Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss (31060 Views)

Avoiding Cancellation Of USA B1/B2 Visa At The Port Of Entry, POE / Revoked Us B1/b2 Visa In Usa / USA B1/B2 Visa,what Are The Requirement And Documents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 12:06am On Jul 27, 2015
I had a return ticket open for 6months and i was willing to buy another return ticket depending on how long will be stamped on my visa..

Ogbeche77:
You are on point.. For example.. if he had a return ticket that says, he will return on 4th August, he just had to state it to them, either way, he will still get a 6month right of stay from the visa officer even if he intend not to stay that long..
My guess is that OP had a return ticket that extended beyond a 6 month duration, I may be wrong..
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 12:09am On Jul 27, 2015
i was not trying to be clever, neither did i lie. However, i took alot for granted probably because i had good intentions. I just wanted to have a good time in the country.

worry357:
The most important lesson for others to learn is that the OP. tried to be clever with the entry officer
instead of giving a simple, honest answer.

It was a very expensive lesson for him. shocked

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 12:13am On Jul 27, 2015
is she coming for the first time? why is she visiting?

Basically, my advice is to make sure she follows exactly what she filed on her ds-160 form before she was granted her visa. she responses to the questions she will be asked at the POE must tally with what she filed. she will not have any problems, relax. She should carry evidence of any possible questions she might be asked and she should carry cash too.

Miami11:

I need advice for my mum, what should I tell her. She is coming directly to Dallas
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 12:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Yes. Not a first time traveller.

Misspee106:

Are you a first time traveller sir or have you been to other countries before ?
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 12:17am On Jul 27, 2015
I did not make a joke of the whole process. I just threw in one or two jokes to calm the situation because to me they were handling the whole thing at a level i founf confusing..

manifest:

You made a complete joke of the whole process. If I were an IO I wouldn't let you in either. The visa you get from nigeria is a license to travel. The stamp at the point of entry is the real visa.

All the best.

Manifest

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 12:24am On Jul 27, 2015
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate your time. So everyone that gets a 214 7 a (i) (I) of the ina code gets a 5year ban!!! #Sigh

LagosNIV:

Yes, as a VO I am aware that you can change your destination. What you seemed to miss in my statement was that it would raise additional scrutiny.

If you are supposed to visit somone in NY, how are you just now finding out that they are in Nevada? Try it at your own risk, but thousands of people get turned around every day for lying on their visa applications to get through that process and then showing up at the POE where they really wanted to live.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2015
iContribute:
I had a return ticket open for 6months and i was willing to buy another return ticket depending on how long will be stamped on my visa..

Open ticket for a period of 6 months and you're a first time traveller to the US on a B1? You already gave them the impression you have no definite plan in the US..
I doubt if there is anyway to appeal this.. you just have to serve the 5 years ban
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 30, 2015
iContribute:

The US is not the only country to visit now! Lol

My major concern is the penalty or penalties for a visa cancelled 'with prejudice' and not without.

Hi
Why dont you discover our Africa?
I think what happened can become a blessing for you....

I intend to immerse myself in African countries, living in different countries for at least two weeks in each, not being all touristy and the like, but really getting to know these places, and their people....
Would be cheaper too

You know what? Just ignore me....I tend to do this a lot...become preachy about Africa
Cheers and I like your spirit!

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by ycoxyng: 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
Like to share a personal story and I hope it will help folks travelling to USA. My wife and kids where delayed up to 3 Hours at Dallas Dallas Ft Worth Intl. she was questioned on all manners of things before she was allowed in. one particular question they asked her that cut my attention was why is she visiting Dallas and not California as claimed in her application form despite the fact that we all travelled to California last year. I think people should be ready to answer questions as to change of destination particularly first timer. Also,she said half of the people on the plane were sent to secondary inspection both whites and blacks.

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
I am not bothered about being away from the US for 5years, i am only concerned about how it could affect my future travel plan to other countries in regards to work, business or leisure. Besides they only acted on their own accord, God has the final say. wink

Ogbeche77:
Open ticket for a period of 6 months and you're a first time traveller to the US on a B1? You already gave them the impression you have no definite plan in the US..
I doubt if there is anyway to appeal this.. you just have to serve the 5 years ban

3 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks for the compliment, i appreciate it.

