Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss (31103 Views)

Avoiding Cancellation Of USA B1/B2 Visa At The Port Of Entry, POE / Revoked Us B1/b2 Visa In Usa / USA B1/B2 Visa,what Are The Requirement And Documents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 7:55am On Jul 24, 2015
LagosNIV:
Why did your plans change? And how soon after the interview did they change?

These are all things you should consider - when someone goes to a visa interview and is granted a visa for a purpose, that doesn't mean you show up somewhere else with a different purpose. That was not the intent in issuing your visa...

Aside from the fact that it was the wrong time and place to make a joke about staying for as long as you can, there are a LOT of questions surrounding when anyone shows up at POE with a different intent than when they applied for a visa.
you can even change destination or point of entry. Ie,if u wanted to visit ny and the person u are going to see has gone to nevada ,u can go to nevada but u must be able to prove to the officials why u are there ,who u are there to meet and ur intent to leave. From the op submission he changed his point of entry (no wahala), but he wasn't meeting anyone ,he came as a tourist and yet didn't have enough cash,that sounds like someone who wants to run away. It shows he isn't prepared to go back but wants to stay and work to survive. Then he was asked how long he wishes to stay he said 4 weeks or “more”. No entry officer in any country will allow such a traveller to enter their country,which means he doesn't even have the plan of returning to nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:
you can even change destination or point of entry. Ie,if u wanted to visit ny and the person u are going to see has gone to nevada ,u can go to nevada but u must be able to prove to the officials why u are there ,who u are there to meet and ur intent to leave. From the op submission he changed his point of entry (no wahala), but he wasn't meeting anyone ,he came as a tourist and yet didn't have enough cash,that sounds like someone who wants to run away. It shows he isn't prepared to go back but wants to stay and work to survive. Then he was asked how long he wishes to stay he said 4 weeks or “more”. No entry officer in any country will allow such a traveller to enter their country,which means he doesn't even have the plan of returning to nigeria .

Yes, as a VO I am aware that you can change your destination. What you seemed to miss in my statement was that it would raise additional scrutiny.

If you are supposed to visit somone in NY, how are you just now finding out that they are in Nevada? Try it at your own risk, but thousands of people get turned around every day for lying on their visa applications to get through that process and then showing up at the POE where they really wanted to live.

5 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2015
LagosNIV:

Yes, as a VO I am aware that you can change your destination. What you seemed to miss in my statement was that it would raise additional scrutiny.

If you are supposed to visit somone in NY, how are you just now finding out that they are in Nevada? Try it at your own risk, but thousands of people get turned around every day for lying on their visa applications to get through that process and then showing up at the POE where they really wanted to live.
yes additional scrutiny ,but I also mentioned that “if the person you are going to see has moved”,all they want is a proof of ur intention to leave . If the person I am supposed to meet isn't in his former place I can meet him anywhere in the usa provided I can prove that he is there. The op wasn't even seeing anyone and yet had no money in cash and didn't even know when he will leave the usa .

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:19am On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:
they were very very correct and right to have rejected u. U changed plans , u didn't even know how long u were going to stay ,lastly u didn't have cash on you although that is excusable if there was someone in that city waiting for u and who can confirm u will be staying with him . To them ,you just came to see if you can stay . Don't worry though ,if u reapply they will give u another visa . Even the issue of changing plans or entry point is even pardonable and excusable . The main point that discredited u was that u were not sure how long u intended to stay in usa.

From the conversation thay ensued, not knowing how long i wanted to stay was not the main reason i was sent back. The head immigration officer was screaming that i had no money and i replied saying please let me show you and prove to you that i have but she said i should have held evidence like a statement of account or something to show.

Alot of things worked against me that came across as lies but i did not count them as important since i had no intentions of overstaying or running away. I just wanted to have a good time.

What got to me most was their aggression. They hardly listen to what you tell them, they only go with what they think.

I was also surprised at the amount of people that get turned back at P O E. Boy! No be small thing, blacks, whites, asians etc.

They will search you to the teeth they even read on the messages on my phone, emails and what have you. After i get the responses i am looking for, i will post a write up to advise first time travellers to the USA, those people no dey joke AT ALL!!!

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:23am On Jul 24, 2015
Ogbeche77:
The red flag here was you not having a return ticket.. All other excuses they gave were watery... Like travelling heavy or changed POE..
Common, who does that? You travelling with a tourist visa without a return ticket? sad sad

I had a return ticket that did not tally with when i intended to leave. No airline, i repeat NO AIRLINE will board you without a return ticket on a tourist visa! Are you 'Norma Freeman'.. Lool

I should have suspected something was wrong when i got to germany, i was called out but cleared to board.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:28am On Jul 24, 2015
Thank you for your response.

I changed plans because i had called up an old contact about me coming to the country which i did not mention at my interview which lasted not more than 3mins. That was one contradiction. Another one was that i told them i will be staying at a hotel but now i have contact that will be picking me up. Many other contracdictions but sincerely i did not think it a big deal since i had my visa.

