Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia (37240 Views)

Ghanaian Man Climbs High Tension Pole, Demands Money Before Coming Down. Photos / Herbert Were Beheads His Brother So As To Join Illuminati / "Muslim Women Must Learn English Or Be Deported" - British PM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by lepasharon(f): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
ezeagu:
I don't really see the big deal, but at the same time I don't know why people are insulting each other over something so petty. The initiative is clearly aimed at the largest migrant communities in London and the police is trying to diversify their policing, just like the United States Army required a possibility of Igbo. A large amount of the Africans in the UK are Yoruba, and they're the majority of Nigerians. I think certain languages like Somali isn't there maybe because they have enough people who speak it. If you look at the table below you see Yoruba language speakers at school are four times the sample of Igbo speakers, the next largest population from Nigeria. From here: http://www.naldic.org.uk/Resources/NALDIC/Research%20and%20Information/Documents/eal-and-educational-achievement-prof-s-strand.pdf

The Igbo language situation is worse than I thought

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by lepasharon(f): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
NellyGhenghen:
What's the big deal? Why do the simplest things tickle Nigerians? Its obviously simply because of the significant Yoruba population in London nothing else. The Officers need to be able to communicate in a case where they run into an immigrant who is not fluent in English, simple.

come on dude, how many Nigerians cannot speak english ? undecided

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Shymm3x: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
winniz:

Chiwetel started from forest gate, as for the gang war it's very high in many black communities and so many Yorubas are been murdered as well, it still doesn't Change the fact they need those Yoruba Police to reduce the crime Perpetuated by Yorubas in Peckham, Woolwich to even Lewisham from Drugs, Fraud, credit card scam and all those places has lots of Yoruba Illegal immigrant that needs to be deported cheesy

Don't forget it was in Woolwich that two Yorubas hacked a British Soldier to death, even Last year about Seven Yorubas also were were busted in Lewisham for engaging in all sort of fraud.

Lmao. Keep using the fraudulent information on wikipedia, just the same way you said an Idris Elba from East Ham, who obviously has a cockney accent is from Hackney. If you're from London, just by listening to him, you'd know he's a proper East boy from the London/Essex axis and there's absolutely no way he'd be from Hackney where folks speak differently - with a little bit of East but mostly North London twangs, with Caribbean flavour lol. So, Chiwetel Ejiofor used to go to Dulwich College in the Peckham axis from Forest Gate, no? grin

And all the criminals with Igbo names; Iyke and all other youths with Igbo names killed in North and East Ldn gang wars (R.I.P); folks with Igbo names arrested for sham marriages and staying in the UK illegally aren't Igbo, no? Lewisham has never even been a Nigerian area - there are more East Africans and Caribbeans in Lewisham than Nigerians. And apart from the fact loads of Nigerian loiter Woolwich from other areas in that axis, perhaps due to the naij restaurants and shops - Woolwich isn't a naij dominated area. The place has a lot of asylum folks and I'd wager that there are more Somalis living there than Nigerian. But it has all kinds of African folks. Enough tutoring for now.

Anyway, do whatever you do - you lot just need to keep Peckham out of ya fables, myths, and legends in naij. Find a next place to spam everywhere. The place already has a lot of bad rep cos Peckham is never scared and will never run or back down from anything. The big brotherhood and the bravest out of London Town. If you know you know, if you don't, keep living.

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by ezeagu(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
scholes0:

It gives a rough idea..... because I don't think a whooping one Quarter of Africans in London are Somali.
Do you have any such similar breakdown for the USA?
What do you think the ratio of Igbos to Yorubas in the USA and Canada would be like?

I haven't seen any.

lepasharon:

The Igbo language situation is worse than I thought

What do you mean?
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by scholes0(m): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
ezeagu:

What do you mean?

I wasn't the one who said that.
you quoted the wrong erson.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Olaone1: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
undecided
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by NellyGhenghen(m): 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
lepasharon:

come on dude, how many Nigerians cannot speak english ? undecided

Every Nigerian can speak atleast a bit of english, but alot of Nigerians can't express themselves fluently in english as they can in their native Language. An officer needs to understand clearly what you have to say to him.

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by macof(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
Yorubas speak English or French as a second language. .the British have no hard time communicating with yorubas
This is just their way of showing genuine interest in the yoruba language for improved relationship with the yoruba immigrants

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by winniz: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
[s][/s]Shymm3x:

Lmao. Keep using the fraudulent information on wikipedia, just the same way you said an Idris Elba from East Ham, who obviously has a cockney accent is from Hackney. If you're from London, just by listening to him, you'd know he's a proper East boy from the London/Essex axis and there's absolutely no way he'd be from Hackney where folks speak differently - with a little bit of East but mostly North London twangs, with Caribbean flavour lol. So, Chiwetel Ejiofor used to go to Dulwich College in the Peckham axis from Forest Gate, no? grin

And all the criminals with Igbo names; Iyke and all other youths with Igbo names killed in North and East Ldn gang wars (R.I.P); folks with Igbo names arrested for sham marriages and staying in the UK illegally aren't Igbo, no? Lewisham has never even been a Nigerian area - there are more East Africans and Caribbeans in Lewisham than Nigerians. And apart from the fact loads of Nigerian loiter Woolwich from other areas in that axis, perhaps due to the naij restaurants and shops - Woolwich isn't a naij dominated area. The place has a lot of asylum folks and I'd wager that there are more Somalis living there than Nigerian. But it has all kinds of African folks. Enough tutoring for now.