I will be more than willing to tour Africa with like minded people. Next stop on my mind 'Zanzibar' wink

Please lets keep in touch.

Cheers

milychocs:

Hi

I intend to immerse myself in African countries, living in different countries for at least two weeks in each, not being all touristy and the like, but really getting to know these places, and their people....
Would be cheaper too

You know what? Just ignore me....I tend to do this a lot...become preachy about Africa

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
Very True. Not even just being ready to answers questions regarding change of plans, they should also be ready to back those changes up with strong surporting evidence i.e print outs, photocopies and what have you.

ycoxyng:

Like to share a personal story and I hope it will help folks travelling to USA. My wife and kids where delayed up to 3 Hours at Dallas Dallas Ft Worth Intl. she was questioned on all manners of things before she was allowed in. one particular question they asked her that cut my attention was why is she visiting Dallas and not California as claimed in her application form despite the fact that we all travelled to California last year. I think people should be ready to answer questions as to change of destination particularly first timer. Also,she said half of the people on the plane were sent to secondary inspection both whites and blacks.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Goldenboy007(m): 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hey man, you do not seems to be too bothered about it judging by all your replies. Oya talk true, what was your intention really? Do you have a job in Nigeria ? A rational person would wonder why you had an option to stay longer if you had a job to return to? However that aside, I like your spirit on how you handle the disappointment. My brother walahi no big deal here jare, I live in US and I don't really see the hype. You are not missing anything jo. Why do people want to holiday in US sef? For bragging rights? Some African countries have the best tourist attractions, Chicago is not different from what you will see in Lagos, infact I miss that Ojota bustop chaos, thats life men !!! After being here for sometime, my ideal holidaying spot isn't another western country, probably Africa, SA, Middle East, etc. Somewhere I can be closer to nature !!!

6 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by iContribute: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Brother, i just taya for them o! The world have now made it seem like going to the US is a ticket to heaven! Phew.. Honestly it was painful what happened but their agression and scrutiny at the POE amazed me. I have lived abroad in the past, i understand what you mean sir..

Goldenboy007:
Hey man, you do not seems to be too bothered about it judging by all your replies. Oya talk true, what was your intention really? Do you have a job in Nigeria ? A rational person would wonder why you had an option to stay longer if you had a job to return to? However that aside, I like your spirit on how you handle the disappointment. My brother walahi no big deal here jare, I live in US and I don't really see the hype. You are not missing anything jo. Why do people want to holiday in US sef? For bragging rights? Some African countries have the best tourist attractions, Chicago is not different from what you will see in Lagos, infact I miss that Ojota bustop chaos, thats life men !!! After being here for sometime, my ideal holidaying spot isn't another western country, probably Africa, SA, Middle East, etc. Somewhere I can be closer to nature !!!

1 Like

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Goldenboy007(m): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
iContribute:
Brother, i just taya for them o! The world have now made it seem like going to the US is a ticket to heaven! Phew.. Honestly it was painful what happened but their agression and scrutiny at the POE amazed me. I have lived abroad in the past, i understand what you mean sir..

Don't mind them jor. I remember my first time at their point of entry. They look at you as if you are piece of cargo to be inspected and documented. Some officers are really nice and friendly but some are just crappy and unecessarily hostile. They give people the impression that their border is gateway to heaven, until you live in US and realize suffer-head plenty, Some of them do not earn the salary you are paid back home but they treat you like a nuisance. To be fair o, some of them are very nice o and I met lots of nice ones when I entered then. No be their fault na, I blame my country Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by laudate: 11:50am On Aug 04, 2015
milychocs:

Hi

Would be cheaper too

Try Nairobi and Mombasa in Kenya. Beautiful cities in a beautiful country. I absolutely loved Nairobi. Their city centre reminded me of Broad Street in Lagos. Similar architecture. They still use the British right-hand drive system. Lots of tourist attractions, too.

Then go to Gaborone in Botswana. You will have a great time in their numerous shopping malls. Next, visit Windhoek in Namibia, if their visa process does not frustrate you.

You will come back renewed, invigorated and well rested! You can thank me later! grin

2 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by feedthenation(m): 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
The US Immigration Officers are one of the most rudest bunch of people I have come across in my life, I fully appreciate the fact that their jobs can very stressful, but a little nicer personality will go a long way.

