Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan (820 Views)

Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet / Why I Am Keeping Quiet —jonathan / Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by shaddoww: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has opted to remain silent despite the barrage of questions requiring answers from him by not just newsmen, but Nigerians in general on his handling of the nation’s affairs. Jonathan said he will, for now, rather remain silent. According to his spokesperson while in office, Dr Reuben Abati, the former president has asked him to tell those seeking to speak with him, especially newsmen that he is resting. In an article entitled: “The phones no longer ring,” Abati, the Special Adviser on Media to Jonathan, said he has had to deal with barrage of requests for interview with his former boss. He, however, said Jonathan had told him to inform those making the requests that he is resting. In the article in which Abati appeared to be at pains as to the stoppage of the numerous phone calls that he got while in office, but most of which he did not attend to, he explained: “Today, the phones remain loudly silent, with the exception of calls from those friends who are not gloating, who have been offering words of commendation and support. “They include childhood friends, former colleagues, elderly associates, fans, and family members. “And those who want interviews with President Jonathan, both local and international – they want his reaction on every development, so many of them from every part of the planet. “But he is resting and he has asked me to say he is not ready yet to say anything. “It is truly, a different moment, and indeed, ‘no condition is permanent.’ “The ones who won’t give up with the stream of phone calls and text messages are those who keep pestering me with requests for financial assistance. “I am made to understand that there is something called “special handshake” and that everyone who goes into government supposed to exit with carton loads of cash. “I am in no position to assist such people, because no explanation will make sense to them. “Here I am, at the crossroads; I am glad to be here.” In the opening paragraphs of the article, which was earlier published by this news website, Abati said: “As spokesman to President Goodluck Jonathan, my phones rang endlessly and became more than personal navigators within the social space. “They defined my entire life; dusk to dawn, all year-round. “The phones buzzed non-stop, my email was permanently active; my twitter account received tons of messages per second. “The worst moments were those days when there was a Boko Haram attack virtually every Sunday.”
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
b4 nko?

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by peleson: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
Best man

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by VcStunner(m): 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2015
Alright sir

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by rusher14: 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
Was always silent anyway.

And when he spoke....oh Lord!

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by MabraO: 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
Better he keeps silence than open that his ogogoro sipping mouth nd spew rubbish

Wot do u expect from from d otuoeke drunkard?
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by Candyrain(m): 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2015
He has done his bit, he should be allowed to rest. Every thing else should be directed to Bubu.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by Chars1289: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2015
wen probe is on the way.na to keep quiet sure pass.
gej till 2019 in prison
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
grin grin grin grin Kontinu keeping quiet until you find yourself with a cell mate!
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by viceldo(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
your tenor have come and gone......xo pis spare us this trash.....
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by hakeem4(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2015
I pray God should rule GEJ life the way he ruled Nigeria
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by ki02020(m): 6:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
And even if he want to talk does he he have anything to say to justify his unreasonable actions while he was In power undecided
Re: Why I Am Keeping Quiet — Jonathan by Tallesty1(m): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
hakeem4:
I pray God should rule GEJ life the way he ruled Nigeria
And what if your arrow rebounds?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Politicians Rent Crowds In USA Too / SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All / Which Will You Like President Buhari To Tour Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.