Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily (17105 Views)

Petrol Subsidy Returns As Nigeria Pays N28 Per Liter / Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Petrol Subsidy Removal / FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Candyrain(m): 10:29am On Jul 20, 2015
A fast one has been played on Nigerians. They used chibok girls, subsidy removal and others to scam Nigerians to get into power. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by PrinceMario(m): 10:30am On Jul 20, 2015
tonychristopher:
when daura dullllard said that he will make it a litre 40 I laughed at the stupidity if these APC urchins chanting change

now the dullard us in USA ..Obama has ordered a subtitling amchkne that will sub title English to English now Judas of ubima was their the fat frog from imo state is there

petrol is 100 a litre yet there is subsidy

look at the mess the sophisticated ones put us again
The agony of a wailing wailer. Only God knows when u guys will recover from the March 28 shock.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Firefire(m): 10:31am On Jul 20, 2015
PrinceMario:
You still have 7yrs+6months to wail. Keep the fire burning for the next 7yrs.

I see that most of you have sold your mind to the enemies of Nigeria on the platform of CHANGE & partisanship.

You see this as wailing?

You guys have lost credibility already, you could not counter our posts objectively any more, you rather results to cheap blackmail.

Continue, we are all in the same boat, abi na only me dey buy fuel above the official pump price? NO!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by ba7man(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2015
Omooba77:

Let him do the calculation,let him not forget the oil price then.You are funnying trying always to defend inevitables .Politics has ended realities is on ground.God bless Nigeria and deliver us from hypocrisy and unrepentant hearts.
Oil prices reduce by approximately 50%......... subsidy reduces by approximately 75%.......... is that not progress to you?

Facts out is Get was being continually scammed with the subsidy payments he made and he kept falling for the same tricks over again.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Rilwayne001: 10:32am On Jul 20, 2015
koboko69:
Dear Wailing wailers

Calm down. Baba is coming for subsidy!!!

If Buhari's Government spends approximately N1.6b daily, it means we would spend N584billion by the end of the year.

Jonathan spent over N2.0trillion on subsidy in 1 year!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stinking Hypocrisy of the wailers!!!!
at least........

Firefire, I expect to see you counter the above.

Bottom line, [size=15pt] 8 more years to go cheesy [/size] After when Fashola will take over tongue

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by PrinceMario(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2015
49cents:
BUT APC and Buhari swore that there wasnt anything like subsidy so what are they removing

yeye government, believed and defended by lunatics, voted in by fools
At least,PMB has the balls to rule Nigeria. Not as clueless as the otuoke goat who we disgraced out of aso villa.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by tete7000(m): 10:33am On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:
Okay. Pardon me I didn't read the article. But from the tone of the op and knowing his political leanings, I can rightly guess the figure represents an increase from what it used to be.

A little math here wouldn't hurt I suppose.

If we are spending approximately N1.6b daily, it means we would spend N584billion by the end of the year.

Now, since this represents an upsurge, it means we must have been paying less in the past, yet Jonathan spent over N2.0trillion on the same item in 1year!!

....And they call him a hero. grin

That dude is a freaking Ali Baba!! We know who the other 40 ##ieves are. grin

I must say its quite sad and pathetic to imagine you didn't read before commenting.
Anyway let me help you out. The crude is sold for about $57 per barrel and the subsidy figure stands at the current price. Now what you don't know is that the subsidy cost will increase as the crude price increases. At some point in the last govt life, crude hit like over a $100 per barrel and that means during those periods they are paying almost double what is currently being paid if we assume there is direct variation between the crude price and subsidy payment (even though this might not been so but whatever, there is sure to be subsidy increase as crude price increases.)
In the life of this govt too, should crude price rise in the international market there is bound to be rise in subsidy payment and your stipulated estimate of over $500bn fade into insignificance with time. If the crude price increases far beyond what it is now, the govt might end up overtime pay close to/more than the $1tr past govt paid. This reason is basically why it is difficult to accurately budget for subsidy as crude price is a fluctuating figure that is difficult to be accurately predicted.
Hope you have been enlightened. It is not everything people in the past govt said that are necessarily false. Sometimes ago you had believe as told that subsidy was fraud but you can see now that there was no fraud in it but pure propaganda the opposition party uses in winning election.