I have been to the US many times & still get frisks thoroughly everytime, in most cases for hours, so I'm used to their rants.

OP, pls next time you travel to any country have all necessary and only important docs with you. If you're a professional, have some information relating to your jobs e.g. a valid contact number i.e. your immediate boss in case they want to contact your office.

Stay close to your intended reasons for travelling and in all seriousness, don't try to joke or be funny at all, just answer all questions clearly and concisely - Keep It Short & Simple - (KISS).

6 Likes

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
laudate:

Try Nairobi and Mombasa in Kenya. Beautiful cities in a beautiful country. I absolutely loved Nairobi. Their city centre reminded me of Broad Street in Lagos. Similar architecture. They still use the British right-hand drive system. Lots of tourist attractions, too.

Then go to Gaborone in Botswana. You will have a great time in their numerous shopping malls. Next, visit Windhoek in Namibia, if their visa process does not frustrate you.

You will come back renewed, invigorated and well rested! You can thank me later! grin

Now drooling
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by whyqueu(m): 12:06am On Nov 12, 2016
onatisi:
you can even change destination or point of entry. Ie,if u wanted to visit ny and the person u are going to see has gone to nevada ,u can go to nevada but u must be able to prove to the officials why u are there ,who u are there to meet and ur intent to leave. From the op submission he changed his point of entry (no wahala), but he wasn't meeting anyone ,he came as a tourist and yet didn't have enough cash,that sounds like someone who wants to run away. It shows he isn't prepared to go back but wants to stay and work to survive. Then he was asked how long he wishes to stay he said 4 weeks or “more”. No entry officer in any country will allow such a traveller to enter their country,which means he doesn't even have the plan of returning to nigeria .

Hello famz, My Mum , Nephew and myself av an
appointment at the US Embassy Dec for B1/B2.
My mum is a nurse and my nephew and I just
finished our undergraduate studies .We have no
travelling experience and we have booked our
reservation for d 10 day visit . We are 6 in my
family including my dad but my siblings are
still in school (Not Going tho)!! My fear is that
won't they say we are graduate and with
economic situation of d country dat these guys
will run away? Please what are our Chances
Famz? Thanks
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 9:37am On Nov 13, 2016
whyqueu:

Hello famz, My Mum , Nephew and myself av an
appointment at the US Embassy Dec for B1/B2.
My mum is a nurse and my nephew and I just
finished our undergraduate studies .We have no
travelling experience and we have booked our
reservation for d 10 day visit . We are 6 in my
family including my dad but my siblings are
still in school (Not Going tho)!! My fear is that
won't they say we are graduate and with
economic situation of d country dat these guys
will run away? Please what are our Chances
Famz? Thanks

yes you are right. they may say that, no travel experience and you are young graduates , you have no strong attachment to nigeria to make you come back . but honestly it all boils down to luck . you never can say , the vo may just grant you the visa .dont lose faith , try your luck first . dont be afraid
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by whyqueu(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
onatisi:

yes you are right. they may say that, no travel experience and you are young graduates , you have no strong attachment to nigeria to make you come back . but honestly it all boils down to luck . you never can say , the vo may just grant you the visa .dont lose faith , try your luck first . dont be afraid

How can I build dat strong attachment to Nigeria( what to say).? thanks!
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2016
whyqueu:

How can I build dat strong attachment to Nigeria( what to say).? thanks!

with your situation i must confess it is very difficult except you can prove that your parents are extremely rich .

1) you are young
2) you are a fresh graduate
3) you are not gainfully employed which means u are unemployed
4) you are single with no kids

the only thing you can do is to try and prove that you have a good job or business in Nigeria< which you cant neglect for long . this can work
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by whyqueu(m): 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
onatisi:

with your situation i must confess it is very difficult except you can prove that your parents are extremely rich .

