Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer (3861 Views)

Need Help ICT Guru's With ICT Idea / Become A Programmer Guru/Designer Guru @ a Cheap Price / Is Virtualization Really A Next Generation Of Technology ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by tgmservice: 8:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
Pls do not criticize me on this question is just out of curiosity. I have heard people on this forum call seun a programming God, yeah I know he is good but is he really that good. I found out nairaland was not built from scratch coding but on SMF just like CMS an engine 4 building forums of which anyone can do.
if he is that good I feel he should have brought up another technology by now, I mean if u take away nairaland from him he is done. I feel seun and the likes of linda ikeji just stumbled on the right information at the right tym when their mates where still sleeping. What do u think pls don't be harsh

4 Likes

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
tgmservice:
Pls do not criticize me on this question is just out of curiosity. I have heard people on this forum call seun a programming God, yeah I know he is good but is he really that good. I found out nairaland was not built from scratch coding but on SMF just like CMS an engine 4 building forums of which anyone can do.
if he is that good I feel he should have brought up another technology by now, I mean if u take away nairaland from him he is done. I feel seun and the likes of linda ikeji just stumbled on the right information at the right tym when their mates where still sleeping. What do u think pls don't be harsh
Nna wetin happen na,yes he is good , nairaland has since been changed from smf to python from what I heard, and please don't compare seun and linda ikeji again, for where seun dey , she no reach, seun is creative , linda talks about people , seun created something for people to talk about so he doesn't have to do the talking, he is a cool guy, I have hidden dis for a while but he is among my role models after steve jobs, mark zuckerberg, then seun, he started nairaland at about the same time facebook started,no offence but did u even know the meaning of html at that point in time , seun carry go we dey ur back, na we dey here,na we get am.bro learn a lot from seun , he is curteous, polite,well meaning , come on give him some credit,and remember never in your life compare seun and linda if u no want make we fight. Peace
Cc seun
Cc lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Cyberthreat: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
Donald3d:
Nna wetin happen na,yes he is good , nairaland has since been changed from smf to python from what I heard, and please don't compare seun and linda ikeji again, for where seun dey , she no reach, seun is creative , linda talks about people , seun created something for people to talk about so he doesn't have to do the talking, he is a cool guy, I have hidden dis for a while but he is among my role models after steve jobs, mark zuckerberg, then seun, he started nairaland at about the same time facebook started,no offence but did u even know the meaning of html at that point in time , seun carry go we dey ur back, na we dey here,na we get am.bro learn a lot from seun , he is curteous, polite,well meaning , come on give him some credit,and remember never in your life compare seun and linda if u no want make we fight. Peace
Cc seun
Cc lalasticlala

bros no dey talk wetin u no no.. This is linda ikeji and nairaland's ranking(alexa).. And the kind money wey linda dey make both from traffic and advertisement.. Seun have not reached that level..u can say seun knows programming more dan linda.. But linda is a very powerful blogger

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
Cyberthreat:

bros no dey talk wetin u no no.. This is linda ikeji and nairaland's ranking(alexa).. And the kind money wey linda dey make both from traffic and advertisement.. Seun have not reached that level..u can say seun knows programming more dan linda.. But linda is a very powerful blogger
there is a clear difference between quality and quantity my friend,i dont need to start explaining to you the quality ,well layed out navigation etc of Nairaland ,look around you,you will only truly understand the beauty of it all if you know what it takes to make such a site.
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Cyberthreat: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
Donald3d:
there is a clear difference between quality and quantity my friend,i dont need to start explaining to you the quality ,well layed out navigation etc of Nairaland ,look around you,you will only truly understand the beauty of it all if you know what it takes to make such a site.

seun can easily modify his site.. But she cant easily modify cos it's google blog... And you know d funniest thing.. ? She is not paying anything.. So she is not losing

2 Likes

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by tgmservice: 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
go to www.nicenaija.com its also a forum that luks like niaraland most forums luk lik this. Am not comparing seun with ikeji am just saying am just saying we are blowing the programming prowess of seun out of proportion. Some peeps comparing him with mark zurkerberg
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Cyberthreat:

seun can easily modify his site.. But she cant easily modify cos it's google blog... And you know d funniest thing.. ? She is not paying anything.. So she is not losing
Thank God you pointed out the difference yourself ,so from your statement who is more creative,who is more hard working,who invests more financially and creatively,who supplies better content,whose site are you using to make your points clearright now,which site is more informative,bro nairaland is a beauty , i don't expect u to accept it everyone is entitled to their opinion,this is mine I LOVE nairaland ,SEUN IS AWESOME,I LOVE CREATIVE PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Cyberthreat: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
Donald3d:
Thank God you pointed out the difference yourself ,so from your statement who is more creative,who is more hard working,who invests more financially and creatively,who supplies better content,whose site are you using to make your points clearright now,which site is more informative,bro nairaland is a beauty , i don't expect u to accept it everyone is entitled to their opinion,this is mine I LOVE nairaland ,SEUN IS AWESOME,I LOVE CREATIVE PEOPLE

