Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands (44997 Views)

6 Smartphone Brands That Couldn’t Stop Themselves From Copying Apple / Top 5 Chinese Smartphone Makers: Tecno & Gionee Goes Into Hiding / 4 Smartphone Brands In Nigeria You Have Never Heard Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Bratking(m): 8:04am On Jul 21, 2015
Over the years, the so called Chinko smartphones have gained quite some grounds on the Korean and American Giants. Without further ado, let's look at 10 of the strongest contenders across China that have the potential to give the established heavyweights quite a few worries in the foreseeable future. To quote a Bob Marley song: If you are a big tree, we are a small axe sharp and ready, ready to cut you down.

10. UMI

UMI has come with their latest flagship in the end of 2014. It was the UMI zero which is a high end, metal made smartphone with good specifications. They made sure everything about this smartphone was right, and they did deliver a great product. If they continue this line of quality and looks we’re quite sure that this company will get very popular in 2015. But it’s not that time yet and the company has to work hard to establish its place in the fierce Chinese smartphone market.

9. ZTE

ZTE has been making quality phones for quite some time now but it always seems as if the company just isn’t making the most out of it. We’ve seen their phones come and go but they never seem to create a hype as for example Xiaomi does or Huawei with their Honor line. ZTE is a brand that will probably stay around for years from now.

8. Lenovo
[img]http://drop.ndtv.com/TECH/product_database/images/65201310726PM_635_lenovo_k900.png?output-quality=50&output-format=jpg[/img]
Lenovo is well known all around the globe and they seem to make good quality product, whichever branch you put them. But the smartphone industry is a tough industry and if you want to make it in this industry you have to come with a little bit more that ‘just good’. Although their handsets got good reviews and people do like the brand, it doesn’t look as if the company can really secure a tight place in the smartphone market. They are one of the biggest brands in the world when it comes to producing smartphones, but if it comes to popularity they still have
some catching up to do.

7. Elephone

Elephone isn’t one of the biggest brands at all, and they don’t make the best products either. They aim on cheap phones with good specifications Until now it seems anyway, because their latest models look stunning. Next to that, they have great specifications and the company seems to create quite some media attention over the past few months.

6. Zopo

Zopo makes great phones. They come with high specifications and good build quality. Many of you might say that this brand deserves a higher position, but I beg the difference. The company has been struggling in keeping its head above the crowd and they don’t seem to be able to create big media hypes like brands as Xiaomi or Meizu. For that reason this company doesn’t get a high position in this ranking. If you are a good brand, you should also know how to play your cards.

5. OnePlus

We can’t think of a brand that had a smarter way of marketing itself. The ‘invite’ system. It worked for them and it worked well. They made sure that you could only get an OnePlus with an invite, and that made people want the phone. People always want stuff that they cannot get. The brand got very popular around the globe with their OnePlus One ‘flagship killer’ and we expect to see a whole lot more from them.

4. Oppo
[img]http://www.androidtip.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Oppo-Find-7.jpg[/img]
Oppo has found itself setting two records this year (but losing one very soon). Those were the first motorized rotating camera and the world thinnest phone measuring just 4.85mm. On top of that the company seems to be able to produce good phones which are widely popular under the public. The Find 7 was one of the best phones of 2014 and after that they weren’t even finished. At the end of the 2014 they brought us the Oppo R5 and the Oppo N3, both widely popular. This brand deserves a #4 position.

3. Meizu

Meizu knew how to play the media and they did it well. ‘Leak’ after leak came out about the Meizu MX4 first, and later about the Meizu MX4 Pro. It stirred up the media and everybody loved it. They released the Meizu MX4 Pro with a bang and the first stories about the phone were great. Everybody seems to love it and the company went back to its roots. Music. The fact that this company decided that they couldn’t leave their roots behind gave them just that little bit of extra respect. People love the phone, and they seem to love Meizu too.

2. Huawei

Even though Huawei is one of the biggest manufacturers of smartphones in China they had to give their number one position away to a fairly young brand. The brand is popular all around the globe and it seems that the end is not near at all. Huawei still has some tricks up its sleeve but we can’t help but notice that the company isn’t focusing on its smartphones but more on its other businesses. Is the company giving up smartphones a bit because of the fierce competition in that market? Is it getting too hard for a company like this to earn money in this market? We’ll just have to see what 2015 brings.