1) you are young
2) you are a fresh graduate
3) you are not gainfully employed which means u are unemployed
4) you are single with no kids

the only thing you can do is to try and prove that you have a good job or business in Nigeria< which you cant neglect for long . this can work

My mum has about 4.5 million as at 6 month ago according to us requirements and she's a Matron tho.
My uncle who filled the US form told us that if I tell them I'm working they will ask for my bank account and the VO will ask us why are two young men going to do with my mum's since we are working. My uncle also said ,if u claim u are working,ow was it possible for three of u to collect leave from work at d same time looks suspicious .
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by worry359(m): 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2016
whyqueu:

My mum has about 4.5 million as at 6 month ago according to us requirements and she's a Matron tho.
My uncle who filled the US form told us that if I tell them I'm working they will ask for my bank account and the VO will ask us why are two young men going to do with my mum's since we are working. My uncle also said ,if u claim u are working,ow was it possible for three of u to collect leave from work at d same time looks suspicious .

Your visa application must consist of the truth and facts that can be checked.
Not stories made up by you, your uncle or someone here.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by whyqueu(m): 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
worry359:

Your visa application must consist of the truth and facts that can be checked. Not stories made up by you, your uncle or someone here.

But sir, that's the truth! Just need to know my chances that's all
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 12:52am On Nov 15, 2016
whyqueu:

The 3 of you cant apply on that account balance . Secondly for 2 young fresh graduates applying at the same time won't convince any embassy official positively. I think you should just relax and build your profil
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by whyqueu(m): 10:20am On Nov 15, 2016
onatisi:

The 3 of you cant apply on that account balance . Secondly for 2 young fresh graduates applying at the same time won't convince any embassy official positively. I think you should just relax and build your profil

BUILD MY PROF I'LL AS HOW? PLEASE HELP ME !! MY UNCLE JUST DID HE'S SOME MONTH AGO WITH THE LESSER AMOUNT ..WITH 4 KIDS AND HIS WIFE AND THEY GOT THE VISA! WE ARE JUST GOING FOR A CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION !! THAT ALL.. PLEASE ADVICE..GOD BLESS U !! AWAYU ING YOUR RESPONCE
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by onatisi(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2016
whyqueu:

BUILD MY PROF I'LL AS HOW? PLEASE HELP ME !! MY UNCLE JUST DID HE'S SOME MONTH AGO WITH THE LESSER AMOUNT ..WITH 4 KIDS AND HIS WIFE AND THEY GOT THE VISA! WE ARE JUST GOING FOR A CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION !! THAT ALL.. PLEASE ADVICE..GOD BLESS U !! AWAYU ING YOUR RESPONCE
Your uncle isn't young
Your uncle isn't unemployed
Most likely he was able to convince the vo that he has a good job in Nigeria
Your uncle is married with kids.
Your uncle probably was able to prove ownership of some properties.
You are none of these things.
Even if I am the vo I wont grant you,but you can try your luck,they will give your mother no doubt about that but you younger guys will have a lot of convincing to do.
What the vo is after is that you should prove to them that you have enough tangible reasons to come back to Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by whyqueu(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
onatisi:

Your uncle isn't young
Your uncle isn't unemployed
Most likely he was able to convince the vo that he has a good job in Nigeria
Your uncle is married with kids.
Your uncle probably was able to prove ownership of some properties.
You are none of these things.
Even if I am the vo I wont grant you,but you can try your luck,they will give your mother no doubt about that but you younger guys will have a lot of convincing to do.
What the vo is after is that you should prove to them that you have enough tangible reasons to come back to Nigeria

please Sir/Ma, please, can I have your number? Mine is 07036736005 .. please I have one personal thing to tell u ... If u can please just flash mi.. I will return your call... Thanks !! Looking forward to your positive response!
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by wakaman007: 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hi guys. I was recently issued a B1/B2 visa 1 year multiple entry to the US. This was for a training program in Texas. However, my ticket POE is Washington since am headed to Maryland. Can i get an invitation letter from someone in Maryland and use as my reason for entry into the US, or was the reason for visa issuance entered into the system. In which case the Port officer will know that i have changed my reason. Please advice me. I am confused. And to be honest, i don't intend to come back. I dey go na to hustle.
Re: Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss by simonydurny(m): 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
iContribute:

The aggression part is what I can't comprehend. For me, generally, aggressive behaviour is a sign of weakness. I seek to know why they chose to treat people that way!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policeman Hit By Car Dies In Kaduna (Graphic Photos) / Tree Fell On Man's Car In Ghana (photos) / Ikorodu Lagos Boat Mishap: 4 Dead, 4 Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.