Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander (23334 Views)

PHOTO: Buhari Leads Guards Brigade Band / Soldiers Serving In Abuja To Vacate Guards Brigade Accommodation. / Buhari Relaunches War Against Indiscipline Brigade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by ArodewilliamsT: 10:48am On Jul 23, 2015
God bless Bubuhari the President of Oduarewastan for this great appointment of the Gen. yusuf, proud son of the Islamic Caliphate. In Oduarewastan we believe.
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by ArodewilliamsT: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2015
skullbaba:
The last time an Hausaman appointed an igboman to that position, he and his family were slaughtererd in bed. I am not a tribalist. I am just a student of history

Who was the hausa president and what was the name of the Igbo Officer he appointed? You undereducated lying scum.

1 Like

Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by lexy2014: 11:06am On Jul 23, 2015
kaorama:
Nice one. However, I have noticed that Buhari has not departed from the usual pattern of appointment that characterized previous governments in Nigeria. They all appointed their tribal men to key military positions. Am looking forward to a time when a Yoruba President will appoint an Igbo man as Chief of Army Staff and an Igbo President will appoint an Hausa man the Commandant of Guards Brigade. It is only then we can say that we have selfless leaders and one country.
When we continuously view issues thru ethnic and tribal lenses, we miss d impt things and end up distorting d facts. U are completely wrong by saying that buhari and previous administrations have been bias in military appointments. Let's start from 1999 using d office of CDS which is d ranking command position after that of d C-in-C as an example. Obasanjo a yoruba man appointed Vice Admiral Ibrahim Ogohi an ebira man from Kogi as his first CDS. Ogohi was subsequently promoted 2d rank of Admiral, a first in d Nigerian Navy. Other CDS under OBJ are Alexander Ogomudia (Delta state) and Martin Luther Agwai(Kaduna state). D late pres. Yar Adua appointed Owoeye Azazi(Bayelsa state) and Paul Dike(a deltan ibo) as his chiefs of defense staff. Also bear in mind that btw 2006 and 2007(OBJ era) owoeye azazi an ijaw man, had worn d ranks of Maj. Gen, L. Gen, and General making his career one of d fastest in nigerian military history. Under president Jonathan, we had Oluseyi Petinrin and Ola Ibrahim(both yorubas) and Alex Badeh (Adamawa state). Buhari has Gabriel Olonisakin (Ekiti state). So were did u get your info that past presidents always appoint their tribal men 2 key military positions? Leadership isn't about being hausa and appointing ibo. Leadership is about using ones office, position and resources 2 uplift d living standards of d lives of those around u and 2 whom u are responsible

2 Likes

Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by likila: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2015
saregidi:
Gen yusuf is a repected man, he deserves it

who respect him?
boko haram?
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by skullbaba: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2015
Reference:

So tribe is alive and well. Tomorrow the same you, yes you will come here and say, under this new government we are seeing competence replacing sentiments. I think we are just..... wasting our time. Without restructuring this country, nothing will ever change. You can change government all you like, you cannot change the Nigerian mentality and psyche, which drives everything and is the reason why we are the way we are. I don't expect Buhari to do otherwise because I have not deceived myself. It is not his fault and it is normal. Nigeria makes you sectional by default.
. Hello, there is no country where there is no sectionalism, in a nuclear family of two children the father will love a child more than the other it nornmal and humanly. The so call united states is under the influence of the caucasian even though they try to diversify. That is why all their top agencys are lead by white, the directors, billionairs are mostly white. You know how they did it ? It is Simple, it is called 'organised' the latinos that brought drug to the will be arrested, the blackman that sell it will be arrested but the whiteman that control the price, hide the money and use it at wall street will escape. The problem of we africans is that we are not organised, the ndigbo are organised in business structure by taking over the country business, the NORTHERNERS ( igala, hausa,fulani,jukuns,tapa,berom,etc) are organised in taking over politics, the yorubas are organised in academics and journalism. Until will learn to marry this organisation that we will succed. Even if nigeria split there is going to a race e.g in Biafra some are anglican, some are catholic, some believe in eze some don't, this petty things will divide us. There is always tribalism that is why there is racism in us and europe. To heal tribalism is tough than any other wound. With time we will understand that that there is nothing like tribalism but an element of capitalism to make profit
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by kokoA(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2015
Kelvin0:
pls o, what is his job description
protect the president and his family.
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by free13: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2015
It's ok.
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by MilitaryMinded(m): 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
kaorama:
Nice one. However, I have noticed that Buhari has not departed from the usual pattern of appointment that characterized previous governments in Nigeria. They all appointed their tribal men to key military positions. Am looking forward to a time when a Yoruba President will appoint an Igbo man as Chief of Army Staff and an Igbo President will appoint an Hausa man the Commandant of Guards Brigade. It is only then we can say that we have selfless leaders and one country.