Please can you advise me on how to resolve the issue when i am ready to visit the country again? Probably in 5years or after that?

Thank you

LagosNIV:

These are all things you should consider - when someone goes to a visa interview and is granted a visa for a purpose, that doesn't mean you show up somewhere else with a different purpose. That was not the intent in issuing your visa...

Aside from the fact that it was the wrong time and place to make a joke about staying for as long as you can, there are a LOT of questions surrounding when anyone shows up at POE with a different intent than when they applied for a visa.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:32am On Jul 24, 2015
Miami11:

I suspect he did not have a return ticket on hand.
Some flights will book you with no return ticket

Not on a tourist visa! Except you are migrating or on a student visa.

Is your mum visiting for the first time? I can give you some solid advise that will keep her safe from any wahala.

That is if you need it..

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:

I advice anybody to 'ROBOTICALLY' follow your plans to the teeth exactly the way you filed it on your ds-160 form. Dont change any plan. When you enter, then you can do as you wish but not on local flights.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2015
iContribute:

I had a return ticket that did not tally with when i intended to leave. No airline, i repeat NO AIRLINE will board you without a return ticket on a tourist visa! Are you 'Norma Freeman'.. Lool

I should have suspected something was wrong when i got to germany, i was called out but cleared to board.
Lol @ Norma Freeman.. You should have just told them the date on your return ticket was that which you intended to leave.. Moving forward, I don't think this will affect any future application. You didn't commit any crime/fraud

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 9:04am On Jul 24, 2015
Ogbeche77:
Lol @ Norma Freeman.. You should have just told them the date on your return ticket was that which you intended to leave.. Moving forward, I don't think this will affect any future application. You didn't commit any crime/fraud
exactly ,I don't think it is any big deal since he didn't commit any crime . But ol boy 5yrs na long time ooooo.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 9:06am On Jul 24, 2015
iContribute:

I advice anybody to 'ROBOTICALLY' follow your plans to the teeth exactly the way you filed it on your ds-160 form. Dont change any plan. When you enter, then you can do as you wish but not on local flights.
I think this thread is worth the frontpage . The heading should be advice or warning for intending first time travellers to usa .
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:
I think this thread is worth the frontpage . The heading should be advice or warning for intending first time travellers to usa .
I think so too.. I will mail the supermods undecided undecided

cc lalastica
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:
exactly ,I don't think it is any big deal since he didn't commit any crime . But ol boy 5yrs na long time ooooo.

The US is not the only country to visit now! Lol

My major concern is the penalty or penalties for a visa cancelled 'with prejudice' and not without.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 9:50am On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:

Well, valid point.

But as i intend to advice, i also need advice too. You get?
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 9:52am On Jul 24, 2015
onatisi:

Some things i have read about usa visas cancelled with prejudice is of conern to me. I am not a first time traveller but was going to the US for the first time!
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2015
Please i am waiting on experts too and people that may have experienced this. Thank you in advance!
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 10:01am On Jul 24, 2015
iContribute:

Well, valid point.

But as i intend to advice, i also need advice too. You get?

what exactly do u want advice on ? Maybe u should just state in a single question ,then I believe ppl will be able to react and respond .
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by spykid014(f): 10:19am On Jul 24, 2015
Hmmmm... iContribute, sorry about your visa cancellation.
I think what gave you away was your return ticket date not corresponding with when you wanted to leave the US, I mean you weren't even sure when you will be back home. And you making a joke when the guy @ the POE wasn't even ready for that.

If you can, let us know the POE this was at and the airline you flew.

Sorry once again, I hope it's not a 5year ban sha... 5 years is a LONG time!!!
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 24, 2015
spykid014:
I think what gave you away was your return ticket date not corresponding with when you wanted to leave the US, I mean you weren't even sure when you will be back home. And you making a joke when the guy @ the POE wasn't even ready for that.

You are on point.. For example.. if he had a return ticket that says, he will return on 4th August, he just had to state it to them, either way, he will still get a 6month right of stay from the visa officer even if he intend not to stay that long..
My guess is that OP had a return ticket that extended beyond a 6 month duration, I may be wrong..

3 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by worry357: 10:48am On Jul 24, 2015
The most important lesson for others to learn is that the OP. tried to be clever with the entry officer
instead of giving a simple, honest answer.

It was a very expensive lesson for him. shocked
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Xerum(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
What got to me most was their aggression. They hardly listen to what you tell them, they only go with what they think.

Op,

Sorry to hear about your predicament. I like the way you are dealing with it though. It apparently shows you had no ulterior motives. Unfortunately, the circumstances you found yourself in had a very unfortunate outcome for you.

Yeah, I do hear that a lot about the aggressive treatment giving to people at the POE in America.

I do understand they are trying to fish out people who are likely to abuse their temporaty visa’s and remain permanently in the U.S. is that then a reason to treat most people visitng your country as potential criminal? Despite the fact that 90% percent of the tourists are genuine visitors.