1. Xiaomi
[img]http://drop.ndtv.com/TECH/product_database/images/722201412113PM_635_xiaomi_mi_4.jpeg?output-quality=50&output-format=jpg[/img]
There could only be one on this position and Xiaomi deserved it. The young company is getting more popular by the day and they have huge production problems. Normally, that wouldn’t be a good thing, but the production problems we’re talking about is that the company just can’t handle the demand. That’s a shame for a lot of willing buyers but for the company that means that they can keep expanding for quite a while. One thing is for certain, this company will have a very good year in 2015.

Credit goes to Chinese Smartphones

Side Note: I sincerely hope this article will assist some people to make the right choices when it comes to picking a chinese brand. There's more to a phone than it's affordable price.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by stuff46(m): 8:20am On Jul 21, 2015
China na china nothing go make me change my mind about am.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 21, 2015
Where is Tecno and Infinix? grin grin

29 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Warlord3000(m): 8:36am On Jul 21, 2015
No dispute about the list smiley

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by lilmax(m): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2015
Tecno fans will say the list is fake cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by augster(m): 9:37am On Jul 21, 2015
Abeg LeTV nko?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Bratking(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2015
augster:
Abeg LeTV nko?

Coolpad and LeTV were ranked 11 and 12 respectively in terms of hottest (most popular) Chinese brands.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by nerdfrost(m): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2015
bia op where's techno,innjoo,infinix n gionee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Bratking(m): 10:02am On Jul 21, 2015
nerdfrost:

Gionee is a dying brand, Infinix and Tecno are not known beyond the African market.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by encryptjay(m): 10:46am On Jul 21, 2015
Nice write-up. These are companies that make Chinese phones stand out not Itel and co that keep making folks look down on Chinese brands.

Well done OP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by tohpahz(f): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2015
My infinix is number 11 cheesy
Take it or leave it.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Lagusta(m): 10:55am On Jul 21, 2015
koice:
Where is Tecno and Infinix? grin grin

Infinix is french, not Chinese

And I also believe tecno is a hong-kong company

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2015
Have n't seen any of those phones in korean market before
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 21, 2015
Where is techno

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by dims95(m): 11:02am On Jul 21, 2015
Nice to see Chinese brands being recognized. There are hidden gems over there
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Lagusta(m): 11:08am On Jul 21, 2015
nerdfrost:

Innjoo is a UAE company.....

Gionee, like someone said, is a dying company

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2015
tohpahz:
cheesy
Which one are you using? grin
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by sucess001(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2015
Why Sagem no dey dia?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by debris: 11:29am On Jul 21, 2015
grin grin : tongue
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by kossyablaze(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2015
OK..... Rocking my Samsung Galaxy S5 duos

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Georgekyrian(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by asumo12: 11:29am On Jul 21, 2015
elephone

P8000 anyday jare...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by kossyablaze(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2015
debris:
U
U for Umbrella!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Burnaaboi(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2015
infinix my first choice
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by money121(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2015
ok

Call/whatsapp 08085310359 for your original stone coated roofing Tiles | See some of our project here >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806991/see-some-project-carried-out
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 21, 2015
This list is fake. A complete one
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2015
I disagree with this list. Where is techno?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by tdayof(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2015
Bratking:

Gionee is a dying brand, Infinix and Tecno are not known beyond the African market.
true.. Have only seen tecno with Africans here..me sef I still use my infinix zero angry but I once saw an innjoo product with a Chinese girl here the font used in writing the innjoo looks different from the African own too.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by no2fuks(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2015
I guess not all china phones are fake.
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 21, 2015
tecno fa
Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by akudinaobi(m): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2015
I did not see oppson

OPSSON

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands by pure2012soul(m): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2015
Totally incomplete list. What happened to Tecno, injoo, Gionee and Infinix? Do your research properly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phone I Ordered From Aliexpress Is Being Held By Nigerian Customs / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why / Would Elon Musk Keep Parag Agrawal As Twitter CEO After This Tweet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.