Hope you will have patience in reading through. You need to be able to read to really be thoroughly learned.

6 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Firefire(m): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Of course...oil subsidy must go.

Importing the stuff costs more than selling it at N87. And subsidy just covers the difference barely.

We could cushion the effect by building more refineries.....but that is going to take time.

I know NNPC is a corrupt cesspool, and I know of the subsidy scams(which by the way happen because most marketers are making zero profit from the current subsidy regime)....but let's be honest, we are wasting money. Money which we do not have because....oil prices per barrel dropped.

Thank you for your comment.

We are paying double fuel subsidy at the moment.

Nigerians are paying since the filling stations are not selling at the official subsidized rate of N87/L and the government is also paying N42.35 on every single litre consumed per day. (40 Million Litres/D)

We can't continue like this...

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by omenka(m): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2015
tete7000:

I must say its quite sad and pathetic to imagine you didn't read before commenting. Anyway let me help you out. The crude is sold for about $57 per barrel and the subsidy figure stood at the current price. Now what you don't know is that the subsidy cost will increase as the crude price increases. At some point in the last got life, crude hits like over a $100 per barrel and that means during those periods they are paying almost double what is currently being paid if we assume there is direct variation between the crude price and subsidy payment(even though this might not been so but whatever there is sure to be subsidy increase as crude price increase.)
In the life of this govt too, should crude price rise in the international market there is bound to be rise in subsidy payment and you stipulated estimate of over $500bn fade into insignificance with time. If the crude price increase far beyond what it is now, the govt might end up overtime pay close to/more than the $1tr past govt paid. This reason is basically why it is difficult to accurately budget for subsidy as crude price is a fluctuating figure that is difficult to be accurately predicted.
Hope you have been enlightened. It is not everything people in the past govt said that are necessarily false. Sometimes ago you had believe as told that subsidy was fraud but you can see now that there was no fraud in it but pure propaganda the opposition party uses in winning election.

Hope you will have patience in reading through. You need to be able to read to really be thoroughly learned.
The title says hits, and that simply means an "increase". If you people find it difficult understanding simple english, that is none of my business.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Candyrain(m): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2015
lonelydora:
The earlier we remove this subsidy the better for all Nigerians. But before this, things must be in place to cushion the initial effect on the citizens.

The only way to cushion the effect is to get the refineries working. All these subsidy shít is becos they are importing this pms into the country.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by tonychristopher: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2015
PrinceMario:
The agony of a wailing wailer. Only God knows when u guys will recover from the March 28 shock.

are you a follower of the kunu sipping zobo drinking gworo chewing dullllard...
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by 49cents(m): 10:38am On Jul 20, 2015
gagewonda:
Lets always b rational please nd stop dis blind following of politicians dat don't care abt us be it APC or PDP. PMB said he don't knw wat subsidy was, now he says it shld be maintained. Considering d huge amount used in subsidising dis product nd d fact dat as at ystday I filled my tank at 105/ ltr means dis subsidy isn't getting to d common man, ders no need for it. Dis huge moneys paid could be rechannelled to cushioning d effect of subsidy removal rather. Subsidise transport cost instead of petrol, subsidise health care instead, subsidise power instead, nd u claim u r bringing change to us what is now diffrnt from d past govt now?

YOU ARE A VERY INTELLIGENT PERSON

THAT HAS BEEN WHAT AM PREACHING TONY FRUEINDS

MOST OF THE FUEL WE ARE SUPPOSSEDLY COMSUMING IN NIGERIA FINS ITS WAY TO BENIN REPUBLIC, NIGER ADN CO

IF HEALTHCARE IS USBSIDISED, WITH EDUCTION AND MASS TRANSPORTAION AND HOUSING..THESE CANT BE SMUGGLED OUT

BUT NIGERIANS SEF DONT KNOW WHAT THEU NEED...THEY PREFER TO BUY FUEL AT 50NAIRA AND PAY HIGH PRICES FOR EVERYTHING ELSE

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by PrinceMario(m): 10:39am On Jul 20, 2015
Firefire:

I see that most of you have sold your mind to the enemies of Nigeria on the platform of CHANGE & partisanship.

