Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (82215 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by seunkeji5(f): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2015
Their was protest in front of unilag gate this morning

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by adedayourt(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2015
This shit only happens in a country like nigeria

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nonor(m): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2015
Still waiting for my telefone to fully charge before I start my missionary journey to finding Jamb office in Ikoyi. *My advice to Jambiters: do not stage any protest at these instuitions because it will eventually lead to rioting and when dem gbab you or break ya head skul don finish be that Ooo (besides the decision has been made and implementations has started too)...Just thread carefully and lastly, don't fall for some cheap talkers tabi fraudsters dis time around! Go out there and source for the info you need to forge ahead because time don dey go already. Admission runs ends 31st of OCTOBER 2015!

Its time to see what we are really made of... smiley cool

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 10:43am On Jul 22, 2015
Numbers not going

+2347055520289 +2348188840369 +2348123658355
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by UniqueGem(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2015
seunkeji5:
Their was protest in front of unilag gate this morning
Was? But i thought protesters always stood their groound till they're heard, did anybody speak/listen to them?

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by BANGERLEE1(m): 10:45am On Jul 22, 2015
This is outrageous!!!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 10:48am On Jul 22, 2015
UniqueGem:
Mail ke. You go grow white beards ooo.
mmm what do u suggest?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by blaise26abj(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2015
The truth is dat candidates who should get a a fair second chance @ getting admitted to their choice unis are sidelined. Candidates who cheat in Jamb, automatically reduce the chances of serious students with this new system.

The prof and the VCS of the affected schools, shld take a look @ the jamb scores of the top 10 best graduated students for each department from the inception of jamb till date and see if their Jamb scores was an indication of their performance in their departments.

These schools stand a chance of losing the best young minds because of an unfair selection process. What if 50 percent of the ones selected in dat process fail post-ume and the successful ones can't fill up the quota for each department?, what will be their strategy? Admit the failures just like dat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by UniqueGem(m): 10:50am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
mmm what do u suggest?
Visit Dibu in his room. If you go to his house he might not come out, so go directly to his room.

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
mmm what do u suggest?
calling or sending emails will do Nada! broda mi go n buy cardboard+marker and join d protesters
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by holuwamurewa(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2015
Pls ooo is unilorin affected I scored 239 for computer science
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2015
holuwamurewa:
go bk to page 0
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by bolaji3071(m): 10:57am On Jul 22, 2015
bewla:
if u fill that is not your so u left when is your turn it maybe u alone think of the once yet on born and the nest once to come so do what is right
And what's the wrong thing i did? undecided
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by CuteMaryJ: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2015
holuwamurewa:
Yes they are affected, go to their portal and check your status
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 10:59am On Jul 22, 2015
Ada96:

calling or sending emails will do Nada! broda mi go n buy cardboard+marker and join d protesters
And what will I write on it? undecided
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Eleniyan15: 10:59am On Jul 22, 2015
make I dey observe una jeje thank God say I opt for state uni lasu 229, and Ma name dey amng candidate wey go write exam Aug.. noooooooo lemme observe I hop it does nt affect my sis wif 249 #unilorin
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by UniqueGem(m): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2015
holuwamurewa:
Yes sir. But Ambalii and sons are still picking the names.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by cmon(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2015
Trying to call JAMB? Very funny... Even when the this issue was not up, nobody picks. Their numbers simply don't work. Have you tried sending an email to UTMERegistration.info@jamb.gov.ng

CuteMaryJ:
I tried contacting Jamb with the phone numbers they gave, but you won't believe they switched off their phones. One of the calls was forwarded to a strange number but it was cut off immediately. We all have to stand together against this injustuce. Try calling these numbers:

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

And what will I write on it? undecided
"dibu & jamb cannot decide school for prospective students to go ......this is not NYSC #stopthenonsense"

dasal cheesy

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 22, 2015
5000 students had over 200 in mass comm to get admitted to unilag,8000 for medicine,tho jamb directive without proper information to the public is wrong,but statistics has shown that not up to 30% of students who write post ume are given admission into unilag...so if Dibu wants to get alternative for students its a thumb up for him but he should do it the right way...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 11:12am On Jul 22, 2015
Ada96:

"dibu & jamb cannot decide school for prospective students to go ......this is not NYSC #stopthenonsense"

dasal cheesy
Ok...lemme sleep and wake up 1st undecided
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2015
Cut off mark of 250 is not true,the cut off mark is based on competition for the course,even people with 203 were shortlisted to write post ume in unilag depending on the course tho
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
Ok...lemme sleep and wake up 1st undecided
u go like see ursef for jos ba? undecided
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by CuteMaryJ: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2015
iamjustsassy:
Cut off mark of 250 is not true,the cut off mark is based on competition for the course,even people with 203 were shortlisted to write post ume in unilag depending on the course tho
Even at that, is it right? Someone has 203 in biichemistry and can enter while another has 254 in law but can't enter, is it right?

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by holuwamurewa(m): 11:18am On Jul 22, 2015
Pls o unilorin portal is showing pre admission bla bla is closed for this session
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 11:21am On Jul 22, 2015
Ada96:
u go like see ursef for jos ba? undecided
No
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 11:24am On Jul 22, 2015
Ok nah. I hope that if u get transferrd to a uni in d North-East, u jst smile accept it ok?
Nonor:
Venu...dear if it hasn't/doesn't affect me I wouldn't be here OK? Besides, your protest or riot is baseless in this case. The decision has been made and the implementation is already in progress as we can all see it crstal-lily clear... shocked undecided
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Kingsley121(m): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2015
simba1:
Hey!
I just hope Unizik and UNN wouldn't be affected, because they are the third and fourth respectively Unis being sort after.
All these trash can't happen in NDIGBO schools.
My brother this is not about NDIGBO schools, UNIZIK and UNN has more than 50000 candidates each, so the same process would be inevitable in both schools.
Proudly IGBO

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by aleem50(m): 11:30am On Jul 22, 2015
SouffleX:

I don't know what to say oh. I kinda see the logic here. The thing I have a problem with is tossing people to private universities because most people can't afford the fees. It would be better if they assigned people to less populated federal and state unis rather than private.
to my best of knowledge what jamb is trying to do is that they want almost all applicant to gain admission.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by CoCoLav(f): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2015
Why are you guys going to protest at Unilag gate? Are they the ones that came up with the new policy? Shouldn't that be done at the JAMB office?Do you tthink UNILAG does not like the income they generate from thousands of Post utme candidates yearly when they know 70% don't stand a chance? This one is bad market for them because JAMB has limited the number of candidates to those who are truly eligible knowing that those 5 schools are competitive.

They are helping you so you don't spend a year sitting at home after being denied admission by the top 5 when there are other schools who could have given you admission. Reduces the crime rate and pregnancy rate in my opinion.

How can you score 200 and be thinking of Unilag? I scored 270 in my time and still didnt make merit list. I made supplementary cos I knew someone.

This is a nice initiative. I just don't support the private university option but it was necessary so the private universities don't cry foul after all they are recognised by NUC. Its left to you to either go there or not.

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 11:33am On Jul 22, 2015
Confam guy. Thank u. We go grow white biabia 4 dis seat 2geda! I was jst laffing when u said I should make a 5min call ystrday. Those their dead helplines.
RobinHez:
*hands her popcorn and peppersoup*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

You Are A Genius If You Have The Solution To This Equation. / JAMB Admission List Available Online:: JAMB UPLOAD NEW LIST check now. / Is This Form Of Punishment Wrong Or Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.