Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari (25138 Views)

North East: Nigerian Military Liberated Over 25 Towns During Jonathan / Throwback Pictures Of Workers Day During Jonathan Administration / $12billion Taken Out Of Nigeria During Jonathan's Regime – EFCC Boss, Lamorde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by myners007: 4:22am On Nov 02, 2015
ABUJA—President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed not to shy away from telling Nigerians how the immediate past administration allegedly plundered the economy, irrespective of anyone’s feelings.

Responding to allegations by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, that he was demarketing the country and dissuading foreign investments, the President vowed that the relentless tackles of the opposition party would not in any way dissuade him from his obligations to the citizenry and the international community.

The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh had, yesterday, attacked the President’s claim in India that Nigeria was broke, saying that such claims at international fora tended to worsen the country’s investment climate.

President Muhammadu Buhari
Metuh had, in his statement, alleged that such claims by the President were essentially because of his lack of a viable economic plan.

Responding to PDP yesterday, presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, said that Metuh’s attempts to distract the President from focusing on his job would fail, maintaining that he was a broken record.

The statement read in part: “Our attention has been drawn to the latest statement by the PDP spokesman, Olisa Metuh, alleging that President Muhammadu Buhari is ‘demarketing Nigeria’.

“We restate for the umpteenth time to Mr. Metuh and his ilk that their attempts to distract President Buhari from the job he has been elected to do will fail.

“President Buhari will remain true to the virtues of honesty, integrity, sincerity, incorruptibility and plain-speaking, which endeared him to Nigerians and made them prefer his leadership to that of a lying and deceptive PDP administration.

“The President will not, in the guise of ‘marketing’ the country, refrain from telling Nigerians and the world, the emerging truths about the abject state in which years of plundering by a PDP leadership has left the Nigerian treasury and economy.

“President Buhari will not in the name of ‘marketing’ or ‘attracting’ investors, follow in the footsteps of the ousted PDP administration and its discredited officials, who shamelessly lied to Nigerians and the world about the buoyancy and vibrancy of an economy they had bled dry for personal gain, when it was very obvious to the discerning, that the Nigerian economy was headed for serious trouble.”

PDP’s reaction

Earlier in his statement, Metuh had said: “Mr. President’s recent announcement to the world that the nation, with its abundant human and natural resources, is broke and cannot pay cabinet ministers, not only sends a discouraging signal to the domestic and international business community, but also exposes the ineptitude of the present administration to meaningfully and sincerely exert itself and work with industrious and innovative investors to create and manage wealth.

“We ask how can any reasonable investor still have the confidence to invest in a country where the President himself continues to alert that his country reeks of corrupt people and that the government is broke to the extent it cannot pay cabinet ministers?

“Is the President not directly advising investors against having confidence in Nigeria and the system, and that they risk not being paid for jobs awarded by government at any level?

“More worrisome is the fact that Mr. President makes his damaging comments in international fora with potential investors in attendance. It reminds one of the proverbial father who, in the presence of potential suitors, often portrays his daughters as wayward and yet constantly complain of their inability to find husbands
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/i-wont-stop-talking-of-corruption-during-jonathans-govt-buhari/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by bugzbunny: 4:33am On Nov 02, 2015
Can someone remind this man why he was elected....

196 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Mayour11(m): 4:33am On Nov 02, 2015
Continue talking about it jawe... 4 years go soon land. If you don't talk about it, who will

Well, today is my birthday. But I won't beg for likes simply because the Eaglets have been able to trash the Brazil that usually give us tough time at the national team level...

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by likila: 4:35am On Nov 02, 2015
common sense, this buhari no get

165 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by menix(m): 4:39am On Nov 02, 2015
Buhari has spent 1/8 of his tenure, instead of forging a way for our economy he is still crying over his predecessor.

Maybe when Nigeria ask for Loan from Gabon he will know say water don pass Garri..

142 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Soneh(m): 4:46am On Nov 02, 2015
talk oo!
but don't forget that , a primary school boy somewhere is still waiting for your free meals,bokoharam is still undefeated ,exchange rate of naira to dollar is still above 200, the economy is bleeding and in need of urgent attention,corrupt men are still roaming freely some are even dining with you ,a poor man somewhere is awaiting your #5000 ,there are still lots of unemployed youths roaming the streets. please don't forget you promised these and many more,for godsake it's six months already

238 Likes 31 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by demarc001: 4:46am On Nov 02, 2015
Ok! Guess part of your duty is to do
publicity for GEJ. Hope he pays you
for publicity. Oh! I forget saints don't
need salaries!
Buhari - the new Jonathan Publicity manager!
Work no pay!

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by ODUBEZE: 4:49am On Nov 02, 2015
For once the PDP is right! If investors will not invest in your country, don't you think the country will be getting poorer?
Companies are laying off workers and PMB still insist on talking no action!
The earlier the masses speak in one voice the better it will be because the country is poor no affect PMB ooooooo.
Him children no lack anything, there is money at their disposal, na the masses go still dey suffer!
A word is enough for the wise!

131 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 02, 2015
Stupid old man surrounded and advised by 1diots.undecided

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by sunny12345679: 5:04am On Nov 02, 2015
We indeed made a big mistake voting this government. Oh Lord have mercy on Nigerian

196 Likes 30 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Ayoemrys(m): 5:04am On Nov 02, 2015
likila:
common sense, this buhari no get
you that have comon sense why dnt you try and be your ward councilor and lets see how brave you are

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Ayoemrys(m): 5:08am On Nov 02, 2015
menix:
Buhari has spent 1/8 of his tenure, instead of forging a way for our economy he is still crying over his predecessor.

