Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (82197 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Matttthew(m): 11:34am On Jul 22, 2015
How can I check my eligibility on Oau portal.....

This shouldn't happen.... not this time.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by esecoal(m): 11:35am On Jul 22, 2015
eyahh I feel for una ooo
what ever he thing means good or bAD, OMO NA BAD THING TO CARRY ME GO SCH WEY I NO CHOOSE..COMP SC UNIUYO I NO DE READ JAMB NEWWS AGAIN

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 22, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
Even at that, is it right? Someone has 203 in biichemistry and can enter while another has 254 in law but can't enter, is it right?

Yes. [Assuming they take the top 500 applicants for each course] If the student with 203 is in the top 500 for biochem, they'll be eligible for the PUTME. If the student with 254 isn't in the top 500, of course they won't be eligible.

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2015
Venus007:
Confam guy. Thank u. We go grow white biabia 4 dis seat 2geda! I was jst laffing when u said I should make a 5min call ystrday. Those their dead helplines.
That still remains the best way to go about issues like this.

Tell me, if Mtn deducts #1000 from ur account will u carry cardboard to the guy who sold u the sim or will u give their customer care a call?

#follow due Protocol! And life will be more easier.

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 22, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
Even at that, is it right? Someone has 203 in biichemistry and can enter while another has 254 in law but can't enter, is it right?
U can't compare biochemistry to law in anyway...students who wanna study biochemistry won't be up to those that wanna study law,so its possible that the no of students that apply for a particular course Is a criteria for the cut off mark for that course..
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2015
Ok nah. *sips peppersoup wit straw*
RobinHez:

Tell me, if Mtn deducts #1000 from ur account will u carry cardboard to the guy who sold u the sim or will u give their customer care a call?

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 11:44am On Jul 22, 2015
Venus007:
Ok nah. *sips peppersoup wit straw*
Can u get anybody who lives close to Jamb office for us...so he/she can make enquiries?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by CuteMaryJ: 11:45am On Jul 22, 2015
Pictures from the protest.
(Courtsey: lalasticlala https://www.nairaland.com/2469281/unilag-protests-jamb-cut-off-mark)

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 11:47am On Jul 22, 2015
Nah. I dnt knw any1.
RobinHez:

Can u get anybody who lives close to Jamb office for us...so he/she can make enquiries?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by CuteMaryJ: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2015
iamjustsassy:
U can't compare biochemistry to law in anyway...students who wanna study biochemistry won't be up to those that wanna study law,so its possible that the no of students that apply for a particular course Is a criteria for the cut off mark for that course..
Have you ever heard of supplementary form?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 22, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
Have you ever heard of supplementary form?
hehehe... It's not supplementary form its supplementary list if that's what u are trying to say and yes I've heard of it since I'm a final year student of unilag....maximum number of student unilag admits into a course like biochemistry is 150 to 200 a year and do you know how many people apply...

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2015
Venus007:
Nah. I dnt knw any1.
Oh..ok
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by shamecurls(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2015
Venus007:
See, its often better to worry over something when its jst budding than to jst sit down nd nt do anything. If u'r cooking rice nd it hasnt done but is burning, wont u add water to it? For it to be on diff Unis' sites, we should knw dat there is an iota of truth in it, no matter hw over-exaggeratd it may be.

grin
Rice and Water analogy
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by fotadmowmend(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2015
Is this part of ''Change'' or what ??

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
That is another big problem now. Without any explanation again, they simply said we should contact Jamb but how do we contact Jamb? They just posted the news on their website some hours ago.
Too bad of Jamb oooo.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by matthew41(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
Dibu should not start What he cannot finish o... Where does he want people to get money for private university??
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by BraniacX(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
Pukka36:
Jesushockedshockedshocked

Cc:RobinHez,Ada96,Dharay99,IamTobie,Soufflex,Princecalm,Fredahlicious,Venus007

U pipu should chook mouth put abeg!
Pls let me know if you can confirm that of Uniben thanks
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by BraniacX(m): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
See Jambites cheesy
Wish y'all goodluck
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
BraniacX:

