Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA (1324 Views)

"I Will Kill 200 Nigerians If Buhari Dies" – Police Officer From Borno Threatens / South East Governors Meet In Enugu, To Meet Buhari For Release Of Nnamdi Kanu / A Pastor A "Netanyahu" & A Former Editor: Meet Buhari's Latest Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by olillywales(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
More than 200 Nigerians in the USA were ousted from the meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari in Washington DC.

The meeting was a part of four-day state visit to America by Nigerian leader. Buhari arrived on July 19, Sunday and has already met with his colleague Barack Obama.

Meanwhile, it was the only forum set aside for talks between diaspora Nigerians and their president, and one of a few activities provided entirely by the personnel of the Nigerian Embassy.

Some Nigerian organizations, comprising Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation (NIDO) and APC USA chapter received the information weeks before Buhari arrived.

Invitation cards in Nigerian colours and coat of arms were particularly printed for the event, some of which were sent to Nigerian organizations, and some to individuals.

The cards specified that guests should wear business or national attire and that guests reply to one Bukar Kolo.

However, the information appeared that the Embassy designed only 200 samples of the invitation cards. It did not clarify why so many Nigerian who came for the town hall meeting were left standing outside the gate of the Embassy.

More than 200 Nigerians who came from distant cities were denied admission into the Embassy. Many of them, including Professor Peter Opara who came from Boston, had invitation cards.

The Embassy staff did not explain the lock out to their fellow Nigerians.

Buhari has departed USA just recently, he will be back in Nigeria on Thursday, July 23.

The leader of Africa’s economic powerhouse, Nigeria, met with President Obama in the Oval Office.

Muhammadu Buhari was elected president in March in what was seen as Nigeria’s first peaceful transition of power.

USA visit was an opportunity for the two countries to patch up a relationship which had soured.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/over-200-nigerians-were-denied-to-meet.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
undecided
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
All these animals
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by Greenarrow01(m): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by vecman22(m): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
GEj is a thief...
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by vecman22(m): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by 9jii(m): 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by FSU: 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
Thank God I did not WASTE my time attempting to attend the event. Got far more important things to do than to go listen to the Daura du--llard. Plus, imagine not even being allowed entry into the venue to see the dullard? That's clear double whammy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by aresa: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
^^^^^^^^ The event really wasn't for ignorants, bigots and hate peddling clowns so I'm 100% sure PMB didn't miss your miserable appearance.

Your absence was a good thing for humanity..

3 Likes

Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by Jorussia(m): 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
FSU:
Thank God I did not WASTE my time attempting to attend the event. Got far more important things to do than to go listen to the Daura President. Plus, imagine not even being allowed entry into the venue to see the dullard? That's clear double whammy grin grin grin grin grin grin
you even no road to MMA?not talk of seeing pmb for us.

3 Likes

Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by FSU: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jorussia:
you even no road to MMA?not talk of seeing pmb for us.

You think everyone is holed up in Ijebu Ijesha like you?

1 Like

Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by FSU: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
aresa:
^^^^^^^^ The event really wasn't for ignorants, bigots and hate peddling clowns so I'm 100% sure PMB didn't miss your miserable appearance.

Your absence was a good thing for humanity..

Babapupa,if you hated GEJ the way you did, I see no reason you should have any issue with those who merely dislike the Daura d--ullard
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by Jorussia(m): 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
FSU:

You think everyone is holed up in Ijebu Ijesha like you?
Lol,i have nv heard that place in my life.I can bet my dinner for today that you have nv been to MMA?
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by ki02020(m): 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
Bad planning from the embassy
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by FSU: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jorussia:
Lol,i have nv heard that place in my life.I can bet my dinner for today that you have nv been to MMA?

You can continue to bet with your life and be holed up in your small Ijegbu ewedu village while folks like me globe-jet to your envy.
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by socialmediaman: 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2015
FSU:

Babapupa,if you hated GEJ the way you did, I see no reason you should have any issue with those who merely dislike the Daura d--ullard

Ask him why he disliked GEJ and he'll fill up your space with a thousand reasons. Ask you why you dislike Buhari, ?? ?? ??...
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by Mega005(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
God bless U acidtalk: 8:38pm
ATTENTION FELLOW NIGERIAN YOUTHS:

Be you Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba, Efik, Ibibio, Igala, Benin, Urhobo or wherever you may come from, I know you might not like Buhari Muhammed as your president either because he is Fulani, a Muslim or whatever personal reason that might have been brainwashed into your head, I will want you to realize one simple fact that YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN IF BUHARI'S GOVERNMENT SUCCEEDS AND EVERYTHING TO LOSE IF HE DOESN'T.

Praying for this government to fail across all board is like praying life becomes reasonable for you and your household. Why am I saying these things you may ask right? The reason is if dollar becomes N700 to $1 all these past and present government officials and politicians won't feel the itch. It is you and your household that will buy items at skyrocket prices.

This government needs to succeed in making electricity 24/7, good roads, hospital, low cost housing, security, employment for the youths and above all FIGHT CORRUPT POLITICIANS WHO ARE YOU BIGGEST ENEMIES.

Forget the likes of barcanista, temitemi, CR77 and the rest. They are all jobless and agents of pdp who use this forum to defend their paymaster.

If truely this Guys have real job they won't have the time to type rubbish everyday..

1 Like

Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by CR77(f): 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
Mumu get a life
Mega005:
acidtalk: 8:38pm
ATTENTION FELLOW NIGERIAN YOUTHS:

Be you Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba, Efik, Ibibio, Igala, Benin, Urhobo or wherever you may come from, I know you might not like Buhari Muhammed as your president either because he is Fulani, a Muslim or whatever personal reason that might have been brainwashed into your head, I will want you to realize one simple fact that YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN IF BUHARI'S GOVERNMENT SUCCEEDS AND EVERYTHING TO LOSE IF HE DOESN'T.

Praying for this government to fail across all board is like praying life becomes reasonable for you and your household. Why am I saying these things you may ask right? The reason is if dollar becomes N700 to $1 all these past and present government officials and politicians won't feel the itch. It is you and your household that will buy items at skyrocket prices.

This government needs to succeed in making electricity 24/7, good roads, hospital, low cost housing, security, employment for the youths and above all FIGHT CORRUPT POLITICIANS WHO ARE YOU BIGGEST ENEMIES.

Forget the likes of barcanista, temitemi, CR77 and the rest. They are all jobless and agents of pdp who use this forum to defend their paymaster.

If truely this Guys have real job they won't have the time to type rubbish everyday..
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by Mega005(m): 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
CR77:
Mumu get a life

The one u cldnt get abi??

Or d kind life Ur hero GEJ cldnt get..
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by jamex93(m): 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmm
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by yemstok(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
angry

Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by CR77(f): 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
ewa tongue
Mega005:

The one u cldnt get abi??

Or d kind life Ur hero GEJ cldnt get..
Re: Over 200 Nigerians Were Denied To Meet Buhari In The USA by aresa: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
FSU:

Stop trying to prove your silly TaNoid credibility because I know you are a damn ignorant village and unintelligent TaNoid.

Majority Nigerians kicked that corrupt, crooked and incompetent loser out of office so ask majority Nigerians why they dislike that crook and incompetent, I'm sure they have tens of millions of reasons....

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Directive On Light Weapons: Defence Industries In A Shambles / Katsina State Records Highest Number Of Drug Arrests – NBS / What Is The Problem With The South?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.