Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,690 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer (3864 Views)

Need Help ICT Guru's With ICT Idea / Become A Programmer Guru/Designer Guru @ a Cheap Price / Is Virtualization Really A Next Generation Of Technology ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2015
UncleSnr:
If there is one thing I idolize about Nairaland, is the speed... Guys it takes a good programmer to minify a site to achieve such speed.
a
and so minimalistic ,out of curiosity where did he put the tap for creating threads?
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by seunoni34(m): 6:11am On Jul 24, 2015
Mrkelv:

He started Nairaland same time with FB.

FB has over 1.2Billion Users

Nairaland has 1Million Users. Slow growth.
Facebook has 1.2bn ACTIVE users, the number of registered users might double that
Nairaland has 1 million REGISTERED users, ACTIVE users can not be up to 10000
Twitter even launched in 2008 (like 3 years after nairaland) and it now has close to 400m active users, same with Instagram.
The issue is, seun has no foresight or goals he's aiming at, he just setup a forum like any other.
I think he just did this just to have something to call his own or rather to make money.
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by FincoApps(m): 6:27am On Jul 24, 2015
Dude, like a post earlier said, you can explore nairaland without any registration. Nairaland sure has a lot of visits per day. Most likely higher than 1 million. Visit Nairaland anytime of the day, scroll down and see how many guests are on NL. Right now its times 2 the number of online users. Considering its target is ONLY Nigerian traffic NL is doing great relative to the sites you mentioned
seunoni34:

Facebook has 1.2bn ACTIVE users, the number of registered users might double that
Twitter even launched in 2008 (like 3 years after nairaland) and it now has close to 400m active users, same with Instagram.
The issue is, seun has no foresight or goals he's aiming at, he just setup a forum like any other.
I think he just did this just to have something to call his own or rather to make money.

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by shalomm: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2015
Donald3d:
Nna wetin happen na,yes he is good , nairaland has since been changed from smf to python from what I heard, and please don't compare seun and linda ikeji again, for where seun dey , she no reach, seun is creative , linda talks about people , seun created something for people to talk about so he doesn't have to do the talking, he is a cool guy, I have hidden dis for a while but he is among my role models after steve jobs, mark zuckerberg, then seun, he started nairaland at about the same time facebook started,no offence but did u even know the meaning of html at that point in time , seun carry go we dey ur back, na we dey here,na we get am.bro learn a lot from seun , he is curteous, polite,well meaning , come on give him some credit,and remember never in your life compare seun and linda if u no want make we fight. Peace
Cc seun
Cc lalasticlala

Really? well, i did some background run on this guy and i was surprised he is not even in the country.....
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Sibrah: 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
seunoni34:

What you just said is like compaing what's app to BBM. Whatsapp can run on wider range of smartphones android, bb OS, apple, windows and more while BBM is tied to devices BBM and android. Nairaland is targetted at Nigerians while Facebook and twitter are unique social media platform that meet specific types of need that thrives on size and 'hotness' existing user. Niaraland is a nigerian forum targetted at various aspect of life.
Even if Nairaland, Facebook and Twitter were direct rivals, the reputation of Nairaland will still be affected by the perception of Nigerians worldwide. Facebook for example was able to capture the attention of the world through its Havard connection. When the first few user, mostly havard undergraduates, registered and found the idea nice, it was easy for others americans and international users to register on it because virtually everybody want to belong in a way. Even if facebook had started in Nigeria nobody will want to belong to a SM network of 'scammers'. Seun is well above average programmer.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by ernieboy(m): 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2015
Cyberthreat:

2 of dem are hard working. Linda does all the writing..do u know what it means.. no rest...seun don't program everyday.. And in cash.. Linda is richer.. Evrybody knws dat 1.. ..na cash be d main tin o
While I don't like arguing over the wealth of others how do u know linda is richer? Not everyone like do display their wealth flanboyantly by posing in front new cars they just bought.
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by FincoApps(m): 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
Lovely question.
ernieboy:

While I don't like arguing over the wealth of others how do u know linda is richer?
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
shalomm:

Really? well, i did some background run on this guy and i was surprised he is not even in the country.....
background check on me or Seun ? If its me then u are wrong ,
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by directonpc(m): 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Make I find trouble, am better than him cheesy check my signature... Hehehehe
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by shalomm: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2015
Donald3d:
background check on me or Seun ? If its me then u are wrong ,

you? what? am i mad? whats my business with u.

I did some background check on seun..... even the website was hosted somewhere in the USA....
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by tgmservice: 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
shalomm:

I did some background check on seun..... even the website was hosted somewhere in the USA....

u dunzzo must websites are hosted with international companies
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by Donald3d(m): 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
shalomm:

hehehe I refused to be intimidated, I will get there soon, when everybody will want to have business with me #inspired #tenacious #resilient #unrelenting
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by shalomm: 9:15am On Jul 28, 2015
Donald3d:
hehehe I refused to be intimidated, I will get there soon, when everybody will want to have business with me #inspired #tenacious #resilient #unrelenting

hehehehehe just joking bro... one love... i traced nairaland ip address, discovered that its cloud" that is hosting them.....

1 Like

Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by shalomm: 9:17am On Jul 28, 2015
tgmservice:
u dunzzo must websites are hosted with international companies

" only a fool will start a sentence with insult"

bros, make i no talk sha, so dat e no go bcum pride" but bros, you no fit see my back ooo....
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by tgmservice: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2015
shalomm:

" only a fool will start a sentence with insult"

bros, make i no talk sha, so dat e no go bcum pride" but bros, you no fit see my back ooo....
why would I want to see ur back when ur front has nothing to offer
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by shalomm: 12:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
tgmservice:
why would I want to see ur back when ur front has nothing to offer

we are all ghost....
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by tgmservice: 9:20am On Jul 29, 2015
shalomm:

we are all ghost....
I dey feel u my guy
Re: Is Seun Osewa Really A Super Guru Programmer by shalomm: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2015
tgmservice:
I dey feel u my guy

Abi? the g** no-no

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Claim Expert In Html,javascript,css & Php After 1yrs Of Constant Learning? / Foundations Of Programming: Fundamentals / I Have Switched To Vim As My Primary Editor, You Should Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.