The other time, a friend of mine travelled from here (The Netherlands) with his daughter, a teenager as tall as her father. They were like delayed & questioned for over an hour, shouting and intimidating them like: “are you sure he is your dad!” are you sure she is your daughter! bla bla.

Part of the reasons, I have not visited the place till now. Yeah, I know dem no miss me, me self no miss them. There are other places in the world I go to enjoy my money and peace. Where I do not get shouted at just because I am visitng the country and coming to spend my money.

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
Xerum:

Op,

Sorry to hear about your predicament. I like the way you are dealing with it though. It apparently shows you had no ulterior motives. Unfortunately, the circumstances you found yourself in had a very unfortunate outcome for you.

Yeah, I do hear that a lot about the aggressive treatment giving to people at the POE in America.

I do understand they are trying to fish out people who are likely to abuse their temporaty visa’s and remain permanently in the U.S. is that then a reason to treat most people visitng your country as potential criminal? Despite the fact that 90% percent of the tourists are genuine visitors.

The other time, a friend of mine travelled from here (The Netherlands) with his daughter, a teenager as tall as her father. They were like delayed & questioned for over an hour, shouting and intimidating them like: “are you sure he is your dad!” are you sure she is your daughter! bla bla.

Part of the reasons, I have not visited the place till now. Yeah, I know dem no miss me, me self no miss them. There are other places in the world I go to enjoy my money and peace. Where I do not get shouted at just because I am visitng the country and coming to spend my money.

Thanks.

Infact, i am busy at the moment, your comment made me log-in.

You are very correct. Their agression ehnnn! I was just too shocked. They did not even let me speak and explain how it all happened. I have travelled to other countries and the immigration officers listen, this ons did not want to hear jack! They stopped families, singles, couples, business men and women from all works of life. It was a bad experience, i was just calm and i was still smiling at everything (because i kind of found it funny, like i was watching a film).

I will still start another thread to warn first timers. They search my luggage, open it till they saw the name of the manufacturers( you can tell the level at which they search).
They collected my phone, read ALL my messages and emails and what have you. My brother, i just taya! I was just looking at them.

When they were satisfied they made their judgement. I think at somepoint they were going to let me through but after speaking with others especially one short woman that was like the chief immigration officer. Everything just scattered. I even had a chat with an italian couple that was in the same situation while we were waiting, they read on her phone that she was discussing about working on a B1/B2 visa with a friend and she had visited before. Some people even cry sef. I was just looking. Its easy to type and speak about it now but back then everything happened as a surprise to me.

I'll be back.

6 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
iContribute:

Not on a tourist visa! Except you are migrating or on a student visa.

Is your mum visiting for the first time? I can give you some solid advise that will keep her safe from any wahala.

That is if you need it..
I need advice for my mum, what should I tell her. She is coming directly to Dallas
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Pidggin(f): 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hi OP, sorry about your experience. If you had known you should have left all implicating documents at home then get someone to fax them to you when you get there. Next time be a bit more direct with your answers and travel with enough funds that should cover your trip. Immigration issue is not a laughing matter, don't joke, just be polite, Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Misspee106: 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
iContribute:
I had my USA B1/B2 visa cancelled WITH PREJUDICE. Please i will appreciate comments and advice from people that have been in this situation and how they resolved it... Thanks

Are you a first time traveller sir or have you been to other countries before ?
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by justwise(m): 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
LagosNIV:

Visaofficer ^^ responded to you and you are still asking for experts? He is a visa officer from American embassy in Lagos

iContribute:
Please i am waiting on experts too and people that may have experienced this. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by suxes2005(m): 12:05am On Jul 25, 2015
Following!

I had a close person who was turned back last year as well all because the school resumed 2 days earlier!

That was at Doha, Qatar.

Re-applied and got the visa this year. Student visa though.

~ Sheyi

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2015
justwise:

Visaofficer ^^ responded to you and you are still asking for experts? He is a visa officer from American embassy in Lagos

Gbam!! Visa officer has given him the best expert advise as a representative of the US embassy, which other advice does he want wink

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by twvisa: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
My advice to everyone,who has a change of plan or whose itinerary changes before traveling. Please make sure you send an email to te Visa office in Lagos or Abuja. After sending the mail, print it out, even if they dont respond, be sure that they got it. This can help you at the POE.

3 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Miami11: 6:27am On Jul 26, 2015
twvisa:
My advice to everyone,who has a change of plan or whose itinerary changes before traveling. Please make sure you send an email to te Visa office in Lagos or Abuja. After sending the mail, print it out, even if they dont respond, be sure that they got it. This can help you at the POE.
Thank you, your insight is very helpful
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
iContribute:

I didnt use a direct flight. Some questions and my....

You made a complete joke of the whole process. If I were an IO I wouldn't let you in either. The visa you get from nigeria is a license to travel. The stamp at the point of entry is the real visa.

All the best.

Manifest
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 12:03am On Jul 27, 2015
embarassed

spykid014:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Children Riding A Ferris Wheel Stuck After NEPA Struck In Ogun State. / See The New International Terminal At The Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja / Panic As Explosion Rocks Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.