2 of dem are hard working. Linda does all the writing..do u know what it means.. no rest...seun don't program everyday.. And in cash.. Linda is richer.. Evrybody knws dat 1.. ..na cash be d main tin o
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 10:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
Cyberthreat:

2 of dem are hard working. Linda does all the writing..do u know what it means.. no rest...seun don't program everyday.. And in cash.. Linda is richer.. Evrybody knws dat 1.. ..na cash be d main tin o
there is a difference between writing english and codeglish<my own word> ,i wont argue further with u enjoy LIB

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by JigsawKillah(m): 11:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
Seun is good, he knows his thing. Linda too is good and knows her thing but you dont compare breaking into people's privacy a big hell of a job. Seun should be idolized and is better placed as a role model to youngins than Linda. I'm not saying both of them won't make nice role models but think of it, Seun over Linda anyday.

and yes
Seun is good at programming but not a god. no one is a god. there's a pidgin adage which says 'na where you think say you know reach, na there another person take start'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by tgmservice: 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
JigsawKillah:
Seun is good, he knows his thing. Linda too is good and knows her thing but you dont compare breaking into people's privacy a big hell of a job. Seun should be idolized and is better placed as a role model to youngins than Linda. I'm not saying both of them won't make nice role models but think of it, Seun over Linda anyday.

and yes
Seun is good at programming but not a god. no one is a god. there's a pidgin adage which says 'na where you think say you know reach, na there another person take start'
I knw he is not a god but is he comparably to someone lik mark zurkerberg
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 21, 2015
tgmservice:

It is a simple no answer seun sucks in programming

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by AAinEqGuinea: 4:49am On Jul 21, 2015
I've come across true programming ninjas in this section. If I were Seun I'd hired a few of these guys, but I'm in no position to know if there are many Nairaland fires that hired help could put out. Similar events to Nairaland's big data loss of 2014 could have likely been prevented and/or readily rectified if selected staff or interns could have looked under the hood at source code and at dependencies. Nairaland is a perfect IT and social service case study regardless.

2 Likes

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by fattbabakay(m): 6:25am On Jul 21, 2015
He's a programmer!!! Linda's blog is damn too ugly, i wonder if she even knows html.

Only if my chairman Seun could implement adsense and a couple monetary tricks, he would be making more money by far... We are not all abou d money though, i trust masef !!!

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by HCpaul(m): 8:22am On Jul 21, 2015
Even if Linda is the richest, Seun still emerges to be the best.

That is the downfall of Nigerian as a whole. Someone invented the most powerful, creative, oldest, and recognizable forum in Nigeria, and you are still abusing him. Seun will soon launch out a company, where he will hire many programmers, in associate with hardware companies in the production of new technologies and inventions. Am only scared cuz Google and Microsoft may decide to hire him.

The fact that Linda is having more advocate is proving that Nigerians love irresponsibility. What will one be doing on a blog site, while Nairaland covers more sections.

Seun still remains the only mentor i have in Nigerian. Most bloggers went into blogging because of money.

Seun! I can't just wait for your new company to be launch out.

Start a company, because todays inventions is in teamwork.
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 21, 2015
tgmservice:

Seun is good in one programming language ; PYTHON

Nairaland's Dynamic Ad system wasn't developed by him. Most people don't know. He hired programmers to build the system.
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 21, 2015
tgmservice:

Lol. Mark is by Far ahead of him. BY FAR!.

2 Likes

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 21, 2015
Donald3d:
Cc seun
Cc lalasticlala

He started Nairaland same time with FB.

FB has over 1.2Billion Users

Nairaland has 1Million Users. Slow growth.
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2015
Mrkelv:

He started Nairaland same time with FB.

FB has over 1.2Billion Users

Nairaland has 1Million Users. Slow growth.
do you have a site bro ? , how many people do we have in nigeria ,how many people have full access to electricity and good and affordable internet, besides facebook is world wide nairaland is indigenous,give the guy some credit

3 Likes

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2015
And please nairaland has 1.4 million,not 1 million abeg no make that mistake again,if not I will sue you(is that possible ?)just kidding , .ilove nigerians that do great things period
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 21, 2015
Donald3d:
do you have a site bro ? , how many people do we have in nigeria ,how many people have full access to electricity and good and affordable internet, besides facebook is world wide nairaland is indigenous,give the guy some credit

Lol. Your excuse is LAUGHABLE!. Millions of Nigerians access the internet everyday. Nigeria's biggest website has just 1.3million members in 10years of existence. Not to forget that some members have over 3accounts and some don't login anymore.

I respect the owner and I give him credit for what he has done with Nairaland. But I expect more from Nairaland , considering the fact that it has been in Existence for 10years.

Nairaland can grow bigger. The owner needs to start promoting this forum by running adverts. I've never seen Nairaland ads anywhere. No matter how big you think your company is , there are still people that don't know you exist. There are millions of Nigerians that don't know what Nairaland is.

