Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,236 members, 7,836,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion (3657 Views)

FFK On Buhari/Osinbajo Boycotting ECOWAS Meeting With Benjamin Netanyahu / Saraki Swears In Benjamin Uwajumogu As Senator (Photos) / Ongoing Biafra Protest In Alaba Market, Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
We should take time to remember this soldier because most teenagers I've met have never heard of his name or knew what he did ... So I just dropped this opinion so his name won't go extinct in the history of Nigeria

Can I know your opinion

1 Share

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
You didn't give a single reason why he should be honoured

2 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by nice101(m): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
I concur

Make ishilove or lalasticlala come carry go front page make ambode see am grin

2 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by weyreypey: 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by ITbomb(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
Ghen ghen
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Tolexander: 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
Well done!

Olopa go jam police tonight!

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
You want the 2nd class citizens to die grin

3 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by GspotAngela(f): 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
I support the motion. Infact, PMB should build the 2nd Niger Bridge and name it Obafemi Awolowo Bridge or better still, Othman Dan Fodio Bridge.

3 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by CSTR2: 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by CSTR2: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2015

7 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
CSTR2:
That will not stop Nigeria from being a shithole and an embarassment to the entire black race.
A nation of jesters governed by pariahs.
Somaliahood is your destination.
noted
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
GspotAngela:
I support the motion. Infact, PMB should build the 2nd Niger Bridge and name it Obafemi Awolowo Bridge or better still, Othman Dan Fodio Bridge.
you wicked oo you want biafrans to be dying daily on the bridge ?

2 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
loomer:
he's a national hero
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by ezeagu(m): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
You want the 2nd class citizens to die grin

We're waiting for you first. Name it please, so they can leave you dry.

2 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by richeso: 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
Why is it that since Tinubu, Fashola enter. any destroyed market will be renovated and renamed ?
same thing happens at Suru-Alaba market which even sellers donated money to rebuild, after the renovation it was renamed to tinubu's family name

now Alaba too, Lagos is tuning to a TOTAL 1 FAMILY property.

outside Yoruba, No other tribe have a say in lagos.

until an igbo man becomes governor of Lagos, then i will believe the 1Nigeria shit.

2 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Ayus34(m): 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
ezeagu:

We're waiting for you first. Name it please, so they can leave you dry.
I see him as world hero!! !
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
hakeem4:
he's a national hero

That's y I asked, what exactly did he do?
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
loomer:

That's y I asked, what exactly did he do?
he fought the civil war
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
richeso:
Why is it that since Tinubu, Fashola enter. any destroyed market will be renovated and renamed ?
same thing happens at Suru-Alaba market which even sellers donated money to rebuild, after the renovation it was renamed to tinubu's family name

until an igbo man becomes governor of Lagos, then i will believe the 1Nigeria shit.
lagos is a Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by basilo101: 12:23am On Jul 24, 2015
Overhyping local champions as usual.
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by basilo101: 12:26am On Jul 24, 2015
hakeem4:
lagos is a Yoruba land
Lagos is nigerialand. Wake me up wen an osun man becomes d govonor of Oyo state since they are both yoruba
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by ademusiwa9: 12:30am On Jul 24, 2015
They should. To make igbo remember ,war is notgood. I like your joke.

4 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 7:00am On Jul 24, 2015
basilo101:

Lagos is nigerialand. Wake me up wen an osun man becomes d govonor of Oyo state since they are both yoruba
it's a Yoruba land .. So if he wants and people vote for him
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 7:01am On Jul 24, 2015
basilo101:
Overhyping local champions as usual.
local champion!!!! But at the mention of his name every igbos tremble
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by hakeem4(m): 8:26am On Jul 24, 2015
ademusiwa9:
They should. To make igbo remember ,war is notgood. I like your joke.
make people they get heart attack before entering market every morning
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:13am On Jul 24, 2015
richeso:

eleriibu niyin..

come be the president of yorubaland sef..no be only govnr of Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Demdem2: 9:19am On Jul 24, 2015
loomer:

This is no brainer. Scorpion (Benjamin Adekunle) during the civil war was Ibo nemesis. The Nigerian nation secret weapon against the rebels. he is rumored to have killed 500 rebellious ibos with just a bullet. By the mention of the name scorpion, the late coward, ojukwu normally pee in his pants anytime these rebels meets to re strategise. Knowing fully well how troublesome some ibos are at alaba, calling the place after this Nigerian hero may cut their excesses.

Good idea by Op. Ambode should consider this no doubt.

3 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Dagah2: 9:39am On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

This is no brainer. Scorpion (Benjamin Adekunle) during the civil war was Ibo nemesis. he is rumored to have killed 500 rebellions ibos with just a bullet. By the mention of the name scorpion, the late coward, ojukwu normally pee in his pants anytime these rebels meets to re strategise. Knowing fully well how troublesome some ibos are at alaba, calling the place after this Nigerian hero may cut their excesses.

You are not a just bigot but something worse it.....Ojukwu may be a coward but you are cowardice defined.You give them more excuse to their secession cry.....
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Demdem2: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2015
Dagah2:

You are not a just bigot but something worse it.....Ojukwu may be a coward but you are cowardice defined.You give them more excuse to their secession cry.....

Goon, what makes me a bigot? by stating it has it really happened and still being fortold till date? u really have a problem. They can secede for all i care but if they want war, again they will be crushed and this time around much more mercilessly.

2 Likes

Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by loomer: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

This is no brainer. Scorpion (Benjamin Adekunle) during the civil war was Ibo nemesis. The Nigerian nation secret weapon against the rebels. he is rumored to have killed 500 rebellious ibos with just a bullet. By the mention of the name scorpion, the late coward, ojukwu normally pee in his pants anytime these rebels meets to re strategise. Knowing fully well how troublesome some ibos are at alaba, calling the place after this Nigerian hero may cut their excesses.

So you mean he killed 500 people with ONE BULLET?

Who told you the story?
Re: Renaming Of Alaba Market To Benjamin Adekunle Market - Opinion by Demdem2: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2015
loomer:

So you mean he killed 500 people with ONE BULLET?

Who told you the story?

Did u read this...................he is rumored to have killed 500 rebellious ...........

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senate Resolves Crisis / (as Of Today)!!!biafra Alert!!!....finally Buhari Has Shot Himself In The Foot / #imoreun: APC Sweep Polls, As INEC Declares Uwajumogu Senator Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.