You see this as wailing?

You guys have lost credibility already, you could not counter our posts objectively any more, you rather results to cheap blackmail.

Continue, we are all in the same boat, abi na only me dey buy fuel above the official pump price? NO!
#1.6b daily is less than #600b in a year. The otuoke goat spent over 2trillion naira in one year on petrol subsidy. We are yet to also forget the #3trillion kerosene subsidy. Foolish hypocrite wanting to blackmail a government which is less than 3months by justifying the cankerworm that milked us dry for 6 solid years.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Firefire(m): 10:39am On Jul 20, 2015
tete7000:

I must say its quite sad and pathetic to imagine you didn't read before commenting.
Anyway let me help you out. The crude is sold for about $57 per barrel and the subsidy figure stands at the current price. Now what you don't know is that the subsidy cost will increase as the crude price increases. At some point in the last govt life, crude hit like over a $100 per barrel and that means during those periods they are paying almost double what is currently being paid if we assume there is direct variation between the crude price and subsidy payment (even though this might not been so but whatever, there is sure to be subsidy increase as crude price increases.)
In the life of this govt too, should crude price rise in the international market there is bound to be rise in subsidy payment and your stipulated estimate of over $500bn fade into insignificance with time. If the crude price increases far beyond what it is now, the govt might end up overtime pay close to/more than the $1tr past govt paid. This reason is basically why it is difficult to accurately budget for subsidy as crude price is a fluctuating figure that is difficult to be accurately predicted.

Thank you for schooling the Professor of English.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by crystalmart20: 10:39am On Jul 20, 2015
Get winning with betting on sport games and have your payouts easily with fixed matches, get great winnings like on the screenshot, contact me by clicking this link.

https://m.facebook.com/martin.crystal.14?fref=nf&pn_ref=story&ref_component=mbasic_home_header&ref_page=%2Fwap%2Fprofile_timeline.php&refid=17

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Firefire(m): 10:41am On Jul 20, 2015
PrinceMario:
#1.6b daily is less than #600b in a year. The otuoke goat spent over 2trillion naira in one year on petrol subsidy. We are yet to also forget the #3trillion kerosene subsidy. Foolish hypocrite wanting to blackmail a government which is less than 3months by justifying the cankerworm that milked us dry for 6 solid years.

Please take your time to read this post and get understanding...

tete7000:

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by tonychristopher: 10:42am On Jul 20, 2015
Bizibi:
yea,someone told me about the subtitle,I thought it was a joke

if we Nigerians can't decode his undecodable then who is Obama

the best thing is to buy the English to English translation machine ....and gworo must be handy

I dey pity Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by PrinceMario(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2015
Firefire:

Thank you for schooling the Professor of English.
Counter his facts and figures rather than trying to hid behind a finger.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by tete7000(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:
The title says hits, and that simply means an "increase". If you people find it difficult understanding simple english, that is none of my business.

What is this one saying? It hits, does it mean it has reached its peak and won't go up or come down depending on what happen in the crude market? Oh, you still didn't read and want to teach me english? Sorry for you! You really need help. You can't be enlightened.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Legitbaba(m): 10:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Buahri will deny this through Adesinq...whn he comes bck from d US
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by myklangelo(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2015
The simple thng is to remove the subsidy as Jonathn planned. Nigeria will tighten their set belts.
The govt should add he subsidy cost to other budgeted cost nd refurbish all our refineries. All heir capacities cn be incresed if our govt can be honest for once.