Anyway, do whatever you do - you lot just need to keep Peckham out of ya fables, myths, and legends in naij. Find a next place to spam everywhere. The place already has a lot of bad rep cos Peckham is never scared and will never run or back down from anything. The big brotherhood and the bravest out of London Town. If you know you know, if you don't, keep living.[s][/s]

Another load of crap from this clowncheesy which Wikipedia are you talking about? it ain't even a reliable source anyone can put anything there so why would I use any information from there? I already told you the college Idris Elba attended? So enough of these back and forth argument cos it's becoming very boring.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by shaybebaby(f): 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
jimi4us:
am not joking, I've never seen a Nigerian who go to London and make it to build upstairs. that country kills peoples destiny.
funny that! I live in a small town outside of London and at my surgery, three of the GPs are Nigerian. The pharmacy that serves my local community is run by a Nigerian.
heck, when I had to go to A&E, the doctor who looked after me was Nigerian. And my hood is predominantly white. Maybe you associate with losers.

2 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Shymm3x: 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
winniz:

Another load of crap from this clowncheesy which Wikipedia are you talking about? it ain't even a reliable source anyone can put anything there so why would I use any information from there? I already told you the college Idris Elba attended? So enough of these back and forth argument cos it's becoming very boring.

Lol, it's obvious you're a google merchant and you have no clue whatsoever. Even Idris Elba always allude to being a proper East Ldn boy. Then his accent shows where he's from. Anyway, in case you don't know - Hackney is more North London than East, though parts of Hackney have East London post code. Heck, mandem from Hackney do more things with folks from Tottenham, Wood Green, Islington, Stoke Newington et al (all in North) than anywhere in East London. Take this tutoring as my service to humanity. grin

Also, stop moaning and getting jealous about an initiative that's about better rapport between the police and the predominant migrant communities. It's an initiative to reduce race tensions and discrimination. But just like every gift it has its own curse cos Yorubas won't have the luxury of using Yoruba language as a secret code of communication.

Regardless, just keep Peckham out of ya mouth. And make sure you tell ya fellow naij folks to stop the fables cos they might get carried away if they ever find themselves in London. And disrespecting Peckham on them gully roads is a sin - you might get shanked by the youngers for it. A word is enough to the wise.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by jaybee3(m): 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol, it's obvious you're a google merchant and you have no clue whatsoever. Even Idris Elba always allude to being a proper East Ldn boy. Then his accent shows where he's from. Anyway, in case you don't know - Hackney is more North London than East, though parts of Hackney have East London post code. Heck, mandem from Hackney do more things with folks from Tottenham, Wood Green, Islington, Stoke Newington et al (all in North) than anywhere in East London. Take this tutoring as my service to humanity. grin

Also, stop moaning and getting jealous about an initiative that's about better rapport between the police and the predominant migrant communities. It's an initiative to reduce race tensions and discrimination. But just like every gift it has its own curse cos Yorubas won't have the luxury of using Yoruba language as a secret code of communication.

Regardless, just keep Peckham out of ya mouth. And make sure you tell ya fellow naij folks to stop the fables cos they might get carried away if they ever find themselves in London. And disrespecting Peckham on them gully roads is a sin - you might get shanked by the youngers for it. A word is enough to the wise.

Yo Shymmex, do you truly believe the initiative is meant to help improve race relations with the police?
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by doublewisdom: 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
kutchs:
How else do you catch a criminal if not learning his ways which includes the language he speaks.
Epic!

2 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by HilalSadiq(m): 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
*sniffs something bad* yorubas don dey under watch
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by macof(m): 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
HopeAtHand:
This shows that something is wrong with Nigeria.

True. . Just look at the hatred
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Shymm3x: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
jaybee3:

Yo Shymmex, do you truly believe the initiative is meant to help improve race relations with the police?

I think so. I believe it's cos of all the complaints about discrimination and how MET Police is disproportionately white. The initiative is similar to the one at the GP Surgeries and Councils. They need more people, hence there are adverts everywhere about joining the police.

If it were to be about targeting folks from certain backgrounds - they have more than enough officers who understand all these languages, and they can be used for eavesdropping easily. And the nationalities on the list aren't the most criminalistic ones based on stats (apart from maybe Nigerians).
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by danbrowndmf(m): 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
softvio:
Lol, one has to think well before you rejoice. You don't know if you are rejoicing for your marginalization or rejection.
Hmm! Seems like the yorubas are topping the list of crimes in the UK. God help some pals here with brains oo. If you believe, say "AMEN!!
are u d one saying dis?
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by ibelong2efibody: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
bababuff:
Lobátán ! Britico now know the value of the Yoruba language.

