Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,068 members, 7,849,324 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:37 PM

Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House (829 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Graduates With Distinction At U.S. Army War College / Police Raid Deputy Senate President Official Guest House / Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by ManirBK: 6:16am On Jul 20, 2015
President Buhari, who left for the US this morning, will be staying at the Blair House in Washington D.C during his US visit, according to the presidency. He will be the first Nigerian president ever to stay in the house which is the US President’s official guest house.
An invitation by a sitting US President to stay in this historic guest house is regarded in America as an honor of highest significance. When visiting leaders reside here, the flags of their nations fly proudly over Blair House, a courtesy that serves as both a gracious welcome and a symbol of the home’s crucial role in diplomatic relations. SSA to Buhari on media & publicity, Shehu Garba shared the photo of him and another Nigerian standing in front of the historic building.SOURCE: http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/buhari-becomes-first-nigerian-president-in-history-to-stay-at-us-presidents-official-guest-house/
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by Goovo(m): 6:18am On Jul 20, 2015
Really
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by Demmocrats(m): 6:20am On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by SirHouloo(m): 6:21am On Jul 20, 2015
On top this gay issue? I pray this man isn't just fooled into reversing the rule. God bless PMB.
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by RazziP(m): 6:23am On Jul 20, 2015
Not a story
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by fashoo2010(m): 6:23am On Jul 20, 2015
Dats how it ought to be, wen president of a country is invited, the host country ought to provide a befitting accomodation for them, they ought not to rent a hotel to stay...
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by ChuzzyBlog: 6:24am On Jul 20, 2015
Not sure of what this visit will bring back to our great Nation.... undecided
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by mytime24(f): 6:24am On Jul 20, 2015
If u wan catch monkey
Giv am banana
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by silica(m): 6:24am On Jul 20, 2015
Not quite true. Tafawa Belewa stayed there during his visit just to the US on July 25th, 1961. It was a proud moment in our history just after independence.
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by ChuzzyBlog: 6:27am On Jul 20, 2015
silica:
Not quite true. Tafawa Belewa stayed there during his visit just to the US on July 25th, 1961. It was a proud moment in our history just after independence.

Right
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by isbish(m): 6:29am On Jul 20, 2015
;DWhat do you expect? He is a great man. God's chosen. A man of humility, maturity and exudes an aura so admirable and classy that even Tanoids love him but wouldn't admit it. I always tell haters that how Buhari came into power after all his initial failings is an indicator of God's time and approval. Its utter madness spewing slanders in the most myopic way on a Man God Himself chose for us to be our leader. He is a man of the people. A charismatic gem. I just love PMB and am sure most of us do. Hit like for PMB if u love him pls. Share if u want Tanoids to feel frustrated over PMB's class, aura and charisma.
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by emeka2847: 6:30am On Jul 20, 2015
Historic facts!
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by emeka2847: 6:30am On Jul 20, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by Zaikon(m): 6:34am On Jul 20, 2015
history ... gud
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by Xyg12: 6:36am On Jul 20, 2015
I can only say that Nigeria like to remain slaves. Which other countries in the world have ever behaved the way Nigerian Gov is doing? Blair came to Nigeria, How did he behave? Now our president is going to US with our secret documents, sack some, US decided who will be on the list of entourage. It is imperativeto say 'Buhari went to swear Obama in'

Which country will want to be controlled by another president? Sorry to say, but Obama is the president of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 20, 2015
[s]
Xyg12:
I can only say that Nigeria like to remain slaves. Which other countries in the world have ever behaved the way Nigerian Gov is doing? Blair came to Nigeria, How did he behave? Now our president is going to US with our secret documents, sack some, US decided who will be on the list of entourage. It is imperativeto say 'Buhari went to swear Obama in'

Which country will want to be controlled by another president? Sorry to say, but Obama is the president of Nigeria.
[/s]

Learn to keep quiet if you don't have any meaningful thing to say
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by morbeta(m): 6:49am On Jul 20, 2015
In Mama piss voice "chai Obama is not good ooooo, me and my husband don visit u but we no sleep for ur guesthouse, Chai chai Obama daris God oooo."

In Oga Jona's deep thought, " kai see levelooo, na nwaoo i f..k up shayoo, Buhari na carry firstlady go, i go dey carry Mama piss wey dey always disgrace me by jumping protocal"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by Segadem(m): 6:50am On Jul 20, 2015
...and some ppl just hate the man without reasons ride on my presido
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by Segadem(m): 6:51am On Jul 20, 2015
Zaikon:
history ... gud
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by Shortyy(f): 6:56am On Jul 20, 2015
So what?
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by worksmart(m): 6:59am On Jul 20, 2015
PMB was secretly removed the weekend following his inauguration.

The photos could be of any US consulate accommodation anywhere in the world.

Xetima:

Sorry, President Obama is in New York holidaying with his family on a two-day trip. Thought PMB would be in New Yok also and ride with them back to Washington The way it is Obama will not have time for Buhari until tomorrow or Tuesday.

By AP

1:07AM BST 19 Jul 2015

Barack Obama has taken his daughters Sasha and Malia on a special overnight trip to New York, spending some quality bonding time with the girls in the Big Apple.

The trio, plus some of the girls' friends, seemed intent on packing a lot into their 24 hours together in the city that never sleeps.

But no one was out of the hotel door too early on a rainy Saturday morning after zigzagging around Manhattan in dad's motorcade into the wee hours on Friday night.

Barack Obama walks in Central Park with his daughters (Reuters)

They finally emerged about 11:30am, as the sun broke though, for a quick stroll through Central Park, joined by the president's sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng and her husband, Konrad Ng. Next it was lunch in Gramercy Park at Upland, featuring California-inspired cuisine.

Then they were off to a matinee of "Hamilton," the hit hip-hop Broadway musical about the Founding Fathers.

The Obamas had lingered past 11pm over dinner at an Italian place in Greenwich Village on Friday and took an after-hours tour of the Whitney Museum that lasted until midnight.

The New York weekend was Mr Obama's idea. He often laments that his girls are less interested in spending time with him now that they are older. But the concept gets a little complicated, of course, when dad is the president.

Mr Obama's every move requires massive security precautions that tie the bustling streets of New York in knots, and he can attract throngs of onlookers in an instant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/11749144/Barack-Obama-takes-daughters-on-a-bonding-trip-to-New-York.html
Re: Buhari Becomes First Nigerian President To Stay At U.S Official Guest House by pass111(m): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2015
I hope this is not one way of coercing him to legalize the gay matter

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Contested 4 Times, Osun 2018 My Chance Omisore / Relocate Boko Haram Prisoners Out Of Ndigbo - Ekueme Tells Buhari / Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.