Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,369 members, 7,861,015 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:00 PM

I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari (798 Views)

May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Be Patient With My Government - Buhari Begs ASUU / Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by Omambala1(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2015
President Muhammadu
Buhari will not extend his
corruption probe beyond
the administration of
former President Goodluck
Jonathan, the presidency
has said.

Mr. Buhari, who is currently
on official visit to the United
States, has consistently
vowed to investigate and
bring to book, persons who
looted the country’s funds.
The president said on
Tuesday he will arrest and
prosecute past ministers
and other officials who stole
Nigeria’s oil and diverted
government’s money to
personal accounts.

But the Special Adviser on
Media and Public Affairs to
Mr. Buhari, Femi Adesina,
said the president will limit
his anti-corruption war to
the immediate past
administration in the
country.

He said Mr. Buhari will not
waste time in probing the
administrations of former
President Olusegun
Obasanjo, Abdulsalam
Abubakar, Sani Abacha and
Ibrahim Babangida.
He said even before he was
sworn in to office on May
29, the president had
categorically stated that he
would not extend his
corruption probe beyond
the Jonathan government.

“If you recall, that was
already settled before he got
inaugurated as president.
He has said he will not
waste time digging into the
far past,” Mr. Adesina said.
“The far past will includes
Obasanjo and others. But
the president has said he
will not waste time to go
that far.”

Before leaving office, Mr.
Jonathan had said any
probe by the new government would
be seen as a “witch hunt” if it fails to
go beyond his administration.
Speaking on criticisms over President
Buhari’s decision to travel to the U.S.
with his son, Yusuf, the presidential
spokesperson said Mr. Buhari did not
breach any rule.

He said it was a normal practice for
presidents to travel with members of
their families, citing the example of
American presidents who travel
abroad with their wives and children.
“There is absolutely nothing wrong
with the president travelling with one
of his sons. It is an acceptable and
standard practice. He could go with up
to four members of his family.
“Don’t forget that when former
President Bill Clinton visited Nigeria
while he was in office, he came with
his daughter, Chelsea.

“President Barak Obama travels with
his children and so the President of
Nigeria can travel out with three or
four of his children. Late President
Umaru Yar’Adua used to travel with
two of his sons and one of his
grandchildren,” he said.
Mr. Adesina described the outcome of
the president’s official visit to the US as
“a roaring success on every side.”
“There are good returns. It is an
investment that will yield very
handsome returns.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/187120-buhari-will-probe-jonathans-govt-only-not-obasanjos-others-presidency.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by chuxkyadin(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2015
l
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by dani3(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2015
BABA is in a revange mission...this is change indeed. But Wait oh is like i made FTC today because the poster above me has nothing to say...infact i dedicate this FTC to my lovely unborn kids and their beautiful mother...
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by Ayameze2015(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2015
The poster above me take time
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by 9jii(m): 8:31am On Jul 23, 2015
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by PunterTim(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2015
T
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 23, 2015
This president is a complete incompetent dullard.......probing a former commander in chief while his boko brothers are busy unleashing mayhem to thousands of civillians

when he will wake from his power drunkeness, it would have been too late.

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by dani3(m): 8:39am On Jul 23, 2015
Ayameze2015:
The poster above me take time

bro no vex i made it today
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by boboLIL(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2015
Is probing jonathan dealing wid boko haram? Y ar u dis aimless? Probe boko haram na.....mtcheeewwww

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by dani3(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2015
basbone:
This president is a complete incompetent dullard.......probing a former commander in chief while his boko brothers are busy unleashing mayhem to thousands of civillians

when he will wake from his power drunkeness, it would have been too late.
seconded
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by Young4jose: 8:44am On Jul 23, 2015
Seconded Sir.......!
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by SouthernBreeze(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2015
This man is a big joker. Change indeed
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by mrborntodoit: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari can probe Probe the past administration but it should be transparent shouldnt be an avenue to witch hunt his perceived enemies and targeting his political opponents.
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by crystalzoe: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2015
probe all u want. we're waiting
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by PPAngel(f): 8:54am On Jul 23, 2015
Vindictive old fool.

Keep distracting with your witch hunting but it won't make your presidency collapse before the end of this year.
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by nerodenero: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2015
Inasmuch as I support probing of corrupt leaders, limiting it to the last administration only isn't healthy at all. While I believe Jonathan might escape this probe, many of his cabinet members won't survive it.

PMB's fight against corruption is sectional and a witch hunt. Equity and justice should be our guiding principles.
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by OLADD: 9:20am On Jul 23, 2015
There's every cause to believe that either Buhari or Femi Adesina lack integrity. Saying one thing today and recanting tomorrow is obviously not a hallmark of men with impeccable characteristics. In the rundown to the elections Buhari expressly said he "will not probe Jonathan or any other previous adminstration because he does not want to be bogged down with endless probe". So why is Femi Adesina telling us Buhari said he will not probe "far" into the past? Why is it difficult to find responsible individuals in Nigeria again? Imagine a former editor of a major tabloid in Nigeria telling lies with this recklessness. I have once said that Nigeria was dead both spiritually and physically the day Buhari was elected President.
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by Chiefpriest1(m): 9:23am On Jul 23, 2015
Ppl will always talk. Baba do the little you can and leave the rest to posterity
Re: I Will Only Probe Jonathan's Government - Buhari by hinwazaka: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2015
hinwazaka:
The acting chairman of INEC Amina Zakari was scheduled to resign on Tuesday 21 July 2015, but today 25 July 2015 she still remains as the INEC boss. Slowly the SUM OF ALL FEARS is becoming a reality

(1) (Reply)

Should In Case U Want 2 Know What President Buhari Went 2 Cameroon For See Here / UN Report: Nigeria Is Seventh Largest In The World / Sahara Reporters #operation Civil Unrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.