As big as Facebook is , they still run adverts. Nairaland should do the same.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 9:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Mrkelv:

Lol. Your excuse is LAUGHABLE!. Millions of Nigerians access the internet everyday. Nigeria's biggest website has just 1.3million members in 10years of existence. Not to forget that some members have over 3accounts and some don't login anymore.

I respect the owner and I give him credit for what he has done with Nairaland. But I expect more from Nairaland , considering the fact that it has been in Existence for 10years.

Nairaland can grow bigger. The owner needs to start promoting this forum by running adverts. I've never seen Nairaland ads anywhere. No matter how big you think your company is , there are still people that don't know you exist. There are millions of Nigerians that don't know what Nairaland is.

As big as Facebook is , they still run adverts. Nairaland should do the same.

I won't say Nairaland is better but facebook is locked in you can't gain access except you register so based on this data if nairaland was locked in nairaland would approximately have about 26 million users and facebook won't have had as many registered users as it does if it was open like nairaland May 2015: 7,115,795 unique visitors. 26,542,019
visits. 156,059,138 pageviews. 31 days.

3 Likes

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by FincoApps(m): 10:47am On Jul 21, 2015
Very true
Donald3d:
I won't say Nairaland is better but facebook is locked in you can't gain access except you register so based on this data if nairaland was locked in nairaland would approximately have about 26 million users and facebook won't have had as many registered users as it does if it was open like nairaland May 2015: 7,115,795 unique visitors. 26,542,019
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by pelij18(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
Cyberthreat:

Who told you seun doesn't programme everyday? Is that what he told you?
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
Donald3d:

Nice stats. Maybe the problem is how to make people to register an account.
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2015
Mrkelv:

Nice stats. Maybe the problem is how to make people to register an account.
the stats where given by seun himself
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Cyberthreat: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
pelij18:
Who told you seun doesn't programme everyday? Is that what he told you?
lol.. What is he programming..unless he designs website for people.. Which does not concern our arguement

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by JigsawKillah(m): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
tgmservice:

Program wise, yes
Business wise, no

2 Likes

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by DharkPoet(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
I wouldn't want to compare Seun with anybody, just like I wouldn't want to be compared, Seun is great at what he does, he is one fellow who sounds really intelligent and resourceful, and amongst the many Nigerians who understands what true passion is.

I've been on nairaland since I was in secondary school, I've seen it transform from its SMF framework to running on its own Python script (I don't know if all of Nairaland was written from scratch).

The essence of what I am saying is this, I don't really believe Seun set up Nairaland all just for the money, there are folks who embark on Legacy Projects, look around you I bet half of the ardent users of LIB dont get as happy as the folks here, Nairaland is more of a community, some people come here for different reasons, I come here for the laughs, for help, in short, how many people do you know have gotten job oppurtunities through LIB?

If it's about the money, Nairaland might not be there yet, although there are no statsitical proofs showing LIB is worth more than Nairaland, besides the fact that the Tech scene in Nigeria is still young, take a look around the Startups coming up, Jekalo, Truppr, Stutern, Wecycle, Okadabooks, Go My Way, plus a lot more, visit CcHub, then you'd believe that the Tech-o-sphere (My Word) is not that big yet, although growing by the day, but with time, I'm sure Nairaland would get there.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
DharkPoet:
I wouldn't want to compare Seun with anybody, just like I wouldn't want to be compared, Seun is great at what he does, he is one fellow who sounds really intelligent and resourceful, and amongst the many Nigerians who understands what true passion is.

I've been on nairaland since I was in secondary school, I've seen it transform from its SMF framework to running on its own Python script (I don't know if all of Nairaland was written from scratch).

The essence of what I am saying is this, I don't really believe Seun set up Nairaland all just for the money, there are folks who embark on Legacy Projects, look around you I bet half of the ardent users of LIB dont get as happy as the folks here, Nairaland is more of a community, some people come here for different reasons, I come here for the laughs, for help, in short, how many people do you know have gotten job oppurtunities through LIB?

If it's about the money, Nairaland might not be there yet, although there are no statsitical proofs showing LIB is worth more than Nairaland, besides the fact that the Tech scene in Nigeria is still young, take a look around the Startups coming up, Jekalo, Truppr, Stutern, Wecycle, Okadabooks, Go My Way, plus a lot more, visit CcHub, then you'd believe that the Tech-o-sphere (My Word) is not that big yet, although growing by the day, but with time, I'm sure Nairaland would get there.

Thanks.
I feel like hugging you right now ( are u sure u didn't write a programme to convert the brainwaves from my head into texts) because you just said my mind .God bless u bro

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by pelij18(m): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
Cyberthreat:

lol.. What is he programming..unless he designs website for people.. Which does not concern our arguement
please decipher why i quoted you. You were abstractly out of the point and that's why i replied you.

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by UncleSnr(m): 12:05am On Jul 24, 2015
If there is one thing I idolize about Nairaland, is the speed... Guys it takes a good programmer to minify a site to achieve such speed.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? / Nigerian Developers Aren't Creative / Foundations Of Programming: Fundamentals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.