Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme (711 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Greets Alex Ekwueme At His Residence In Enugu (Photos) / Throwback Pictures Of Workers Day During Jonathan Administration / I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by fkaz(m): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2015
FormerVice President of Nigeria in the Second Republic, Dr. Alex Ekwueme has said that the plan to bring Boko Haram detainees to Aguata Prisons in Ekwulobia, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, was hatched during the former President Jonathan’s administration, but was resisted and protested against by the people which made the past administration to drop the idea.

Speaking with newsmen at Aguluzigbo, Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra State during the end of tenure Thanksgiving Ceremony of Chief Victor Umeh as APGA Chairman,

Chief Ekwueme said, “I am aware that the plan of bringing Boko Haram detainees to Aguata prisons in Ekwulobia came up a while ago and there was reasonable protest to the then President Jonathan against it and he dropped the plan.

“I was out of the country when I heard that Boko Haram detainees were brought to Aguata Prisons in Ekwulobia, Anambra State.

I started wondering how the idea of bringing them to the South East and my local government area came up again after the people thought the matter has been rested.

“I am sure the new President must have seen the records and proposal and decided to implement it, but since there was initial protest against the relocation of the detainees to the South East, I’m sure President Buhari will do something to assuage the feelings of the people of the South East,” he said.

On the alleged delay in appointing ministers, Chief Ekwueme said he cannot start passing judgment now on the President because

“every leader has his leadership style, everybody will not approach that exalted office with the same style. You have to watch and assess each person based on his style. The important thing is that we get the right result.

“Another important thing is that we have peace, prosperity and unity, and better quality of life as Nigeria attains her God given-position as a great nation and leader in the comity of nations.

“So, I wish the President well in running the affairs of Nigeria. I cannot start assessing his performance now, it is too early,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/relocation-of-boko-haram-inmates-hatched-during-jonathans-govt-ekwueme/
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by Fabrolistic: 7:45am On Jul 22, 2015
Hmm
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by doctokwus: 7:49am On Jul 22, 2015
Not surprised. It was obvious to any sensible person that PMB couldn't have planned,initiated and ordered d relocation of prisoners within a month of his govt.
The procedures alone involved in relocating prisoners takes more than a month.
Its part of the scam the clueless one tried to heap on the SE.

4 Likes

Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by koma1(m): 7:53am On Jul 22, 2015
So it was GEJ's idea in the first place, why are the wailing wailers blaming baba for implementing GEJ's policy?

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by PassingShot(m): 7:53am On Jul 22, 2015
That this is coming from Alex Ekwueme who supported GEJ's 2nd term bid should make Doubting Thomases now believe that PMB was not behind the relocation after all.

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by DaGC(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2015
doctokwus:
Not surprised. It was obvious to any sensible person that PMB couldn't have planned,initiated and ordered d relocation of prisoners within a month of his govt.
The procedures alone involved in relocating prisoners takes more than a month.
Its part of the scam the clueless one tried to heap on the SE.

You probably didn't read the entire article. Else you would have seen that it was dropped by the previous administration, but resurrected by the present administration.

Shalom

And I refuse to quote the person above me because he keeps defying the laws of stupidity and I'm tired of being of help. Objectivity should always be the case, and not biased judgment.
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by Beremx(f): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2015
Some people will come here and call Alex Ekwueme a yoruba man and a Pro- Buhari for his comment on the relocation of boko haram suspects to Ekwulobia. That was how the same people poured curses on Obiano when he said the same thing.

Lalasticlala.

2 Likes

Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by fulanimafia: 7:55am On Jul 22, 2015
Jonathan really scammed the SE.

1. 2nd Niger Bridge

2. Ibaka Port

3. Dredging River Niger

4. Onitsha Seaport

5. Boko Haram Prisoners Transfer to Anambra shocked

Was Jonathan really clueless or was it his blind followers that were clueless?

3 Likes

Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by fkaz(m): 8:15am On Jul 22, 2015
DaGC:

You probably didn't read the entire article. Else you would have seen that it was dropped by the previous administration, but resurrected by the present administration.

Shalom

I don't think the idea of transferring BH to ekwolobia was drop by jonathan administration, but only suspended. If the idea was dropped, buhari won't see the report in his handover note.
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by DaGC(m): 8:20am On Jul 22, 2015
fkaz:

I don't think the idea of transferring BH to ekwolobia was drop by jonathan administration, but only suspended. If the idea was dropped, buhari won't see the report in his handover note.

My statement sir was made in line with the original post. It said it was dropped, and not that I think it was dropped.
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by Crocz(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2015
You mean it yaff started since the time of Jona The Clueless?...tot as much too, the time frame was just too small for PMB to plan, initiate and execute such an act
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by kamair237(m): 8:24am On Jul 22, 2015
Jonathan is history.........

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: The Major Out Come Of Buhari Visit To America In Detail / Gov Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom State Travelled To Cameroon With Buhari. Hmnnnn.. / Speech That Makes Alex Badeh (ex Chief Of Defense) Trend On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.