Pls let me know if you can confirm that of Uniben thanks
Uniben's Putme application hasn't started yet so U can't confirm!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:

Guy,that Ur analogy is appallingundecided

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by IKNuel(m): 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
You speak like this cuz you are on the good site of the boat. Someone with 200 can blast the post utme uno? I guess you didnt think that way. And didnt the ppl that picked unilag know it was competitive and risky? And you think the timing is right? After people's preparations? Some of us already have accomodation at unilag already
CoCoLav:
Why are you guys going to protest at Unilag gate? Are they the ones that came up with the new policy? Shouldn't that be done at the JAMB office?Do you tthink UNILAG does not like the income they generate from thousands of Post utme candidates yearly when they know 70% don't stand a chance? This one is bad market for them because JAMB has limited the number of candidates to those who are truly eligible knowing that those 5 schools are competitive.

They are helping you so you don't spend a year sitting at home after being denied admission by the top 5 when there are other schools who could have given you admission. Reduces the crime rate and pregnancy rate in my opinion.

How can you score 200 and be thinking of Unilag? I scored 270 in my time and still didnt make merit list. I made supplementary cos I knew someone.

This is a nice initiative. I just don't support the private university option but it was necessary so the private universities don't cry foul after all they are recognised by NUC. Its left to you to either go there or not.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by jamesbawa(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
hope ABU zaria ain't affected tho'
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by IKNuel(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
CoCoLav:
Why are you guys going to protest at Unilag gate? Are they the ones that came up with the new policy? Shouldn't that be done at the JAMB office?Do you tthink UNILAG does not like the income they generate from thousands of Post utme candidates yearly when they know 70% don't stand a chance? This one is bad market for them because JAMB has limited the number of candidates to those who are truly eligible knowing that those 5 schools are competitive.

They are helping you so you don't spend a year sitting at home after being denied admission by the top 5 when there are other schools who could have given you admission. Reduces the crime rate and pregnancy rate in my opinion.

How can you score 200 and be thinking of Unilag? I scored 270 in my time and still didnt make merit list. I made supplementary cos I knew someone.

This is a nice initiative. I just don't support the private university option but it was necessary so the private universities don't cry foul after all they are recognised by NUC. Its left to you to either go there or not.
You speak like this cuz you are on the good side of the boat. Someone with 200 can blast the post utme uno? I guess you didnt think that way. And didnt the ppl that picked unilag know it was competitive and risky? And you think the timing is right? After people's preparations? Some of us already have accomodation at unilag already
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Bigsam02: 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
isolated:

sorry ma.....
i'm an undergraduate....
my school is not listed there tho (prestigious Ahmadu bello university)
What is prestigious about Abusite that made u tink u are ahead..... Abu zaria is full of hypocrite administration and destiny killers....#i rep kogi state university anyigba!!!

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by isolated: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Bigsam02:
What is prestigious about Abusite that made u tink u are ahead..... Abu zaria is full of hypocrite administration and destiny killers....#i rep kogi state university anyigba!!!
never heard of ur school b4.
sorry

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
Venus007:
Are u eligible for the PUME?
yes. . . lipsrsealed
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Bigsam02: 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
isolated:
never heard of ur school b4.
sorry
is because you are not exposed externaly eg only know the affairs of kaduna state alone.....
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
aleem50:
to my best of knowledge what jamb is trying to do is that they want almost all applicant to gain admission.
exactly!

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by isolated: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
Bigsam02:
is because you are not exposed externaly eg only know the affairs of kaduna state alone.....
get behind me
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
Talking about schools and their pedigrees.... I know Uniben must be listed.
#Unibest! Alumni representing.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by hamzakito(m): 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
tank God oo.... grin
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Bigsam02: 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
isolated:
get behind me
i had a strong feeling u read LIS or Agric or Acheology cos abusite who read good and professional courses dont use to brag.... Get dat to ur skull(kokolwa)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

You Are A Genius If You Have The Solution To This Equation. / JAMB Admission List Available Online:: JAMB UPLOAD NEW LIST check now. / Is This Form Of Punishment Wrong Or Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.