Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,438 members, 7,861,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion (3681 Views)

FFK On Buhari/Osinbajo Boycotting ECOWAS Meeting With Benjamin Netanyahu / Saraki Swears In Benjamin Uwajumogu As Senator (Photos) / Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 11:39am On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

Did u read this...................he is rumored to have killed 500 rebellious ...........

Sorry, so rumoured, which means there's every probability that it is a lie right?

If it's a lie, why then should he be honoured?
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by BankeSmalls(f): 11:43am On Jul 24, 2015
Pussymonster:
We should take time to remember this soldier because most teenagers I've met have never heard of his name or knew what he did ... So I just dropped this opinion so his name won't go extinct in the history of Nigeria

Can I know your opinion

Fine with me, since the billions made here will be ferried to south east

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Demdem2: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
loomer:

Sorry, so rumoured, which means there's every probability that it is a lie right?

If it's a lie, why then should he be honoured?

There is also a probability of it being the truth. Thats why its called rumour.
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

There is also a probability of it being the truth. Thats why its called rumour.

That's y I said WHAT IF

And honestly speaking, how can u kill 500 people with one bullet?
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Demdem2: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2015
loomer:

That's y I said WHAT IF

Good, so a rumour could be true

And honestly speaking, how can u kill 500 people with one bullet?

The more reason why his name should be immortalized. He did the unthinkable. Yet a mystery to us. Scorpion was too much.

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

I been wan tell my 5year old about this story, but I come reason am say the first words wey go come out of her mouth go be "don't be silly uncle"
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by pazienza(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Well, he died like Nigeria will one day do. Abandoned, rejected, miserable, poor and forgotten.

Not a bad idea, I. support the renaming of Alaba international market to Adekunle market. It's a good idea, and I mean it with all sincerity.
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
loomer:

So you mean he killed 500 people with ONE BULLET?

Who told you the story?
no he was just exaggerating.... But he was a terror to the igbos grin

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
no he was just exaggerating.... But he was a terror to the igbos grin

Better said, but I truly would love to know the real story. Make me self fit exaggerate small grin

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Demdem2: 12:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
loomer:

I been wan tell my 5year old about this story, but I come reason am say the first words wey go come out of her mouth go be "don't be silly uncle"

Its ur choice for u and ur niece not to believe. It doesn't nullify the legend that is widely acceptable.
Scorpion killed rebellious ibos in droves. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
pazienza:
Well, he died like Nigeria will one day do. Abandoned, rejected, miserable, poor and forgotten.

Not a bad idea, I. support the renaming of Alaba international market to Adekunle market. It's a good idea, and I mean it with all sincerity.
stfu he was rich ... He didn't die a miserable death ..... And he's not forgotten
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
loomer:

Better said, but I truly would love to know the real story. Make me self fit exaggerate small grin
lemme summarise it ... He was the main soldier during the civil war .. He killed but moving and non moving object At the mention of Adekunle Benjamin all biafrans must shiver
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
BankeSmalls:

Fine with me, since the billions made here will be ferried to south east
lmao won't they pay tax here ?
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by pazienza(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
stfu he was rich ... He didn't die a miserable death ..... And he's not forgotten

http://radiobiafra.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=940:benjamin-adekunle-black-scorpions-of-biafra-civil-war-is-illness&catid=115:news&Itemid=529

He died a miserable poor man, who couldn't afford his medical bills, and he was abandoned and forgotten, as his plea for help fell into deaf ears.

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by shotster50(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
History is written by conquerors.... Benjamin Adekunle would be a war criminal if all were fair but OP carry on with this foolishness....
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
pazienza:

http://radiobiafra.co/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=940:benjamin-adekunle-black-scorpions-of-biafra-civil-war-is-illness&catid=115:news&Itemid=529

He died a miserable poor man, who couldn't afford his medical bills, and he was abandoned and forgotten, as his plea for help fell into deaf ears.
he has over 6 houses in lagos
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by BankeSmalls(f): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
he has over 6 houses in lagos

he sold all to save him from the sickness that tormented him for over 20 years. The childred were begging him to die.
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by zendy: 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
he's a national hero

How is he a national hero? For helping the Yoruba/Northern partnership keep the fraud known as Nigeria one? He was a failed Soldier who was unceremoniously retired. He should have been sent to The Hague to answer for war crimes.

