Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. (2110 Views)

In The Ember Months Accidents Are Caused By Human Error; Not Demons / Mazda 626 1997 Vs Nissan Primera 1994. Advice Pls / I Want To Buy A Car Chasis Scrap/junk *NO ENGINE* *IN NIGERIA* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
Yes the car is tokunbo.

The seller did the registration and all went well.

While i was checking the documents , i discovered there was an error on the chasis number.

Here is it on the engine

JN (KC) A31A6YT209416

But in the documents

JN (CK) A31A6YT209416

What do i do?

What are the possible solutions?

I know this is great opportunity for police to milk me dry day in day out by categorising as stolen car or fake documents bla bla bla.

The car is still with the seller .

I need your advice pls.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by mayor2013: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Of course good food for the NPF grin. It happened to me. It can be corrected but should be corrected from the autoreg database so that in the naearest future there wouldn't be any form of mix up
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:41am On Jul 22, 2015
mayor2013:
Of course good food for the NPF grin. It happened to me. It can be corrected but should be corrected from the autoreg database so that in the naearest future there wouldn't be any form of mix up

For now i think the permanent solution is just to ask for refund and get ready for big fight for my cash.

Because i know the car seller will never refund without a fight.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by mayor2013: 3:13am On Jul 22, 2015
OYINBOGOJU:

For now i think the permanent solution is just to ask for refund and get ready for big fight for my cash.

Because i know the car seller will never refund without a fight.

If I may ask whixh of the registration documents was a mistske made?
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:24am On Jul 22, 2015
mayor2013:

If I may ask whixh of the registration documents was a mistske made?

He made mistake from the start.

He wrote wrong chasis on the payment receipt he provided.

He copied the chasis on the receipt to do other registeration.

So virtually all the documents from the receipt he provided for me to the last document bear this wrong information.

He wrote receipt like 2 weeks before major vehicle registration begin without cross check.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by mayor2013: 6:12am On Jul 22, 2015
OYINBOGOJU:

He made mistake from the start.

He wrote wrong chasis on the payment receipt he provided.

He copied the chasis on the receipt to do other registeration.

So virtually all the documents from the receipt he provided for me to the last document bear this wrong information.

He wrote receipt like 2 weeks before major vehicle registration begin without cross check.

He needs to take care of that. He should bear the responsibility of making a fresh one
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:19am On Jul 22, 2015
mayor2013:

He needs to take care of that. He should bear the responsibility of making a fresh one

Thank you if that is the only way out.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
1 out of 58 viewers have idea.

There is serious issue in Nigeria.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by shadowripper(f): 2:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
Tell him to get another receipts for you and another thing is that you can do a fresh registration on your own name and that will carry a correct number
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
shadowripper:
Tell him to get another receipts for you and another thing is that you can do a fresh registration on your own name and that will carry a correct number

Thank you for the input.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by ogoplus: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2015
OP you are lucky you discovered this error yourself.

I had a nasty experience with a policeman over this same issue.

Go to a nearby law court; get an affidavit and a police extract to back-up the affidavit.

The typist around the court premises know the process just negotiate with them. Be ready to speed like 5K.
Re: Chasis Registration Error Advice Pls. by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
ogoplus:

OP you are lucky you discovered this error yourself.

I had a nasty experience with a policeman over this same issue.

Go to a nearby law court; get an affidavit and a police extract to back-up the affidavit.

The typist around the court premises know the process just negotiate with them. Be ready to speed like 5K.

Thank you.

Its still painful that the dealer doesn't even show any sign of remorse.

He was just behaving like no problem at all.

(1) (Reply)

Very neat Gulf 3 year 2000 with Alloy Rims For Sale. / Car Indomie/Catalyst For 2009 Toyota Corolla Is How Much ? / Toyota Crown 1978 Car Remodeling Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.