Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice (21844 Views)

Rivers: Tribunal Sacks Speaker And 20 House Of Assembly Lawmakers / Rivers Tribunal:drama As Police Makes U-turn / Rivers Tribunal: How Area Commander Supervised Ballot Thumb-printing –Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by mu2sa2: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
These politicians think they can manipulate anybody and every body! Why not do an official letter to the Cjn thanking him, if that's what he wanted to do. Now this uncalled-for visit may work against him at the tribunal because the judges would be right to think all eyes are on them and are likely to give judgment according to law. Wike certainly is afraid of a credible judgment!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by emmatok(m): 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
sinizia:

I am not surprised that APC lied against Wike, that's what they know how to do best - LIES AND PROPAGANDA.

Was Wike at the CJN chamber?
“A senior official in the CJN chamber intercepted Governor Wike and advised that it is a policy of the CJN not to entertain visits of politicians, especially those with cases in the courts.

“Consequently, Governor Wike left at that point, even though he tried to state reasons for his visit, which included the issue of the appointment of substantive Chief Judge for his state and to thank the CJN for sending the Bayelsa State Chief Judge to swear him into the office.
“In fact, his Lordship was not even aware of the visit until the next morning. The CJN therefore did not see the governor as reported in the said dailies.”

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by gbishman: 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
The CJN has aired in his/her responsibility. As a CJN he ought to have reported the incident to the appropriate authority and not wait till the truth came to the public dormain. I think some further investigation should be undertaken.
Wike and the CJN realises that an on-going tribunal has begun and during this period there is not suppose to be any communication between primary/affected persons.
So the judicial council should look into this and take decisive action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by Laid2001: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
I thought this Wike was in the Law school as well. Them no teach that bit which says he should not try to meet with the CJN when he has a case in any court?
Or is he so dounce?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
why should wike visit the CJ in the first place? scared already i suppose.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by Benzzle: 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
ambrosini593:
rivers state election took place in rivers and not Abuja. What is river's state election tribunal doing in Abuja? Apc want to manipulate the tribunal, therefore wike shouldn't fold his hands and watch them. He should continue to monitor everything.
you talk like a kid/big fool
Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by Andyg: 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
sinizia:

Did u even read what d Op wrote before commenting with ur anus?. chaii

I am not surprised that APC lied against Wike, that's what they know how to do best - LIES AND PROPAGANDA.
Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by ExInferis(m): 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Yet they avoid FACTUAL evidence of there being underage voting (ILLEGAL voting) in the North.

The population census is around the corner and they'd inflate figures in their arid region.

I'd love to see this "factual" evidence ( i wonder whether there is anything that qualifies as EVIDENCE that is not also FACTUAL)
Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by Pakingzzz(m): 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
Do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items??

You can sell these items for a pretty well good price..
There's a platform I shall tell you that will advertise your unused items, and in no time you will begin to receive calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering; what kind of unused items can i sell on that platform right?
Here's what you could sell on that platform. You can sell your old or second hand fridge, gas cooker, phones, inverters, solar accessories, TV, DVD, PC, laptop, dstv decoder, bicycle, watches, headphones, computer accessories, bikes, bike spare parts, cars, car spare parts. Just anything you can think of that has a tint of value left in them.
Here's the crux of the matter; Statics have shown that there are some people out there, desperately in need of these item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell these items of yours, please you may visit HERE
Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by ambrosini593(m): 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
Benzzle:
you talk like a kid/big fool
Don't try it next time. You don't insult people you don't know. I see your nairaland membership is less than three months old. Dont ever quote or insult me again.
Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by bakila: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
Mogidi:

Apc e-rats would miss this.
You miss the part where the issue is about the VISITS.
Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by bakila: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
ambrosini593:

Don't try it next time. You don't insult people you don't know. I see your nairaland membership is less than three months old. Dont ever quote or insult me again.
See warning.
Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by Benzzle: 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
ambrosini593:

else what would happen Try and behave more matured next time
Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by ambrosini593(m): 5:12am On Jul 22, 2015
Benzzle:
else what would happen Try and behave more matured next time
You are very funny
Re: Rivers Tribunal: CJN Confirms Wike Visited His Office Twice by 9jatriot(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hope you now know that visiting the CJN when you had a pending case was never a good idea. I hear you are even a lawyer.
The new Nigeria we are trying to build does not condole such.

The Supreme Court will on Tuesday deliver a judgment on whether or not the Rivers State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal which nullified the election of Governor Nyesom Wike on Saturday had the jurisdiction to hear the case against the governor.

The Justice Mohammed Ambrosa-led tribunal had on Saturday nullified Wike’s election as it upheld allegations by the All Progressives Congress and its governorship candidate, Dakuku Peterside, that the election which held on April 11, 2015 was conducted in substantial non-compliance with the Electoral Act.

But Saturday’s judgment would amount to nullity if the Supreme Court holds on Tuesday that the proceedings of the tribunal had been conducted without requisite jurisdiction.

Wike and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, had in an appeal filed before the Supreme Court, challenged the jurisdiction of the tribunal on the grounds of its relocation from Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers State, where the election took place, to Abuja.

The appellants argued that the tribunal lacked territorial jurisdiction to hear the petition by the APC and Peterside in Abuja.

Dissatisfied with the ruling of the tribunal which affirmed that its relocation to Abuja because of security concerns was in order, Wike had appealed to the Court of Appeal.

The governor, who lost the appeal at the Court of Appeal, took his appeal to the Supreme Court.

A panel of the Supreme Court led by Justice John Fabiyi, had on October 16, heard the appeal by Wike and adjourned till Tuesday for judgment.

President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, who exercises administrative powers on election petition tribunals in the country, had directed the relocation of the sittings of the tribunals in Rivers, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa and Taraba states to to Abuja due to security concerns in the states.

But Wike had contended that the tribunal lacked the territorial jurisdiction to hear the petition in Abuja.

Wike challenged the powers of the President of the Court of Appeal to order the tribunal’s relocation to Abuja.

The governor argued that the tribunal’s relocation to Abuja was in breach of Section 285 (2) of the Nigerian Constitution and the provisions of the Electoral Act 2010.

He urged the tribunal to relocate to Port Harcourt in compliance with provisions of the constitution and the Electoral Act.

The tribunal then led by Justice Mu’azu Pindiga, who later handed over to Justice Ambrosa, had in a ruling on July 27, 2015 dismissed Wike’s motion.

Justice Pindiga held that contrary to Wike’s argument, the tribunal had not violated any provision of the law since the relocation to Abuja was for security reasons.

The judge faulted Wike’s argument that proximity and accessibility were major determining factors in deciding the venue of a tribunal.

Justice Pindiga held that proximity and accessibility could not be determined in the absence of security for the tribunal members and litigants.

He said the President of the Appeal Court acted within the ambit of the law, which emphasises the need for a proper atmosphere for the tribunal to hold its proceedings.

He held that the tribunal had not violated any provision of the law since the relocation to Abuja was for security reasons.

Source: http://punchng.com/2015/10/1385

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Not Allow Buhari To Be Disgraced – Dogara / Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure / Okebata: The Nigerian Army Burnt My House And Killed My Wife In Izombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.