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

Its ur choice for u and ur niece not to believe. It doesn't nullify the legend that is widely acceptable.
Scorpion killed rebellious ibos in droves. grin grin

So you said
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
lemme summarise it ... He was the main soldier during the civil war .. He killed but moving and non moving object At the mention of Adekunle Benjamin all biafrans must shiver

Ok, I will just tell anyone that asks me that he's the person who killed both living and non-living things during the war. grin

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Demdem2: 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
loomer:

So you said

Yes so u and ur niece should respect it
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Demdem2: 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
loomer:

Ok, I will just tell anyone that asks me that he's the person who killed both living and non-living things during the war. grin

Good. u should also add that anytime his name his mentioned on the warfront, his enemies tremble with fear.

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

Yes so u and ur niece should respect it
Cos u said so?

Demdem2:

Good. u should also add that anytime his name his mentioned on the warfront, his enemies tremble with fear.

I sure won't forget
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
BankeSmalls:

he sold all to save him from the sickness that tormented him for over 20 years. The childred were begging him to die.
please what do u know about him
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by richeso: 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
eleriibu niyin..

come be the president of yorubaland sef..no be only govnr of Lagos.

Oga so arae gan o. Ma try me o

Even u sekf come from ondo or oyo or ibadan . All of una na visitors.
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by FrenchBiafran: 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
The thieving, backstabing, treacherous vermins called Yorubas.
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
It's d igbos who own that market now that can decide what it will be called. If they like let dem name it oduduwa market, igbos will simply refuse calling dier market by that name.

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by 9jalyte: 11:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
Demdem2:

This is no brainer. Scorpion (Benjamin Adekunle) during the civil war was Ibo nemesis. The Nigerian nation secret weapon against the rebels. he is rumored to have killed 500 rebellious ibos with just a bullet. By the mention of the name scorpion, the late coward, ojukwu normally pee in his pants anytime these rebels meets to re strategise. Knowing fully well how troublesome some ibos are at alaba, calling the place after this Nigerian hero may cut their excesses.

Good idea by Op. Ambode should consider this no doubt.

Hmmmmm! Ok ooo, I am happy that if those of us young people today who cannot tell how the man started or what his legacies are, we can at least tell how he ended. We know the later part of his life was the true definition of hell. If I were to be his son (thank God I am not), I would have openly asked for forgiveness on behalf of his father. I am sure the curse the man is carrying will be enough for 5 generations after him.

And for you celebrating him hear this: May your life be like that of Adekunle. If u don't say amen it means u are spineless.
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by mensdept: 11:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
Demdem2:

This is no brainer. Scorpion (Benjamin Adekunle) during the civil war was Ibo nemesis. The Nigerian nation secret weapon against the rebels. he is rumored to have killed 500 rebellious ibos with just a bullet. By the mention of the name scorpion, the late coward, ojukwu normally pee in his pants anytime these rebels meets to re strategise. Knowing fully well how troublesome some ibos are at alaba, calling the place after this Nigerian hero may cut their excesses.
Good idea by Op. Ambode should consider this no doubt.

One died in honor by 40 million people, plus state burial, the other died after being a crack addict, and never amounted to anything in life except prostrating to Northern Islamist lol.

Anyway, is there anything named after Fajuyi?

2 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by oyatz(m): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
You are quoting your usual propaganda from radio Biafra and banding it as fact.
You better wake up and face front

pazienza:

(1) (2) (Reply)

RIP Nigeria - Last One Out, Turn Off The Light / what you weren't told about Aba protest today. many dead, 30 injured / Who Else Is Having This Problem With NIMC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.