No be by noise.

Omo Oduduwa ti goke agba grin

On the second thought, hope they are not trying to train themselves so they can catch Yoruba criminals
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Pakingzzz(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
Do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items??

You can sell these items for a pretty well good price..
There's a platform I shall tell you that will advertise your unused items, and in no time you will begin to receive calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering; what kind of unused items can i sell on that platform right?
Here's what you could sell on that platform. You can sell your old or second hand fridge, gas cooker, phones, inverters, solar accessories, TV, DVD, PC, laptop, dstv decoder, bicycle, watches, headphones, computer accessories, bikes, bike spare parts, cars, car spare parts. Just anything you can think of that has a tint of value left in them.
Here's the crux of the matter; Statics have shown that there are some people out there, desperately in need of these item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell these items of yours, please you may visit HERE
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by shikshark: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
benjsniper33:

baba e , omo ale jati jati
iyalaya e...i be yoloba too...grin
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by benjsniper33: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
shikshark:

iyalaya e...i be yoloba too...grin

Omo iya mi, bawo ni grin grin grin
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by FODA(m): 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
Won ma peyin koi ti kayin,odua nImi,tokan tokan.haters lagoon.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by melzabull(f): 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
Too many ignorant Yoruba fools on this thread.

This thread just shows that an overwhelming majority if criminals and fraudsters in UK are yerobas

Secondly it shows that most yorobar Immigrants in the UK are stark illiterates, that explains why most of them can't speak English, apart from the few criminals and fraudsters who pretend not to understand english in their futile attempt to be left off the hook.

Dumb yolobar ignoramuses and mor.rons are here rejoicing
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by ArodewilliamsT: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Lovesdaisied:
Means nothing...only that a significant number of Yoruba speaking immigrants are domiciled in London.

I don't see "French" in that list but it doesn’t diminish the impact of French as a Global language.

Next!

It actually a confirmation the biggest criminals in London are the yorubas. They need to undeestand the language of the credit card criminals and Oluwole forgers to capture them. I laugh at the jubilators on this thread.

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by ollyruffy: 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
This is laudable.
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by winniz: 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
[s][/s]Shymm3x:

Regardless, just keep Peckham out of ya mouth. And make sure you tell ya fellow naij folks to stop the fables cos they might get carried away if they ever find themselves in London. And disrespecting Peckham on them gully roads is a sin - you might get shanked by the youngers for it. A word is enough to the wise.[s][/s]

Another load of rubbish from the gangster from the slum of Peckham heavily messed up by Yorubas, which Peckham are you still talking about?

Did Idris attend barking and Dagenham college or not? even as you are entering the College before the School Library his frame is among the popular ex students of Barking hanging on the wall so what are still blabbing about undecided

2 Likes

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by Shymm3x: 8:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
winniz:

Another load of rubbish from the gangster from the slum of Peckham heavily messed up by Yorubas, which Peckham are you still talking about?

Did Idris attend barking and Dagenham college or not? even as you are entering the College before the School Library his frame is among the popular ex students of Barking hanging on the wall so what are still blabbing about undecided

Lol, you're a gift that keeps on giving.

And where are Barking and Dagenham, and aren't they around the East Ham axis - all London/Essex areas? grin

When you finally get a visa, shout me, and I'll show you around London Town. grin
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by ArodewilliamsT: 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
AreaFada2:

Hmmmmm. Good to recognise that many Yoruba people live in London. But are there Yoruba people in London who don't speak English good enough to communicate with the police? shocked

When illiterates like queen salawu, sikira and sule in yollywood are illegally smuggled to london. I can bet my last shekel they'll need translators when they land in polica net for immigration crimes. The London Met police have realized that. They are just being fair.

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by aniyphil: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2015
shikshark:
be like say yoloba don dey do plenty gbege be dat oooo.

grin grin grin
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by shikshark: 10:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
benjsniper33:

Omo iya mi, bawo ni grin grin grin
gbabe aye lon baye soro....omo wa gbayi
Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by ElekeNtioba: 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
Loool...another "achievement" for the mango-heads. Anything to get one over Igbos even if it means admitting u have more criminals in the UK than any other group.

Shameless Pigs

1 Like

Re: British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia by benjsniper33: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
shikshark:

gbabe aye lon baye soro....omo wa gbayi

Ose omo Aye !! waa pe bi orogbo grin

gbasibee

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Melania Trump Arrives In Ghana, To Visit Other Countries / Ex-Israeli Prime Minister, Naftali Bennett, Joins Reserve Mobilisation / Biden To Appoint Candace Jackson-Akiwumi As US Supreme Court Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.