Igbo ga-adiriri.
Visit the 1st Igbo blog
www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by tonychristopher: 10:47am On Jul 20, 2015
49cents:

MOST OF THE FUEL WE ARE SUPPOSSEDLY COMSUMING IN NIGERIA FINS ITS WAY TO BENIN REPUBLIC, NIGER ADN CO

IF HEALTHCARE IS USBSIDISED, WITH EDUCTION AND MASS TRANSPORTAION AND HOUSING..THESE CANT BE SMUGGLED OUT

BUT NIGERIANS SEF DONT KNOW WHAT THEU NEED...THEY PREFER TO BUY FUEL AT 50NAIRA AND PAY HIGH PRICES FOR EVERYTHING ELSE

point of correction ....its not Nigerians its some group of sophisticated ones ..pls in east and some south south region they have been buying pms 100 for more than 3 yrs and you do not have ar noise

I keep saying let the market forces which is demand and supply determine the price of pms et al. there must be an equilibrium price

it's just stupid for any idiottt to assume the price of pms will be the same in Lagos delta Kano and sokoto

where do you factor the logistic costs and other overhead

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by EmekaBlue(m): 10:47am On Jul 20, 2015
hahaha..Dullard i n ho scam smart nigerians,...wht a shame..thankGod i no follow but this is sad
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by 49cents(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2015
PrinceMario:
At least,PMB has the balls to rule Nigeria. Not as clueless as the otuoke goat who we disgraced out of aso villa.

LYING OR DECEPTION IS CORRUPTION

WHAT YOU ARE SAYING NOW IS THAT IN FUTURE EVERY POLITICAIN CAN CREATE PROPAGANDA, TELL LIES, MAKE FALSE PROMISES JUST TO WIN AN ELECTION??

I WONDER HOW THE SE POLITICIANS SLEEP AT NIGET

DURUNG THE WEEK I BOUGHT FUEL AT 120 PER LITER AND THE PUMP SEF HAD BEEN TAMPERED WITH AND U ARE HERE REFERRING TO AN EX PRESIDENT

THE CITIZENS ARE THE ONES TO MAKE A GOVERNMENT SIT UP...DEFENDING THEM IS PROLONGING INPUNITY

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Firefire(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2015
tete7000:

What is this one saying? It hits, does it mean it has reached its peak and won't go up or come down depending on what happen in the crude market? Oh, you still didn't read and want to teach me english? Sorry for you! You really need help. You can't be enlightened.

Perfect response.

Help on the way for him...

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by gagewonda(m): 10:49am On Jul 20, 2015
49cents:

thank you, nigeria my people suffer from lack of knowledge nd rational judgement. Too much sensationalism here dats why a whole national cld be deceived by some pple who even seem more clueless to deal with our national problems
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by Firefire(m): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Firefire, I expect to see you counter the above.

Bottom line, [size=15pt] 8 more years to go cheesy [/size] After when Fashola will take over tongue

read it carefully...

https://www.nairaland.com/2463504/petrol-subsidy-hits-n1.69bn-daily/2#36074627
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by major466(m): 10:56am On Jul 20, 2015
onatisi:
bro, did buhari actually say all these ? If he did then Nigeria is in some deep deep deep very deep problems .
Actually Bubu said he does'nt understand what subsidy is all about; meaning he believes subsidy must be some kind of scam. Today he's singing a different tone contrary to what he stood for before the elections.
Because of desperation for power, they made some Nigerians believe that Subsidy does not exist. They exploited the ignorance of Nigerian populace to scam their way to power.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by IBROHIM: 10:56am On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:
Okay. Pardon me I didn't read the article. But from the tone of the op and knowing his political leanings, I can rightly guess the figure represents an increase from what it used to be.

If we are spending approximately N1.6b daily, it means we would spend N584billion by the end of the year.

Now, since this represents an upsurge, it means we must have been paying less in the past, yet Jonathan spent over N2.0trillion on the same item in 1year!!

may God bless you! You took the words right from my keyboard! Why are people so bitter with hate? In 2011 we spent nearly 2 trillions on this same subsidy! Instead of jubilating that we are gradually fighting corruption some people are here hating!

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily by neocortex: 10:59am On Jul 20, 2015
omenka:

In your mind you were like:

I , omenka must continue to suffer because Jonathan did this and that.
What happened to the "change" you championed ? is it still on his way

If close to 2 months of Buhari's administration you still can't make any point without referring to GEJ,
then why the hell do you think to have a "new" president ?

SMH at your hopeless state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo In Abidjan For Swearing-In Of Adesina, As AFDB President (Photos) / #CBNgate Trending On Twitter / Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Udo Udoma Over 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.