You see all these foreign trips Bhari is making to US and the G7 with a bucket list is just dancing round in circles .......to fix Nigeria is not very hard, just that it is hard for wash dirty clothes with dirty water

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by walemadu: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2015
this is indeed shameful

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Holyman3(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2015
We are all the government. It's our money.
We say, increase the spending so we can buy petrol at 50 naira per litre. Or do you want to loot It like others did?
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by onatisi(m): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2015
thefakestan:
There is ntin like subsidy - Buhari before election.

We cannot remove subsidy - after the election -Pres. Buhari.

Whichh way Nigeria?

ThefakeStan
bro, did buhari actually say all these ? If he did then Nigeria is in some deep deep deep very deep problems .
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by anytexy: 10:00am On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:

The poor are here on nl defending the rich grin
Bar man ! Give him one bo..., very on point.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by ba7man(m): 10:00am On Jul 20, 2015
Omooba77:
I have said it many times,it will not be long GEJ will become a Great Hero.Many people dont know how Nigeria runs,even including certified first class Economists.God bless Nigeria and deliver us from scam..
... @Omenka did the calculation and your ''Hero'' spent 4 Times the amount Buhari stands to spend in a year on the same petroleum subsidy......... despite the cost of fuel almost double the current price during your ''Hero's'' regime.

Your. ''Hero'' is a crook and this topic further exposes him.

Learn to read to understand.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 20, 2015
Of course...oil subsidy must go.

Importing the stuff costs more than selling it at N87. And subsidy just covers the difference barely.

We could cushion the effect by building more refineries.....but that is going to take time.

I know NNPC is a corrupt cesspool, and I know of the subsidy scams(which by the way happen because most marketers are making zero profit from the current subsidy regime)....but let's be honest, we are wasting money. Money which we do not have because....oil prices per barrel dropped.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Cyriloha(m): 10:03am On Jul 20, 2015
Shortyy:
The messiah is holidaying in the US of A.

lol so you wicked like this you mean his on honeymoon ?
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by twosquare(m): 10:04am On Jul 20, 2015
“Is the telecoms sector being subsidised? No. Is it not functioning? It is functioning! The coffers of the government are empty; so, I don’t know how you are going to sustain subsidy. Oil price is going to drop with Iran and the USA coming to a nuclear agreement. That means if we don’t see a $40 per barrel oil price by next year or two, then we are lucky.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Atlantian: 10:04am On Jul 20, 2015
Rose2014:

The poor are here on nl defending the rich grin
Did anyone told you, that you are smart ? I just did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by 49cents(m): 10:05am On Jul 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Good luck in getting the APC voted out come 2019.

If you are referring to potential voters that way....you will never win any votes, or political concessions on anything.

if u want to quote someone next time, the straightforward thing to do is quote the entire text and bold the line u dont agree qith...............your currently style is miscchievous and APC-ISH

APC IS PDP UNDER A NEW UMBRELLA BRAND NAME.................IS SARAKI NOT APC AND THE SENATE PRESIDENT AND HAS A PDP VICE?
OR IS DOGORA NOT VOTED IN BY HIS FREINDS IN THE PDP, THEY LOUNGE TOGETHER OFF CAMERA AND PICK UP GIRLS TO HILTON FROM UNI ABUJA AND YOU HERE ON NAIRALAND CALLING ANYBODY HO SPEAKS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT AS WAILING WAILERS

OUR BEST BET IS TO UNITE, WE WHO HAVE BEEN SIDELINED BY THE SYSTEM, AN ENTER INTO THE POLICTAL SPACE, NO MATTER HOW SMALL AND SHOW THEM WHAT REAL AND TRUE GOVERNANCE SHOULD BE AND NOT THIS CHARADE THEY CALLED TRANSFORMATION OR CHANGE

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by KingKuntaVart: 10:05am On Jul 20, 2015
clueless government undecided his job is to carry the 21 nigerians to USA, abeg wetin concern buhari's SON with the trip to USA? is he a government official? the things we see in this country eeehh..

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Rose2014: 10:06am On Jul 20, 2015
Atlantian:
Did anyone told you, that you are smart ? I just did.

