Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,367 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:41 PM

Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging (10965 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging / 8 Things I Have Learnt From 3 Months Of Blogging / How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by macho44(m): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
i'm impressed by your write-up bro,thanks for the infos,i'd like to have a one on one chat with you,hope u dont mind?
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Jarus(m): 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2015
MY OWN 1 THING I DIDN'T KNOW

1, Alexa Rating my foot - We rank so high on Alexa. Interestingly, it appears to be the more traffic we get, the higher we rank on Alexa. When we were having 500 views per day early last year, we ranked between 300k-500k in Alexa rating, now that we record between 1200-1500 views per day, we rank higher, between 700k-800k on Alexa. I was highly concerned about the Alexa ranking then. Now, I don't care again. Despite poor Alexa ranking, we made more revenue than those that ranked far better on Alexa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Orikinla(m): 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
Jarus:
MY OWN 1 THING I DIDN'T KNOW

1, Alexa Rating my foot - We rank so high on Alexa. Interestingly, it appears to be the more traffic we get, the higher we rank on Alexa. When we were having 500 views per day early last year, we ranked between 300k-500k in Alexa rating, now that we record between 1200-1500 views per day, we rank higher, between 700k-800k on Alexa. I was highly concerned about the Alexa ranking then. Now, I don't care again. Despite poor Alexa ranking, we made more revenue than those that ranked far better on Alexa.

Google ranking counts more for bloggers than Alexa ranking.
I review sites on Alexa and you can actually pay to have more visitors from Alexa Toolbar users and have better ranking.
What matters most is quality CONTENT and be CONSISTENT and you will MAKE IT.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Pakingzzz(m): 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
Do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items??

You can sell these items for a pretty well good price..
There's a platform I shall tell you that will advertise your unused items, and in no time you will begin to receive calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering; what kind of unused items can i sell on that platform right?
Here's what you could sell on that platform. You can sell your old or second hand fridge, gas cooker, phones, inverters, solar accessories, TV, DVD, PC, laptop, dstv decoder, bicycle, watches, headphones, computer accessories, bikes, bike spare parts, cars, car spare parts. Just anything you can think of that has a tint of value left in them.
Here's the crux of the matter; Statics have shown that there are some people out there, desperately in need of these item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell these items of yours, please you may visit HERE
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
shadowripper:
Why not post everything here?

It means you are still learning... if not, you should know that ur content itself should take people to view other contents on ur blog..

Hmmmmmmm
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by otokx(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nice information.
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Akhampapa(m): 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
docmajor:
Dull story. Didn't even read undecided

so how did you know its dull wen u didnt read it mo'hafor!!!!!!
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by callonme(m): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2015
Thanks a lot

but the fact remains that

I'm still working hard on my award-winning blog.
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Pearl2010: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Educative article.Thanks
collinsuzamere..com
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by resultcase(m): 8:46am On Jul 22, 2015
Nice right up @Akham. Hope many upcoming bloggers will learn from it, especially the lengthy content aspect.
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Akhampapa(m): 8:53am On Jul 22, 2015
macho44:
i'm impressed by your write-up bro,thanks for the infos,i'd like to have a one on one chat with you,hope u dont mind?

Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Akhampapa(m): 8:54am On Jul 22, 2015
resultcase:
Nice right up @Akham. Hope many upcoming bloggers will learn from it, especially the lengthy content aspect.

Thanks my amiable boss!! God bless
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Akhampapa(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2015
Pearl2010:
Educative article.Thanks
collinsuzamere..com

you welcome
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2015
is blogging still profitable.
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by Akhampapa(m): 10:37am On Jul 22, 2015
teeowl:
is blogging still profitable.

Much more than you think grin
Re: Top 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:33am On Oct 15, 2015
Orikinla:

Google ranking counts more for bloggers than Alexa ranking.
I review sites on Alexa and you can actually pay to have more visitors from Alexa Toolbar users and have better ranking.
What matters most is quality CONTENT and be CONSISTENT and you will MAKE IT.

Wow! Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Download An Existing Site And Edit The Contents With Dreamweaver ? / Affiliate Funds Transfered From Kenya But Nigeria Bank Saying The Cant Recieve / How To Upload Mysql Database To Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.