Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme (485 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Greets Alex Ekwueme At His Residence In Enugu (Photos) / Throwback Pictures Of Workers Day During Jonathan Administration / I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by MrPedro: 9:06am On Jul 22, 2015
The President should reverse it to assuage the feelings of
Ndigbo
Former Vice President of Nigeria in the Second Republic, Dr.
Alex Ekwueme has said that the plan to bring Boko Haram
detainees to Aguata Prisons in Ekwulobia, Aguata Local
Government Area of Anambra State, was hatched during the
former President Jonathan’s administration, but was resisted
and protested against by the people which made the past
administration to drop the idea. Dr Ekwueme
Speaking with newsmen at Aguluzigbo, Anaocha Local
Government Area of Anambra State during the end of tenure
Thanksgiving Ceremony of Chief Victor Umeh as APGA
Chairman, Chief Ekwueme said, “I am aware that the plan of
bringing Boko Haram detainees to Aguata prisons in Ekwulobia
came up a while ago and there was reasonable protest to the
then President Jonathan against it and he dropped the plan.
“I was out of the country when I heard that Boko Haram
detainees were brought to Aguata Prisons in Ekwulobia,
Anambra State. I started wondering how the idea of bringing
them to the South East and my local government area came up
again after the people thought the matter has been rested.
“I am sure the new President must have seen the records and
proposal and decided to implement it, but since there was
initial protest against the relocation of the detainees to the
South East, I’m sure President Buhari will do something to
assuage the feelings of the people of the South East,” he said.
On the alleged delay in appointing ministers, Chief Ekwueme
said he cannot start passing judgment now on the President
because “every leader has his leadership style, everybody will
not approach that exalted office with the same style. You have
to watch and assess each person based on his style. The
important thing is that we get the right result.
“Another important thing is that we have peace, prosperity and
unity, and better quality of life as Nigeria attains her God
given-position as a great nation and leader in the comity of
nations.
“So, I wish the President well in running the affairs of Nigeria. I
cannot start assessing his performance now, it is too early,” he
said.. www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/relocation-of-boko-haram-inmates-hatched-during-jonathans-govt-ekwueme/
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2015
Seen
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by MrPedro: 9:10am On Jul 22, 2015
<b>WWs</b> contrary to jaundiced chauvinism,.. coming later to comment
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by mrvitalis(m): 9:10am On Jul 22, 2015
Jonathan used and played we the Igbos.. .... .. .. that man is a slow poison.... . A green sneak in green grass
Never really planed well for us

1 Like

Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by delishpot: 9:11am On Jul 22, 2015
Shior. So a "craz" man say lets cook shit and eat and then a "norma"l man cooks shit and eats. And we are supposed to blame the mad man for sugesting it in the first place ba?
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by donholy28(m): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2015
So buhari thought that those that protested about it during d past government are fools...olodo man...bringing ur boko brothers to d east
Re: Relocation Of Boko Haram Inmates Hatched During Jonathan’s Govt —ekwueme by MrPedro: 9:38am On Jul 22, 2015
mrvitalis:
Jonathan used and played we the Igbos.. .... .. .. that man is a slow poison.... . A green sneak in green grass
Never really planed well for us
I am glad we still have objective thinkers and analyst here on NL. tbh, the cluelessness of GEJ is evident in the op. Of course the SE, knowing fully well, will always oppose such an idea even though it will benefit the entire nation why would GEJ nurture such idea in the first place?.and if however such idea is of National importance, why consult a fraction of a whole instead of the entire whole or even a vast majority of them?

(1) (Reply)

Double Loss For NUJ Presidential Candidate As Wife Dies / Fani-kayode Accuses US Government Of Aiding Boko Haram, Blasts Leahy / Extra Clean Direct Usa Usedcar Lexus Rx330 In Port Harcourt Now! Pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.