Aww thanks bro
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Iykopee(m): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2015
The issue is not about 1.6 billion daily on subsidy. We have a system that seems not to be working and Nigerians have been taken for granted for 2 long a time... We shud be questioning the govt who hitherto claimed that subsidy neva existed. So whatever money they are to spend concerning subsidy is a total lie. There's no subsidy, this present govt is full of lies and fraud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by engrjacuzzi: 10:08am On Jul 20, 2015
subsidy my foot.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 20, 2015
49cents:

if u want to quote someone next time, the straightforward thing to do is quote the entire text and bold the line u dont agree qith...............your currently style is miscchievous and APC-ISH

Refering to your political opponents....some of whom could vote for your platform in 2019 by the names you used in your original post is not the way to win friends from the other side of the political spectrum.

APC IS PDP UNDER A NEW UMBRELLA BRAND NAME.................IS SARAKI NOT APC AND THE SENATE PRESIDENT AND HAS A PDP VICE?
OR IS DOGORA NOT VOTED IN BY HIS FREINDS IN THE PDP, THEY LOUNGE TOGETHER OFF CAMERA AND PICK UP GIRLS TO HILTON FROM UNI ABUJA AND YOU HERE ON NAIRALAND CALLING ANYBODY HO SPEAKS AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT AS WAILING WAILERS

Defections are a way of the Nigerian political life. And anyway APC too consist of people like Buhari, Tinubu and co who were never in PDP.

And anyway....I do not use the term ''wailing wailers'' to refer to opposition faithful....and have infact called out anti-PDP elements for using political insults once or twice.

And anyway....I am not PDP or APC....I am, and always have been for my country first, others a distant second.

I watch to see APC perform . If they mess up....out they go.I have gone beyond waiting for Godot.

OUR BEST BET IS TO UNITE, WE WHO HAVE BEEN SIDELINED BY THE SYSTEM, AN ENTER INTO THE POLICTAL SPACE, NO MATTER HOW SMALL AND SHOW THEM WHAT REAL AND TRUE GOVERNANCE SHOULD BE AND NOT THIS CHARADE THEY CALLED TRANSFORMATION OR CHANGE

Good.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by 49cents(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2015
Iykopee:
The issue is not about 1.6 billion daily on subsidy. We have a system that seems not to be working and Nigerians have been taken for granted for 2 long a time... We shud be questioning the govt who hitherto claimed that subsidy neva existed. So whatever money they are to spend concerning subsidy is a total lie. There's no subsidy, this present govt is a full of lies and fraud.

GREAT POST

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by onatisi(m): 10:14am On Jul 20, 2015
Apc and buhari are finding it difficult to implement a subsidy removal because they protested against it just 3 years back. How will they tell nigerians that they want to implement a policy they vehemently protested against 3years ago as been anti people. It will be more or less telling nigerians that they were lying all along and pdp will pick this up immediately and use it against them. How will apc tell nigerians that they were wrong then?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by EPOMA(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:
Okay. Pardon me I didn't read the article. But from the tone of the op and knowing his political leanings, I can rightly guess the figure represents an increase from what it used to be.

A little math here wouldn't hurt I suppose.

If we are spending approximately N1.6b daily, it means we would spend N584billion by the end of the year.

Now, since this represents an upsurge, it means we must have been paying less in the past, yet Jonathan spent over N2.0trillion on the same item in 1year!!

....And they call him a hero. grin

That dude is a freaking Ali Baba!! We know who the other 40 ##ieves are. grin

Exactly what am thinking

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by hinwazaka: 10:19am On Jul 20, 2015
It is obvious to even the blind that the subsidy issue is a precarious one. The stance of the government is as a result of their dodgy, confusion state like approach to all issues. It is obvious that PMB's view on it is political and not altruistic. Even his own party and his so called transition committee suggested the scrapping of subsidy as an instant policy initiative. The government we have in place is weak and indecisive, they are so scared of eroding their goodwill, and that is the major reason not the their love for Nigerians. In petrol stations fuel is being sold above the regulated price. So why is the government not taking advantage if this to scrap the subsidy payments. The obvious reason is FEAR and INCOMPETENCE, not research.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Firefire(m): 10:21am On Jul 20, 2015
onatisi:
Apc and buhari are finding it difficult to implement a subsidy removal because they protested against it just 3 years back. How will they tell nigerians that they want to implement a policy they vehemently protested against 3years ago as been anti people. It will be more or less telling nigerians that they were lying all along and pdp will pick this up immediately and use it against them. Now they are in the middle .