Maybe when Nigeria ask for Loan from Gabon he will know say water don pass Garri..
see your mouth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by menix(m): 5:13am On Nov 02, 2015
Ayoemrys:
see your mouth

Like ur appearance bah??

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Ayoemrys(m): 5:13am On Nov 02, 2015
Soneh:
talk oo!
but don't forget that , a primary school boy somewhere is still waiting for your free meals,bokoharam is still undefeated ,exchange rate of naira to dollar is still above 200, the economy is bleeding and in need of urgent attention,corrupt men are still roaming freely some are even dining with you ,a poor man somewhere is awaiting your #5000 ,there are still lots of unemployed youths roaming the streets. please don't forget you promised these and many more,for godsake it's six months already
change dnt come over night,as a good citizen why dnt you help him fulfill one of his promises,

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Ayoemrys(m): 5:19am On Nov 02, 2015
menix:

Like ur appearance bah??
no,like a bull shit

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:24am On Nov 02, 2015
Jonathan did a mess to the economy, this must be told.

10 Likes

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by menix(m): 5:26am On Nov 02, 2015
Ayoemrys:
no,like a bull shit

Don't tell me that u work as a Bull dump packer cous ur dress sense is that of a bar tender..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Ayoemrys(m): 5:30am On Nov 02, 2015
menix:

Don't tell me that u work as a Bull dumb packer cous ur dress sense is that of a bar tender..
lick my ass bro lipsrsealed
menix:

Don't tell me that u work as a Bull dumb packer cous ur dress sense is that of a bar tender..
lick my ass bro
Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by menix(m): 5:32am On Nov 02, 2015
Ayoemrys:
lick my ass bro lipsrsealed lick my ass bro

Inherited Poverty is ur only problem in Life..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Ayoemrys(m): 5:38am On Nov 02, 2015
menix:

Inherited Poverty is ur only problem in Life..
frustrated dude,i know you are disown bill gate son,
Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 02, 2015
Ayoemrys:
change dnt come over night,as a good citizen why dnt you help him fulfill one of his promises,

Are u really serious with all what you re saying or you just feel like talking.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Soneh(m): 5:50am On Nov 02, 2015
Ayoemrys:
i know these things take time but if after six months of being in government we see no action and uncertain of the direction a govt is going we are left with no choice but to wail,at least if not anthing in six months we should have a clue of where this government is headed.mind you 2019 is just around the corner and as somebody said six months is 1/8 of four years

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by biafranqueen: 5:52am On Nov 02, 2015
Stop telling us and show us.
APC got all the secret list and accounts from America but they never arrest anyone yet.
They have been working with the oil accounts for 6 months why have they not brought proof of 20 billion missing.
Where is the arrest and convictions.
We showed you contract inflations in Rivers and Lagos but they are ignored.
Anyway one finger pointing at accused three fingers pointed back at accuser, such is life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0psvbX1YB0

46 Likes

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Babzrockman: 5:57am On Nov 02, 2015
...then take proper action BABA. Although, successive governments have promised and failed us. U still have the time to fulfil ur promises.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by biafranqueen: 5:59am On Nov 02, 2015
ODUBEZE:
For once the PDP is right! If investors will not invest in your country, don't you think the country will be getting poorer?
Companies are laying off workers and PMB still insist on talking no action!
The earlier the masses speak in one voice the better it will be because the country is poor no affect PMB ooooooo.
Him children no lack anything, there is money at their disposal, na the masses go still dey suffer!
A word is enough for the wise!

But we are not dealing with wise people, that's the whole dilemma.

10 Likes

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Flets: 6:03am On Nov 02, 2015
Buhari supervised NNPC for 3 months and we recorded 120billion naira loss..... I guess that is part of talking about GEJ’s govt.

What of the capital flight and investor loss since May?
What of the list of corrupt ministers?
What of the basterdized economy under buhari?
I guess these are all part of talking about GEJ’S govt corruption

What of the loopholes buhari planned to block to generate funds? APC and her members should be really ashamed.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Candyrain(m): 6:05am On Nov 02, 2015
You are right and it's so disheartening
biafranqueen:
But we are not dealing with wise people, that's the whole dilemma.

12 Likes

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Ayoemrys(m): 6:06am On Nov 02, 2015
vfactor:

Are u really serious with all what you re saying or you just feel like talking.
quote it anyhow but thats the truth
Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by eph12(m): 6:11am On Nov 02, 2015
Ayoemrys:
you that have comon sense why dnt you try and be your ward councilor and lets see how brave you are
You don't need common sense to win an election. You just need to be a liar. Dazzal.

33 Likes

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by Ayoemrys(m): 6:12am On Nov 02, 2015
SirJeffry:
Stupid old man surrounded and advised by 1diots.undecided
do you realize that man is still your president either you want it or not and beside,that man is old enough to be your grandfather so stop throwing insult at him,ti iwo na ba fe dagba

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari by oloriooko(m): 6:14am On Nov 02, 2015
a politician is a politician PMB inclusive
your talk is a planned cover for your inadequacies and inability to fulfil all the campaign promises that made me vote you

PMB please less talk more action
we shall support you but not same way PDP supporters did to their government that plunged us into this quagmire

God bless Nigeria
God help PMB

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki At The Burial Of Senator Ali Wakili (Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Femi Falana In Abuja - Pictures / PDP Sweeps Delta LG Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.