Buhari has already appointed a yoruba man as his chief of defense staff, which is the highest ranking office in the whole armed forces... What else do you people want?
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
kaorama:
That is because northerners are prone to coup de tat.
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by Adminisher: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
kaorama:

This guards brigade is for point defence of Abuja and Aso Rock. Every president appoints his own man here. Jonathan did and now Buhari.
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
lexy2014:
When we continuously view issues thru ethnic and tribal lenses, we miss d impt things and end up distorting d facts. U are completely wrong by saying that buhari and previous administrations have been bias in military appointments. Let's start from 1999 using d office of CDS which is d ranking command position after that of d C-in-C as an example. Obasanjo a yoruba man appointed Vice Admiral Ibrahim Ogohi an ebira man from Kogi as his first CDS. Ogohi was subsequently promoted 2d rank of Admiral, a first in d Nigerian Navy. Other CDS under OBJ are Alexander Ogomudia (Delta state) and Martin Luther Agwai(Kaduna state). D late pres. Yar Adua appointed Owoeye Azazi(Bayelsa state) and Paul Dike(a deltan ibo) as his chiefs of defense staff. Also bear in mind that btw 2006 and 2007(OBJ era) owoeye azazi an ijaw man, had worn d ranks of Maj. Gen, L. Gen, and General making his career one of d fastest in nigerian military history. Under president Jonathan, we had Oluseyi Petinrin and Ola Ibrahim(both yorubas) and Alex Badeh (Adamawa state). Buhari has Gabriel Olonisakin (Ekiti state). So were did u get your info that past presidents always appoint their tribal men 2 key military positions? Leadership isn't about being hausa and appointing ibo. Leadership is about using ones office, position and resources 2 uplift d living standards of d lives of those around u and 2 whom u are responsible

I have noted ur contribution. You totally misunderstood my intentions. Its okay, anyway.
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by BigBen10: 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
kaorama:

The head of the military(army,navy and airforce) chief of defence staff is a yoruba man na.
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by eleko1: 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
GOD BlEss U jare. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy wink grin grin.
bigerboy200:

so u expect PMB to appoint your uncle and give him the responsibility of guarding him and his family members abiiiiii so ur uncle will use AK47 and blow up PMB's head and start shouting BIAFRA BIAFRA up and down..go and guard the person u voted for in otuoke....nonsense
Good ansa.Can't stop Laughing grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
ichidodo:
Ofcourse..... He's a moslem from the north... All sensitive security apparatchik positions are now filled by Boko Haram moles..

Do you have to display your senselessness to the world?
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by lexy2014: 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
kaorama:

I have noted ur contribution. You totally misunderstood my intentions. Its okay, anyway.
I only responded based on d issues u raised. No offence intended though. Cheers
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by lexy2014: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
skullbaba:
. Hello, there is no country where there is no sectionalism, in a nuclear family of two children the father will love a child more than the other it nornmal and humanly. The so call united states is under the influence of the caucasian even though they try to diversify. That is why all their top agencys are lead by white, the directors, billionairs are mostly white. You know how they did it ? It is Simple, it is called 'organised' the latinos that brought drug to the will be arrested, the blackman that sell it will be arrested but the whiteman that control the price, hide the money and use it at wall street will escape. The problem of we africans is that we are not organised, the ndigbo are organised in business structure by taking over the country business, the NORTHERNERS ( igala, hausa,fulani,jukuns,tapa,berom,etc) are organised in taking over politics, the yorubas are organised in academics and journalism. Until will learn to marry this organisation that we will succed. Even if nigeria split there is going to a race e.g in Biafra some are anglican, some are catholic, some believe in eze some don't, this petty things will divide us. There is always tribalism that is why there is racism in us and europe. To heal tribalism is tough than any other wound. With time we will understand that that there is nothing like tribalism but an element of capitalism to make profit
your analysis is exact. Every tribe has its strengths and all are important no matter how small just like parts of d body. But in nigeria, d eyes want 2do d work of d brain. I agree with u that there's an element of capitalism in all this. Essentially, its a class war not ethnic or tribal war. Those of d higher class no themselves but same can't b said of d lower class. Its good every tribe understand its strengths and harness them 4d good of Nigeria. Nice one(in addition, I think d yorubas are also ahead in d legal profession and corporate business)
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by ceejay4real(m): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
kaorama:

My brother dat is almost impossible, cos no Head of State wants the fate suffered by General Aguiyi Ironsi 2 befall him. PERIOD!
Re: Gen Yusuf Appointed New Guards Brigade Commander by skullbaba: 6:56am On Jul 24, 2015
lexy2014:
your analysis is exact. Every tribe has its strengths and all are important no matter how small just like parts of d body. But in nigeria, d eyes want 2do d work of d brain. I agree with u that there's an element of capitalism in all this. Essentially, its a class war not ethnic or tribal war. Those of d higher class no themselves but same can't b said of d lower class. Its good every tribe understand its strengths and harness them 4d good of Nigeria. Nice one(in addition, I think d yorubas are also ahead in d legal profession and corporate business)
let me tell you a secret about power. Abacha was never born intthe elite family but has a head of state he decimated the almight dasuki, buhari was never one and he nearly decimated ooni of ife and emir of kano, ojukwu father was once the richest man from the east but now a new sheriff is in town. There is no country without CABALS, even the lady president of south korea promise to decimate these people that her father made and vice versa but she has already failed in her quest,hillary clinton promise to go after some cabals now she can't win an ordinary primary, even the so call discipline china is now been taking over, what we need is the RIGHT CABAL,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whistleblower, George Uboh Accuses Obaseki Of 'Monumental Fraud' / 54 Boko Haram, ISWAP Fighters Dead As Rival Terror Groups Clash Near Lake Chad / Soludo Begins Construction Of Amansea, Awka – Ufuma Road In Anambra (pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.