They should swallow their pride and remove it...

We are witnessing a double subsidy payment now.

https://www.nairaland.com/2463504/petrol-subsidy-hits-n1.69bn-daily#36064792

1 Share

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Omooba77: 10:22am On Jul 20, 2015
ba7man:
... @Omenka did the calculation and your ''Hero'' spent 4 Times the amount Buhari stands to spend in a year on the same petroleum subsidy......... despite the cost of fuel almost double the current price during your ''Hero's'' regime.

Your. ''Hero'' is a crook and this topic further exposes him.

Learn to read to understand.
Let him do the calculation,let him not forget the oil price then.You are funnying trying always to defend inevitables .Politics has ended realities is on ground.God bless Nigeria and deliver us from hypocrisy and unrepentant hearts.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by tonychristopher: 10:22am On Jul 20, 2015
when daura dullllard said that he will make it a litre 40 I laughed at the stupidity if these APC urchins chanting change

now the dullard us in USA ..Obama has ordered a subtitling amchkne that will sub title English to English now Judas of ubima was their the fat frog from imo state is there

petrol is 100 a litre yet there is subsidy

look at the mess the sophisticated ones put us again

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Omooba77: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2015
Iykopee:
The issue is not about 1.6 billion daily on subsidy. We have a system that seems not to be working and Nigerians have been taken for granted for 2 long a time... We shud be questioning the govt who hitherto claimed that subsidy neva existed. So whatever money they are to spend concerning subsidy is a total lie. There's no subsidy, this present govt is full of lies and fraud.
That was the lie they sold to gullible Nigerians to get power.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by PrinceMario(m): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2015
Firefire:
Is Nigeria really on auto-pilot?

Nigerian government is subsidizing our petrol with N42.35 per litre, expecting us to buy at N87 per litre.

Unfortunately you can’t get the fuel at the official pump price of N87 and yet we are still paying subsidy every day?

Who are this wicked cabals?

[size=18pt]
Why is the government of Change under Buhari keeping silent since May 29th?
[/size]

If the official price is N87 per litre and we are buying fuel at N110 per litre, and Nigerians consume 40 million litres of Petrol daily see the computations below:

See the loss to Nigerians since President M Buhari took over:

Official Price 87/L

- You are buying at 110/L

- You are paying additional (87-110) = (23)/L

- Nigeria daily fuel consumption is 40 Million litres (40MM x 23) = 920 Million loss every day.

Buari days in office now 51 Days.

51 Days x 92 Million Naira daily loss

Total loss to Nigerians under Mohamodu Buhari is now 46 Billion Naira, excluding the official subsidy of 1.6 Billion Naira daily.

Na so we go dey?
You still have 7yrs+6months to wail. Keep the fire burning for the next 7yrs.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Bizibi(m): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2015
tonychristopher:
when daura dullllard said that he will make it a litre 40 I laughed at the stupidity if these APC urchins chanting change

now the dullard us in USA ..Obama has ordered a subtitling amchkne that will sub title English to English now Judas of ubima was their the fat frog from imo state is there

petrol is 100 a litre yet there is subsidy

look at the mess the sophisticated ones put us again
yea,someone told me about the subtitle,I thought it was a joke
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by gagewonda(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2015
Lets always b rational please nd stop dis blind following of politicians dat don't care abt us be it APC or PDP. PMB said he don't knw wat subsidy was, now he says it shld be maintained. Considering d huge amount used in subsidising dis product nd d fact dat as at ystday I filled my tank at 105/ ltr means dis subsidy isn't getting to d common man, ders no need for it. Dis huge moneys paid could be rechannelled to cushioning d effect of subsidy removal rather. Subsidise transport cost instead of petrol, subsidise health care instead, subsidise power instead, nd u claim u r bringing change to us what is now diffrnt from d past govt now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar: Negotiating With Bandits Not Best Solution / Senator Ubah Visits Burnt Mgbuka Nkpor Market / DSS Not Sponsoring Biafra National Guard To Enforce Sit-at-home Order - Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.